Nightcrawler VS Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Nightcrawler vs Beast H2h

no teleporting

who wins ?

KingD19
In the older days, NC would've won, he showed enormous striking strength, and his speed was crazy.

Nowadays, he's still faster than Beast, more agile, etc... I just don't think he has the raw power to really hurt Hank though.

SuperiorTech
How strong exactly is Nightcrawler?

Lord_Talron
not anymore than peak human?

KingD19
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
How strong exactly is Nightcrawler?

He's peak human now, or a little above it.

In the earlier years, he hurt Spidey with his blows, beat down a sentinel with a piece of iron, dropped a 20ft tall Rock Troll, etc... So he was easily into the superhuman class, although it was only striking strength.

psycho gundam
beast is a peer of his in terms of agility and speed, beast's punching power however is exclusive to him in this fight. 2 punches max

not to mention the claws, healing factor, and durability, it's a stomp for beast.

chomperx9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
beast is a peer of his in terms of agility and speed, beast's punching power however is exclusive to him in this fight. 2 punches max

not to mention the claws, healing factor, and durability, it's a stomp for beast. but nightcrawler is a little bit more agile and quicker than beast. kurt has better acrobatic fighting skills than hank.

psycho gundam
they have the same exact skills if you throw out the teleportation.

old school hairless beast has tons of acrobatic feats (due to the story being more focused on him since he was the resident strong man and there were fewer x-men), currently he's better all around plus more powers/lethality.

a hand spring/backflip routine by nightcrawler would get overshadowed by beast's due to his strength advantage

chomperx9

old school hairless beast has tons of acrobatic feats (due to the story being more focused on him since he was the resident strong man and there were fewer x-men), currently he's better all around plus more powers/lethality.

a hand spring/backflip routine by nightcrawler would get overshadowed by beast's due to his strength advantage speed advantage>> strength advantage

Konton
Originally posted by chomperx9
speed advantage>> strength advantage

Yeah, Mystique vs Colossus is a total stomp for Raven.

lol

Anyway, having a speed advantage doesn't mean much when it's only so marginal.

KingD19
Nightcrawlers speed actually is noticably greater than Beasts. NC casually dodges machine gun fire, from close range...behind him.

the ninjak
speed advantage>> strength advantage

This aint Streetfighter. I reckon Hank takes this solely because Kurt ain't going for kill moves. Just knockdown.

chomperx9
Originally posted by the ninjak
This aint Streetfighter. I reckon Hank takes this solely because Kurt ain't going for kill moves. Just knockdown. your right strengh advantage >>> speed advantage

blob>>> flash right ?

psycho gundam
your right strengh advantage >>> speed advantage

blob>>> flash right ? cause nightcrawler is faster than beast in the exact same way that flash is faster than blob right?

i really can't see nightcrawler wining one fight without it resulting in him being near unconsciousness let alone winning easily without his trump card. on the other hand beast might very well beat the blue velvet off of nightcrawler every time without a welt to show for it.

the ninjak
your right strengh advantage >>> speed advantage

blob>>> flash right ?

My point was that such a simplicity doesn't count in comics you have to gauge the characters themselves.

Hank Wins.

Batroc
Is Nightcrawler really faster than Beast?

Also, I would have thought Beast was at least as agile as Kurt.

Batroc

a hand spring/backflip routine by nightcrawler would get overshadowed by beast's due to his strength advantage

That's a good explanation of all those great agility feats from the Original X-Men days. Back then he seemed as agile as Spiderman, and he's supposed to have become more more powerful with each mutation.
He's also one of the 8 cleverest men on Earth.
I'd say Nightcrawler and Beast are more or less the same in speed and agility, with Kurt being maybe slightly faster, but not to any meaningful extent, and Beast being slightly more agile.
Kurt seems a better fighter, but Beast is so much stronger, plus has his claws, hyper senses and super genius intellect.
Beast wins.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Batroc
Is Nightcrawler really faster than Beast?

Also, I would have thought Beast was at least as agile as Kurt. they have the same acrobatic skills but nightcrawler is slightly faster

Lord Feron
IMO Agility and speed is a touch better than Beasts.
Beasts definitely wins in the strength department as well as durability.

Similar abilities without teleportation. It's jus that Beast is the stronger and more durable one (don't really think people are going to argue this) and NC's agility and speed advantage is not enough to compensate.

geniously
who said beast is stronger? the bio? i see no feats to support it, NC got the better speed and agility feats, the better fighting feats and even the better strength feats then beast so what are beast feats to even suggest he is stronger then night crawler? or even in his class at fighting?

Q99
It's not surprising Nightcrawler is faster- even with a lot more muscle, Beast is like four times his size. He needs to do a lot more to break even. NC's pretty flexible too.

geniously
nightcrawler presented better fighting, speed,agility, strength feats then beast so there is no base to the suggestion that beast can outclass him in something aside the fact beast got claws and healing factor but other then that he is outclassed by NC

Batroc
Originally posted by geniously
who said beast is stronger? the bio? i see no feats to support it, NC got the better speed and agility feats, the better fighting feats and even the better strength feats then beast so what are beast feats to even suggest he is stronger then night crawler? or even in his class at fighting?

The Beast's strength feats are there. Human Beast was a little stronger than Kraven The Hunter, somewhere around 2 - 3 tons.
Blue & Furry Beast around 5 tons, maybe more.
Now he's around 10 tons.
There are some feats in his respect thread, and other good strength feats were shown in his mini series in the mid-late 90's.

Nightcrawler started out with super strength, but then was written through most of his career as being regular human. Not sure what level he is now, but people are saying peak human, which I hope is the case. Nightcrawler SHOULD be at least peak human - it makes more sense somehow.

Original Smurph
What has Beast done, ever, to put him past 3 tons? What has Beast done to put him anywhere near 10 tons?

The "feats" are a myth, they don't exist.

geniously
The Beast's strength feats are there. Human Beast was a little stronger than Kraven The Hunter, somewhere around 2 - 3 tons.
Blue & Furry Beast around 5 tons, maybe more.
Now he's around 10 tons.
There are some feats in his respect thread, and other good strength feats were shown in his mini series in the mid-late 90's.

Nightcrawler started out with super strength, but then was written through most of his career as being regular human. Not sure what level he is now, but people are saying peak human, which I hope is the case. Nightcrawler SHOULD be at least peak human - it makes more sense somehow.

i will ask again what are beasts strength feats? beast was able to beat kraven in a fight but no one said he was physically stronger, spider-man beats rhino no one said he is stronger

and you are saying beast is class 10? based on what feats exactly? you know what? you said he was class 5 before? you know what prove he is at least class 5 i want some feats proving he is even a super human because wolverine and captain america got better strength feats then beast

KingD19
The handbooks said he's Class 10 since his secondary cat mutation, but he hasn't shown much besides ripping apart a Danger construct.

Mindset
Beast isn't almost as strong as Spiderman.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
Beast isn't almost as strong as Spiderman.

I never said he was. I said that's what the Hand Books say.

geniously
Originally posted by KingD19
The handbooks said he's Class 10 since his secondary cat mutation, but he hasn't shown much besides ripping apart a Danger construct.

thats the thing he only got handbooks stating this and that but where are the feats? he was chained to a brick wall by dark beast and couldnt do crap until sabretooth rescued him in x factor by breaking the wall and chains and sabretooth back then was barrely a super human, as i said before wolverine and captain america got better strength feats then beast

Wild Shadow
b/c he was beaten and tortured into exhaustion.. duh.

geniously
in the first place after dark beast knock him out with a metal pipe to the head beast weaks up in his prison chained to the wall if he had any super human strength he could easily break those chains but he couldnt he couldnt even tear them out of the wall something wolverine, captain america and even black panther were able to do so by feats beast weaker then a peak human

Batroc
i will ask again what are beasts strength feats? beast was able to beat kraven in a fight but no one said he was physically stronger, spider-man beats rhino no one said he is stronger

and you are saying beast is class 10? based on what feats exactly? you know what? you said he was class 5 before? you know what prove he is at least class 5 i want some feats proving he is even a super human because wolverine and captain america got better strength feats then beast

Well, I could show you, but it will mean some scanning and getting them onto an image hosting account. I may do it, but it won't be soon.
I can understand your skepticism, as the feats are few and far between, and spread over 50 years of comics, but there are panels which show the Beast lifting and throwing cars.

Mindset
I never said he was. I said that's what the Hand Books say. I never said you did.

I said Beast isn't almost as strong as Spiderman.

geniously
Well, I could show you, but it will mean some scanning and getting them onto an image hosting account. I may do it, but it won't be soon.
I can understand your skepticism, as the feats are few and far between, and spread over 50 years of comics, but there are panels which show the Beast lifting and throwing cars.

if you show me scans of beast throwing cars i will change my entire opinion and say thank you because i am one of those people who really want to believe he is the man but just cant, and i hope you are not talking about his first feats when he just became the grey beast and just got his fure because in his first apearences as the fury beast he was intended to be a brick in hulks and juggernauts levels but very soon marvel reduced his strength so i hope you mean a later feats of him

KingD19
something wolverine, captain america and even black panther were able to do so by feats beast weaker then a peak human

Cap is billed as Peak Human, but he's obviously higher.

Same deal with Panther

Logan is superhuman.

geniously
Cap is billed as Peak Human, but he's obviously higher.

Same deal with Panther

Logan is superhuman.

cap and black panther are peak humans

and logan is a very very low super human i would say he is at best a 2 ton in strength and people here are stating that beast is at least class 5 right? so how wolverine who is at max a class 2 can be stronger then beast? or does it mean beast isnt a super human after all?

Mindset
I remember Beast lifting up part of a stone column in Genosha after it was attacked.

I think it was a couple tons iirc.

Lord Feron
Can't rememer when but Beast fought Cacptain America when Beast was crazy or brainwashed or something. Cap kept on commenting on how freaking strong beast was. So I hope that helps somebody.

KingD19
cap and black panther are peak humans

and logan is a very very low super human i would say he is at best a 2 ton in strength and people here are stating that beast is at least class 5 right? so how wolverine who is at max a class 2 can be stronger then beast? or does it mean beast isnt a super human after all?

Trust me....it says they're peak human, but just look at their feats man, you don't see other Peak Humans pulling stuff like that off.

And while he's usually low, he has some rather impressive showings, like punching out Roughouse.

geniously
Trust me....it says they're peak human, but just look at their feats man, you don't see other Peak Humans pulling stuff like that off.

And while he's usually low, he has some rather impressive showings, like punching out Roughouse.

wolverine punching roughhouse not only due to his strength but most of all thanks to his adamantium skeleton+ martial art training which gain him a better strike force and more precise , you are saying yourself that wolverine is a low very low super human so how is it ok for him to have better feats then beast who is suppose to be higher?

actually captain america and black panther never did something which puts them in the super human states, lets think about that for a second whats a peak human? you have all kind of weight lifters today who lift cars you have "the strongest man" contests where people are pulling trucks and trains with there bare hands so what is a peak human? you have people today who can break steel doors out of the wall with kicks who are very trained mixed martial artists like bas rutten so are all those people are peak humans? best captain america or black panther did is breaking all kind of chains which can be done by actual people, bending metal? people in the giness book of records are able to do it hell you got a guy who was able to rip a whole book with his hands

you see actually you are downgrading the mean "human strength" because there are humans who can do crazy crap and captain america and black panther are suppose to be the peak those human can ever reach so they dont have too crazy feats if you look at that properly

Batroc
if you show me scans of beast throwing cars i will change my entire opinion and say thank you because i am one of those people who really want to believe he is the man but just cant, and i hope you are not talking about his first feats when he just became the grey beast and just got his fure because in his first apearences as the fury beast he was intended to be a brick in hulks and juggernauts levels but very soon marvel reduced his strength so i hope you mean a later feats of him

Not a car throwing feat, but a car lifting feat :

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=X-Men_-_Spider-Man_001_009.jpg

More scans to come (but I have to do some work now).

geniously
thats a cool feat man but you know what i never undestood? why are all his strength feats were and are performed when he is in human form? why cant we ever see the ape or cat beast doing something like that? it seems when he was human marvel gave him some atribute but when he gains his fure its like he doesnt have any strength feats at all

geniously
anyway batroc please post more scans i really want to eat my own words and to believe he is actually as strong as the handbooks are trying to present him

Batroc
anyway batroc please post more scans i really want to eat my own words and to believe he is actually as strong as the handbooks are trying to present him

One from blue & furry gorilla beast :

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=TheBeast3-21.jpg

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=TheBeast3-22.jpg

Nb, this isn't from his brief X-Factor upgrade in the mid-80's, it's from around 97/98.

Now I really have to do some work!

geniously
thanks man you are the best, post some more when you have the time and i think someone should add those into beasts respect thread seing how he only got 1 and a half pages

psycho gundam
thats a cool feat man but you know what i never undestood? why are all his strength feats were and are performed when he is in human form? why cant we ever see the ape or cat beast doing something like that? it seems when he was human marvel gave him some atribute but when he gains his fure its like he doesnt have any strength feats at all cus like...colossus/rogue were there

geniously
cus like...colossus/rogue were there

well beast while in his ape or cat form had many fights where they could give him some strength atributes like at least ripping off some street signs or pipes and hit his oponnent with it you know something like that but they just never gave him that chance cant understand why

Batroc
thanks man you are the best, post some more when you have the time and i think someone should add those into beasts respect thread seing how he only got 1 and a half pages
Beast bending what appears to be some kind of metal panel/wall.

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=Defenders106-18.jpg

Batroc
Originally posted by Original Smurph
What has Beast done, ever, to put him past 3 tons? What has Beast done to put him anywhere near 10 tons?

The "feats" are a myth, they don't exist.

Beast throwing a car :

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=10.jpg

Beast pushing some dude into the ground :

http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=11.jpg

psycho gundam
http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/BatrocBeast/Beast/?action=view&current=10.jpg lol at the first panel, the perspective makes it seem like iceman's dick is that mace thing.

Æll
Beast, with his superior strenght and sharp claws, would be too much for Nightcrawler, even if he is a little faster. Beast would need to place one attack (and Nightcrawler got no Spider-Sense or Captain America skills) in order to shake Nightcrawler, and then follow up with more brutal attacks. A win for Nightcrawler is not impossible, just not very likely, IMO.

The Pict

not to mention the claws, healing factor, and durability, it's a stomp for beast.

thumb up

pea55
Beast has also picked up a space ship its posted in the Beast vs wolverine thread... What happened to all the beast haters sayin all that crap about him being weak????? Sock account? Maybe you shouldn't argue if you don't know what you're sayin is true LMAO!

pea55
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums.../-page1116-.jpg
here's one where Beast picks up a tree and breaks another tree swinging the tree he picked up @ juggernaut.....

Robin Dc
beast wins

Sin I AM
lol, only because kurt is neutered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.