Punisher vs Fabletown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Since Punisher taking on worlds still seems in vogue.

Punisher has twenty years focused solely on preparing to kill, conquer and/or subjugate the denizens of Fabletown, both The Woodlands and The Farm.

The citizens of Fabletown learn that they're going to be attacked one fortnight beforehand, receiving basic intel on the threat.

Neither side can take any action directly against the other during their preparations.

Both sides must rely on their own resources and resourcefulness. No stealing Stark or Richards technology etc. For standard munitions, everything must be built, bought or stolen. Beyond standard munitions, everything must be built.

Other standard forum rules apply. Characters are still in character, with the exception that Fabletown will ignore the possibility of Mundy discovery for the purposes of the thread.

If you think he can manage this then he also needs to subdue Fabletown's allies as well:
Fabletown East
The Cloud Kingdom
The Kingdom of Haven

Martian_mind
Fabletown stomps.

So hard it's funny.

Survivor19
Cinderella soloes

xmarksthespot
No one else has been reading Fables? sad

Bah. Humbug.

Original Smurph
Hmm... 20 years is so much time, but I don't see Punisher building anything under his own power that would have the stuff to take down Fabletown.

If Fabletown is ignoring the possibility of mundy discovery, as stipulated, Totenkinder can probably take this on her own.

xmarksthespot
Hmm, I probably should have worded that stipulation better - I meant it more that if absolutely necessary, Fabletown will let their true nature be known to the Mundies. But they'd cross that bridge only if and when they absolutely need to. But they won't out-and-out "out" themselves.

(Also it should be assumed this is Fabletown before the Dark Ages arc, ergo the Woodlands is still fully functioning - lets say right before Operation Jack Ketch has swung into motion.)

Original Smurph
Frank has two major problems, as I see it:

1) Magic. Since Frank is limited to his own magic-less resources, I don't see him being able to limit any of their magical avenues of attack, defense, communication, etc. Hell, even finding Fabletown will be difficult as hell, given the spells set up to mislead him, and the same goes for the farm. There are magical users and items that I don't see him being able to deal with- what's he going to do to the Witching Cloak, which was regularly used by pre-Jack Ketch fabletown? How is he going to deal with characters like Totenkinder, who is outright magical, or Ghost, who's very nature makes him an impossible target?

2) Fables' physiology/immortality. Fabletown is littered with characters that could one-shot Frank, and many of them are extremely hard to put down, since they can't really die. Bigby is a great example, and he shouldn't even register near the top of the list.

Like I said though, 20 years is a looooong time....

Martian_mind
The fortnight of prep makes it a cakewalk for the Fables.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The fortnight of prep makes it a cakewalk for the Fables. What about no prep for Fabletown, but they're in the state they are just prior to Operation Jack Ketch? (without the threat of the Adversary looming of course)?

It's not like Fabletown could take the MU.... shifty

Martian_mind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What about no prep for Fabletown, but they're in the state they are just prior to Operation Jack Ketch? (without the threat of the Adversary looming of course)?

It's not like Fabletown could take the MU.... shifty

No prep, Fabletown still takes it, but it's far more interesting.

I'm up to argue that point. Fabletown could take down the ME.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Frank has two major problems, as I see it:

1) Magic. Since Frank is limited to his own magic-less resources, I don't see him being able to limit any of their magical avenues of attack, defense, communication, etc. Hell, even finding Fabletown will be difficult as hell, given the spells set up to mislead him, and the same goes for the farm. There are magical users and items that I don't see him being able to deal with- what's he going to do to the Witching Cloak, which was regularly used by pre-Jack Ketch fabletown? How is he going to deal with characters like Totenkinder, who is outright magical, or Ghost, who's very nature makes him an impossible target?

2) Fables' physiology/immortality. Fabletown is littered with characters that could one-shot Frank, and many of them are extremely hard to put down, since they can't really die. Bigby is a great example, and he shouldn't even register near the top of the list.

Like I said though, 20 years is a looooong time.... The Woodlands seems to lack as much misdirection magic, since two journalists have managed to detect the strange goings on. But the Farm does tend to keep out the mundies.

They do have a crap load of powerful magic though, the Witching Cloak, Vorpal Sword, the Magic Mirror, Totenkinder and the 13th Floor.

Hmm... Bigby and Ghost (being a zephyr) do have exploitable weaknesses (silver/fire and fire, respectively). But I agree the strength the Fables draw from their... fables, does make killing the popular ones difficult, Cindy can flip cars and Snow can take a bullet to the brain and recover (over time).

(More people should read this series.)

srankmissingnin
Well... the stipulations of the fight aren't in Frank's favour. Relying purely on his own resources Frank doesn't bring much to the table (relatively speaking), all his "heavy guns" are things that he has pilfered from various weapon caches, which is not allowed here as per OP. With the gear Punisher has right now, I don't see him engineering anything that would give him the win.... but if Frank had his normal modus operandi he would just jack what he needed from Reed or Stark.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Well... the stipulations of the fight aren't in Frank's favour. Relying purely on his own resources Frank doesn't bring much to the table (relatively speaking), all his "heavy guns" are things that he has pilfered from various weapon caches, which is not allowed here as per OP. With the gear Punisher has right now, I don't see him engineering anything that would give him the win.... but if Frank had his normal modus operandi he would just jack what he needed from Reed or Stark. Standard munitions can be bought or stolen. By standard munitions I mean any sort of normal civilian or military weaponry, including vehicles, be they conventional, chemical or biological, of limited or mass destruction.

However, it should be noted the Woodlands is located in the middle of New York city.

Otherwise it may as well be Tony Stark or Reed Richards vs Fabletown.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Otherwise it may as well be Tony Stark or Reed Richards vs Fabletown.

Well... it's Punisher's implementation and execution of the gear that makes him formidable and separates him from Stark and Richards but I see your point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.