Kratos vs. Machamp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://fourplayercoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/godofwar3cestus.jpg

vs.

http://www.gpdesenhos.com.br/imagens/outros/outros/pokemon/machamp.jpg

Kratos (GoWIII) battles Machamp (Pokemon).

First round: Arm wrestling

Second round: A fight (possibly to the death). Kratos will have only the Nemean Cestus, a weapon that (aided by Kratos' strength) turned Hercules's face into mush. Machamp will have all of his abilities.

Can this Spartan defeat the Pokemon that can throw mountains or will Machamp be the winner in this fight?

Phanteros
I hate ninetendo threads

ScreamPaste
Round two does not look good for Kratos sad He might do better in the arm wrestle, though. Machamp's limitted to only one arm for that, right?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Round two does not look good for Kratos sad He might do better in the arm wrestle, though. Machamp's limitted to only one arm for that, right?

Resist getting squished by Cronos the Titan >>> throwing mountains imo

Yes, Machamp only uses one arm in the arm wrestling. It'd be unfair if he used all four.

ScreamPaste
Was thinking two, because he has two on each side.

Sin_Volvagia
1. Machamp lifted a mountain, Kratos prevented himself from being crushed by a being whose arm can be a mountain. Kratos wins.

2. Unless Kratos has Hope (or even just Helios head), Machamp is going to be sending his opponent flying throughout the fight. Kratos has durability and the big shockwaves so he wins.

ScreamPaste
Kratos only has the Cestus, and is against an opponent who can punch him 500 times a second. erm He is not winning round two, period.

Sin_Volvagia
Kratos only has the Cestus, and is against an opponent who can punch him 500 times a second. erm He is not winning round two, period.

Kratos still has durability and an shockwave attack from the Cestus. One hit from Kratos and it's lights out for Machamp. Too bad Kratos is not agile or fast enough to tag from behind.

wammamram
Kratos only has the Cestus, and is against an opponent who can punch him 500 times a second. erm He is not winning round two, period. pokey

NemeBro
Kratos only has the Cestus, and is against an opponent who can punch him 500 times a second. erm He is not winning round two, period. A lightning bolt moves faster than Machamp's fists. smile

Besides, after the first combos, Machamp's arms will be tangled and ghey. People like to ignore that.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
A lightning bolt moves faster than Machamp's fists. smile

Besides, after the first combos, Machamp's arms will be tangled and ghey. People like to ignore that. A lightning bolt happens less often, and is very telegraphed.

Also, it won't need more than one. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
kratos wasnt fast enough to catch hermes who wasnt even moving all that fast himself. kratos won because he has better damage soak then hermes.

CosmicComet
He didn't block the bolts until after they left Zeus' finger tips. Telegraphed, pshh.

If this were Tyraninaut. I would not be supporting Kratos. But its only Machamp.

edit: Nope. Kratos was fast enough to engage in CQCs with Hermes, grabbing his kicks. Hermes himself is fast enough to run up completely vertical mile + long chains

ScreamPaste
Machamp can move a mountain with just one of it's four hands >.> Is pretty monstrous himself.

Ms.Marvel
honestly i question the legitimacy of the pokedex. some of the things it notes dont make any sense at all lol

CosmicComet
The Pokedex is made by Professor Oak, who himself is Reed Richards level +. Truth.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
honestly i question the legitimacy of the pokedex. some of the things it notes dont make any sense at all lol I don't see what doesn't make sense about it.

Machamp has the strength in one arm to move a mountain. This is far from the most ridiculous thing to ever happen in fiction, and is pretty consistent wit hthe pokemon universe which is full of shit like that.

Ms.Marvel
i remember from the games and show that it didnt make any sense then either. professor oak made the pokedex, but it wasnt complete, which is why you/ash took it with him, to gather data and complete the pokedex. thats why you cant access data on a pokemon until after you see it yourself.

so that being the case, how the hell does the pokedex know that a pokemon is capable of doing something by just looking at it, even if the pokemon isnt actively performing such a feat? no expression

TheAuraAngel
The Pokedex is a plot hole as far as I'm concerned because there is no way it could ever work. It must be magic.

Ms.Marvel
yeah i agree. its like infallible and omniscient while at the same time completely limited and relying on you for information. no expression

that doesnt have anything to do with this thread though. im just thinking outloud

MooCowofJustice
I think it was Nephthys that discovered Professor Westwood wrote the dex entries. Apparently it's stuff already known.

Ash's goal was to catch as many Pokemon as he could, probably for study. Catch'em all, you know.

Ms.Marvel
study?

enslave. no expression

Nemesis X
I don't see what doesn't make sense about it.

Machamp has the strength in one arm to move a mountain. This is far from the most ridiculous thing to ever happen in fiction, and is pretty consistent wit hthe pokemon universe which is full of shit like that.

One arm from Cronos has more strength than all four arms of a Machamp and Kratos actually pushed Cronos's hand away just so he doesn't squish him.

MooCowofJustice
I think I'll choose not to discuss the slavery thing again.

Yeah, Cronos and Kratos are a lot stronger, but 1000 punches in a second still is going to hurt like hell.

TheAuraAngel
That's true for the anime. But the plot hole doesn't really exist there as the Pokedex already knows everything. Unless the Pokemon hasn't been discovered yet, which even still the Pokedex still gets info about it somehow later on, likely through more culminated research that doesn't include Ash.

MooCowofJustice
Well, yeah. Ash isn't the only trainer in Pokemon. The Pokedex doesn't know everything, we get new dex entries every generation.

NemeBro
A lightning bolt happens less often, and is very telegraphed.

Also, it won't need more than one. stick out tongue 1. And is over a thousand times faster. no expression A single punch from Machamp travels in about 0.02 seconds. A lightning bolt at 60,000 meters per second traveling two meters would travel in roughly 0.00003 seconds. Also, this is not even considering air friction, if I understand correctly, lightning traveling a shorter distance would average faster because air friction would play less of a role.

2. First of all, something has occurred to me.

Machamp is like five feet tall. no expression

His arms are also not particularly long, and Kratos stands at like seven feet apparently... Will Machamp even get close enough to throw a punch? no expression

Seriously, reach nukka, Kratos even with just his arms has it over Machamp, with the Nemean Cestus he has even more, and Kratos has strength surpassing Machamp's... He pummels him. no expression

TheAuraAngel
Meh whatever. Pokedex plot hole exists in the game and has no legit explanation. At all.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
1. And is over a thousand times faster. no expression A single punch from Machamp travels in about 0.02 seconds. A lightning bolt at 60,000 meters per second traveling two meters would travel in roughly 0.00003 seconds. Also, this is not even considering air friction, if I understand correctly, lightning traveling a shorter distance would average faster because air friction would play less of a role.

2. First of all, something has occurred to me.

Machamp is like five feet tall. no expression

His arms are also not particularly long, and Kratos stands at like seven feet apparently... Will Machamp even get close enough to throw a punch? no expression

Seriously, reach nukka, Kratos even with just his arms has it over Machamp, with the Nemean Cestus he has even more, and Kratos has strength surpassing Machamp's... He pummels him. no expression Negatory. For one, if Machamp knows every martial art ever, and Kratos is slow by comparison, if he throws a punch, his arm's gettign attacked, he'll probably end up flipped or something and then pummelled.

Also, your point is invalid, cutscenes show just how incredibly loudly the lightning is telegraphed. no expression

Reach is valid, but not enough to save him from Machamp's superior speed and technique, and Machamp is plenty strong enough to dent him, he's got four arms that do what Cronos does.

MooCowofJustice
Uh. Professor Westwood. Thousands, if not millions of trainers. A history easily going back hundreds of years in which humans lived with Pokemon.

Gotta disagree with that plot hole theory.

ScreamPaste
A thought occurs.

First hit BFR's the other guy. no expression Money's on Machamp for superior speed, Kratos could theoreticly block, but he's still going flying over the horizon.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Uh. Professor Westwood. Thousands, if not millions of trainers. A history easily going back hundreds of years in which humans lived with Pokemon.

that doesnt explain it at all actually. that makes it even more nonsensical.

what is machamp's movement speed

ScreamPaste
There's nothing more nonsensical about it, handing out pokedexes so trainers can add /more/ information as they come across it is just a good idea. It's like the pokemon wikipedia was invented in 1996 or something.

Machamp's capable of throwing 500 punches a second, it's legs can't be far behind. Similarly, it knows bullet punch, so can run around as fast as a bullet as far as approaches go?

TheAuraAngel

The game disagrees with that. In the anime, the plot hole isn't quite nearly as bad, verging on being nonexistent really to an extent. But in the game, the regional Prof invents the Pokdex and tells you to record the info for their research. Plot hole. confused

Ms.Marvel
if there is already data on the pokedex then why is that information only available after you see the pokemon for the first time, and how does that then count as "gathering data" if the data gathered is only redundant information that the pokedex apparently already knows?

MooCowofJustice
Well, Red and Blue were some of the first trainers to get a Pokedex. In first gen they might have been the only two.

After that, a lot more have them. And it just increases every generation, until I believe every new trainer who gets their first Pokemon from a Prof. has one.

The ruins in Johto I believe are at least 1500 years old, and the markings there urge people to get along well with Pokemon. After a certain point, things about common Pokemon like Rattata will become common knowledge.

Plenty of time and opportunities to learn about Pokemon, and most of the people in the Pokeverse do it.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
The game disagrees with that. In the anime, the plot hole isn't quite nearly as bad, verging on being nonexistent really to an extent. But in the game, the regional Prof invents the Pokdex and tells you to record the info for their research. Plot hole. confused

They tell you to catch Pokemon, allowing you to fill up the dex with information. Pretty sure Prof. Oak was the only one to tell you they invented it. But I think all of them were involved anyway.

In what was is that a plothole anyway?

ScreamPaste
if there is already data on the pokedex then why is that information only available after you see the pokemon for the first time, and how does that then count as "gathering data" if the data gathered is only redundant information that the pokedex apparently already knows? Same reason the gyms/trainers magicly get slightly tougher on a perfect difficulty curve? Beats me.

Still don't see how it matters, the 'dex is canon, and it is not a plot hole at all. Infact, it's the excuse for the professor to give you a WMD in the beginning of the game.

Ms.Marvel
Same reason the gyms/trainers magicly get slightly tougher on a perfect difficulty curve? Beats me.

Still don't see how it matters, the 'dex is canon, and it is not a plot hole at all. It's basicly the excuse for the professor to give you a WMD in the beginning of the game.

that is what a plot hole is

no expression

^
|
|
|

that smilie is a link.

TheAuraAngel
Arguing against the Pokedex doesn't make it less canon of course. But it doesn't change the fact that it is a device that couldn't possibly really work the way it does. Not any way that I see. lol

ScreamPaste
No, a plot hole is where aspects of the plot don't make sense. The professor giving you something to record data on isn't a plot hole. It already having data is incidental, the only thing questionable is why it doesn't list everythign in the beginning of the game.

In new generations, that's obvious: SPOILERS, also, would kinda kill the point of catching them all.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Arguing against the Pokedex doesn't make it less canon of course. But it doesn't change the fact that it is a device that couldn't possibly really work the way it does. Not any way that I see. lol

A universe where it's commonplace to hand out Weapons of Mass Destruction to children, goons in jump suits try to destroy the universe for lulz, and the common rodents can electrocute you so hard your nipples will never forgive you for that piecring in highschool, and how they learn information is the most troubling thing for you? stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
and the pokedex already having data on pokemon yet still requiring you to find them in order for you to see it, is a plot hole.

MooCowofJustice
Wait, so you're confused as to how it gets the information? Well, in the anime it's just a scan.

In the games you can't scan during a battle because you're in a battle. Kinda have your hands full with some other stuff.

"Don't go out into the tall grass! Wild Pokemon live there!"

ScreamPaste
Nah, that would destroy the point of Nintendo keeping most of the new pokemon rosters a secret when they release a new generation.
No, a plot hole is where aspects of the plot don't make sense. The professor giving you something to record data on isn't a plot hole. It already having data is incidental, the only thing questionable is why it doesn't list everythign in the beginning of the game.

In new generations, that's obvious: SPOILERS, also, would kinda kill the point of catching them all.

A universe where it's commonplace to hand out Weapons of Mass Destruction to children, goons in jump suits try to destroy the universe for lulz, and the common rodents can electrocute you so hard your nipples will never forgive you for that piecring in highschool, and how they learn information is the most troubling thing for you? stick out tongue

Incase it was missed.

Ms.Marvel
Wait, so you're confused as to how it gets the information? Well, in the anime it's just a scan.

how does "scanning" a pokemon determine what it can and can not do and how it behaves?

Ms.Marvel
Nah, that would destroy the point of Nintendo keeping most of the new pokemon rosters a secret when they release a new generation.

Incase it was missed.

them doing it for out of universe reasons means thats its a plot hole, i dont think you understand what a plot hole is. it is not simple "an aspect of the plot that doesnt make sense". its an aspect of the plot that doesnt make sense within the universe. the writiers deliberately writing a plot hole doesnt mean that it isnt one

TheAuraAngel
In the anime, it makes sense to a degree as you don't have to use the Pokedex at all to get the info cause its there.

In the games, the pokedex is given to you and you have to go find pokemon and catch them in order to get the full data. And that doesn't make sense. I understand the designers want you to catch them all so they can give you a nice little diploma and such but it still doesn't make sense.

ScreamPaste
how does "scanning" a pokemon determine what it can and can not do and how it behaves? Easy, schizotech. no expression They also had a time machine, random balls that convert you into light without any damage and reassmble you at any time, and souls can be kept in jars.

Ms.Marvel
that doesnt answer my question though

ScreamPaste
that doesnt answer my question though Yes it does, you asked how a scan does what it does, that is how. Pokemon tech is stupid.

Ms.Marvel
well as long as we all agree that pokemon is stupid and doesnt make any ****ing sense at all, i guess its alright. back to hugs! hug

ScreamPaste
Do I get one? love

NemeBro
Negatory. For one, if Machamp knows every martial art ever, and Kratos is slow by comparison, if he throws a punch, his arm's gettign attacked, he'll probably end up flipped or something and then pummelled.

Also, your point is invalid, cutscenes show just how incredibly loudly the lightning is telegraphed. no expression

Reach is valid, but not enough to save him from Machamp's superior speed and technique, and Machamp is plenty strong enough to dent him, he's got four arms that do what Cronos does. 1. **** that knowing every martial art ever bullshit, we have only seen some grapples relying on brute force, punches, and chops. Same reason why as far as I am concerned Neo only knows Wu Shu, it is all that was displayed. Kratos has reacted to much faster than Machamp.

2. Gameplay says differently.

3. Reach is enough to allow Kratos to BFR him first. smile

ScreamPaste
Pokedex.

Cutscene >

Negative, Kratos is the slower of the two, and Kratos can be BFR'd by his arm being attacked.

NemeBro
Pokedex.

Cutscene >

Negative, Kratos is the slower of the two, and Kratos can be BFR'd by his arm being attacked. 1. I accept its physical statistics, but unless that little gameboy can read minds, how does it know what martial arts it knows? Also contradicts itself, says that feats requiring dexterity tangle its arms... Kind of like martial arts.

2. Yet you were always so quick to use Link dodging Majora's whips. smile

3. Kratos has reacted to much faster than Machamp.

ScreamPaste
Martial arts isn't delicate, which is a word specificly used. You're assuming it's referring to fighting, but has no indication of that. A later pokedex entry specificly mentions fine manipulations of the fingers being bad. To suggest a fightign type stated to know martial arts is bad at fighting is kind of silly. erm
Find me a cutscene contradicting that. There's actually a cutscene contradicting your example.
I hope you're not talking about lightning again?

CosmicComet
Negatory. For one, if Machamp knows every martial art ever, and Kratos is slow by comparison, if he throws a punch, his arm's gettign attacked, he'll probably end up flipped or something and then pummelled.

Reach is valid, but not enough to save him from Machamp's superior speed and technique, and Machamp is plenty strong enough to dent him, he's got four arms that do what Cronos does.

-No. Kratos ain't slow by comparison.

-WTF? The sound obviously doesn't come BEFORE the lightning. Weak.

-No. Kratos got punched in the jaw by Zeus who is just as strong as he is, and he did not go flying.

NemeBro
Martial arts isn't delicate, which is a word specificly used. You're assuming it's referring to fighting, but has no indication of that. A later pokedex entry specificly mentions fine manipulations of the fingers being bad. To suggest a fightign type stated to know martial arts is bad at fighting is kind of silly. erm

Find me a cutscene contradicting that. There's actually a cutscene contradicting your example.

I hope you're not talking about lightning again? 1. In one, it says care and dexterity in another... Which martial arts does require. Why would manipulation of the fingers tangle its arms? That makes no sense, and is for a totally different reason, imaging doing something like making origami I guess while being strong enough to push a mountain, sounds hard, huh? It is a fighting type, yes, but its only fighting abilities seem based around punched, chops, and grapples, all focusing on brute force. It powers through opponents.

2. That is a fallacious argument. Show me when Kratos could not deflect lightning after it was thrown and you will have a point, the fact that he could do both contradicts... Absolutely nothing. no expression

3. Why would I not be? Never been disproven. smile

ScreamPaste
Ever tried doing fine manipulations with one han-..Oh, you have. 131

Show me when Kratos wait for Zeus to throw the lightning before he decided, hey, shit, lightning, and reacted then, just to be a show off?

We have a cutscene, where Zeus takes his sweet time to charge his laser, so to speak. no expression We know he cannot instantly fire a lightning bolt, to assume KRatos waits to react is laaaame.

See above.

NemeBro
Ever tried doing fine manipulations with one han-..Oh, you have. 131

Show me when Kratos wait for Zeus to throw the lightning before he decided, hey, shit, lightning, and reacted then, just to be a show off?

We have a cutscene, where Zeus takes his sweet time to charge his laser, so to speak. no expression We know he cannot instantly fire a lightning bolt, to assume KRatos waits to react is laaaame.

See above. 1. Doing one with each hand right now. smile

2. Different lightning clownshoes. One was charged, and was a stream of lightning affecting the entire area. The other was a single bult.

CosmicComet
What the hell are you talking about?

The Scenario
http://doodlegarmander.deviantart.com/art/Metroid-Bird-Magic-153208519

The pokedex was obviously designed by the Chozo as a gift to humany. Pokeballs=Morphball.

Granted, this is all millions of years after the Chozo evolved from the Oocca and left the City in the Sky.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
http://doodlegarmander.deviantart.com/art/Metroid-Bird-Magic-153208519

The pokedex was obviously designed by the Chozo as a gift to humany. Pokeballs=Morphball.

Granted, this is all millions of years after the Chozo evolved from the Oocca and left the City in the Sky. ..IT ALL MAKES SENSE. no expression

Spidervlad
If someone is pointing a gun at you and you know their going to shoot you, that makes it no easier to be able to dodge the bullet. Same with the lightning and Zeus.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Spidervlad
If someone is pointing a gun at you and you know their going to shoot you, that makes it no easier to be able to dodge the bullet. Same with the lightning and Zeus. but theres a difference in catching and dodging. also He randomly throws it it.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Spidervlad
If someone is pointing a gun at you and you know their going to shoot you, that makes it no easier to be able to dodge the bullet. Same with the lightning and Zeus. If I had the fleece? Give me advance warning and apparently I can stop anything.

CosmicComet
And, pray tell, tell us again what advanced warning was there involved?

Kratos blocks mid shot. Not before it ever happens due to some 'warning'.

ares834
Lightning doesn't travel at the speed of light... lolz. smokin'

CosmicComet
No one said it does. It does however travel faster than Machamp's punches.

Heythere,Honey
I thought Champ could only "move" and not "lift" mountains. sad

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
And, pray tell, tell us again what advanced warning was there involved?

Kratos blocks mid shot. Not before it ever happens due to some 'warning'. We have a cutscene of Zeus using his lightning, and it takes time for him to get a shot ready. no expression Why are we assuming d00d has 0.0003 reaction time, when it's more likely, and reinforced by a cutscene, that Kratos had plenty of warning the lightnin'-was-a-comin'? Also, the lightning comes less rapidly than Machamp's punches which are still much faster than Kratos', Machamp has more arms, and is stated to be able to simultaneously attack from multiple directions. Kratos cannot keep up with his opponent, who can hit him in four different places at once, when Kratos can at best, block two, and every hit, blocked or otherwise, is gonna send Kratos flying and BFR him.
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I thought Champ could only "move" and not "lift" mountains. sad
Can move mountains with one hand, has four.

CosmicComet
We have a cutscene of Zeus using his lightning, and it takes time for him to get a shot ready. no expression Why are we assuming d00d has 0.0003 reaction time, when it's more likely, and reinforced by a cutscene, that Kratos had plenty of warning the lightnin'-was-a-comin'? Also, the lightning comes less rapidly than Machamp's punches which are still much faster than Kratos', Machamp has more arms, and is stated to be able to simultaneously attack from multiple directions. Kratos cannot keep up with his opponent, who can hit him in four different places at once, when Kratos can at best, block two, and every hit, blocked or otherwise, is gonna send Kratos flying and BFR him.

I'm still trying to decipher what the phuck your argument in the first place is.

-We have a scene in God of War 2 where Zeus fires off a stream of lightning from his fingers with zero charge up time and no warning. Kratos blocks it midshot. We have another scene in God of War 3 where Zeus charges up a single massive bolt and then launches it, which Kratos easily sees coming, but the effect is too massive to block.

Are you trying to work out some sort of contradiction here? There is none. Different attacks, both times Kratos was able to see it coming. The only commonality is lightning is involved. Don't be selectively ignorant, you know this.

-Machamp can punch as rapidly as he wants, each punch is slower than lightning by far.

-And LOL at the notion that some 5 foot creature with terrible reach is going to overwhelm a guy who is 8 + feet tall(according to FT, thats what he's been retconned to from one of the bonus videos), by attacking from 'multiple directions'. No. They are in one direction, coming from one particular 5 foot creature with terrible reach, you make it sound like a speed blitz is gonna take place. laughing

Kratos fights Atropos and Lahkesis at the same time. He fights Zeus who can split up into at least 8 different physical forms, and Zeus is a flying teleporter mind you. Kratos also fights Charon, the ferryman of the underworld, in chains of olympus (Kratos' weakest game incarnation) and is easily able to keep up with him. Charon can go intangible, fly and his movement is teleportation like as well--sort of like Arkham from DMC.

How is Machamp going to swarm Kratos when he's lesser than all of that?

-He can't BFR Kratos either, not with a punch. Kratos takes a punch from Zeus, who is just as strong as he is, and he doesn't go flying or anything like that.

Machamp has no means of winning or even damaging Kratos and he's far slower than what Kratos is used to dealing with. And he's short. He gets one shotted by a half hearted BoE swing. Seriously stop feeling like you need to champion every minuscule Nintendo character you see. Machamp has no argument going for him.

BloodRain
He's more like 6-7ft. Not much taller then the normal people. (think some game (soul caliber?) said 6)

And dodging Zeus's shot doesnt mean he'll do the same to 500 hits a sec. One punch at that speed Kratos could react the same way but not that high number. Which goes to the not damaging Kratos part. The mountain thing would put him on a damaging Kratos level, especially if you factor in the speed of the hit.

On a slightly unrelated note, when Kratos flew up to the scorpion boss was that a case of the rising air currents too?

ScreamPaste
nK_9nyWj5LE 0:40 >_> Zeus charges his laser in a cutscene.

Reach is anadvantage, but so is speed. Machamp fights much faster than Kratos does. He's also got two extra arms to further lessen Kratos' advantage.

Also, did Zeus get a much better strength feat in GoW3? Because in GoW2, he was struggling to impale a weakened Kratos with the BoO. no expression

Slower than what Kratos is used to dealing with? Kratos has never been struck 500 times in a second by something that can move a mountain with one hand. no expression That's enough to damage him, too.

Also, looking for the scene where Kratos apparently tanks a hit from Poseidon, can you provide it? Is relevant.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by BloodRain
He's more like 6-7ft. Not much taller then the normal people. (think some game (soul caliber?) said 6)

No. Soul Calibur listed him as 7 feet tall. Also one of the developers said he was 7 feet back around the time God of War 1 was nearing release, on a Tech tv/G4 show.

But apparently in one of the extra videos in God of War 3, he was shown to be 8'6" or something that ridiculous. So he has been retconned to be even taller.

edit: Paste you moron. In that video Zeus isn't even attacking anyone with the lightning, he's forging the friggin Blade of Olympus.

And yes, Machamp is slower than several major bosses Kratos has faced.

ScreamPaste
Keep hurlin' insults >_>

Sidenote: 3:00; Cronos' only strength feat I know of, puts him at; not as physicly powerful as Atlas. Just sayin'. Cronos get something better in GoW3?

Proof of slowness?

BloodRain
Soulcalibur wiki says 6. Though I should find this extra.

But none he has faced can strike as fast.

CosmicComet
Wiki is wrong. the official flash page put him at 213 cm. Which is 7 feet.

And Paste, all that scene showed is that Atlas and Cronos are the in same league. Hades was able to physically control both of them after they were hooked.

ScreamPaste
Nah, watch the scene where Cronos lifts a rock and throws it, 3:00. His only strength feat. That does not put him in Atlas' league.

BloodRain
Didnt see anything like that. Still 6 or 7ft is still an advantage, but not for a flurry like what Machamp can offer.

CosmicComet
Nah, watch the scene where Cronos lifts a rock and throws it, 3:00. His only strength feat. That does not put him in Atlas' league.

LOL. 'His only strength feat'. You really don't know too much about God of War. Cronos has a small mountain stuck on his back; Pandora's temple.

In numerical lifting feats, no, he technically doesn't have anything on Atlas' level. But against common obstacles, he has a comparable performance. Hades once he hooked into Atlas was able to physically turn him around, and at the beginning of the scene he was controlling Cronos with leverage.

-Hades is able to control Atlas and Cronos with similar ease? Check.

-Also, Atlas and Cronos are also chained up by GIANT chains. Chains so strong that neither of them can break them. Similar performance against the same type of structure? Check.

Let me guess, you were attempting to argue in a roundabout way that Atlas is somehow millions of times stronger than Cronos right? Lol.

Don't get me wrong though, Atlas is most definitely stronger, hell he has 4 arms! But his limbs individually are no stronger than Cronos'.

The original Japanese flash site had him listed at 213 cm. First Tsuguri was the one who first directed me to it. But I can't find it anymore. However this wiki has the correct information on it:
http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/Kratos

Also, Kratos will react faster than Machamp can punch anyway.

Reacting to Charon's teleportation like movement > Machamp's speed.
Tagging Hermes in combat repeatedly > Machamp's speed.
Reacting to Zeus' lightning > Machamp's speed.
Fighting Atropos and Lahkesis at the same time > Machamp's speed.

MooCowofJustice
Dude, Hermes isn't that fast.

Ms.Marvel
hermes and kratos aside. someone tell me machamps movement speed, at the least.

BloodRain
Movement speed outside punching isnt that fast.

Edit: Guess it'd be best to place him at 7ft.

Note that dodging the lightning may be a feat to make him dodge Machamp's punch(?) but in very rapid succession? Kratos doesnt have the speed to evade 500 hits every second.

ScreamPaste
LOL. 'His only strength feat'. You really don't know too much about God of War. Cronos has a small mountain stuck on his back; Pandora's temple.

In numerical lifting feats, no, he technically doesn't have anything on Atlas' level. But against common obstacles, he has a comparable performance. Hades once he hooked into Atlas was able to physically turn him around, and at the beginning of the scene he was controlling Cronos with leverage.

-Hades is able to control Atlas and Cronos with similar ease? Check.

-Also, Atlas and Cronos are also chained up by GIANT chains. Chains so strong that neither of them can break them. Similar performance against the same type of structure? Check.

Let me guess, you were attempting to argue in a roundabout way that Atlas is somehow millions of times stronger than Cronos right? Lol.

Don't get me wrong though, Atlas is most definitely stronger, hell he has 4 arms! But his limbs individually are no stronger than Cronos'.

The original Japanese flash site had him listed at 213 cm. First Tsuguri was the one who first directed me to it. But I can't find it anymore. However this wiki has the correct information on it:
http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/Kratos

Also, Kratos will react faster than Machamp can punch anyway.

Reacting to Charon's teleportation like movement > Machamp's speed.
Tagging Hermes in combat repeatedly > Machamp's speed.
Reacting to Zeus' lightning > Machamp's speed.
Fighting Atropos and Lahkesis at the same time > Machamp's speed. It's a big rock, but he was not able to throw it incredibly far. no expression Watch te scene.

Also, you're ignoring that Atlas was being electrocuted while HAdes hooked him, while Cronos was not.

Them both being chained up by giant chains does not make them similar in strength, it only measn they're bound by the same chain.

Essentially: how strong exactly, is Cronos?
How strong exactly is Zeus? He was struggling to impale a weakened Kratos with the BoO. no expression

Kratos has never reacted to a flurry like Machamp's, period.

Many characters react to teleporters.
Hermes was dicking around. no expression
Zeus telegraphed really hardcore, and I'm pretty certain I can find a seperate instance of that.
How exactly? >_>
hermes and kratos aside. someone tell me machamps movement speed, at the least.
Machamp's legs more than likely are not far behind his hands in speed, as he can use bullet punch, which requires him to move atleast as fast as a bullet.

CosmicComet
Dude, Hermes isn't that fast.

Hermes is supposed to be the fastest being on Olympus. Poseidon himself broke the sound barrier when he flew down at a generic titans.

ScreamPaste
As an afterthought: is Hades physicly stronger than Atlas who holds up the world? no expression I think there's more at work there than his own physical might, especially as Atlas cracks the earth and forces Hades away from Cronos prior to Atlas being hooked. erm

read a book
kratos way too easy

BloodRain
''the fastest being on Olympus'' doesnt mean much compared to other VG characters.

read a book
as i said before kratos and way too easily

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by read a book
as i said before kratos and way too easily I don't think you and I are gonna be friends.

Care to explain your stance, or do you intend to sit on the sidelines shouting your opinion like the ugly cheer-leader? biscuits

BloodRain
Originally posted by read a book
as i said before kratos and way too easily
You usually follow with a reason to why.

Ms.Marvel
Machamp's legs more than likely are not far behind his hands in speed, as he can use bullet punch, which requires him to move atleast as fast as a bullet.

i knew you were going to say that...

not you, specifically but i knew someone was going to say that.

how fast you can move one part of your body is not an indication of how fast you can move another, ever. spiderman can move his hands fast enough to catch bullets, but he cant physically run anywhere even close to the speed of a bullet. boxers, bruce lee, they cant run as fast as they can punch, etc. thats why theres a difference being reflexes/reaction speed and movement speed. some people can fight FTL but they cant move from a to b that fast

CosmicComet
It's a big rock, but he was not able to throw it incredibly far. no expression Watch te scene.

Also, you're ignoring that Atlas was being electrocuted while HAdes hooked him, while Cronos was not.

Them both being chained up by giant chains does not make them similar in strength, it only measn they're bound by the same chain.

Essentially: how strong exactly, is Cronos?
How strong exactly is Zeus? He was struggling to impale a weakened Kratos with the BoO. no expression

Kratos has never reacted to a flurry like Machamp's, period.

Many characters react to teleporters.
Hermes was dicking around. no expression
Zeus telegraphed really hardcore, and I'm pretty certain I can find a seperate instance of that.
How exactly? >_>

-K. Who says he was trying to throw it farther than he did?

-I'm not ignoring. It had nothing to do with Hades having the physical strength to completely turn Atlas' gaze away from Poseidon, he already had Atlas down to one knee before Poseidon started another volley of electricity. Also, he was initially controlling Cronos with a huge leverage advantage, he was behind him, and it also took him longer to bring Cronos to his knees and start pulling his soul, but that was without Poseidon involved, logically if he was involved it would have taken less time, comparable amount of time it took to get Atlas down and out.

So it balances out in the end. Like I said, its a comparable performance, you could possibly say Atlas' performance was 'better', but I know based on math you want to say Atlas is millions of times stronger than Cronos, but you and I know both know you aren't quite that stupid to commit to such a bullshit statement. So you aren't going to explicitly say it. But you want to.
laughing

-Them being bound by the same chain and having equal ineffectiveness is not much by itself, but when its coupled with the performance against Hades, you see that their limits are similar.

-How strong exactly is Cronos? I've said it already. Not as strong in a deadlift competition vs Atlas, but equal in an arm wrestling one.

-How strong exactly is Zeus? Strong enough to snatch the BoO away from a prime, completely healthy Kratos in GoW2 and GoW3's end battles. He didn't 'struggle' to impale a weakened Kratos at all. That's just your wishful analysis. Weak.

-And each individual punch is slower than the fastest things Kratos has come across. Kratos has superior reaction time and agility over Machamp, reach as well.

-Lots of people react to teleporters? Lol. Why would you insist on making such empty, completely irrelevant statements? What does 'a lot of people' being able to do that have to do with the fact that its superior to Machamp's offensive ability anyway?

-Hermes wasn't dicking around during the fight, he was getting desperate as per the mid-battle dialogue.

-Zeus didn't telegraph shit when Kratos blocked it. He blocked Lightning, from 30 feet away, in mid shot. You can continue to create some qualifiers for that and continue to fail. Such as that 'loud sound' bullshit. lol.

You are a terrible debator Paste, I can see why the anti-Link guys run roughshod over you.

ScreamPaste
i knew you were going to say that...

not you, specifically but i knew someone was going to say that.

how fast you can move one part of your body is not an indication of how fast you can move another, ever. spiderman can move his hands fast enough to catch bullets, but he cant physically run anywhere even close to the speed of a bullet. boxers, bruce lee, they cant run as fast as they can punch, etc. thats why theres a difference being reflexes/reaction speed and movement speed. some people can fight FTL but they cant move from a to b that fast See part two of what you quoted. Also, I said not far behind, not up to par. Also, hasn't Spidey shown some really ridiculous speed? mmm

Anywayz, I never claimed Machamp can take 250 strides a second, but he /can/ move atleast as quickly as a bullet.

Ms.Marvel
See part two of what you quoted.

wha- ? o.o

hes got bullet speed reflexes, he can dodge hundreds of rounds of machine gun fire, catch bullets, react to them after theyve been shot, etc. hes never actually ran from one spot to another as quick or nearly as quick as a bullet.

id need to see it to believe it

BloodRain
Doesnt mean he can evade more then one punch. His reaction times can be great but his agility isnt high enough to react to every punch.

The fire's been lit here `-`

Except in the Spiderman 2 game shifty

CosmicComet
As an afterthought: is Hades physicly stronger than Atlas who holds up the world? no expression I think there's more at work there than his own physical might, especially as Atlas cracks the earth and forces Hades away from Cronos prior to Atlas being hooked. erm

Who said he had to be stronger? He just has to be strong enough to not be overwhelmed, like I said, against Cronos, he initially had the leverage advantage. He could do the same against Atlas.

Hades in full God size has great performances against Titans, he also yanked one off of Mt Olympus in the beginning of GoW3.

read a book
I don't think you and I are gonna be friends.

Care to explain your stance, or do you intend to sit on the sidelines shouting your opinion like the ugly cheer-leader? biscuits

dude kratos is too vicious for him i mean with his anger and cruelness kratos always beats his oponnent because he is ready to go 1 step over his oponnent i see kratos just ripping his limbs apart

CosmicComet
Doesnt mean he can evade more then one punch. His reaction times can be great but his agility isnt high enough to react to every punch.

The fire's been lit here `-`

He doesn't have to evade more than that, he evades the first and Machamp gets decapitated on the first stroke. Fighting 8 copies of Zeus at the same time > fighting one Machamp.

read a book
it seems like kratos can be as strong or as fast as his oponnent and then he steps 1 gear up and overcomes his oponnent if its in strength or speed

ScreamPaste
-K. Who says he was trying to throw it farther than he did?

-I'm not ignoring. It had nothing to do with Hades having the physical strength to completely turn Atlas' gaze away from Poseidon, he already had Atlas down to one knee before Poseidon started another volley of electricity. Also, he was initially controlling Cronos with a huge leverage advantage, he was behind him, and it also took him longer to bring Cronos to his knees and start pulling his soul, but that was without Poseidon involved, logically if he was involved it would have taken less time, comparable amount of time it took to get Atlas down and out.

So it balances out in the end. Like I said, its a comparable performance, you could possibly say Atlas' performance was 'better', but I know based on math you want to say Atlas is millions of times stronger than Cronos, but you and I know both know you aren't quite that stupid to commit to such a bullshit statement. So you aren't going to explicitly say it. But you want to.
laughing

-Them being bound by the same chain and having equal ineffectiveness is not much by itself, but when its coupled with the performance against Hades, you see that their limits are similar.

-How strong exactly is Cronos? I've said it already. Not as strong in a deadlift competition vs Atlas, but equal in an arm wrestling one.

-How strong exactly is Zeus? Strong enough to snatch the BoO away from a prime, completely healthy Kratos in GoW2 and GoW3's end battles. He didn't 'struggle' to impale a weakened Kratos at all. That's just your wishful analysis. Weak.

-And each individual punch is slower than the fastest things Kratos has come across. Kratos has superior reaction time and agility over Machamp, reach as well.

-Lots of people react to teleporters? Lol. Why would you insist on making such empty, completely irrelevant statements? What does 'a lot of people' being able to do that have to do with the fact that its superior to Machamp's offensive ability anyway?

-Hermes wasn't dicking around during the fight, he was getting desperate as per the mid-battle dialogue.

-Zeus didn't telegraph shit when Kratos blocked it. He blocked Lightning, from 30 feet away, in mid shot. You can continue to create some qualifiers for that and continue to fail. Such as that 'loud sound' bullshit. lol.

You are a terrible debator Paste, I can see why the anti-Link guys run roughshod over you. To assume someone is capable of more than they show is what? Fallacious.

You magicly left it out, then? Also, this would make Hades stronger than Atlas, too. Huh. You think Hades is usuing pure strength to over power a pair of titans? Originally posted by ScreamPaste

-No, I just see an athlete and a fat guy both being tied by the same rope. no expression

-Support that Cronos is equal in an arm wrestle. I see no evidence whatsoever of that.

-Kratos has never dealt with that volume of strikes inthat short of time, he could not get out of the way, period.

-It's relevant because lots of characters react to teleporters, but currently it's only being wanked for Kratos. If this magicly makes you able to dodge all of Machamp's strikes, I get to wank Link a lot harder than I have been.

-Hermes managed to get caught and tagged by someone who has never demonstrated the ability to move quickly enough to keep up with him if he's as fast as you're making him out to be. For example, there are characters who can outfight Sonic the hedgehog, but good luck to most of them catching him. no expression
-We'll see, meh boi.

And here:
You demonstrate an inability to seperate a logical disagreement with a personal argument. I suggest you take a time out.

BloodRain
He doesn't have to evade more than that, he evades the first and Machamp gets decapitated on the first stroke. Fighting 8 copies of Zeus at the same time > fighting one Machamp.
I dont quite see how that would happen. One punch would hit in 0.004. If he manages to evade that Kratos would have to attack faster then that speed to hit Machamp before the second fist hits.

ScreamPaste
I dont quite see how that would happen. One punch would hit in 0.004. If he manages to evade that Kratos would have to attack faster then that speed to hit Machamp before the second fist hits. Indeed, Kratos does not have that attack speed.

CosmicComet
Apparently Kratos can't evade and attack at the same time now.

BloodRain
Not faster then Machamp at least.

Edit: Faster strikes and has four arms to do so.

CosmicComet
To assume someone is capable of more than they show is what? Fallacious.

I'm doing nothing more than extrapolating from similar demonstrated limits. Hades can control both of them.

Because my intial argument was the part of the scene where Hades turned Atlas around while he was looking at Poseidon. Poseidon had stopped his initial lightning barrage then. Still, the lightning argument was addressed with a proper explanation as soon as you predictably brought it up. And no it wouldn't make him stronger than them, just competitive, or do you have a problem understanding a God being able to contend with a Titan in strength?

Hades had to work extensively and with initial leverage to finally tire Cronos enough to put him on his knees and begin to tug at his soul, he took less time to do so with Atlas, but with aid from Poseidon. It balances out thus. I know you want to say Atlas is millions of times stronger than Cronos, DO IT PASTE DO IT. Just confirm to me how delusional you are. If Atlas is a 2 trajillion tonner, Cronos, being comparable but admittedly weaker, would probably be a 1 trajillion tonner /sillyfictiousnumbers

What?

Comparable resistance against Hades confirms comparable body strength. Atlas has four arms however and thus the advantage in overall lifting.

Machamp hasn't faced someone with the reaction time and reach advantage of Kratos.

Cool. Wank Link as much as you want. How common a feat it is has nothing to do with the argument as it puts those people above Machamp's offense as well.

Let's not just simplify the statement though, he hasn't just fought teleporters.

-Fought 2 sisters of fate at the same time. Both capable of flight and at least one of intangibility.
-Charon can fly, go intangible, and his movement speed is like he's teleporting.
-Hermes is supposed to be the fastest being on Olympus, note that Poseidon himself broke the sound barrier when he flew.
-Zeus can fly, teleport, and has a doppleganger ability splitting into 8 different physical clones.

So after all of that, especially the above, just 4 arms, all coming from a not so fast 5 foot creature with crap reach and terrible coordination is supposed to surprise Kratos?

Don't be dense. Kratos has beaten fast people before Hermes and has had great reaction times before Hermes as well. You still cannot discount the lightning blocking no matter how much you attempt to deny and create qualifiers and specifi scenarios allowing it to happen.

Nah. That's just how I debate, its not even heated. Even when I argue on your side I've commented on your bad style.

CosmicComet
Not faster then Machamp at least.

React to the first punch with a simultaneous strike/evasion, he doesn't have to choose one action over the other. Its easy.

Machamp won't even get close enough to punch Kratos.

MooCowofJustice
Lol, well I've seen the Kratos vs Hermes fight, and I've seen Hermes running. Maybe Hermes is the fastest runner on Olympus?

Either way, Kratos didn't have much of a speed advantage to deal with.

BloodRain
Could break your wrist if ya did no expression

React to the first one and three more are coming a few milliseconds later. Or two arms punch two arms stop Kratos's hits.

Actually can someone post the lightning dodge?

CosmicComet
Lol, well I've seen the Kratos vs Hermes fight, and I've seen Hermes running. Maybe Hermes is the fastest runner on Olympus?

Either way, Kratos didn't have much of a speed advantage to deal with.

So running down Mt Olympus doesn't impress you?
Completely ignoring gravity and running up a vertical chain does not impress you either? Why is that?

Would you say Charon is faster than Hermes?

NVAEH706P8U

ScreamPaste
FrfOpAcn-5s

MooCowofJustice
Well, if Gods can fly, then no.

Is Hermes capable of using high speed mid combat?

ScreamPaste
You're assuming, based on extremely generalised scenarios.

So, in short, yes, you do infact believe Hades is as physicly powerful as Atlas. Do you have anything to support that? We see Atlas scare Hades off with /indirect/ attacks in that same scene, there's no way he's a physical contender.

Hades is comparable to a d00d who's supported to hold up the world now. No. That or Atlas is not as strong in GoW as he was in the original myth.

Considering how much faster those four arms are than anything valid that you listed, and how much more often Kratos would have to react to them, not only will it surprise Kratos, is will more than likely end up totally emasculating him.

Also, I'd like to point out the irony of claiming size matters in a fight containing Kratos.

Lol'd. So, reacting to a teleporter instantly makes you a casual bullet timer? Earlier in the post I'm quoting, you called me delusional. I mention this to highlight irony.
Telegraphed.

Nah, you used to tell me, debate with more force. Today, it's simple butthurt. I'm good enough to force you into a position where you get defensive and start throwing out accusations. smile

ScreamPaste
Well, if Gods can fly, then no.

Is Hermes capable of using high speed mid combat? The ability to ignore gravity isn't new to deities and can be totally discounted in Hermes running feats. cool

Ms.Marvel
im a ***

ScreamPaste
im a *** waitwut?

Do... Do you need a hug? confused

Phanteros

Telegraphed.

131 Proof of the lighnting being telegrath? He still need to catch it so yeah lighnting feat for Kratos.

Ms.Marvel
waitwut?

Do... Do you need a hug? confused

my friend was over >_>

Phanteros
FrfOpAcn-5s I don't see the telegrathed part here. Zeus never ever gave warning to Kratos he was about to throw it and the fact he still cought it means his hands needs to be time to catch it as well.

ScreamPaste
my friend was over >_> So, no hug? sad

BloodRain
I didnt see anything in that vid /skimmed

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Phanteros
I don't see the telegrathed part here. Zeus never ever gave warning to Kratos he was about to throw it and the fact he still cought it means his hands needs to be time to catch it as well.
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/telegraphed.jpg

>_> "Gee, he pulled back his arm and charged his laser, should I, y'know, get ready or something? ..Nah... I'll just wait for him to let go, THEN prepare."

BloodRain
Oh was that all?

Phanteros
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/telegraphed.jpg

>_> "Gee, he pulled back his arm and charged his laser, should I, y'know, get ready or something? ..Nah... I'll just wait for him to let go, THEN prepare." More to it than that.

ScreamPaste
Oh was that all? Nah, there's more, but I'm having fun with the video, now. Originally posted by Phanteros
More to it than that. I know, like this!

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/gorshtelegraphed.jpg
"Gorsh, this BoO thing sure is nifty, when I hold it out infront of me..."

Phanteros
You need to time to catch it anyway doing it sooner will just result in block like all the OTHER ATTACKS in the game.

Phanteros
Nah, there's more, but I'm having fun with the video, now. I know, like this!

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/gorshtelegraphed.jpg
"Gorsh, this BoO thing sure is nifty, when I hold it out infront of me..." read my post below.

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/gorshtelegraphed2.jpg
"...I glow! It starts in my legs, but the tingling reaches me whooole body. If only I weren't bald. sad"

Edit: The point I'm making, is Kratos does not "catch" lightning. no expression He holds the sword infront of him, and kool shit happens. He has /plenty/ of time to do this when Zeus practicly yells "DUCK, I'M GONNA TRY AN' KILL YOU!"

The Scenario
So what does it mean if pretty much all of the lightning was incredibly slow? I mean, you should not see lightning crossing distances that small. Also, just to say, was Zeus switched out with Odin during that fight? Because whoever was fighting Kratos in that video had to have been blind. Just something I noticed.

I'm still somewhat neutral here, though.

Phanteros
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/gorshtelegraphed2.jpg
"...I glow! It starts in my legs, but the tingling reaches me whooole body. If only I weren't bald. sad"

Edit: The point I'm making, is Kratos does not "catch" lightning. no expression He holds the sword infront of him, and kool shit happens. He has /plenty/ of time to do this when Zeus practicly yells "DUCK, I'M GONNA TRY AN' KILL YOU!" Before you obtain the blade you are stuck with Blades of Athena which requires you to have to catch the attack. With the blade, The blade its self naturally absorbs the attack anyway. and zeus doesn't yell.

CosmicComet
You're assuming, based on extremely generalised scenarios.

So, in short, yes, you do infact believe Hades is as physicly powerful as Atlas. Do you have anything to support that? We see Atlas scare Hades off with /indirect/ attacks in that same scene, there's no way he's a physical contender.

Hades is comparable to a d00d who's supported to hold up the world now. No. That or Atlas is not as strong in GoW as he was in the original myth.

Considering how much faster those four arms are than anything valid that you listed, and how much more often Kratos would have to react to them, not only will it surprise Kratos, is will more than likely end up totally emasculating him.

Also, I'd like to point out the irony of claiming size matters in a fight containing Kratos.

Lol'd. So, reacting to a teleporter instantly makes you a casual bullet timer? Earlier in the post I'm quoting, you called me delusional. I mention this to highlight irony.
Telegraphed.

Nah, you used to tell me, debate with more force. Today, it's simple butthurt. I'm good enough to force you into a position where you get defensive and start throwing out accusations. smile

I'll respond to this quick, ignoring bullshit such as you trying to tell me what I'm saying.

I said Cronos and Atlas have similar arm strength, you haughtily said there was no proof. Lol. Since you were so desperate for this evidence (actually the opposite, you wanted it to not exist), I'll plainly show you. Watch your own videos closely.

nK_9nyWj5LE
1:03-1:07. We see Atlas smacking off small chunks of a nearby cliff at Hades to help Cronos.
The boulder Cronos threw at 3:03 was bigger than those chunks being smacked off.

There. Comparable arm strength. Good thing you resisted the urge to say Atlas is millions of times stronger, no matter how much I baited you to. That would have been quite stupid no? smile

And no, ALL of the examples I listed >>>>>>> not so quick, short, mere 4 armed guy with terrible dexterity who punches far slower than lightning travels. Kratos will kill Machamp before he even gets within twenty feet.

Once more, Charon alone is far faster than anything Machamp can hope to muster. He's not even a teleporter, he just moves really fukken fast. 00:26-00:37:
NVAEH706P8U
Kratos had zero problems keeping his eyes on Charon.

As for the lightning, jesus, at least post screens of the correct example, it did not happen in gameplay. It was an unavoidable cutscene:

V566KEIZ8IA
7:42.
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2417/lightningblocked.png

And sorry, this is not the first time (or even the second time) I've insulted you, nor will it be the last. The first time I said something to the affect of 'no offense but your debating style sucks'. And then said why it sucks.

Phanteros
I'm sensing some furrious mojo here.

Guys lets chill for a minute now. Now one wants to get banned for flaming over fictional characters right? So lets stop the potential hostilities while we are a head of ourselves.

Sin_Volvagia
Machamp is 5'3? laughing

Kratos uses reach advantage combined with the Cestus to increase reach. Machamp flies across the room and dies.

MooCowofJustice
Master of every style of Martial Arts is pretty win.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Machamp is 5'3? laughing

Kratos uses reach advantage combined with the Cestus to increase reach. Machamp flies across the room and dies. Claiming size matters in a fight involving Kratos: Irony.

GrieverSquall
I have played God Of War, just the first game so I can't tell much... But Kratos seems to have infinite strength and experience in battle, I don't think a simple Machamp would take him down.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
I have played God Of War, just the first game so I can't tell much... But Kratos seems to have infinite strength and experience in battle, I don't think a simple Machamp would take him down. Simple? no expression The damn thing can move a mountain with one hand and throw 500 punches a second from every angle, and knows every martial art.

GrieverSquall
Since we are forced to use elements from the games... I'll be your guest.
Machamp can be defeated by Pokemons like Pikachu or Hitmonlee whose aren't as fast as he is... So what's preventing someone like KRATOS to do it? I don't have any arguments for Kratos, I need to play God Of War 2 first, at least.

ScreamPaste
Since we are forced to use elements from the games... I'll be your guest.
Machamp can be defeated by Pokemons like Pikachu or Hitmonlee whose aren't as fast as he is... So what's preventing someone like KRATOS to do it? I don't have any arguments for Kratos, I need to play God Of War 2 first, at least. Wait, your argument is other pokemon can fight it, and therefore Kratos can do so with ease?
1. Flawed. Many pokemon are ridiculously OP, and an ability to contend with Machamp would only show that.
2. Are you using gameplay?

GrieverSquall
Well... Not really, but if there are Pokemons who aren't 'supposedly' to be strong or fast as you claim Machamp is, and still can be defeat him, what is preventing Kratos for defeating a Machamp as well? Because... You mentioned his strength and speed, right? No, I'm not using anything.

ScreamPaste
Well... Not really, but if there are Pokemons who aren't 'supposedly' to be strong or fast as you claim Machamp is, and still can be defeat him, what is preventing Kratos for defeating a Machamp as well? Because... You mentioned his strength and speed, right? No, I'm not using anything.
Can you cite a canon instance of Machamp getting it's ass kicked by an apparently inferior opponent?

I'm really not sure what your argument is. By that token, if Machamp were inferior to Kratos, what would stop Kratos from losing? no expression I just don't understand what you're getting at.

Sin_Volvagia
Master of every style of Martial Arts is pretty win.

Yet this Pokemon would get its ass handed by Fearow and Dodrio if it doesn't have the TM, Rock Slide. He's not much of a martial art master if he can't beat oversized birds that look like Skittles when compared to the giant-sized foes that Kratos fights.

Kratos makes a shockwave and heads over to the fallen Machamp and takes it out with one blow.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Yet this Pokemon would get its ass handed by Fearow and Dodrio if it doesn't have the TM, Rock Slide. He's not much of a martial art master if he can't beat oversized birds that look like Skittles when compared to the giant-sized foes that Kratos fights.

Kratos makes a shockwave and heads over to the fallen Machamp and takes it out with one blow.
1. Proof Machamp would lose?
2. Size =/= important.
3. Your argument sucks.
4. Stop underrating pokemon so badly.

BloodRain
Wait.. Kratos beats large opponents but suddenly size matters for Kratos over Machamp.. :/

How come the strike speed of the punches have been dropped?

GrieverSquall
Can you cite a canon instance of Machamp getting it's ass kicked by an apparently inferior opponent?

I'm really not sure what your argument is. By that token, if Machamp were inferior to Kratos, what would stop Kratos from losing? no expression I just don't understand what you're getting at.

In the games? No, I can't. I didn't said inferior, but I suppose Machamp isn't invincible, he can be defeated in the games. By the Pokedex description 'supposedly' Machamp is the physically strongest Pokemon, right? Who else can move a mountain with one arm? Who else can deal 500 punches in 2 seconds? There is no mention of its durability nor his velocity though, maybe with one blow from Kratos and his Chaos Blades he takes him down, I don't know.

Kratos is very well known as undefeated, a powerful warrior who has defeated hundred of soldiers and creatures by himself, even a God (with Pandora's Box, but still) and has not shown signs of fatigue whatsoever, at least that is what I can drawn from the game... So, if Machamp can lose against... Let's say, Hitmonlee, Kratos would have a good chance of winning. Well, just my opinion...

Sin_Volvagia
1. Proof Machamp would lose?

Machamp wouldn't survive in a fight with Dodrio or Fearow.

Kratos regularly deals with flying enemies. In God of War 2, he rips the wings off of Griffons and breaks the Dark Griffin's neck. Lahkesis also flies and Kratos beat her and Atropos at the same time.

Maybe but the fact that Machamp can't deal with flying foes puts him at disadvantage.

How does it suck?

I'm not; you're just overrating them like every Nintendo character. If Machamp really is a martial arts master, it would have every fighting move in the game. That includes Jump Kick, Triple Kick, and Arm Thrust which he never learns.

ScreamPaste
haermm
No, no no no. Machamp is far from being the physical strongest pokemon. no expression He's a freakin' wimp next to some of the others.

Not really, and having not lest yet wouldn't close the possibility of losing in the future. erm

I'm not saying Kratos has no chance, but a fight with Machamp doesn't look good for his chances.

Was askig for proof of the above, why would Machamp lose to those birds? Flying type? No. That is not enough.

Also, lol@me overrating pokemon. I'm reading you the freakin' pokedex.

MooCowofJustice
Lol, Dodrio can run at I believe 100mph. And Fearow is an excellent flier. I forget what was special about him though.

Both of those don't resist fighting attacks anyway, the half normal type cancels that out.

Simply getting too close to Machamp would do them in. So yeah, Machamp could survive a fight with those two.

Sin_Volvagia
Lol, Dodrio can run at I believe 100mph. And Fearow is an excellent flier. I forget what was special about him though.

Both of those don't resist fighting attacks anyway, the half normal type cancels that out.

Simply getting too close to Machamp would do them in. So yeah, Machamp could survive a fight with those two.

Dodrio runs at 40 mph. Machamp gets killed by Drill Pecks and the Nemean Cestus.

MooCowofJustice
Assuming he gets hit with a Drill Peck.

Was pretty sure it was understood Machamp is a better fighter than Kratos.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>