Infinity Man & Takion Vs. Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
The powerful duo of Darkseid's bro and an avatar of the Source takes on these cosmic heroes.

Nova Prime
Gladiator
Quasar
Black Bolt
Adam Warlock

Warlord
duo

Gecko4lif
I see a team that is gonna be missing alot of souls

KuRuPT Thanosi
Duo

celeyhyga17
just like that huh? these guys arent quite A-list heavy hitters, but they are heavy hitters nonetheless. they have a lot of versatility on their side. Plus each one have very good durability and/or resistance to injury. they could take some from this duo...

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
just like that huh? these guys arent quite A-list heavy hitters, but they are heavy hitters nonetheless. they have a lot of versatility on their side. Plus each one have very good durability and/or resistance to injury. they could take some from this duo...

Hey, hey. They're A-list in the Marvel universe.

Omega Vision
Infinity Man (as the Avatar of the Source) solos IMO.

If its average IM then its a lot closer but New Gods still take it 6/10.

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision

If its average IM then its a lot closer but New Gods still take it 6/10. Agree with the first point, fo sho.

As for the second part, even 'classic' IM was >> the Gravity Guard >>> pre-crisis Superman. That said, 6/10 is low-balling it imo.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Agree with the first point, fo sho.

As for the second part, even 'classic' IM was >> the Gravity Guard >>> pre-crisis Superman. That said, 6/10 is low-balling it imo.
shockish
I lowballed a New God?

WTF is happening to me? ninja

Galan007
shockish
I lowballed a New God?

WTF is happening to me? ninja Also keep in mind that classic IM tanked classic Mantis' "star system shattering" anti-matter touch, just before owning him (and classic Mantis was an uber beast in his own right.)

....Plus there's that pesky dues ex machina ability IM has at his disposal: the Infini-Beam.

Stop downplaying him. uhuh

Omega Vision
Also keep in mind that classic IM tanked classic Mantis' "star system shattering" anti-matter touch, just before owning him (and classic Mantis was an uber beast in his own right.)

....Plus there's that pesky dues ex machina ability IM has at his disposal: the Infini-Beam.

Stop downplaying him. uhuh
Yeah Classic Mantis was pretty beastly, absorbing Hal Jordan's Ring's Power and slugging it out with PC Superman. Still nothing compared to PC Darkseid.

But point is taken.

What's your view on projecting PC feats onto New Gods in the "Current" (pre-FC) era? I know the Crisis didn't 'effect' them but it certainly did have an impact.

Galan007
What's your view on projecting PC feats onto New Gods in the "Current" (pre-FC) era? I know the Crisis didn't 'effect' them but it certainly did have an impact. I know the Crisis didn't technically affect them, but if you look at how New Gods were depicted before and after the Crisis, the differences (mainly in power) are night and day.

For instance, back in the day, Darkseid was portrayed as one of the most powerful beings to ever exist. Fast-forward to more recent (pre-FC) times, and more often than not he was shown as a minor inconvenience who could be easily dealt with.

Omega Vision
I know the Crisis didn't technically affect them, but if you look at how New Gods were depicted before and after the Crisis, the differences (mainly in power) are night and day.

For instance, back in the day, Darkseid was portrayed as one of the most powerful beings to ever exist. Fast-forward to more recent (pre-FC) times, and more often than not he was shown as a minor inconvenience who could be easily dealt with.
I blame Superman. The New Gods are primarily self-contained save for their constant interaction with Superman and his Mythos. They had to power down the New Gods so that Superman could still slap them around and look good.

Galan007
Superman > ALL. That will never change.

Omega Vision
Superman > ALL. That will never change.
Batman's right foot > Superman > All.

Galan007
Robin's butthole is more durable than ALL.

vin

Omega Vision
Robin's butthole is more durable than ALL.

vin
Stop hanging out with Mindset. He's a bad influence. uhuh

celeyhyga17

If its average IM then its a lot closer but New Gods still take it 6/10.

wasn't takion the avatar of the source?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.