Grayven vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Who takes a majority and why?

Desaad
Sentry, handily.

Grayven is mid top tier at best.

Omega Vision
Jobber vs Jobber. Interesting. Sentry takes it. Grayven's one purpose for existing was to play a Darkseid-Lite that Mid and Top Tier heroes could fight and defeat. He's probably the one character in that range that Sentry would never job to.

Prep-Man
Grayven is a joke.

Last appearance gained a little respect, but not much/

guy222
sentry

Mindset
Originally posted by Desaad
Sentry, handily.

Grayven is mid top tier at best. He was able take on Donna and Ion(Kyle).

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
He was able take on Donna and Ion(Kyle).

Kyle literally took a phone call in the middle of that fight.

I think his tearing through the Darkstars is a better example. A lot of his performance against IonII Rayner was messing with his head and distractions.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Kyle literally took a phone call in the middle of that fight.

I think his tearing through the Darkstars is a better example. A lot of his performance against IonII Rayner was messing with his head and distractions.

A lot of his performance was him easily ripping through Kyle's constructs and blasting him.

And that phone call had Grayven choking Kyle out until Donna saved him.

I would upload scans, but I think this virus on my comp is phucking with imageshack erm

Q99
He does do that, but Kyle doesn't actually seem to be taking him very seriously at first (he does after all bother to pick up the call in the first place).

A lot of Ion-Kyle's fights go: "Enemy breaks some constructs, then Kyle takes them remotely seriously and the fight just ends."

Omega Vision
A lot of his performance was him easily ripping through Kyle's constructs and blasting him.

And that phone call had Grayven choking Kyle out until Donna saved him.

I would upload scans, but I think this virus on my comp is phucking with imageshack erm
So you give him the win due to association with Kyle? mhmm

Galan007
Meh, once Kyle actually got serious he owned Grayven as though he were a minor inconvenience.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, once Kyle actually got serious he owned Grayven as though he were a minor inconvenience.
Yeah and Grayven succumbed to Joker Venom in Last Laugh (Granted so did people like Circe). Pitiful.

Its no wonder Darkseid is such a dick when the only one of his three sons that's not a total loser is fated to kill him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
He does do that, but Kyle doesn't actually seem to be taking him very seriously at first (he does after all bother to pick up the call in the first place).

A lot of Ion-Kyle's fights go: "Enemy breaks some constructs, then Kyle takes them remotely seriously and the fight just ends." Kyle was taking him serious from the moment he thought Grayven had something to do with his mother, I'm not sure why you keep trying to downplay the fight.

Yea, he took the 'call' because he mother was dying, do you really expect him to ignore it? It's not like he did so because he was beating Grayven so easily beforehand, or at all.

A lot of his fights went like that, really? Nero was breaking his constructs because he was using a portion of the Ion power himself, then he was beating 'Flash' and 'Atom' easily until he got suckerpunched with a hand through his chest. No one he fought put up more of a fight than Grayven, and Grayven was just toying with him the entire time.Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, once Kyle actually got serious he owned Grayven as though he were a minor inconvenience. He was serious the whole time, Grayven was the one toying with him. Which was pretty much Gravyen's downfall since he was just smiling up until the point he realized Kyle was about to mindrape him.

Anyway, all this shows above mid top tier level power, which was the point.

Q99
Kyle was taking him serious from the moment he thought Grayven had something to do with his mother, I'm not sure why you keep trying to downplay the fight.

Yea, he took the 'call' because he mother was dying, do you really expect him to ignore it? It's not like he did so because he was beating Grayven so easily beforehand, or at all.

He didn't know she was until he answered.

He was fighting pretty casually, Grayven said something about his mother, he *blew up a moon*, then there was a phone call, "Hold on Grayv, one moment..." pretty much turned his back on Grayven, which the son of Darksied of course took advantage of, Donna showed up, then Kyle grabbed his head and broke him mind. And it strike me as something he could've done that at any time if he wanted to.

Even with his reasons, holding a side conversation in mid-fight was really really sloppy.

Not that this is anything really against Grayven, but Kyle-Ion was an insanely powerful, but very sloppy beast in a fight.

Well, take a look at the start of Sinestro Corps war- a simple yellow ring punches through several of them before he grabs it properly.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
He didn't know she was until he answered.

He was fighting pretty casually, Grayven said something about his mother, he *blew up a moon*, then there was a phone call, "Hold on Grayv, one moment..." pretty much turned his back on Grayven, which the son of Darksied of course took advantage of, Donna showed up, then Kyle grabbed his head and broke him mind. And it strike me as something he could've done that at any time if he wanted to.

Even with his reasons, holding a side conversation in mid-fight was really really sloppy.

Not that this is anything really against Grayven, but Kyle-Ion was an insanely powerful, but very sloppy beast in a fight.

Well, take a look at the start of Sinestro Corps war- a simple yellow ring punches through several of them before he grabs it properly. Uh, yea, he knew she was, seeing as she was dying 2 issues before he even fought Grayven.

Right, Kyle was the one fighting casually. Except he was the one blowing up asteroids because he was pissed thinking Grayven had something to do with his mom dying, that makes sense.

Yea, if Grayven didn't fight back and let Kyle attack him I'm sure it could have happened the whole time. Just like if Kyle didn't fight back and let Grayven choke him he could have died...

Grayven smiling and not defending himself while Kyle prepared to attack him is pretty sloppy too.

Sorry, but Kyle's constructs when trying to catch a ring =/= Kyle's constructs when he's actually fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.