Maxima vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
who wins?

Omega Vision
Wonder Woman. Telepathy immunity and superior stats FTW.

Prep-Man
She's not TK immune, though and the stats aren't far off.

Konton
Maxima for a high majority.

Warlord
Maxima

BattleMage
Maxima And i made this thread before!!

Lord Feron
Originally posted by BattleMage
Maxima And i made this thread before!!

confused

Warlord
Maxima and he made this thread before...obviously Maxima and he are a couple... lucky bastard

cdtm
Using Superman as the litmus test, Wonder Womans peak showings are > Maximas's peaks by a wide margin.

Against Superman being influenced by the Eradicator (Which was basically a bloodlusted Supes, as Eradicator removed his ethical constraints), she got taken out by a single backhand, while Wonder Woman managed to hold her own against bloodlusted Supes in an Infinite Crisis tie in.\, demonstrating enough skill to make up for the disadvantage in stats.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Maxima for a high majority.
Because of TK?

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Because of TK?

Considering the kinds of attacks her bracelets can block, I'd bet Maxima's TK is one of them.

And besides, while her TK is powerful, as far as I've seen she doesn't have enhanced speed on the level of Wonder Woman..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
Considering the kinds of attacks her bracelets can block, I'd bet Maxima's TK is one of them.

And besides, while her TK is powerful, as far as I've seen she doesn't have enhanced speed on the level of Wonder Woman..
Isn't the rule on KMC that if you've fought Superman in h/h on roughly even footing you thus have superhuman speed? stick out tongue

That and Booster's "he's faster than the Flash!" quote are what are usually used to project superspeed onto Doomsday.

cdtm
Isn't the rule on KMC that if you've fought Superman in h/h on roughly even footing you thus have superhuman speed? stick out tongue

That and Booster's "he's faster than the Flash!" quote are what are usually used to project superspeed onto Doomsday.

That covers a lot of ground, though.. Lots of characters with no actual super speed manage to fight Superman, for plot reasons..

Be that as it may, if Maxima has WW's level of super speed, I'd still give it to WW. Maxima's can knock Supes around, but she never really struck me as a skilled combatant, and there's too many examples proving WW's skills (Managing to adapt to Flash's attacks while blind is one example. Even if you think Flash was holding back in the speed, it's still impressive..)

Q99
Hm, I think Wonder Woman's overall the more dangerous of the two and would win in melee, but TK is a pretty good way to avoid that area.

BattleMage
In the first battle with Doomsday in Adventures of Superman #498, Maxima is the only one in that incarnation of the Justice League that was able to actually hurt and withstand blows from Doomsday, besides Superman. smile

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BattleMage
In the first battle with Doomsday in Adventures of Superman #498, Maxima is the only one in that incarnation of the Justice League that was able to actually hurt and withstand blows from Doomsday, besides Superman. smile
I don't think Wonder Woman was there for that fight though.

Konton
Diana isn't busting through Maxima's shields. That's the problem.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Diana isn't busting through Maxima's shields. That's the problem.
Why not? Haven't they been breached by other Top Tiers?

batdude123
Diana wins, but Maxima is nothing to scoff at. She'll put up a good fight.

Q99
I don't think Wonder Woman was there for that fight though.

Yea, the top people there were Maxima, J'onn (as Bloodwynd, and knocked into a fire almost immediately), and Guy (ring ran out *oddly* fast).

The next strongest after that was Booster Gold.

When Diana finally did run into DD, she did well considering the foe.

batdude123
Not to mention, Maxima was in a coma after that gas station explosion.

vin

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, the top people there were Maxima, J'onn (as Bloodwynd, and knocked into a fire almost immediately), and Guy (ring ran out *oddly* fast).

The next strongest after that was Booster Gold.

When Diana finally did run into DD, she did well considering the foe.

Not the real DD though. Some kind of artificial construct of DD.

But yeah, she did well since they were pretty accurate recreations.

Prep-Man
And Diana got knocked out by a pothole.

Arabus
Question. Neverminding whether Maxima can mindscrew Diana or not for the moment, what happens if Maxima teleports Diana into a black hole or something?

Q99
Originally posted by Arabus
Question. Neverminding whether Maxima can mindscrew Diana or not for the moment, what happens if Maxima teleports Diana into a black hole or something?

Does Maxima even have teleportation?

If she does I've never seen her use it in battle, but I can't remember her ever porting on her own.

Lord_Talron
diana

Arabus
Originally posted by Q99
Does Maxima even have teleportation?

If she does I've never seen her use it in battle, but I can't remember her ever porting on her own.

Oh for sure. She definitely teleported during Panic In The Sky! I'd link to a picture if I could, but my post count isn't high enough yet.

BattleMage
Maxima

Q99
Originally posted by Arabus
Oh for sure. She definitely teleported during Panic In The Sky! I'd link to a picture if I could, but my post count isn't high enough yet.

Still, has she ever teleported others? With or against their will? If so, what was required? What's her 'port range? Etc..

Arabus
Originally posted by Q99
Still, has she ever teleported others? With or against their will? If so, what was required? What's her 'port range? Etc..

Yeah, she teleported Sazu back to Earth from a prison on a distant planet for one in JLA No 66. Also, she teleported herself, Sazu, and one of her mind-slaves from the Daily Planet to Mayor Berkowitz office.

comicfan11
Maxima for a majority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.