Playoff Match 1--CDB vs Gundam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
10 posts

match ends next fri at midnight

BF--sahara desert, 1km apart, out of line of sight

leonidas

psycho gundam
I say:

"-on the battlefield-

Once prep is over with, my team of Pip and Harrow (harrow's making contact) teleport to the furthest corner adjacent to the center of the map with two of the three dunes between us and Charlotte's team. Pip swiftly goes into a prone position and uses his long range scope to get a lock on our opposition, harrow is still making physical contact as he spots Pip as he will be teleporting randomly around the perimeter of the map until our opponents make a move."

"As you can see teleportation is stupidly faster.

Flying up high over the desert in order to see Pip and all that is nice, but Pip will be watching for that also, and you still have the problem with launching an attack on a teleporting character all the while staying as far as you can from him so you don't take yourself out. The scream will help but Pip will be teleporting like crazy
all over the map emitting the draining effect."

And she says:

"At the bell Goddess of War immidiately takes into the air and flies on her top speed (Mach 1) to the heights of approximately 500 metres above the battlefield."

"Now, powerdrained and teleportation are your friends. But they're quite limited in your situation. First, a target needs to be 100 metres or something like that close to the drainer. Next, you CAN'T fly and can only stay in midair for second or like that before gravity does her job."

Need I say more here?

Pip and Harrow are waiting there when a leathery rocket flies up (* note YT vids on mach-1 objects in motion) making the move they want, all Pip would have to do is head you off at the pass by teleporting right up there. Pip the Troll's teleportation ability is practically perfect, he has no innate flaws in his like say Nightcrawler has, getting down from 500 meters wouldn't even carry momentum like NC's does nor will he get disoriented in any way.

The "100 meters" thing was me being generous, the drainer has no specific range but the Sentry and all the others were nowhere near |Harrow since he was hiding and obviously on a computer somewhere about to hack Osborn. His location is unknown, it could be further than 100 meters so I have "100+ meters" to be generous. Though you never know how far the reach of the drainer is since nobody with powers was standing (or floating) behind the farthest character taken out by the drainer.

But anyway, Blair tried the same tactic, the whole flying up thing and it didn't work so..... you just made your amalgam fall harder. *shrugs*

The amalgam then gets put out of it's misery via gun shot since it's durability and powers are gone...

erm

leonidas
judges--galan, delph, jlking. please have votes in by the following monday at midnight

leonidas
RULING: drug-induced amp to a character that is already borderline (m)=illegal.

disallow the rave amp judges. sorry cdb.

Charlotte DeBel
Post #1

Don't do drugs, drugs suck etc etx

So, Leo banned drugs. OK, let's keep that stuff child-friendly and see what you can do without them.
Gundam tried to factor in EVERYTHING. Except for ONE thing that is crucial for him- TELEPATHY.

You see, Monet's thinking\reaction speed is>>>>> anyone in your team. Your guys aren't famous for any kind of outlandish psi-resistance.
Now, the drugs were initially needed to amplify active range. But 1 mile is not some outlandish distance.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/?action=view&current=Generation_X_51_12.jpg
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/?action=view&current=Generation_X_51_15.jpg
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/?action=view&current=Generation_X_51_16.jpg

Coordinating five minds over the area that's as large as our approximate battle distance.
Factoring in NOBODY in your team has any kind of psi-resistance, and Monet thinks at superhuman speed... telepathic location is instant. I don't need to see you to know where are you... and make you see stuff that isn't there in direct sequence with that.

You see, according to the rules of the game, the only things I can't do to you using telepathy is direct mental shutdown or mindblast (and mind control of your team). Everything else is free game... including making your opric nerves register false positives.
And since telepathy is included in my starting strategy (simultaneously with flight) you are not seeing what I don't need you to see.
Telepaths were always able to outgun non-psi-protected teleporters in non-PIS situations, and your minds are the only ones in the area. One picosecond to reach and to mindwipe...
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/996/speedofthoughtmh6.jpg
Psylocke is being generous on the scans- telepathy is actually faster than the speed of light. Two near-instant actions with superfast brain= you see only the stuff I want you to see.

Obviously nobody was altering the perception of operators in your videos. However, I can and will alter yours. My much faster reaction speed only means you're beaten at quick draw.

Likening my strategy to Blair's... meh. I feel insulted. Not only his flight\reaction speed sucks donkey balls compared to mine, he didn't have a telepath with reaction speed to outgun your team.

Once the simple mindtrick worked (and I've shown Monet operating at the distance comparable to the one we have there), what you see and what you don't see is dictated by me altering your perceptions (not direct mind control so no ban there, illusions and slight mindwipes are allowed, only posessions and telepathic OHKs are banned).

Thus I dictate what happens on the battlefield. All your actions (teleporting on top of the dune and pointing the scope) are TOO slow compared to telepathic alteration from someone whose thinking speed is much more faster than your team.

Speed is relevant only to outgunning you on the start. Telepathy vs teleport, one directed by faster mind (mine) wins. Also, TP is something you conviniently ignored there, treating Goddess of War as just some brick with sonic powers.

I find myself offended.

To quote myself again to avoid any confusions.

Telepathic search, flight and disorientation all happen at once. I have far superior thinking speed to yours= you are affected by TP at the first picosecond.

Then I only need sonic scream to KO your pathetic drainer-happy sniper and the bonus meatbag according to the rules as I can't do that using TP. That's even easier than with Omega Vision cause unlike him, you don't have ANY proven psi-protection and will be owned.

Have a nice day, darling...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Post #1
To quote myself again to avoid any confusions.

Fly high into the air at tourney cap speed. Simultaneously use telepathy to locate your amalgam and screw with its perceptions (while Punisher should have some feats against mindcontrol, he has next to nothing against making him see things that aren't there, and nor do Harrow or Pip).

This was the actual quote: "Combat:

At the bell Goddess of War immidiately takes into the air and flies on her top speed (Mach 1) to the heights of approximately 500 metres above the battlefield.
Once there, she sends a powerful sonic impulse in your direction. TP and superhearing is your friend at locating your team. The goal of that is to wreck a bit of sandy havoc in your general vicinity."

wink

Oh yeah, LOL! @ "general vicinity." The map is what Pip works with.

You have them focusing on getting the high ground THEN launching your assault, you character doesn't even know where any of mine are during the ascent and only attempt to once they reach their desired altitude...all the while being watched by Pip's 4+ mile scope and Harrow who is spotting him.

A desert is a desert cause the habitat has a low precipitation rate, therefor the sky is almost devoid of cloud cover. You're amalgam is in plain sight as it goes skyward and like I posted, objects moving at the speed of sound are quite visible from distance shots using non-zoomed devices, namely human eyes. The black leather (or x-uniform), lack of any other moving objects, Frank's hunter instinct/training, inevitable plume created by your take-off, etc won't help either. erm

Your amalgams sexy pants will be caught down once Pip Scoffs and mutters *amatures* then teleports above you and to the side Pip the Troll style (again, Pip's teleportation is instantaneous and creates no air disturbances since it's directly gained from the almighty Space gem's power) and simply drains your hopes of triumph away...simple as that.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1549/deathtrap.jpg

^ As you can see you will be all up in my draining zone (rough visual but you get the point) for a while since it's huge, even if Pip is in the air for a second it still translates to a while of draining since you're going up and 9.8 meters squared of acceleration due to gravity hasn's hit it's peak at all. Not to mention Pip could just do additional tele-hops to keep you withing the grip of the drainer indefinitely. no expression

You won't be able to use your stratagem past the flight part so the telepathy then sonic berrages are irrelevant.

leonidas
NOTE--jlking has been replaced by bats as a judge

Charlotte DeBel
Back into the saddlesmile

Let's start w\the science. The speed of sound is 331,5 meters per second. In 1,5 seconds I'll be at the required heights. But I'm not just cannonballing myself into the sky- I'm actively screwing up with your perceptions at the same time.
Not a lot of multitasking considering a few facts.

1.Monet's active radius is right about 1 mile as seen in the mindlinking scans.
2. Your amalgam is the only other sentient being other that mine in the desert.
3.Now that's where the fun starts
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/Tourney%20Scans/?action=view&current=Generation-X-072---22.jpg
"Mindwiping is one of the first things Emma has ever taught me..."
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/Tourney%20Scans/Generation-X-072---20.jpg
Applies that skill to a train full of people.

Your team=zero mental resistance, darling. They might have a little more willpower, but I'm not trying to mind control you. That's banned. Toying with perceptions is OK, BTW.

Blair had no TP, no superfast brain, and no feats of superfast flight. None of his characters was a speedster.
We do know that the range of the drainer isn't very large as far as the heights go.

I have genuine speedster. I only need 1,5 seconds to get to the point where you can't possibly reach me. Unless you've tuned your drainer to work upwards and not sideways (not proven), it's as useless as **** on bull.
http://img148.imageshack.us/i/editedtakestime.jpg/
The depowerment takes very little time, but it's not high-instant. Luke Cage is still fine on the panel, 1.5 seconds have passed.
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/sentrytakestime.jpg/
Same with Sentry.

Also even if you claim the range of the sphere to be whatever you want (no limits fallacy), nothing like that was shown on panel. The Avengers needed to be lured to the ground for the drainer to affect them.
1.5 seconds is all I need. And please stop bringing Blair there. None of his characters was a speedster, and it's convinient how you ignore TP all the time.
Why? Because I know where are you, and you need sniping scope to get clear look at me. The lasting effects of the drainer also need more that 1.5 seconds to start in general.

Blair only failed because he was too slow. Speed (backed up with TP) kills.

Charlotte DeBel
Some more stuff

Emma gives Monet a lesson in perception alteration
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/th_ANNgenx_v1_1997_01_rougher.jpghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/th_ANNgenx_v1_1997_02_03_rougher.jpg

Monet was far from a retarded student. In fact her IQ was genius level.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/ageofjubilee/th_GenerationX002_06.jpg

So...what you're trying to state there, darling, is she won't be able to apply stuff she was taught to do to one defencelenss mind on the distance that's < or = her largest active range of TP. I'm not doing any deep scans or deep psychic surgery where Monet ACTUALLY needs close physical contact.

And your brain is as defenceless as the one of any humans on that train, darling.
Infinitely tuneable range of the drainer is wishful thinking, darling.

psycho gundam
....... sleepy

I could basically just re-post the response I made before yours, but I'll write a bit, and you can re-read my last post and just keep on reading this one like it was connected smile

Light travels just under 300,000 kilometers per second, so your 1.5 seconds of vertical lift won't go unnoticed. Pip's teleportation again is instantaneous and considering My amalgam doesn't even have to pinpoint your position since he's surrounded by the draining effect, it's almost laughable.

The sonic boom created by your amalgam will be a nice "come get me" message.

Anyway, you wrote TWICE that your character was going to ascend then use it's powers:

1st instance:

"Combat:
At the bell Goddess of War immidiately takes into the air and flies on her top speed (Mach 1) to the heights of approximately 500 metres above the battlefield.
Once there, she sends a powerful sonic impulse in your direction. TP and superhearing is your friend at locating your team. The goal of that is to wreck a bit of sandy havoc in your general vicinity."

^ See last post....again no expression

2nd instance:

"So, the brief description of my strat:
Fly high into the air at tourney cap speed. Simultaneously use telepathy to locate your amalgam and screw with its perceptions (while Punisher should have some feats against mindcontrol, he has next to nothing against making him see things that aren't there, and nor do Harrow or Pip). While you're disoriented, fire two sonic blasts in your direction- one big area effecting one of concussive force, and one subtile ultrasonic one to f*ck up your inner ear and knock you out."

"Fly high into the air at tourney cap speed." notice the period here, you encapsulated your first action's here with it. You want to launch yourself up high then.....

"]

Yadda Yadda Yadda...

"

You'll "attempt" to do your meager disorientation thing (which mind you is not going to actually take care of the draining problem nor actually take Pip down really, just mess with him during this crucial time = waste) only after you get up high and "away from Pip".

Tying to take apart the time it took to down Cage and Sentry.... you still have no clue where Harrow was to even begin with. There is no No-limits fallacy here, all I'm saying is the Proximity is unknown, but we do know that dude was hidden and out of harm's way like a smart guy's supposed to be when going up against super-powered teams.
You should look over Ms. Marvel's epic fall though, she fell like a stone without knowing anything happened. Pip will also be a lot closer than Harrow supposedly was, and there will be no obstructions to even make an argument over to defend your character's health and well being.

My stratagem was created with "hunter and prey" style logic; Stay out of sight and just let my prey run scared in the open like a Rabbit or Deer; swoop down on them all silent like a Tiger or Owl (whatever tickles your fancy); then close down on their windpipe and let them struggle for life while their brain comes to grips that they will soon expire. You have no time for fight, just flight, for all that's worth. No time to use your gifts. You can run, but Pip's faster.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5136/punisher1003.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2672/punisher1004.jpg

You're FOOD

leonidas
okay judges, have at it. votes in by monday at midnight, as agreed please. smile

illadelph12
My vote goes to Gundam (sorry Charlotte, you are still the homie). The port and neutralize strategy is hard to get around. It's like Mayweather's shell style. It limits your options to the point that regardless of having the heavier artillery you don't have an opportunity to use it. Once M goes skyward Pip is closing the gap very quickly and with the drainer on it's pretty much curtains. Well played PG.

Galan007

batdude123
My vote also has to go to psycho gundam. Imo, I felt that his strategy was superior to Charlotte's. His was quick and effective, while she entered the battle with a flawed tactic- trying to get the high ground first. He has the mobility advantage via teleportation, and he can end the fight in a single shot. Regardless, I felt that Charlotte's powers would most likely be gone anyway, courtesy of Harrow. It didn't help that the entirety of her prep strategy was deemed illegal by leo.

Great job to both competitors, but psycho edged this one out.

psycho gundam
i feel like shit for winning like that to be honest.

i'm squeezing the juice out of this team till the seeds pop out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.