Grifter & Midnighter V.S. Deadpool & Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
1. Random Encounter in a Zoo
2. 1hr prep - Fight in Museum

Everyone gets standard Equipment.

Lord_Talron
team1 cant kill team 2. other than that, i think they are somewhat superior tho...

Johnny Sorrow
Team 1 stomp.

Mindset
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Team 1 stomp. Nah

Prep-Man
Team 1.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Mindset
Nah

Pretty much. Midnighter could dismantle them by himself, and he has a Gen-active gunslinger with psychic powers to back him up.

Mindset
Pretty much. Midnighter could dismantle them by himself, and he has a Gen-active gunslinger with psychic powers to back him up. Lol at MNer taking this by himself.

Deadpool is immune to telepathy and Wolverine is highly resistant.

Anyway, Team 1 may win, but they aren't stomping.

Lord Feron
Serious Questions, How would T1 KO or kill T2 FTW? Just shooting them up? or beating them in H2H?

KingD19
Midnighter solos with the use of his doors.

Johnny Sorrow
Lol at MNer taking this by himself.

Deadpool is immune to telepathy and Wolverine is highly resistant.

Anyway, Team 1 may win, but they aren't stomping.

He's taken on worse than Team 2 by himself. Beating teams of superhumans with his fists is his specialty, and it's not like Deadpool or Wolverine will be a serious threat to him. He can read them like books and avoid their attacks easily.

Grifter has TK.

Konton
Midnighter gets some.

Prep-Man
Grifter is a beast!

srankmissingnin
Team Two for a land slide victory in any random encounter... in fact both Wolverine and Deadpool would have favorable odds on their own in that situation.

Wolverine and Deadpool would more than likely take a 1 hr prep battle as well but I'm going to give it to Grifter and Midghter purely on style, because Grifter's idea of prep is teleporting a nuke into his enemies base... and thats awesome.

celeyhyga17
Midnighter rapes both Deadpool and Wolvie.. Literally!! o.O

the ninjak
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I believe if Midnighter was on his own even his precog couldn't catch up with these two slahers especially Deadpools incredible speed on a random encounter.

2- Prep T2 will put T1 down.

1- Random encounter Midnighter would avoid being wounded and Grifter would TK the faster Deadpool while Midnighter keeps Wolvey busy...sooner or later Grifter will send something into T2's brains.

Johnny Sorrow
Anyway, Team 1 in both scenarios. They have access to way better stuff for prep.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

laughing out loud I don't think they have a choice.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the ninjak
I believe if Midnighter was on his own even his precog couldn't catch up with these two slahers especially Deadpools incredible speed on a random encounter.

prep T2 will put T1 down.

Random encounter Midnighter would avoid being wounded and Grifter would TK the faster Deadpool while Midnighter keeps Wolvey busy...sooner or later Grifter will send something into T2's brains.

Yeah... um... Grifter's powers aren't nearly as powerful or reliable, as you think they are.

KingD19

His precog would own them, he was running a couple hundred million scenarios at once. He runs a million for a single person, and he was fighting a couple hundred aliens, he had a scenario for all of them.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
His precog would own them, he was running a couple hundred million scenarios at once. He runs a million for a single person, and he was fighting a couple hundred aliens, he had a scenario for all of them.

You would think with Deadpools insane speed with the aid of Logan that scernarios wouldn't matter in the end. It would be like looking at scernarios to jump through 10 fans to pick up a coin on the other side you're still gonna get cut even if you're aware of how to do it. Such a cheap power!

Prep-Man
Midnighter has insane speed for a meta his class.

KingD19
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Exactly, he was fast enough to kick a tank shell out of the air, at another tank.

He even took down a high level super guy who was trying to kill a child.

He also took down a guy with a high level of speed who was so fast that nobody else on the team could touch him.

He was also fast enough to take down Apollo.

srankmissingnin

Both Wolverine and Deadpool (and Grifter for that matter), have better speed feats than Midnighter.

Prep-Man
Like what?

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Both Wolverine and Deadpool (and Grifter for that matter), have better speed feats than Midnighter.

No, they don't. And Deadpool is nothing Midnighter couldn't handle in his sleep.

KingD19

Wolverine has some nice speed feats, but nothing Midnighter can't replicate and surpass.

OneDumbG0
Both Wolverine and Deadpool (and Grifter for that matter), have better speed feats than Midnighter. Yes. Wolverine has karate chopped a fired tank shell back into a tank with his bare hand once. And Deadpool mushroom-slapped a fired tank shell back with his lil Deadpool once too. Clearly better speed feats.

kinda

srankmissingnin
Like what?

Like legitimate quantifiable speed feats? Unlike Midnighter who's claim to fame is blitzing a nobody canon fodder that never demonstrated anything other than flight speed.

Mighter isn't faster than Wolverine or Deadpool. Simple truth. Midnighter said he can run 2 kilometes in in 3 minutes. Whether or not he can keep that pace up for any considerable amount of time would just be a guessing game, but it hardly matters since bother Wolverine and Deadpool have easily topped that. Hell, Wolverine can run at comparable speed while carrying a large 6-7 foot tall adult male to the hospital. He has kept pace with wolves, boars, horses and even a flying Arch Angel, on foot. Deadpool himself managed to keep pace with a motorcycle briefly on foot once. That's just movement, speed, combat speed is even more in Wolverine and Deadpool's favor.

the ninjak
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yes. Wolverine has karate chopped a fired tank shell back into a tank with his bare hand once. And Deadpool mushroom-slapped a fired tank shell back with his lil Deadpool once too. Clearly better speed feats.

kinda

I don't see why Deadpool or Wolvey would attempt such a feat?

Deadpool would just dodge it then appear on top of the tank and plug the shooter.

Dodges a sniper shot. And before those chicks realise what happened Wade is right infront of them.
http://s52.radikal.ru/i137/0905/e3/a8798995c377.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/80/5f9c60c16198.jpg

Thanks to samZED! Wade heard a bullet release from a sniper rifle and gauged where it came from and jumped up a building and over his assassins .......just like that!

Prep-Man
Like legitimate quantifiable speed feats? Unlike Midnighter who's claim to fame is blitzing a nobody canon fodder that never demonstrated anything other than flight speed.

Mighter isn't faster than Wolverine or Deadpool. Simple truth. Midnighter said he can run 2 kilometes in in 3 minutes. Whether or not he can keep that pace up for any considerable amount of time would just be a guessing game, but it hardly matters since bother Wolverine and Deadpool have easily topped that. Hell, Wolverine can run at comparable speed while carrying a large 6-7 foot tall adult male to the hospital. He has kept pace with wolves, boars, horses and even a flying Arch Angel, on foot. Deadpool himself managed to keep pace with a motorcycle briefly on foot once. That's just movement, speed, combat speed is even more in Wolverine and Deadpool's favor.

I never said MN was faster than either of the 2, just that he's fast for someone in his class.

OneDumbG0
I don't see why Deadpool or Wolvey would attempt such a feat?

Deadpool would just dodge it then appear on top of the tank and plug the shooter.

Dodges a sniper shot. And before those chicks realise what happened Wade is right infront of them.
http://s52.radikal.ru/i137/0905/e3/a8798995c377.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/80/5f9c60c16198.jpg Deadpool possibly dodging a shot before it's fired means Wolverine and Deadpool are karate-chopping a fired tank shell back into a tank? lulz

the ninjak
Deadpool possibly dodging a shot before it's fired means Wolverine and Deadpool are karate-chopping a fired tank shell back into a tank? lulz
Read what I wrote dude!

WHY WOULD WADE ATTEMPT IT WITH THEIR ABILITIES?
WADE WOULD JUST AVOID AND APEAR ON TOP OF THE TANK!

And your downplay of what I wrote is just wierd.
Wade heard a bullet release from a sniper rifle and gauged where it came from and jumped up a building and over his assassins .......just like that!

Digi
I'm a bit surprised at all the love Mner's getting here. He's the most skilled combatant here because of his calculative ability. By a fair margin, even. But he's not leagues above the other team, and their durability and healing advantage is troublesome to team Wildstorm.

Team 2 for the slight majority. The healing duo can and has been KO'd, so there's wins to be had for team 1, they're just hard to come by.

I dislike the tank shell feat being thrown around as his best feat though. Same with the Apollo fight. It may very well be his best, but his true power lies in being able to pick the correct strategy in every fight...it's something that doesn't translate well to the page all the time, but it's why he's truly dangerous, not just another skilled low meta.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Team 1 for the slight majority.

OneDumbG0
Read what I wrote dude!

WHY WOULD WADE ATTEMPT IT WITH THEIR ABILITIES?
WADE WOULD JUST AVOID AND APEAR ON TOP OF THE TANK!

And your downplay of what I wrote is just wierd. Wade having no reason to attempt karate chopping a fired tank shell back into a tank =/= Wade having the speed/reflexes required to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank.

kinda

Mindset
He's taken on worse than Team 2 by himself. Beating teams of superhumans with his fists is his specialty, and it's not like Deadpool or Wolverine will be a serious threat to him. He can read them like books and avoid their attacks easily.

Grifter has TK. I'm well aware of what everyone is capable of.

Both DP and Wolverine have fought superhumans above the level MN has. No, he can not read them like books, especially a fighter like Deadpool. You're overrating MN. erm

Grifter's tk isn't strong enough to make much of a difference in this fight.

OneDumbG0
^ Midnighter is neither Mister X, nor Taskmaster. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Midnighter can't read either opponent here.

the ninjak
Wade having no reason to attempt karate chopping a fired tank shell back into a tank =/= Wade having the speed/reflexes required to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank.

kinda

LOL just because you have the ability to easily dodge a tank shell appear on top of the tank and kill the guy inside, doesn't mean that Wade would attempt to relocate said shell while in mid air and guide it towards another tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnighter did it because of his precog.....why would Wade trouble himself?

srankmissingnin
^ Midnighter is neither Mister X, nor Taskmaster. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Midnighter can't read either opponent here.

Well, he doesn't read opponents he runs simulations on his head. He can run all the simulations he'd like, with Deadpool in play he won't have run nearly enough. All the simulations he runs are going to end with Wolverine winning anyway.

Mindset
^ Midnighter is neither Mister X, nor Taskmaster. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Midnighter can't read either opponent here. He predicts scenarios, has he ever calculated scenarios against someone that is just as likely to kick you in the face as he is to blow up half his body to hurt you?

OneDumbG0
He predicts scenarios, has he ever calculated scenarios against someone that is just as likely to kick you in the face as he is to blow up half his body to hurt you? Fine, let's be cute. Deadpool might give him fits. Midnighter would run through a million scenarios in his head and have to deal with a million different jokes. Fine, let's be cute. When you're done being cute, you can read Cap beating the crap out of Wade among the other times where he's gotten his butt kicked. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Well, he doesn't read opponents he runs simulations on his head. He can run all the simulations he'd like, with Deadpool in play he won't have run nearly enough. All the simulations he runs are going to end with Wolverine winning anyway. Wolverine wouldn't give him fits. Don't kid yourself. Deadpool's antics thwarting Midnighter =/= Wolverine's skill thwarting Midnighter. Originally posted by the ninjak
LOL just because you have the ability to easily dodge a tank shell appear on top of the tank and kill the guy inside, doesn't mean that Wade would attempt to relocate said shell while in mid air and guide it towards another tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnighter did it because of his precog.....why would Wade trouble himself? So essentially Wade not wanting to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank = Wade having the reflexes/speed necessary to karate cop a fired tank shell back into a tank.

All the precog in the world isn't going to allow your foot the ability to kick a fired tank shell back into a tank. Mantis might possibly do it. But trying to detract from her speed and strength is as stupid as trying to detract from Midnighter's. Drop the pretense.

srankmissingnin
He predicts scenarios, has he ever calculated scenarios against someone that is just as likely to kick you in the face as he is to blow up half his body to hurt you?

Exactly.

And Danger does the same thing as Midnighter, only she had years of data on Wolverine's tactics to use as a basis in compiling of her battle scenarios, and yet he still managed to beat her (and Ord at the same time), in their second throw down.

Mindset
Fine, let's be cute. Are you suggesting we wear matching dresses?

srankmissingnin
All the precog in the world isn't going to allow your foot the ability to kick a fired tank shell back into a tank. Mantis might possibly do it. But trying to detract from her speed and strength is as stupid as trying to detract from Midnighter's. Drop the pretense.

Except Midnighter has never, before or since, displayed anywhere near the strength or speed he would have been show casing in that feat. Which makes it pretty likely that it is more timing in conjunction with his "precog," than it was pure speed feat.

OneDumbG0
Exactly.

And Danger does the same thing as Midnighter, only she had years of data on Wolverine's tactics to use as a basis in compiling of her battle scenarios, and yet he still managed to beat her (and Ord at the same time), in their second throw down. Danger's simulations which are based off of recorded Danger Room sessions which half the time stomp Wolverine cold =/= Midnighter's battle CPU which isn't based on past recorded data of training sessions.

Please. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Except Midnighter has never, before or since, displayed either the strength or speed he would have been show casing in that feat. Which makes it pretty likely that it is more timing in conjunction with his "precog," than it was pure speed feat. Yes, he has. You ignoring them doesn't mean they don't exist. Unilaterally dismissing everything he does doesn't diminish the significance of the feat. Neither does it diminish similar feats by Mantis even if you want to somehow chalk it up to pure precog. Mantis would kick the crap out of these two also.

the ninjak
So essentially Wade not wanting to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank = Wade having the reflexes/speed necessary to karate cop a fired tank shell back into a tank.

What are you talking about!!!!

These guys wrote that Midnighter has punched a shell into another direction using his precog.....I responded that Wade although faster than Midnighter doesn't have the unique ability to punch a tank shell another direction but instead would evade the shell appear on top of the tank and kill the pilot.

Do you comprehend! I never witnessed the feat myself smile

Prep-Man

These guys wrote that Midnighter has punched a shell into another direction using his precog.....I responded that Wade although faster than Midnighter doesn't have the unique ability to punch a tank shell another direction but instead would evade the shell appear on top of the tank and kill the pilot.

Do you comprehend!

What are you talking about?

OneDumbG0

Do you comprehend! What are YOU talking about? crackers

Deadpool choosing not to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank =/= Deadpool being able to karate chop a fired tank shell back into a tank =/= Deadpool being as fast or faster than Midnighter.

At. All.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Exactly, he was fast enough to kick a tank shell out of the air, at another tank.

This sad

Cmon guys Wade can't do that! All I have ever written is that instead he would jump on the tank and kill the guy. And yes he is faster. Just that he can't do that.....because it is stupid.

srankmissingnin
Danger's simulations which are based off of recorded Danger Room sessions which half the time stomp Wolverine cold =/= Midnighter's battle CPU which isn't based on past recorded data of training sessions.

Please.

Yeah, Danger has pre-existing data already to which to run her simulations, Midnighter doesn't. Which means Danger is going to get 100% useful scenarios based on the potential actions of her opponent, Midnighter is going to get a bunch of trash along with the helpful stuff. If you think Dangers simulations aren't better than Midnighers (as far as the X-Men are concerned at least), you are lying to your self.

srankmissingnin
Please. Yes, he has. You ignoring them doesn't mean they don't exist. Unilaterally dismissing everything he does doesn't diminish the significance of the feat. Neither does it diminish similar feats by Mantis even if you want to somehow chalk it up to pure precog. Mantis would kick the crap out of these two also.

Like what? Name them.

Mantis has admitted she can't beat Karnak in a fight, she isn't going to beat Wolverine or Deadpool. Her precog will just give her a heads up to how she is going to lose.

OneDumbG0

Mindset
Why didn't the shell blow up when he kicked it?

Obviously he used magic.

Not a speed feat.

the ninjak
facepalm Here:

What's your point dude? Deadpool doesn't have precog. Midnighter's ability to run scernarios of a moving Tank shell has nothing to do with
Wade's skillset.

I hate how you quote me then reply that I stated the opposite.

Why didn't the shell blow up when he kicked it?

Obviously he used magic.

Not a speed feat.

LOL I know he even kicks it in the opposite direction.......Just Stupid.

OneDumbG0
^ Wade not having Midnighter's simulative precognition =/= Wade being as fast or faster than Midnighter physically. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Like what? Name them.

Mantis has admitted she can't beat Karnak in a fight, she isn't going to beat Wolverine or Deadpool. Her precog will just give her a heads up to how she is going to lose. This dubious fact inquiry coming from the guy who can't even accept a dozen penetrations of Wolverine's brain on-panel? Drop the pretense. You demanding proof of me is as useless as t1ts on a bull. Seriously. Drop the pretense.

Mantis being wrong doesn't stop her from being able to physically outrun shotgun shells. You disbelieving Midnighter kicking a tank shell back into a tank doesn't stop him from using whatever attributes you'd like to pigeon-hole that feat as representing, (e.g., pure pre-cog or strength/durability or skill or just plain reflexes) as just another reason to stomp these two characters.

the ninjak
^ Wade not having Midnighter's simulative precognition =/= Wade being as fast or faster than Midnighter physically.

Your logic is flawed. Just because Midnighter has enhanced speed and precog doesn't mean he is faster than everybody else without precog!

srankmissingnin
Danger's simulations were already flawed from the very beginning which is specifically explicated in her first fight. She extrapolates everything from training sessions. And even she was able to adjust that flawed source data and stomp Wolverine half the time. Midnighter doesn't need to start from source data flawed from its start. Acting like Midnighter's battle cpu doesn't kick the crap out of other supercomputer programs is ludicrous. facepalm Here:

And she re-calibrated the parameters and fixed her scenario simulations, on the fly. Danger doesn't "need" to start from "flawed" data either, she does because the data is already available to her, making her calculations more accurate. Acting like Danger is just another supercomputer is ludicrous. She can do anything Midnighter can do, only better.

OneDumbG0
^ She's a supercomputer that was specifically programmed to train and simulate danger scenarios. All her data is based on training sessions. Acting like her computer processes are interchangeable with Midnighter's when their base information isn't even the same is as ridiculous as suggesting that Sentinels' cpu's are the same as either Danger's or Midnighter's.

And even then, that'd get you as far as Danger stomping Wolverine half the time. This is your winning argument? Really?

srankmissingnin
^ Wade not having Midnighter's simulative precognition =/= Wade being as fast or faster than Midnighter physically. This dubious fact inquiry coming from the guy who can't even accept a dozen penetrations of Wolverine's brain on-panel? Drop the pretense. You demanding proof of me is as useless as t1ts on a bull. Seriously. Drop the pretense.

Mantis being wrong doesn't stop her from being able to physically outrun shotgun shells. You disbelieving Midnighter kicking a tank shell back into a tank doesn't stop him from using whatever attributes you'd like to pigeon-hole that feat as representing, (e.g., pure pre-cog or strength/durability or skill or just plain reflexes) as just another reason to stomp these two characters.

Half a dozen examples, and the illegitimacy of them has all been explained to you many of times.

I don't disbelieve Midnighter can kick a tank shell back at a tank. I just don't think it had anything to do with strength because if it did it would have exploded, or speed, because he has never displayed that level of speed before or sense. It's something in the same vein as an Amadeus Cho calculation feat or something similar.

the ninjak

And even then, that'd get you as far as Danger stomping Wolverine half the time. This is your winning argument? Really?

She was the Danger Room! cept when she was the room she had programming that forced her to never kill her opponents otherwise the programming would shut down. When freed Danger owned the Xmen with flawless execution she knew all their moves and processed scenarios to easily win.
Midnighter has no previous knowledge of his opponents let alone complete databanks like Danger did.

OneDumbG0
Half a dozen examples, and the illegitimacy of them has all been explained to you many of times. Yeah? Explain this next one I happened to come across. Yea. Another one I randomly came across where Wolverine literally claws his own brain on-panel:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/WolverineSkull12-InnerFury1.jpg Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't disbelieve Midnighter can kick a tank shell back at a tank. I just don't think it had anything to do with strength because if it did it would have exploded, or speed, because he has never displayed that level of speed before or sense. It's something in the same vein as an Amadeus Cho calculation feat or something similar. Amadeus Cho isn't drop-kicking a tank shell back into a tank. facepalm

srankmissingnin
^ She's a supercomputer that was specifically programmed to train and simulate danger scenarios. All her data is based on training sessions. Acting like her computer processes are interchangeable with Midnighter's when their base information isn't even the same is as ridiculous as suggesting that Sentinels' cpu's are the same as either Danger's or Midnighter's.

She was created to kill and then caged actually. Her own words I believe. She's a sentient Shi'ar supercomputer computer combined with best earth tech can offer. You'd like to believe that for some reason Midnighter's runs better or more accurate scenarios, but you don't really have anything to base that off. According to Midnighter himself 5 winning scenarios his what he usually ends up with. Thats his average... 5 wins... and he runs a million/billion scenarios a second/minute (that all varies). Thats a lot of loses. I'd say he is coming up with a lot of trash if thats his batting average... especially considering he only fights no name Z List rip offs of established characters. Certainly nothing that gives me the impression that he runs better or more competent calculations than Danger.

Anyway I was just comparing the ability to run simulations not the characters. Danger is a much more powerful and versatile opponent than Midnighter is, and yet Wolverine has still manged beat her in combat.

srankmissingnin
Yeah? Explain this next one I happened to come across. Yea. Another one I randomly came across where Wolverine literally claws his own brain on-panel:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/WolverineSkull12-InnerFury1.jpg Amadeus Cho isn't drop-kicking a tank shell back into a tank. facepalm

Jesus Christ, read the issue, Wolverine was suffering from techno-virus that was moving and altering his Adamantium, he didn't even have Adamantium covering his skull when he did that.

Of course not, Amadeus Cho has more class than that, he'd throw a quarter at the tank shell to redirected it.

OneDumbG0
^ Oh, so even though he had adamantium covering his bones in several areas, claws, spine, shoulder, etc. ... somehow... his skull must have been utterly bereft of adamantium to allow his claws to pass through. Even though that isn't even intimated at all on-panel. AT ALL. Predictable. Shall I update my montage?

Throwing a quarter to redirect a tank shell doesn't demonstrate Cho's physical capacity to headbutt it back at a tank. Please. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
She was created to kill and then caged actually. Her own words I believe. She's a sentient Shi'ar supercomputer computer combined with best earth tech can offer. You'd like to believe that for some reason Midnighter's runs better or more accurate scenarios, but you don't really have anything to base that off. According to Midnighter himself 5 winning scenarios his what he usually ends up with. Thats his average... 5 wins... and he runs a million/billion scenarios a second/minute (that all varies). Thats a lot of loses. I'd say he is coming up with a lot of trash if thats his batting average... especially considering he only fights no name Z List rip offs of established characters. Certainly nothing that gives me the impression that he runs better or more competent calculations than Danger.

Anyway I was just comparing the ability to run simulations not the characters. Danger is a much more powerful and versatile opponent than Midnighter is, and yet Wolverine has still manged beat her in combat. Except for the fact that Midnighter has run better simulations. Him processing 5 in 5 million scenarios isn't a failure of his battle cpu. It's just running through every inevitable scenario. Just because 5 of them lead to clear victory doesn't mean his battle cpu failed 4,999,995 times. He isn't trying to run purely win scenarios. He's running them all and picking out which ones win. Danger runs off a flawed base set data package. That was her very character. Compensating slightly and curbstomping Wolverine half the time means you're winning this argument how? Beast ripped her apart. Beast > Midnighter's battle cpu now?

Danger obviously can't do crap against opponents that she has no massive amounts of raw data to use. Clearly illustrated by Xavier outwitting her because Xavier never fought her. Yes. I've read Astonishing X-Men. And I know you have also.

Don't pretend this isn't a significant flaw of Danger's that pinpoints exactly why I am ridiculing your assertion that Danger's actually superior to Midnighter in this regard.

srankmissingnin
^ Oh, so even though he had adamantium covering his bones in several areas, claws, spine, shoulder, etc. ... somehow... his skull must have been utterly bereft of adamantium to allow his claws to pass through. Even though that isn't even intimated at all on-panel. AT ALL. Predictable. Shall I update my montage?

Throwing a quarter to redirect a tank shell doesn't demonstrate Cho's physical capacity to headbutt it back at a tank. Please. Except for the fact that Midnighter has run better simulations. Him processing 5 in 5 million scenarios isn't a failure of his battle cpu. It's just running through every inevitable scenario. Just because 5 of them lead to clear victory doesn't mean his battle cpu failed 4,999,995 times. He isn't trying to run purely win scenarios. He's running them all and picking out which ones win. Danger runs off a flawed base set data package. That was her very character. Compensating slightly and curbstomping Wolverine half the time means you're winning this argument how? Beast ripped her apart. Beast > Midnighter's battle cpu now?

Danger obviously can't do crap against opponents that she has no massive amounts of raw data to use. Clearly illustrated by Xavier outwitting her because Xavier never fought her. Yes. I've read Astonishing X-Men. And I know you have also.

Don't pretend this isn't a significant flaw of Danger's that pinpoints exactly why I am ridiculing your assertion that Danger's actually superior to Midnighter in this regard.

What did you think those little white ghost's moving black chunks labeled 'A' was supposed to represent? The 'A' stands for Adamantium

Cho doesn't need to head butt a tank shell. Anyway, the means are inconsequential, if Cho wanted to reflect that shell back, he'd do it with super math regardless of his strength or speed. Midnighter has never displayed anything remotely close to the type of strength or speed he would need to kick a tank shell back, which makes it pretty likely that it was a showcase of his battle computer calculations. But hey, maybe it isn't, maybe its just PIS, because its one or the other.

Only he hasn't run better simulations. He runs billions of scenarios, and comes out with 5 possible wins. That is horrible. That is less than a fraction of a percent, and that is just the average amount of wins. Sometimes he comes up short of that average, when he was surrounded by three SAS soldiers with guns trained on him he couldn't come up with single situation where he won. The guys he is fighting 99/100 aren't X-Men caliber or even close for that matter, they are nobody fodder that can't even hang with Swift.

What makes you think he is even going to be able to come up with one possible win scenario for either Wolverine or Deadpool? They are both leagues above the dredge he usually fights that he averages 5 wins for. Even if he comes up with one scenario where he wins, what makes you think he is going to have any luck stringing Deadpool along to fight the way he wants? Does that sound at all likely to you? I mean, sure its fine when you spend your days fighting nobody fodder, who are all eager to dance to whatever tune you play for them, but it is much less likely that either Wolverine or Deadpool will. I mean, the last time Midnighter fought Grifter it was a stalemate, so what? He can't get Grifter to dance to his tune, but he is going to get Wolverine and Deadpool to? Thats pretty absurd. Hawksmoor can melee (I said melee, I'm not talking about his other powers, which obviously would rage stomp Midnighter) with Midnighter, he doesn't have anywhere close to the speed, skill or damage soak Wolverine or Deadpool do... but for some reason Midnighter is going to dance around Wolverine and Deadpool without getting touched? Unlikely.

Danger made a 7% error in her calculations during her first fight with the X-Men which she adjusted and reconfigured on the spot. You are making that into a much larger deal than it ever was. As though her calculations which result in her winning more than not could possibly be more flawed than the calculations of a man who runs billions of scenarios to come up with 5 where he wins? Please.

Danger knows Wolverine inside and out, she knows everything he might do, she's seen it millions of times and like Midnighter she runs countless battle simulations while she is fighting, only hers are anchored to data she has compiled giving her much more precise and reliable results. At least as far as the X-Men are concerned Danger's simulations are much more effective than Midnighter would be, and Wolverine has dealt with Danger's, landed hits and even had the upper hand. He'd do the same to Midnighter.

Professor X had prep, he designed Danger, he rigged the battle field, and he had outside assistance.

the ninjak
I remember that Wolverine trade they were nanos removing and misplacing the Adamantium making it brittle.

LOL at OneDumbGo using that as an example.

Lord_Talron
forgot about deadpool being completely unpredictable, team 2 for the win

Wild Shadow
team 2 ftw in a straight out fight.

also not sure on prep it depends who hits the switch on whose bomb 1st..

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/355/3/0/Deadpool_Wallpaper_by_martegodpopo.jpg

OneDumbG0
What did you think those little white ghost's moving black chunks labeled 'A' was supposed to represent? The 'A' stands for Adamantium

Cho doesn't need to head butt a tank shell. Anyway, the means are inconsequential, if Cho wanted to reflect that shell back, he'd do it with super math regardless of his strength or speed. Midnighter has never displayed anything remotely close to the type of strength or speed he would need to kick a tank shell back, which makes it pretty likely that it was a showcase of his battle computer calculations. But hey, maybe it isn't, maybe its just PIS, because its one or the other.No kidding bits of adamantium were being pushed around. And his spine and claws are still covered in adamantium. You think somebody could have taken a sword across his back and split him in half? Try and not ignore that not only are his spine and claws and shoulder and other bones covered in adamantium, there is no evidence that his skull was completely adamantium-less. Wolverine stabbed himself in the brain. One of two times he stabs HIMSELF. Let alone all the other times he's been shot in the brain. Unless you're going to try to explain that as some regressive episode of nano-poisoning? lulz

Cho not needing to headbutt a tank shell =/= Cho being able to headbutt a shell physically using only precog =/= Midnighter being able to kick a tank shell using only precog. You're not operating from a level of comfort. I'm showing you a scan. It's there. As are the many times I've offered you proof and you unilaterally dismiss it as long as it suggests some deficiency in Wolverine somehow, i.e., he has a vulnerability or somebody has an advantage over him. Please. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Only he hasn't run better simulations. He runs billions of scenarios, and comes out with 5 possible wins. That is horrible. That is less than a fraction of a percent, and that is just the average amount of wins. Sometimes he comes up short of that average, when he was surrounded by three SAS soldiers with guns trained on him he couldn't come up with single situation where he won. The guys he is fighting 99/100 aren't X-Men caliber or even close for that matter, they are nobody fodder that can't even hang with Swift.First of all, show me a single scan where Midnighter is fighting one on one and it's stated that he only has 5 ways out a billion to win. Second of all, 5 ways out of a billion is enough for him to take it 10/10 by using each method twice. You act like he's going to lose 999,999,995 times out of a billion battles. WHY WOULD HE EVER PICK A LOSING TACTIC IF HE CAN MANAGE TO PRODUCE ONE WINNING ONE? Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What makes you think he is even going to be able to come up with one possible win scenario for either Wolverine or Deadpool? They are both leagues above the dredge he usually fights that he averages 5 wins for. Even if he comes up with one scenario where he wins, what makes you think he is going to have any luck stringing Deadpool along to fight the way he wants? Does that sound at all likely to you? I mean, sure its fine when you spend your days fighting nobody fodder, who are all eager to dance to whatever tune you play for them, but it is much less likely that either Wolverine or Deadpool will. I mean, the last time Midnighter fought Grifter it was a stalemate, so what? He can't get Grifter to dance to his tune, but he is going to get Wolverine and Deadpool to? Thats pretty absurd. Hawksmoor can melee (I said melee, I'm not talking about his other powers, which obviously would rage stomp Midnighter) with Midnighter, he doesn't have anywhere close to the speed, skill or damage soak Wolverine or Deadpool do... but for some reason Midnighter is going to dance around Wolverine and Deadpool without getting touched? Unlikely.Yes, because out of a billion possible ways to fight Wolverine, he couldn't simply project a scenario where he upends his bo staff through Wolverine's jaw into his skull. Or spit his bullet-tooth through his eye socket. Or use consistent nerve-strikes and brain trauma to knock him out for 10 seconds. Or just whack Deadpool's head off his body. Apparently, the times when Wolverine and Deadpool lose a fight, that opponent went through a billion scenarios and was lucky to find just one. Yeah... that's exactly what happened ALL those times they lose a fight. Clearly.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Danger made a 7% error in her calculations during her first fight with the X-Men which she adjusted and reconfigured on the spot. You are making that into a much larger deal than it ever was. As though her calculations which result in her winning more than not could possibly be more flawed than the calculations of a man who runs billions of scenarios to come up with 5 where he wins? Please.

Danger knows Wolverine inside and out, she knows everything he might do, she's seen it millions of times and like Midnighter she runs countless battle simulations while she is fighting, only hers are anchored to data she has compiled giving her much more precise and reliable results. At least as far as the X-Men are concerned Danger's simulations are much more effective than Midnighter would be, and Wolverine has dealt with Danger's, landed hits and even had the upper hand. He'd do the same to Midnighter.

Professor X had prep, he designed Danger, he rigged the battle field, and he had outside assistance. 7% error which demonstrated how flawed her base data set was. Midnighter running scenarios and picking the ones we wants isn't the same type of percentages at all. They don't operate the same way anymore than a Sentinel uses his own supercomputer to fight X-Men and always manages to fail. Midnighter when he calculates a single winning scenario and executes it, is operating at 100% optimalization. Him finding 1 out of a billion and then executing it and winning, isn't him running at a .000000001% optimalization. It's 100% at that point. Christ.

Please. Anybody she hasn't fought, she can't calculate for. EXAMPLE: XAVIER. Because she's dependent on compiled data rfom training room sessions which is flawed in the first place. She couldn't even properly calculate with this immense flawed data against the X-Men without adjusting. So she got beat by Wolverine once, zomg! Wolverine must be able to beat supercomputers and easily surpasses Midnighter's battle cpu that doesn't operate at all in the same way! Guess what? She got stomped by Beast too. You think Beast surpasses Midnighter's battle cpu? You think Midnighter couldn't even begin computing scenarios against Xavier the way Danger couldn't? You'd be wrong. Your comparison was farcical. All it was good for was a laugh.

Prep-Man
Midnighter would stomp DP in the ground.

Lord_Talron
and then get blown to bits because he didnt expect deadpool to pull the pins on multiple hand grenades

Wild Shadow
as much as i like to give the win to MN i just cant see him getting passed wilson and his shenanigans in mid battle.. like the grenade example you just mention..

Prep-Man
MN is pretty crafty, though. He'd just use the door, if he gets too frustrated in trying to KO Wade.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
as much as i like to give the win to MN i just cant see him getting passed wilson and his shenanigans in mid battle.. like the grenade example you just mention.. We three just predicted he'd drop live grenades. We don't have supercomputers. Or are we now superior to Midnighter's battle cpu? Please.

Lord_Talron
we three have read deadpool comics and know about deadpools crazy antics... midnighter hasnt read deadpools comics, he doesnt kno what lengths deadpool will go to to get a win

Wild Shadow
yes we are.. we have 4th wall awareness which is basically cosmic awareness in the MU and far above MN's written ability by a writer..

Prep-Man
uhh...

OneDumbG0
Yes. Clearly, Midnighter seeing grenades on Wade's bandolier could never predict that Wade might actually... use the grenades. Clearly.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud

the ninjak
We three just predicted he'd drop live grenades. We don't have supercomputers. Or are we now superior to Midnighter's battle cpu? Please.

You are insane! Since when did Midnighter read a Deadpool comic book.

I'm now pretty certain that you are a bit funny in the head. I have never had to resort to personal bias before, but you are wierd.

Yes. Clearly, Midnighter seeing grenades on Wade's bandolier could never predict that Wade might actually... use the grenades. Clearly.

Yes Midnighter knows Wade has a healing factor!

Wild Shadow
any ways wade has activated his self destruct harness in mid battle and took out the entire gla minus squirrel girl... he has thrown shurikens that were actually explosives.. he has bn hired for stealth subterfuge and has ended up blowing up buildings.. he is a walking accidental explosion if their ever was one and thats not counting the times he purposely plotted to bring and wire buildings for comedic effect or blow himself up or pull pins and purposely toss them or hold on to them..
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WO_21_DCP_0011.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WO_21_DCP_0016.jpg]

whether MN likes it or not every scenario ends with a surprise explosion more often then not.

SamZED
Both Deadpool and Wolverine have taken worse than MN by themselvs, as for beating teams, come one man.
X-men, Fantastic Four, Great Lakes Avengers just to name a few teams Wolverine and Deadpool have fought.
At some point Deadpool held his own against a team of Iron Fist, Captain America, Hercules, Goliath and Falcon and while holding back and using non lethal weapons only. Some of the guys on the team would beat MN 1 on 1.

Fine, let's be cute. Deadpool might give him fits. Midnighter would run through a million scenarios in his head and have to deal with a million different jokes. Fine, let's be cute. When you're done being cute, you can read Cap beating the crap out of Wade among the other times where he's gotten his butt kicked. erm Cap never beat Deadpool, Wade only fought Cap 1 on 1 once, and Steve was a brainwashed zombie at the time so Wade just kicked him in the nuts cause he was in the middle of another fight. Deadpool also fought an alt reality Captain America who was = Steve + enhanced with cyber arm, they were evenly matched. Heck, even IF Deadpool lost (which he didn't) how would that have anything to do with anything here? A>B>C logic? Firelord lost to Spider-man and Venom beat Spider-man so Firelord < Venom? It doesnt work that way.

Yes. Wolverine has karate chopped a fired tank shell back into a tank with his bare hand once. And Deadpool mushroom-slapped a fired tank shell back with his lil Deadpool once too. Clearly better speed feats.

kinda What the f**k? That's not a speed feat at all. Its a strength feat, and Wolverine and Deadpool got plently of those. When it comes to combat speed Deadpool and Wolverine got better feats than MN, that's true. Here's a few examples.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/729/xforce17odororeodcp025.png
http://i069.radikal.ru/0910/67/4cd0355f202d.jpg
When Logan and Deadpool go at full speed humans cant even see them move. And dont get me started on running speed. Deadpool once has chased a speeding plane that was about to take off.

Prep-Man
Everyone has taken someone that they shouldn't. Every hero can take it to someone higher than him. Hulk vs Cap is a good example. stick out tongue

SamZED
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
any ways wade has activated his self destruct harness in mid battle and took out the entire gla minus squirrel girl... he has thrown shurikens that were actually explosives.. he has bn hired for stealth subterfuge and has ended up blowing up buildings.. he is a walking accidental explosion if their ever was one and thats not counting the times he purposely plotted to bring and wire buildings for comedic effect or blow himself up or pull pins and purposely toss them or hold on to them..
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WO_21_DCP_0011.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WO_21_DCP_0016.jpg]

whether MN likes it or not every scenario ends with a surprise explosion more often then not. thumb up

Prep-Man
Good thing MN can BFR DP. No bombs, no problem.

Wild Shadow
i heard MN no longer had his ship and doors.. but either way that is such a weak response...

with doors of course i give them the win.

Prep-Man
That's just the way MN rolls. I would still give MN good odds even if he didn't have the doors.

Johnny Sorrow
Joke thread.

I'm well aware of what everyone is capable of.

Both DP and Wolverine have fought superhumans above the level MN has. No, he can not read them like books, especially a fighter like Deadpool. You're overrating MN. erm

Grifter's tk isn't strong enough to make much of a difference in this fight.

Actually you don't. I've been reading about Midnighter since he was first introduced in Stormwatch volume 2. I know perfectly well who he would win and lose against. Deadpool and Wolverine don't have telepathy, technology advanced enough to disable his enhancements, sheer power, enough speed to hit him faster than he can react, real precog, or better calculations. Deadpool being random doesn't mean jack, because that's not how the battle computer works anyway.

He predicts scenarios, has he ever calculated scenarios against someone that is just as likely to kick you in the face as he is to blow up half his body to hurt you?

Yes, that's the point of running millions of battle simulations constantly throughout a fight. It's allowed him to battle thousands of opponents at once. He doesn't predict scenarios.

Like what? Name them.

Mantis has admitted she can't beat Karnak in a fight, she isn't going to beat Wolverine or Deadpool. Her precog will just give her a heads up to how she is going to lose.

Really? Did you actually read that issue of Guardians of the Galaxy? She said that Karnak would eventually beat her in roughly 2.5 minutes, if he was conscious. And then she proceeded to whoop his ass. Most characters with precog (which MN doesn't have BTW) use it to avoid the situations they foresee.

Half a dozen examples, and the illegitimacy of them has all been explained to you many of times.

I don't disbelieve Midnighter can kick a tank shell back at a tank. I just don't think it had anything to do with strength because if it did it would have exploded, or speed, because he has never displayed that level of speed before or sense. It's something in the same vein as an Amadeus Cho calculation feat or something similar.

Really?

Can you imagine how much force it takes to reverse the momentum of a fired tank shell? If a normal human cannot do it, even if we grant him the necessary reflexes and the battle computer. His flesh wouldn't have the durability to withstand contact with the shell. Obviously it takes timing to not detonate it, and speed to even comprehend and coordinate his reflexes. Yes, he has demonstrated speed like that a few times. He can force his body to move extremely fast, but not for an extended period of time.

Amadeus Cho did something like that once. He redirected a laser-guided missile using a car's side-view mirror. And it wasn't the same thing at all. No physical force was required.

Anyway I was just comparing the ability to run simulations not the characters. Danger is a much more powerful and versatile opponent than Midnighter is, and yet Wolverine has still manged beat her in combat.

Wow. Misconstruing facts again.

You are referencing one fight specifically. He comments that his opponents were so good that he could only find 5 scenarios in which they die and he survives. Guess what? He still beat them. Pin in your balloon.

Cho doesn't need to head butt a tank shell. Anyway, the means are inconsequential, if Cho wanted to reflect that shell back, he'd do it with super math regardless of his strength or speed. Midnighter has never displayed anything remotely close to the type of strength or speed he would need to kick a tank shell back, which makes it pretty likely that it was a showcase of his battle computer calculations. But hey, maybe it isn't, maybe its just PIS, because its one or the other.

Only he hasn't run better simulations. He runs billions of scenarios, and comes out with 5 possible wins. That is horrible. That is less than a fraction of a percent, and that is just the average amount of wins. Sometimes he comes up short of that average, when he was surrounded by three SAS soldiers with guns trained on him he couldn't come up with single situation where he won. The guys he is fighting 99/100 aren't X-Men caliber or even close for that matter, they are nobody fodder that can't even hang with Swift.

What makes you think he is even going to be able to come up with one possible win scenario for either Wolverine or Deadpool? They are both leagues above the dredge he usually fights that he averages 5 wins for. Even if he comes up with one scenario where he wins, what makes you think he is going to have any luck stringing Deadpool along to fight the way he wants? Does that sound at all likely to you? I mean, sure its fine when you spend your days fighting nobody fodder, who are all eager to dance to whatever tune you play for them, but it is much less likely that either Wolverine or Deadpool will. I mean, the last time Midnighter fought Grifter it was a stalemate, so what? He can't get Grifter to dance to his tune, but he is going to get Wolverine and Deadpool to? Thats pretty absurd. Hawksmoor can melee (I said melee, I'm not talking about his other powers, which obviously would rage stomp Midnighter) with Midnighter, he doesn't have anywhere close to the speed, skill or damage soak Wolverine or Deadpool do... but for some reason Midnighter is going to dance around Wolverine and Deadpool without getting touched? Unlikely.

Nice job trying to low-ball a character for no apparent reason. I've already explained why your '5 wins' rant makes no sense, but I guess you can run with it until you crash and burn.

Yeah, Jack sure hasn't shown the strength to tussle with Midnighter. That explains why he's punching peoples' heads off in the Carrier, which only supports his city-based technology instead of letting him manipulate the Carrier himself. He is an excellent fighter without being in a city.

Let's also forget that Midnighter has an advanced healing factor, two hearts, the ability to deaden pain, enhancements that let him see other superhuman enhancements, and flesh described to be like concrete. Or that he's destroyed teams of superhumans handily when his battle computer was disabled. Or that he's moved faster than a speedster could see.

He's not street-level.

Lord_Talron
Yes. Clearly, Midnighter seeing grenades on Wade's bandolier could never predict that Wade might actually... use the grenades. Clearly. deadpool has a "magic satchel", hes been shown time and time again pulling weapons out of nowhere

OneDumbG0
You are insane! Since when did Midnighter read a Deadpool comic book.

I'm now pretty certain that you are a bit funny in the head. I have never had to resort to personal bias before, but you are wierd.

Yes Midnighter knows Wade has a healing factor! Since when does Midnighter have to have read a Deadpool comic book to guess that Deadpool would use a grenade off his bandolier? How many different ways can you use a grenade?

Suggesting that his battle cpu could never predict that Deadpool might go kamikaze with his grenade without reading Deadpool comics is weird.

... yes, Midnighter's enhancements would allow him to see that Wade has a healing factor. He can see down to the cellular level and has taken note of heightened electrical nerve impulses. There is no sarcasm here. Originally posted by SamZED
Both Deadpool and Wolverine have taken worse than MN by themselvs, as for beating teams, come one man.
X-men, Fantastic Four, Great Lakes Avengers just to name a few teams Wolverine and Deadpool have fought.
At some point Deadpool held his own against a team of Iron Fist, Captain America, Hercules, Goliath and Falcon and while holding back and using non lethal weapons only. Some of the guys on the team would beat MN 1 on 1.

Cap never beat Deadpool, Wade only fought Cap 1 on 1 once, and Steve was a brainwashed zombie at the time so Wade just kicked him in the nuts cause he was in the middle of another fight. Deadpool also fought an alt reality Captain America who was = Steve + enhanced with cyber arm, they were evenly matched. Heck, even IF Deadpool lost (which he didn't) how would that have anything to do with anything here? A>B>C logic? Firelord lost to Spider-man and Venom beat Spider-man so Firelord < Venom? It doesnt work that way.Midnighter doesn't have to take worse than Wolveirne or Deadpool to win. And I don't think you're seriously suggesting that the only way fo Midnighter to project a winning scenario must involve him tanking more damage than either of them.

Cap tooled Wade effortlessly in that Civil War fight. And nothing I've said requires Venom > Spiderman > Firelord ABC logic. Originally posted by SamZED
That's not a speed feat at all. Its a strength feat, and Wolverine and Deadpool got plently of those. When it comes to combat speed Deadpool and Wolverine got better feats than MN, that's true. Here's a few examples.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/729/xforce17odororeodcp025.png
http://i069.radikal.ru/0910/67/4cd0355f202d.jpg
When Logan and Deadpool go at full speed humans cant even see them move. And dont get me started on running speed. Deadpool once has chased a speeding plane that was about to take off. Kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank requires speed. This isn't even a question. When Wolverine catches an arrow in his hand you go all gaga for it as a speed feat and when a character literally kicks a fired tank shell, it's a strength feat that has nothing to do with speed? Midnighter has pulled the disappearing act on opponents who are staring straight at him as well. Neither of those involve "kicking-tank-shell-in-mid-flight" speed.

Johnny Sorrow
LOL at people using the Great Lakes Avengers as a feat.

SamZED

Cap tooled Wade effortlessly in that Civil War fight.
I have to ask for scans. Because the only time they met in Civil War was when Deadpool fought Captain America, Iron Fist, Hercules, Goliath and Falcon all at the same time and was doing more than just good especially concidering he wasn't using any lethal weapons. Again, Deadpool already stalemated an enhanced Captain America.

And nothing I've said requires Venom > Spiderman > Firelord ABC logic. Kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank requires speed. This isn't even a question. When Wolverine catches an arrow in his hand you go all gaga for it as a speed feat and when a character literally kicks a fired tank shell, it's a strength feat that has nothing to do with speed? That thing is, It has liitle to do with speed and mostly with strength. Give Daredevil a strength upgrade and he'd easilly do the same with the speed he already has. I have no problem with you using it as speed feat, I simply dont realise why would you do that, since as speed feat it isn't impressive at all, only as strength feat. Seriously, if that's the best he got to put on the table, he's outclassed by far in terms of speed.

Midnighter has pulled the disappearing act on opponents who are staring straight at him as well. Neither of those involve "kicking-tank-shell-in-mid-flight" speed. "kicking-tank-shell-in-mid-flight" tbh as speed feat <<<<<<<<<<<<<< dissapearing out of sight of the X-men team on a rooftop in a bright day light and appearing behind them while holding them at gun point. As strength and accuracity feat, yeah. That's impressive, but also not beyond some of the Logan or Wade feats.
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow.

LOL at people using the Great Lakes Avengers as a feat. GLA, Generation-X, Fantastic Four, Avengers, the X-men. Good enough?

OneDumbG0
^ And Cap tooled him in that fight. Deadpool did fine against everybody else. Not once Cap got involved. Rogers literally saved him from receiving "the Gift." No idea what you're referring to with "enhanced Cap."

No. Daredevil with enhanced strength could not do the same thing. Cap used to have hyper strength back in the day, and he didn't demonstrate any sort of capacity to kick around or karate-chop fired tank shells. Kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank is more impressive than anything Wolverine or Deadpool have done. I mean... when Logan catches arrows in his bare hands, is it only because Wolverine's strong and accurate enough... ? Or is it mainly about his reflexes and speed? Think about it.

Midnighter has disappeared out of sight against opponents who are standing several feet away from him and staring straight at him. And when he's disappeared, he's already done kicking the crap out of them. Disappearing acts are not impressive, they're a dime-a-dozen. You tell me the last time any character has swatted back a fired tank (or artillery shell) with only strength and accuracy. Because disappearing acts don't even come close and I don't care to argue that obvious notion.

The Nuul
T2 wins, besides a cheap KO win theres not much T1 can do to them FTW!

SamZED
^ And Cap tooled him in that fight. Deadpool did fine against everybody else. Not once Cap got involved. Rogers literally saved him from receiving "the Gift." No idea what you're referring to with "enhanced Cap."

No. Daredevil with enhanced strength could not do the same thing. Cap used to have hyper strength back in the day, and he didn't demonstrate any sort of capacity to kick around or karate-chop fired tank shells. Kicking a fired tank shell back into a tank is more impressive than anything Wolverine or Deadpool have done. I mean... when Logan catches arrows in his bare hands, is it only because Wolverine's strong and accurate enough... ? Or is it mainly about his reflexes and speed? Think about it.

Midnighter has disappeared out of sight against opponents who are standing several feet away from him and staring straight at him. And when he's disappeared, he's already done kicking the crap out of them. Disappearing acts are not impressive, they're a dime-a-dozen. You tell me the last time any character has swatted back a fired tank (or artillery shell) with only strength and accuracy. Because disappearing acts don't even come close and I don't care to argue that obvious notion. I already mentioned that, alt universe Steve Rogers who's exactly the same as 616 Steve but with super strong cyborg arm. Wade stalemated him, and he was the reason Cap lost his arm in the first place. And where did he "tool" Wade? All he did was deflect his shots ones and in the very beginning of the fight Deadpool pretty much ran over Cap while beating the crap outta the rest of the theam, Cap had to cover himself with the shield. And Cap didnt save him, Deadpool tooled the entire team, dropped Goliath on Herc, shot Falcon, landed on Cap, and knocked down Iron Fist. And only got tagged like twice. The rest was done for the sake of comedy. But nowhere there did Cap tool Deadpool. Not even close.

I undesrtood your arrow analogy, but catching an arrow is mostly about speed because it doesnt require a lot of strength, neither is it all that impressive as a speed feat. Ordinary real life trained humans can catch arrows. When it comes to the shell, all he has to do is be fast enough to throw the kick, the rest is about strength and accuracity. And managing to throw a kick at the shell would be at best an ok speed feat.

Dissapearing act is much more impressive actually, but fine. Deadpool was once chained and used a fired bullet to free himself. Jumped and hit the speeding bullet with the chain. That already matches the shell-kicking feat in terms of speed, as for strength I can show you scans of both Deadpool and Wolverine that'd match this one. Are there scans of MN displaying combat speed equel to Logan or DP? Also, I would like to see that dissapearing act as well because if its as impressive as you say I dont see why you had to bring up shell-kicking thing in the first place because that'd be a lot more impressive.

OneDumbG0
^ You're talking about the Deadpool Corps Prelude... really? Cap tooled Wade, without even looking. no expression

Managing to throw a kick at a fired tank shell is an "ok" speed feat? Would karate chopping a fired bullet be a "ho-hum" speed feat since tank shell velocity is greater than bullet velocity?

Tank shells go faster than bullets. So that wouldn't match it. And if you're really so enamored of disappearing acts, read Authority #2. erm

SamZED
^ You're talking about the Deadpool Corps Prelude... really? Cap tooled Wade, without even looking. no expression

Managing to throw a kick at a fired tank shell is an "ok" speed feat? Would karate chopping a fired bullet be a "ho-hum" speed feat since tank shell velocity is greater than bullet velocity?

Tank shells go faster than bullets. So that wouldn't match it. And if you're really so enamored of disappearing acts, read Authority #2. erm Man, you have a unique understanding of the word "tool". Deadpool embarasses an entire team that includes Cap, IF, Herc etc and you say Cap tooled him. Wade fights an enhanced Cap, they both get few hits in with Wade making Cap bleed and again you say Cap tooled him. erm Heck even if that was the case (which it wasn't) I dont see what you're getting with this. Cap's beaten Hulk before so what? Deadpool's been either beating or stalemating Marvel top MAs for years.

Except a bullet is much smaller so harder to hit, especially while you're dodging OTHER bullets at the moment. As for speed, it depends on the bullet. So all things concidered tagging a speeding bullet is much harder. Seriously, the tank-shell feat is a great strength feat, as a speed feat its just ok, nothing else. Not even close comparing to disspaearing out of sight of several people (including superhumans) while standing like 20 feet infront of them and reapearing behind them. When MN displays that kinda speed I'll think again, but so far both Logan and Wade have him beaten in terms of speed.

Authority 2? You mean him having a drop on them from behind? erm

OneDumbG0
^ Cap wasn't embarassed in that fight at all. Reread it. He tooled Wade. Nothing more, nothing less.

Batman, Daredevil, Wolverine, Punisher, Nightwing all have disappearing acts. They're a dime-a-dozen. And slapping a bullet away is neither more difficult, nor a greater speed feat than jump-kicking a fired tank shell. You are stunning me to near silence on this here.

Yes... when the Gamorran supersoldier is looking right at him a few feet away that means Midnighter is somehow behind him to begin with...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/StupidPills01.jpg

SamZED
I dont know how else to put this, so im gonna say it the way it is - You are wrong. All that happened in the CW was DP embarassing the team while holding back, he didn't fight Cap 1 on 1 during CW. When he fought AU Cap he made him bleed. How you can look at that and see Cap tooling anyone there is beyond me. So once again, you're wrong.

Dunno about Nightwing or Batman (and I doubt about Punisher) but Wolverine does. So does Deadpool. And its more impressive than anything Ive ever seen from MN in terms of speed. And yeah, slapping a bullet away is harder and more impressive if we talk speed. You throwing around MN kicking a shell as an uber speed feat seems kinda desperate tbh. Its a solid strength feat. An ok speed feat. Nothing more.

All I see in that scene is him sneaking up from behind and punching as soon as the soldier looked behind. While Deadpool was standing 20 away from the X-men on a rooftop with nowhere to hide and they were looking right at him, then he was just gone. That beats any MN's speed feat, let alone the speed that it takes to kick a tank shell. I see Daredevil do that (except because of the lack of strength he'd get his leg smashed)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2460/smf010012.th.png

What are you smoking? stick out tongue

Lord_Talron
why cant you all just post the f*cking scans and we can figure out who got "tooled" ourselves

Mindset
If they are talking about the time DP was trying to catch the capes in C&D 30 and 31, then I have no idea what ODG is talking about.

Cap hit DP with his shield at the end of 30 and in 31, both times it was while DP was fighting Daredevil and both times all it did was momentarily knock him down.

OneDumbG0
^ I'm referring to where Cap's got his back turned and Wade attempted to seize an "ah-ha!" moment at the end, shot his tranquilizers and Cap deflected them back into his face without even looking and not breaking his conversation with Herc (or Falcon, can't remember).

Lord_Talron
how about a scan O_O

Hitosu Moriko
**** this shit wolverine is mad ******

Mindset
^ I'm referring to where Cap's got his back turned and Wade attempted to seize an "ah-ha!" moment at the end, shot his tranquilizers and Cap deflected them back into his face without even looking and not breaking his conversation with Herc (or Falcon, can't remember). That never happened.

Cap did block DP tranqs, but later DP tried to shot Cable who sent them back into DP's face.

SamZED
You remember it wrong. Cap did deflect the darts but that's it. He stoped them from hitting Herc and himself. That hardly quilifies as "tooling". It was Cable who came and used tranqs to ko Deadpool. I mean God-Cable. With tk.

Here it is. Also, its not DD, its Iron Fist wearing Matt's costume. Here's the fights.

Deadpool vs Iron Fist, Captain America, Hercules, Falcon and Goliath. Notice, Deadpool is using non-lethal weapon only.

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/scan0005.png/
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9979/scan0006.png
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4121/scan0007r.png
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1204/scan0009.png
That's it, no more fighting after this scan. Wade shoots Herc in the face and Cap deflects the darts. Not to mention Wade pretty much blitzes the whole team.

And this is Deadpool vs AU enhanced Captain America.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6929/ptdc01019copy.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4453/ptdc01020copy.png
Then they got interrupted. Deadpool lands more hits and is unharmed while Cap got a bloody nose. How can you call that tooling?

OneDumbG0
^ Nobody cares about alternate reality crap Cap.Originally posted by Mindset
That never happened.

Cap did block DP tranqs, but later DP tried to shot Cable who sent them back into DP's face. crackers

You're right.

Mindset
Originally posted by SamZED
You remember it wrong. Cap did deflect the darts but that's it. He stoped them from hitting Herc and himself. That hardly quilifies as "tooling". It was Cable who came and used tranqs to ko Deadpool. I mean God-Cable. With tk.

Pretty sure Cable was using tech for tk at this point.

Lord_Talron
thumb up

however i dont think he could bead dd that easily; but alas, thats for another thread 8)

SamZED
^ Nobody cares about alternate reality crap Cap. crackers
Fair enough. sad

Pretty sure Cable was using tech for tk at this point. Really? Hmm..Been awhile since ive read it so could be.

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
thumb up

however i dont think he could bead dd that easily; but alas, thats for another thread 8) That's Iron Fist posing as DD. But DP fought DD twice as far as I know. And there was another time when Wade suckerpunched DD. Matt was in a weak state so I wouldnt count that.big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.