Forces

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Rank 'em, from potentially* most powerful, down.

Power Cosmic
Power Primordial
Odinforce
Speedforce
Astroforce
Magic

* This way maybe we can avoid the "depends on the user" factor.

JakeTheBank
What exactly is the Power Primordial?

Colossus-Big C
odin force is magic first.
but any way magic is the most powerful here

JakeTheBank
The Odin Force is magical/cosmic/divine energy all at once.

Mindship
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What exactly is the Power Primordial?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elders_of_the_Universe

(scroll down)

Anyway, after Odinforce and magic, how do the rest stack up?

Desaad
"Potentially" I'd put the Power Cosmic and the Astro Force at the top. Power Cosmic because it's supposedly the power to manipulate the lifeblood of the universe and Astro Force because it's an extension of the Source itself, its wrath made manifest.

rotiart
power cosmic/ magic in a three way tie for first.
Each let's you do pretty much anything and are types of power limited only by the being utilizing it. You can alter reality... Travel through time... Etc on universal scale. Or even multiversal scale. I chose these two as tied for highest based upon showings by people who have wielded the power. Eternity galactus infinity for power cosmic... Lord order and master chaos and dormammu for magic...

power primordial is next as tenbrous and aegis are examples of that power.

Odin force is next for it's ability to do anything the others can do but on a smaller scale... Odin force is skyfather level because it is the most Odin could do..

Speed force I list last because It has the smallest range of powers...

Astroforce I don't know enough about in comparison to the others
so I didn't place it

Q99
Then there's the Power Essential from MC2... which is a modified Power Cosmic.

Colossus-Big C
The Odin Force is magical/cosmic/divine energy all at once. what exactly is divine power? imo its magic

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
power cosmic/ magic in a three way tie for first.
Each let's you do pretty much anything and are types of power limited only by the being utilizing it. You can alter reality... Travel through time... Etc on universal scale. Or even multiversal scale. I chose these two as tied for highest based upon showings by people who have wielded the power. Eternity galactus infinity for power cosmic... Lord order and master chaos and dormammu for magic...

power primordial is next as tenbrous and aegis are examples of that power.

Odin force is next for it's ability to do anything the others can do but on a smaller scale... Odin force is skyfather level because it is the most Odin could do..

Speed force I list last because It has the smallest range of powers...

Astroforce I don't know enough about in comparison to the others
so I didn't place it power cosmic is only galactus and heralds. Eternity and infinity and other abstracts is "cosmic power"
power cosmic=/=cosmic power
its also stated the galactus is the source of power cosmic anyways

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
what exactly is divine power? imo its magic

Divine is godly power. Essentially, it is close to magic, often being the same thing, but is also described as something beyond it at times as well.

Colossus-Big C
Divine is godly power. Essentially, it is close to magic, often being the same thing, but is also described as something beyond it at times as well. so toaa would be divine power?

Q99
TOAA and other beyond-eternity forces tend to be described as more cosmic, though at that level they can do any power they want.

Divine power is Odin, Zeus, Gaia, and those lot. Ancient and powerful being above normal magic.

TheTyrant
Power Cosmic- Most powerful along with magic
Power Primordial- Second most powerful
Odinforce- Lease powerful
Speedforce- Fourth most powerful
Astroforce- IDK
Magic- Most powerful along with the Power Cosmic

rotiart
Where was it said that galactus is the only higher up person to use the "power cosmic"

Colossus-Big C
Where was it said that galactus is the only higher up person to use the "power cosmic" one of his comics, it said he is also the source of power cosmic. iirc, galactusishere might know if im correct

rotiart
I own just aabout all ff4 silver surfer and galactus appearances prior to 2000. Name the issue or don't go spouting off stuff you heard third hand from someone

rotiart
or hecK name the approximate storyline and I'll go find it

TheTyrant
It was stated in one issue where Galactus was reverted back to Galan. It was FF 500-ish. Don't exactly remember. Maybe GISH or Mr M can help out?

Colossus-Big C
I own just aabout all ff4 silver surfer and galactus appearances prior to 2000. Name the issue or don't go spouting off stuff you heard third hand from someone i read it but i forgot what issue

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindship
Rank 'em, from potentially* most powerful, down.

Power Cosmic
Power Primordial
Odinforce
Speedforce
Astroforce
Magic

* This way maybe we can avoid the "depends on the user" factor.

i think you need to look at each in its highest incarnation.

PC=galactus though it has been alluded to stemming indirectly from eternity

PP=wielded by the elders, nowhere near the top, though the actual difference between it and the PC is ill-defined at best

OF=odin, therefore too ltd (though perhaps not at one time in the golden era . . .)

SF=flash. again, too ltd. i wonder if someone like the glimmer would have been able to use it more effectively. seems to fit the bill of universal constant in DCU, but can't be said to override some of these others based on showings

AF=orion. and beyond being named 'wrath of the source' next to nothing is known about its actual origin. coudl have been passed down from the old gods. usually viewed as the antithesis of the omega force. if it IS linked directly to the source at some point, it's place on the hierarchy would likely change. for now, given its feats, it cannot be said to match the highest levels of the others, unless i've missed something lately.

MAGIC=all the great powers have been shown to use magic at times--LT, eternity, etc . . . at its highest levels, magic has probably been shown to be the most consistently potent force.

i'd throw the ANTI-LIFE EQUATION into this mix as well, and would say it would do pretty well . . .

xmarksthespot
Pshaw. Magic is just science that's yet to be explained. disgust

Science wins. doped

Colossus-Big C
phuck science

leonidas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Pshaw. Magic is just science that's yet to be explained. disgust

Science wins. doped

i've missed you.

Mindship
Originally posted by leonidas
i think you need to look at each in its highest incarnation.

PC=galactus though it has been alluded to stemming indirectly from eternity

PP=wielded by the elders, nowhere near the top, though the actual difference between it and the PC is ill-defined at best

OF=odin, therefore too ltd (though perhaps not at one time in the golden era . . .)

SF=flash. again, too ltd. i wonder if someone like the glimmer would have been able to use it more effectively. seems to fit the bill of universal constant in DCU, but can't be said to override some of these others based on showings

AF=orion. and beyond being named 'wrath of the source' next to nothing is known about its actual origin. coudl have been passed down from the old gods. usually viewed as the antithesis of the omega force. if it IS linked directly to the source at some point, it's place on the hierarchy would likely change. for now, given its feats, it cannot be said to match the highest levels of the others, unless i've missed something lately.

MAGIC=all the great powers have been shown to use magic at times--LT, eternity, etc . . . at its highest levels, magic has probably been shown to be the most consistently potent force.

i'd throw the ANTI-LIFE EQUATION into this mix as well, and would say it would do pretty well . . . An insightful analysis, as always. wink

Desaad
Even at the level wielded by Orion, the Astro Force has matched and contained universe-destroying energies.

galactusischere
Originally posted by TheTyrant
It was stated in one issue where Galactus was reverted back to Galan. It was FF 500-ish. Don't exactly remember. Maybe GISH or Mr M can help out?

FF #520 to #523.

I don't remember it being stated that Galactus is the source of Power Cosmic in those issues though(but I think that is the case).

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by leonidas
i've missed you. Mmmmmm. Bromance.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
phuck science Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Mmmmmm. Bromance. laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud
to both.

leonidas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Mmmmmm. Bromance.

naughty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.