Star Wars Legacy to end at #50

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr McBeefington
Kinda gay. You either go all the way or you don't do it at all. Now they have to rush the last 4 issues.

http://eucantinablogs.net/nathanpbutler/2010/04/12/star-wars-legacy-to-end-with-issue-50/

Q99
sad

It doesn't feel like it's at an ending point, I'd like to see it go on for awhile.

I hope they at least go out epic, and/or have a sequel series or relaunch.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Q99
sad

It doesn't feel like it's at an ending point, I'd like to see it go on for awhile.

I hope they at least go out epic, and/or have a sequel series or relaunch.

If they were going to end at 50, they REALLY shouldn't have killed off Krayt and put Wyyrlok in charge. That actually extends the storyline. I think as a standalone, the comic is wonderful. I think it sucks in the realm of SW continuity.

BruceSkywalker
i have read this...

i really have no idea what dark horse is thinking, i mean first its just 50 issues of KOTOR, now 50 issues of Legacy..

doesn't dark horse have any money to make 100 plus issues???

is their a need to buy/read knight's errand since that will end at 50 issues as well prolly

REXXXX
Legacy was never my favorite of the comics, but seriously? What the **** are they thinking?

Q99
Dark Horse has talked a bit more, and it sounds like they *had* to quit for some reason (perhaps something from the SW rights holders? Lucasfilms can say "You can or can't use this era" whenever they want if they want to put a project there). The writer was not aiming for an issue 50 finish.

Nephthys
Well thats sure gonna make for an interesting few issues. I bet the writers exstatic.

edit: And yet again I show my lackluster spelling skills without spellcheck. And I was in top set for english too.... sad

Galan007
Keep in mind that very few Dark Horse titles last more than 50 issues - and tbh, I figured this series would ultimately end at 50 as well (mainly because that was the stopping point for KOTOR.) At any rate, I've looked closer into this sudden change of plan, and it seems like it may just be a rebranding of sorts. I'm thinking they'll create a new title which still pertains to the 'Legacy era', with perhaps a time jump to take some of the focus away from Cade (or possibly to even paint a different picture of him.) Regardless, this series has been too good of a proverbial 'cash cow' for Dark Horse to simply let fizzle. Mark my words, we haven't seen the last of this era "Star Wars: Legacy of the Sith", here we come!

stick out tongue

Aside from all of that, this whole thing is being very poorly handled. It will only serve to cause bad feelings between Dark Horse and Lucasfilm (which will only screw over the fans/readers, in the end.)

mattatom
An obvious point here, more people are likely to buy an issue No.1 rather than a 51, that and they can charge more if they start a new series.

Q99
I hope it is just a Legacy relaunch with a new #1.

john allerdyce
*spoiler*(kinda): http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/669/starwarslegacy48024.jpg

anyone care to enlighten me on what the hell is going on with kryat?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by john allerdyce
*spoiler*(kinda): http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/669/starwarslegacy48024.jpg

anyone care to enlighten me on what the hell is going on with kryat?

Where did you get that? That's ridiculously awesome. Krayt apparently learned how to combat his Vong disease.

Lord Lucien
That is one frightening drawing. Seriously, it's scary.

They better have a sequel series planned. 4 issues left, they can't possibly wrap it all up.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

They better have a sequel series planned. 4 issues left, they can't possibly wrap it all up.

I would be royally pissed if it ended like that because that's AMAZING. Krayt learned something or he faked his death and then learned the technique within the Korriban tombs. My question is, where did you get this image and can you possibly get the comic?

Elok Quintly
Hah, good riddance.

Galan007
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Where did you get that? That's ridiculously awesome. Krayt apparently learned how to combat his Vong disease. It's from the latest issue of Star Wars: Legacy (#48.)

As for John's question, Krayt has evidently found a way to negate the effects of the Yorik-Kul. And my best guess as to why he looks so creepy is because he's finally worn out his existing body and will soon use secrets obtained from the tombs to begin his 'rebirth'..?

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

They better have a sequel series planned. 4 issues left, they can't possibly wrap it all up. If Legacy is due to end at #50, then there are only 2 issues left. Stuff 20 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, much?

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
It's from the latest issue of Star Wars: Legacy (#48.)

As for John's question, Krayt has evidently found a way to negate the effects of the Yorik-Kul.

I think he may have learned enough from when Muur briefly helped him to continue the process on his own.

Something I noticed when I flipped back to Vector: Right before Krayt went to fight Muur the time it lead to his 'death,' he said, "It's time for an ending." I think he totally had this planned.

mattatom
It's from the latest issue of Star Wars: Legacy (#48.)

As for John's question, Krayt has evidently found a way to negate the effects of the Yorik-Kul. And my best guess as to why he looks so creepy is because he's finally worn out his existing body and will soon use secrets obtained from the tombs to begin his 'rebirth'..?

If Legacy is due to end at #50, then there are only 2 issues left. Stuff 20 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, much? There's another series after.

Galan007
^ To which we do not yet know the particulars behind...

Q99
We can only hope it's a relaunch.

mattatom
Originally posted by Q99
We can only hope it's a relaunch. They wouldn't waste such a good era or plot line, they definately will.

Hewhoknowsall
How far chronologically after the OT will SW go? I wonder. And how will they end it (if they ever do; well, they probably will eventually)?

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
How far chronologically after the OT will SW go? I wonder. And how will they end it (if they ever do; well, they probably will eventually)? Overpowered superweapon of some kind or the Force strikes back some how.

Q99
They still have a ton of time before SW which they're likely to mine more heavily, but eventually they might go quite a ways into the future.

Galan007
Anyone read the latest issue of Legacy (#49)? If it is really set to end after the next issue, then they've got quite a few loose ends to tie up.. ermm

Dr McBeefington
I hope they title it something else because there is a shitload of material that has no end in site in Legacy.

Galan007
^ Exactly, it doesn't even seem like they are trying to wrap things up... Shit, they only randomly mentioned Krayt like one time during the entire issue.

srsly

ares834
I'm fairly certain they will extend it. Yeah, it won't be called Legacy any more but it will be about the same plot. Hopefully the reason for the name change is because Cade dies.

Dr McBeefington
There is no way cade is dying.

ares834
I know. But I can dream. wink

Galan007
Yeah, I don't see Cade dying (as nice as it would be) but I do hope that if Dark Horse continues the same general story under a different title, that some of the focus is taken away from Cade... He hasn't been interesting for a very long time now.

BruceSkywalker
Anyone read the latest issue of Legacy (#49)? If it is really set to end after the next issue, then they've got quite a few loose ends to tie up.. ermm

i have, pretty good..

Q99
They seem to have made the bio-engineer the final boss of this run of Legacy.

REXXXX
Indeed.

So far, no announcement of a comic series to follow this one. "Knight Errant" is the new coming series, but it is set during the New Sith Wars, before the coming of Bane.

BruceSkywalker
Legacy: War comes out in december...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/star-wars-celebration-v-dark-horse-100812.html

Q99
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Legacy: War comes out in december...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/star-wars-celebration-v-dark-horse-100812.html

Woo and Boo! I'm glad there's more Legacy but I'm disappointed that it seems to be the end of the Legacy line after it.

With 6 more issues they can probably wrap it up and give a proper finish at least, though I think it could've handled more. I'm going to make a random shot-in-the-dark prediction that Darth Krayt is going to do something badass.

Hm, something "absolutely unexpected" planned after.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Q99
Woo and Boo! I'm glad there's more Legacy but I'm disappointed that it seems to be the end of the Legacy line after it.

With 6 more issues they can probably wrap it up and give a proper finish at least, though I think it could've handled more. I'm going to make a random shot-in-the-dark prediction that Darth Krayt is going to do something badass.

Hm, something "absolutely unexpected" planned after.

I agree

Dr McBeefington
They'll rush to end this like they did with kotor.

ares834

Q99
Well that random shot-in-the-dark guess of mine was confirmed fast smile

"Krayt vs Empire, Alliance, Jedi and Sith. Poor them!"

Bets on where various Sith will fall? Talon seems a sure loyalist, Wyyrlock seems like he'll have to oppose just because of what he did.

Dr McBeefington
Its a shame they didn't even explain how krayt became reborn. Seems like they wanted to kill him off then decided to keep him on last minute.

Q99
Its a shame they didn't even explain how krayt became reborn. Seems like they wanted to kill him off then decided to keep him on last minute.

There's probably some explanation- like remember how he said he understood how the Muur talisman was healing him before?

BruceSkywalker

ares834
Some one on TFN got it early here are his spoilers.

We start on Korriban, with Antares breaking Marasiah out of the torture chambers. She thinks he's a traitor because Eshkar Niin is alive, and Antares is surprised to find out about his survival as a Sith Lord. Meanwhile, in a hilariouus scene on Utapau, Deliah and Jariah try to work a deal with Stazi. I have to post the dialogue:
Deliah: Well, Admiral, we ARE closer, but I don't think we're where we need to be just yet.
Stazi: Any closer, Mistress Blue, and you'll be in my lap. Or is that your nest negotiating position?
Anyway, one of Stazi's guards tries to kill him. Deliah throws the Admiral on the floor and Jariah takes out the assassin. Ona is suspicious about how Jariah reacted so fast (Did I mention Deliah and Stazi have such chemistry?)
Meanwhile, Sazen and Cade break into Isen's lab. Cade pursues Isen while Sazen duels Azard. On Korriban, Antares fights off a horde of Sith so that Marasiah can get away with Ganner and Shado. After defeating them all, he stands alone against Havok. Interesting point, here: Havok killed Marasiah's mother.
Talon and Nihl are also dueling, but are interrupted with a cloaked Krayt. He leads them into a secret chamber where he has been creating an army of ultra-loyal Sith troopers. He has one kill himself to prove this point. He also has new Annihilator fighters. Krayt reaches across the galaxy to let all Sith know that he lives. They all rejoice...except Wyyrlok and his daughter.
Aaannd...Havok kills Antares.
Shado: A good man has fallen.
Cade feels Krayt return and Isen gets all braggy and Bond-villainy. Azard is killed by Sazen while he is momentarily distracted by Krayt's return.
Sazen is so badass.
Sazen: Never let yourself be distracted during battle, Azard. It's fatal.
Isen jumps into the sinkhole to release his plague. Cade leaps after him and dispatches him Darth-Maul style. Cade catches the vial and has a vision as he hits the water. Him facing Krayt again...and dying. He is okay with this, and sets off to see it through.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by ares834
Some one on TFN got it early here are his spoilers.

We start on Korriban, with Antares breaking Marasiah out of the torture chambers. She thinks he's a traitor because Eshkar Niin is alive, and Antares is surprised to find out about his survival as a Sith Lord. Meanwhile, in a hilariouus scene on Utapau, Deliah and Jariah try to work a deal with Stazi. I have to post the dialogue:
Deliah: Well, Admiral, we ARE closer, but I don't think we're where we need to be just yet.
Stazi: Any closer, Mistress Blue, and you'll be in my lap. Or is that your nest negotiating position?
Anyway, one of Stazi's guards tries to kill him. Deliah throws the Admiral on the floor and Jariah takes out the assassin. Ona is suspicious about how Jariah reacted so fast (Did I mention Deliah and Stazi have such chemistry?)
Meanwhile, Sazen and Cade break into Isen's lab. Cade pursues Isen while Sazen duels Azard. On Korriban, Antares fights off a horde of Sith so that Marasiah can get away with Ganner and Shado. After defeating them all, he stands alone against Havok. Interesting point, here: Havok killed Marasiah's mother.
Talon and Nihl are also dueling, but are interrupted with a cloaked Krayt. He leads them into a secret chamber where he has been creating an army of ultra-loyal Sith troopers. He has one kill himself to prove this point. He also has new Annihilator fighters. Krayt reaches across the galaxy to let all Sith know that he lives. They all rejoice...except Wyyrlok and his daughter.
Aaannd...Havok kills Antares.
Shado: A good man has fallen.
Cade feels Krayt return and Isen gets all braggy and Bond-villainy. Azard is killed by Sazen while he is momentarily distracted by Krayt's return.
Sazen is so badass.
Sazen: Never let yourself be distracted during battle, Azard. It's fatal.
Isen jumps into the sinkhole to release his plague. Cade leaps after him and dispatches him Darth-Maul style. Cade catches the vial and has a vision as he hits the water. Him facing Krayt again...and dying. He is okay with this, and sets off to see it through. damn

DarthLazious
Very cool.

Q99
Hey, it strikes me that's a fairly good force-feat; make his presence known throughout the galaxy to everyone who can feel the dark side. Have we seen anyone do that before?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Q99
Hey, it strikes me that's a fairly good force-feat; make his presence known throughout the galaxy to everyone who can feel the dark side. Have we seen anyone do that before?

I believe both Palpatine and Luke could do that. I hope they explain many of these newfound feats and not just give them to Krayt magically. That didn't work for Jacen Solo and it would be stupid to do it this way yet again.

ares834
Yeah didn't Luke do something similar in DN?

Galan007
Good issue. I was very impressed with Krayt's whole demeanor and portrayal (though I'd still like to know the particulars behind his resurrection.)

...Thoroughly awaiting Legacy: War.

Q99
I believe both Palpatine and Luke could do that. I hope they explain many of these newfound feats and not just give them to Krayt magically. That didn't work for Jacen Solo and it would be stupid to do it this way yet again.

He no longer has to spend so much of his effort resisting the Vong growth so his available force strength should've just gone up (though his physical muscle likely went down some).

Also? He's been studying the darkside for almost a century and uses all kinds of sith texts. I doubt we saw near all of his powers before.

Galan007
Legacy War #6 (final issue): Really didn't expect Krayt to die so soon... Especially in such a cheap way. srsly

As a whole the mini/spinoff was still quite good, though.

Dr McBeefington
Definitely good ending but it seemed really rushed. I expected Cade to defeat Krayt by force but he did it by surprise because he was no match for him. I wonder what they're going to do about the sith that survived? The way Nihl described it, they would hide in the shadows and bide their time, sort of like Bane's sith did.

Galan007
Yeah, there will definitely be a Sith resurgence, but it will take quite a while before it comes into fruition. Nihl's 'plan' is to have the Sith infiltrate, and subsequently take over, every planet's government one by one... That will take a good deal of time, me thinks. Also, there's no way Krayt is going to stay dead just because his body was incinerated - he did mention that he knew how to transfer his essence to other vessels, after all.

At any rate, I agree with your analysis: the end was extremely rushed. Krayt treated Cade as though he was absolutely nothing (goes to show that he had become much more powerful upon his resurrection, and was not just boasting.) Then Cade just.... Cheap-shots him, ftw? Pretty weak, but w/e.

ares834
K'kruk is not only still alive... But now he is leading the galaxy... God dammit.

Gambler
Damn it! I was hoping the Sith would be wiped out for ****ing ever... How come they are still around? Why can't they just be butchered by the Jedi, Empire, Alliance and everyone else ffs?

ares834
Eh, I'm actually kinda glad they survived. Knowing the EU the Sith would be resserected a couple decades after Legacy anyway. I think its simply better that the Sith survived rather than be recreated again and again and again.

Gambler
Eh, I'm actually kinda glad they survived. Knowing the EU the Sith would be resserected a couple decades after Legacy anyway. I think its simply better that the Sith survived rather than be recreated again and again and again.

OR they could have been wiped forever. Enough is enough. The Sith can't get along without proper leadership. So my only hope is that they will start fighting each other, the Jedi will help to end their misery and eventually only handful will remain to stir small scale trouble from time to time. Seriously there are any other ways beside Sith to create conflicts in SW universe. There can be a century without Sith. Although Darth Nihl's plan is quite troubling for the Universe. I say the jedi will find out and this time it will be the Jedi slowly purging and hunting for the Sith.

ares834
Sith are one of the two biggest parts of SW, along with Jedi. I agree that it is time to move on to new vilians, but lets be honest that's never going to happen.

BruceSkywalker
i did not like how krayt died.. i was expecting at least 5 maybe 6 or more pages of back and forth lightsaber and force action

still i did like the 6 issue series

Black bolt z
Wait legacy: war only goes to #6?

Q99
Put me in the 'glad with the state of the Sith' camp. There's still a lot to do with this lot.

BruceSkywalker- Ditto, they obviously were working on a page limit. Still, between He now has Cade's life/death abilities, technically 'killed' Cade, *immortality*, and his badass plan with the Toxin, which totally would've worked were it not for Draco, I think he still comes off as very impressive smile

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wait legacy: war only goes to #6?

Yep, it's complete.

And, IMO, pretty awesome smile

I definitely want to see more stuff in this era! Like several years down the road and such.

ares834
Also kinda pissed that they killed Roan Fel. That guy was hands down the coolest character in the comics.

Dr McBeefington
Also kinda pissed that they killed Roan Fel. That guy was hands down the coolest character in the comics. Yet he was no different from Krayt.

Gambler
Yet he was no different from Krayt.

Actually he was. The war made him mad. There was always darkness in him before he was fragged, but not in the Sith way. After all, he was the ruler of a certain Imperial government, which was dark in its own way. Krayt was simply evil beyond redemption.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Gambler
Actually he was. The war made him mad. There was always darkness in him before he was fragged, but not in the Sith way. After all, he was the ruler of a certain Imperial government, which was dark in its own way. Krayt was simply evil beyond redemption.

Not really. Both wanted to bring order to the galaxy, both thought they were the only ones who could do it, both would do anything to achieve peace through their will.

Q99
Roan Fel felt that measures such as the one he was planning to use were only to be used to fight a greater evil, though. That is a key difference.

Dr McBeefington
They both thought the ends justified the means.

Q99
To a point, but Roan wouldn't consider using the toxin even if he was losing badly to the likes of Stazi.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Q99
To a point, but Roan wouldn't consider using the toxin even if he was losing badly to the likes of Stazi. He was willing to risk all the citizens of Coruscant.

Lucius
There was a certain level of hilarity to seeing Fel turn into a raving lunatic, even though it was an utterly fvcking stupid end to a good character.

Gambler
Originally posted by Lucius
There was a certain level of hilarity to seeing Fel turn into a raving lunatic, even though it was an utterly fvcking stupid end to a good character.

We still have his past. Although Legacy has changed the Galaxy. It will never be the same again, just like after Vong war. And reading about his past, prior to The One Sith, would never create the same atmosphere if he was there after the downfall of Krayt. He was an interesting character.

Q99
Fel was being manipulated by Hogrum, and he did have a point in that Krayt had faked his death before.

Btw, Hogrum- Sith infiltrator trying to lead Roan into darkness, or did he just try and play the other side with his info leaks while remaining loyal and really believe that using the toxin was the best idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.