Mar-Vell vs Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Who wins?

Omega Vision
bump

SamZED
hmm.. What class is mar-vell again? I think star should win. Dont F with poed star.

Enyalus
Probably Starfire. I don't see her energy output doing anything to him, but that's why she takes this close. They're both good fighters but she's a lot stronger than he is.

Konton
Well energy attacks are useless against each other here because they are both solar based.

Fighting skill seems somewhat even. Alien warrior princess vs alien commanding soldier.

Both capable of light-speed flight in a vacuum.

Not entirely sure of Mar-Vell's strength levels. That would be the deciding factor.

Q99
Mar-vell's class 15, so Star's got quite an edge there.

He does have cosmic awareness in his favor.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99

He does have cosmic awareness in his favor.
So he can know he's going to get his ass kicked by a hot girl? stick out tongue

Konton
lol Koriand'r rips his limbs off and feeds him to the Gordanians.

Blanket
Originally posted by Q99

He does have cosmic awareness in his favor. Except he can amp on the fly (if he indeed does start out at that level).

The guy's put Ronan out. Went toe to toe with Classic Drax at the time he was busting planetoids, and ripping out sun cores. Fought pretty well with Namor at a weaker power level. Etc.

Plus, he's also a pretty good fighter.

leonidas
he's also matched up against ben. this is a good fight. SF does have him in the strength dept. everything else is pretty close. i'd give her a very slight edge, maybe 6/10. she likely has the better high end durability feats as well.

Blanket
He's also destroyed Super Skrull as well...

Not sure strength is the deciding factor.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blanket
He's also destroyed Super Skrull as well...

Not sure strength is the deciding factor.

yeah, but thing was depicted as being quite a bit stronger, and even his classic battle with the controller led me to believe he was using mostly skill and toughness to stay on the fight. it may not be the deciding factor, but i think she has the durability feats on him as well. somewhat better strength, somewhat better durability, arguably greater power output (though that is very close) add up to just enough to give her the slightest edge imo.

Blanket
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, but thing was depicted as being quite a bit stronger, and even his classic battle with the controller led me to believe he was using mostly skill and toughness to stay on the fight. it may not be the deciding factor, but i think she has the durability feats on him as well. somewhat better strength, somewhat better durability, arguably greater power output (though that is very close) add up to just enough to give her the slightest edge imo. Mar-Vell was also weaker in the Thing battle.
And Controller was portrayed as quite a beast back then. And skill was usually his best factor.

I don't think strength is a factor because Mar-Vell has always found a way to nullify that advantage through his career, with people around Starfire's level or above. Either through skill, thinking, or just plain through amping his strength.

The guy can also just fix himself up back to full strength if he gets down as well, so uh dunno. And can store enough energy to create a sun, so a lot of amping could be involved.

I see him winning, not a big number, but winning none-the-less.

King Kandy
Mar-Vell can win this... He's beaten classic Drax who i'm pretty sure is above Starfire in strength anyway.

Konton
I suspect she's be able to drain him as she did the Kryptonians.

Blanket
Originally posted by Konton
I suspect she's be able to drain him as she did the Kryptonians. All he has to do is bang his bands, and he's back to full power...

Warlord
Mar - Vell the guy was fighting Thanos ona casual basis

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord

but that was a Thanos on a level nowhere near today's.
marvell wins though.. =p

Warlord
he was on a higher level than Starfire thogh which is all we need for this thread...smile

SamZED
Well, Starfire's been fighting Wonder Woman. And was more or less matching her.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by SamZED
Well, Starfire's been fighting Wonder Woman. And was more or less matching her.

doubt she was really matching her. wondy was just holding back. otherwise, she would slap the orange out of SF. =P

Warlord
cool...

SamZED
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
doubt she was really matching her. wondy was just holding back. otherwise, she would slap the orange out of SF. =P Well, she's taken several punches and hit back. Also there was one time one of Raven's siblings (forgot the name) turned into Wonder Woman (not just appearance, but all powers included) Kori's energy bolt did a number on him/her and she took a punch well.

leonidas
Originally posted by Warlord

that's a misrepresentation. he was slaughtered by thanos, easily. nightwing can fight superman too, but the battle wouldn't mean anything.

celeyhyga17
that's a misrepresentation. he was slaughtered by thanos, easily. nightwing can fight superman too, but the battle wouldn't mean anything.

qft

Warlord

I do not imply that he's at Thanos level or anything. I just point that Thanos used to consider him a noticable opponent

SamZED
kmc thanos is so awesome just being noticed by him concidered as an impressive feat.stick out tongue

Warlord
haterz... miffed

leonidas
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.