Lost Tribe of the Sith discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
Interesting? So far nothing to use in our Vs. Forum, i don't think. I'm about to read the 3rd novella, Paragon. I'll let you know. I'm hoping to find some substantiation of the level of the tribe.

Dr McBeefington
The whole concept sucks. But overall, I'm impressed with FOTJ because the authors did something nobody has dared to before. Align the sith and the jedi against a greater threat.

akpwnz
These are all e-books right? I've been wanting to read them but I do my most reading away from the PC. Anyway I can print these out?

truejedi
Yeah,they come as PDF files. Only about 25 pages each.Interesting so far. Careful, cause there is a pointless 25 page preview of the different FOTJ books at the end. No need to print that.

Ms.Marvel
where are you getting e books from >_>

truejedi
star wars. com actually. just search Lost Tribe of the Sith, and it should pop up.

Ms.Marvel
thanks!

Darth Truculent
Too honor bound like society. I prefer the Rule of Two - stupid titles like Tyro, Apprentice, Saber, Lord or Lady, High Lord. Resembles more of a samurai or knighthood. Absolutely retarded. We already had the Brotherhood of Darkness. Stick to:
"One Master, One Apprentice. One to embody the power, the other to crave it."

Bane would purge the Tribe with the thought bomb.

Ms.Marvel
we all saw how well the rule of two worked out for the sith didnt we no expression

5000 years of hiding in the shadows like vermin, 20 years of rule, then extinction! eek!

Q99
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
we all saw how well the rule of two worked out for the sith didnt we no expression

5000 years of hiding in the shadows like vermin, 20 years of rule, then extinction! eek!

Only 1,000 years of hiding smile

Lesse, Rule of One needed only 80 years of hiding, but got a likewise reduced 7-8 years of rule (probably).

The Sith Empire as seen in the new Old Republic stuff is likely the big winner in the rulership game.

Ms.Marvel
true. im curious to see how that all plays out. it would make palpatines ruling the galaxy somewhat less impressive

Gideon
Not really. The Sith Empire in the new MMORPG only controls about half of the galaxy; Krayt did better. Jacen did better.

Ms.Marvel
I KNEW you were going to come in here and reply to that!

LOL like when i wrote that i thought about referring to you in there somewhere... i knew it. i deserve a cookie.

Gideon
Ms.Marvel
I KNEW you were going to come in here and reply to that!

LOL like when i wrote that i thought about referring to you in there somewhere... i knew it. i deserve a cookie.

I knew you were going to say this.

Ms.Marvel
damn!

Gideon
Your cookie is denied, marm!

truejedi
You know, no one has ever conquered the Chiss.

Ms.Marvel
macs also dont get viruses

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
You know, no one has ever conquered the Chiss.

I'm pretty sure that's because they're a huge power in a region of space that's nearly impossible to navigate and therefore, unimportant.

Q99
They're just another species in galactic society by Legacy.

truejedi
Nope the Chiss Ascendency still exists in Legacy.

Fel has been exiled from it is all.

My point was, no one has ever actually controlled the galaxy.

Dr McBeefington
Nope the Chiss Ascendency still exists in Legacy.

Fel has been exiled from it is all.

My point was, no one has ever actually controlled the galaxy.

Palpatine did. The known galaxy that is. I'm sure if Palpatine wanted to send his armada on a wild goose chase into the Unknown Regions, he would control the Chiss.

truejedi
not so sure. Thrawn wouldn't have been on his side in that case, and Thrawn showed himself capable of some ridiculous things.

You saying "Palpatine did" and then quantifying it with "Known galaxy" is pointless.

He didn't. The Chiss knew about it. Known about to Palpatine is what you should call it.

Dr McBeefington
not so sure. Thrawn wouldn't have been on his side in that case, and Thrawn showed himself capable of some ridiculous things.

You saying "Palpatine did" and then quantifying it with "Known galaxy" is pointless.

He didn't. The Chiss knew about it. Known about to Palpatine is what you should call it.

The known galaxy is all that matters. Conquering a region of unexplored and unnavigatable space is irrelevant. Palpatine conquered the Core the the Outer Rim.

truejedi
Saying he could have done something is different than saying he actually did it.

And he actually did know about the Chiss, Thrawn worked for him, after all.

Gideon
Thrawn's presence wouldn't have effected the conquering of the Chiss by the greater Empire in the slightest. He is capable of stellar feats due to his skills as a strategist, but none of the semi-autonomous states in the galaxy during Palpatine's reign could challenge Coruscant militarily; they remained independent because they either served the Empire's purposes (Hutt Space) or did not warrant enough consideration (the Hapes Consortium).

SithAce_1
I believe that the Sith Empire came from the Unkown Regions also. So Palpatine would have known more about that area than most.(maybe) I think the Sith/Jedi have forgotten more than they know. Don't forget about the Outbound Flight the Jedi attempted to make and Palpatine destroyed for "some" reason. Like I said he knew something he didn't want the Jedi to know or he was just killing Jedi.

truejedi
Originally posted by SithAce_1
or he was just killing Jedi.

This. He wanted the massively powerful C'Baoth out of the way.

SithAce_1
Thanks for the clarification true...Also look at my sig and see there's a new Lost Tribe of the Sith book about 40 something pages. Haven't read it yet tho. Go and check it out. BTW is the Lost Tribe the bases for the Empire in the lost regions? From Star Wars the Old Republic mmo?

truejedi
don't know the answer to the question there, but is Savior the 4th book of that series? I have read 3.

SithAce_1
Yes I just read it earlier today but after this post its book 4. Its 4975 BBY so its a ways before KOTOR/KOTOR2 and the Old Republic mmo is roughly 300yrs. after them. BBY stand for before battle of yavin for those of you who didn't know. I checked for the info. I asked about earlier but its not even mentioned in the Star Wars databank. (too new and not fully figured out yet I guess) Although this date of 4975 is 1014 years before Revan and Malak turn to the dark side. So if the Emeror is 1300 years old he dates back to the lost tribe stuff. But like I said the Old Republic mmo stuff is really new and not sure if its been finalized. I hope that helps ya all.

Dr McBeefington
The MMO is a joke. They basically rendered the KOTOR games moot and retconned everything.

truejedi
Does it RetCon KOTOR? or does it simply become noncanon? There are comic books of KOTOR, which is higher canon than game content.

SithAce_1
I think they will eventually make the basic story line cannon but like I said its going to beta this fall so nothing is nailed down yet. All thats been said is most of the KOTOR people have lived and died in the 300yrs. but maybe some of the droids may still be around. They have incorporated KOTOR timeline/story into the game. The Sith Empire is from the unkown regions. If you remember Revan left everyone behind to look into some serious trouble in the unknown regions...etc. So I think they are very aware that they have to referance KOTOR for the fans of that game.

Dr McBeefington
Does it RetCon KOTOR? or does it simply become noncanon? There are comic books of KOTOR, which is higher canon than game content.

We've discussed this. Specifically, Revan and Malak being corrupted by the Emperor when they meet him in the Unknown Regions in search for the S.F. The original KOTOR storyline was that Revan gets corrupted on Malachor V and turns to the dark side there, then finds Korriban and the existence of the True Sith, and THEN goes looking for them. He doesn't get corrupted and come back as a vanguard for a Sith Invasion. So it's either completely retconned or the writers act like they forgot the entire KOTOR storylines.

Nephthys
That itself was retconned. The guy who said they were corrupted by the Sith was talking out of his ass.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Nephthys
That itself was retconned. The guy who said they were corrupted by the Sith was talking out of his ass.

He happens to be the writer for the game. It's funny how bioware is responsible for the KOTOR games and then conveniently forget the plotlines.

And this all disregarding the fact that they had to copy the Galactic Empire, almost to the very core.

Nephthys
They released a statement taking back what he said specifically becuase it had pissed people like you off.

That doesn't make it non-consistent or a retcon or anything though.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Nephthys
They released a statement taking back what he said specifically becuase it had pissed people like you off.

That doesn't make it non-consistent or a retcon or anything though.

Where and when?

SithAce_1
I was referancing the the KOTOR 2 storyline that Revan left the original KOTOR cast behind and went to the UR to stop something she had heard was going to be trouble. I could be really wrong but did not the Ratakan tech slowly turn Revan/Malak. And when they finally found the star forge it corrupted them. The Ratakan planet/star forge is in the known galaxy but just forgot about. I'm not saying your wrong Dr McBeefington I just was not aware of the stuff you said. BTW your Darth Malgus avatar is cool my avatar is from The Old Republic web site too.

Dr McBeefington
They were corrupted before the Star Forge. Around the time between the Ancient Ruins on Dantooine, and Malachor.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Where and when?

I don't know. Google it.

SithAce_1
Cool was not aware of that! So finding the star forge the second time as the mind wiped Revan is to find the star forge again to destroy it? Not to find what turned Revan/Malak to the darkside? Thanks for the info. Dr.

Dr McBeefington
Sith_Ace, have you played the KOTOR games? It doesn't sound like you have.

SithAce_1
Yes I have but it was a long time ago. When they came out played on PC tho. So my memory of said is a little sketchy. What I was originnaly asking was the new emperor from the lost tribe of the Sith in the UR? I've done some timeline research by the swtor he is about 1300 years old and by my checking the databank sith blog that puts him back to the lost tribe timeline. Even Naga Sadow's time period. I'm just trying to figure out who he is but that being said I'm sure who he is, is THE BIG SUPRISE OF the old republic mmo. Having read some wookieepedia he really could be someone as of yet unamed.

Lord Lucien
Go buy an Xbox, go find an EB Games, and go buy the first KotOR for like $10.

Now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.