Movie big daddy vs. Ozy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
They were both major threats in real life.
No prep.
Who wins?

the ninjak
Ozy blows up his house while home.

KingD19
The guy who looks like Batman, and carries pistols and shotguns as standard gear.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
The guy who looks like Batman, and carries pistols and shotguns as standard gear. yosemeti sam ?

KingD19
Originally posted by chomperx9
yosemeti sam ?

Noooo, Elmer Fudd.

Lord_Talron
The guy who looks like Batman, and carries pistols and shotguns as standard gear. and ozy catches bullets and takes on multiple super heroes at the same time that have years of experience under their belts. this is pure spite

KingD19
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
and ozy catches bullets and takes on multiple super heroes at the same time that have years of experience under their belts. this is pure spite

Movie Ozy or Comic Ozy, doesn't matter. In the movie, he caught a single bullet, from a revolver. Big Daddy carries semi-autos and shotguns. And on top of that, Silk Spider wasn't that great of a shot. Big Daddy on the other hand was a beast...and like I said, with pistols and shotguns, Ozy will be lucky to catch a single bullet with his face.

Doctor-Alvis
While both of them treading into that comic level of martial arts, I'd have to give it to Big Daddy. Ozymandias caught that bullet because he had excellent timing and Silk Spectre didn't have much weapons training. And when he did it, it took a lot out of him. Big Daddy is not only well armed, but he won't just fire once and call it a day.

The Pict
Ozy ftw. He was bordering on superhuman, never mind peak.

khazra
catching a bullet really has no application against someone with a shotgun, let alone someone whos a great shot.

jinzin
What the....?

Did I miss something here? How is this even a debate?

Was there some sort of directors cut of kick-ass in theaters I missed or something? Because the Big-daddy I saw wasn't anywhere near the league it would take to beat Ozy.

I mean I get he has guns and that's certainly nice but wasn't that the Comedians shtick too? Because it didn't help him any (though I honestly don't remember if he was able to fire off a round before he got his pistol knocked out of his hand)..... Then there was the guy hired to take him out and he was noncholantly dancing around the bullets and bystanders.

I was under the distinct impression the only reason he had to catch a bullet at the end of that movie was because he got caught off his guard.

I mean the guy negoitiated a laser beam on scream lol.

Up close it's not even close. We had Ror and Owl who were pulling off peak human feats by themselves taking on multiple men and Ozy made them look like complete tools.

KingD19
Originally posted by jinzin
What the....?
I mean I get he has guns and that's certainly nice but wasn't that the Comedians shtick too? Because it didn't help him any (though I honestly don't remember if he was able to fire off a round before he got his pistol knocked out of his hand)..... Then there was the guy hired to take him out and he was noncholantly dancing around the bullets and bystanders.

I was under the distinct impression the only reason he had to catch a bullet at the end of that movie was because he got caught off his guard.

I mean the guy negoitiated a laser beam on scream lol.

Up close it's not even close. We had Ror and Owl who were pulling off peak human feats by themselves taking on multiple men and Ozy made them look like complete tools.

Yeah, Comedian used guns...and Ozy had to sneak in his house, and knock his gun out of his hand while he fired his first and only round off.

The guy hired to take him out...worked for him.

He caught the bullet with his hand, because he couldn't dodge it, and if he didn't catch it with his hand, he would've caught it with his chest or his face.

He didn't negotiate a laser beam, Nite-Owl didn't even shoot it straight at him, he arced it, and Ozy threw something at him, then he stepped on it.

And Big Daddy's just going to shoot him...with his pistols and shotguns. Ozy was fast, but he could barely catch that first bullet, you're telling me he can dodge multiple pistol rounds, and then shotgun buckshot?

jinzin
Yeah, Comedian used guns...and Ozy had to sneak in his house, and knock his gun out of his hand while he fired his first and only round off.

The guy hired to take him out...worked for him.

He caught the bullet with his hand, because he couldn't dodge it, and if he didn't catch it with his hand, he would've caught it with his chest or his face.

He didn't negotiate a laser beam, Nite-Owl didn't even shoot it straight at him, he arced it, and Ozy threw something at him, then he stepped on it.

And Big Daddy's just going to shoot him...with his pistols and shotguns. Ozy was fast, but he could barely catch that first bullet, you're telling me he can dodge multiple pistol rounds, and then shotgun buckshot?

I'm telling you he wouldn't have to going by on screen feats... the guy who worked for him... was hired to shoot him. no expression
He failed miserably because Ozy was too fast... just like with Comedian.

Again he was cuaght off guard when forced to catch a bullet... and he still caught the damned thing.

And while he didn't outright dodge the laser he did negotiate it.. he took it out of the fight before it became a threat. Big Daddy's gonna do better with a couple pistols?

BTW how did a shotgun become part of his standard gear? Didn't he take that outa the hands of one of the mob? Meh... doesn't matter.. Ozy should stomp here.

KingD19
Originally posted by jinzin
I'm telling you he wouldn't have to going by on screen feats... the guy who worked for him... was hired to shoot him. no expression
He failed miserably because Ozy was too fast... just like with Comedian.

Again he was cuaght off guard when forced to catch a bullet... and he still caught the damned thing.

And while he didn't outright dodge the laser he did negotiate it.. he took it out of the fight before it became a threat. Big Daddy's gonna do better with a couple pistols?

BTW how did a shotgun become part of his standard gear? Didn't he take that outa the hands of one of the mob? Meh... doesn't matter.. Ozy should stomp here.

Was the guy who worked for him a trained killer? I honestly can't remember. And really, if Comedian was just sitting there with his guns, he would've taken him down, Ozy got to him while he was relaxing, unawares he was about to get attacked.

And he wasn't really caught off guard, she pulled the gun, then she talked to him for a few seconds, that's enough prep to try and doge, but he caught it, and it floored him for a few seconds.

As for the laser, you know good and well if Nite Owl just pointed at him and turned it on, he would've died, but no, he did a slow arc, giving Ozy time to do what he does. Big Daddy has no problem with that, he'll just aim and shoot, Ozy's not dodging multiple bullets, he was lucky to catch the one.

And you can take away the shotgun, he still has pistols, which =Bullet riddled Ozy.

jinzin
Was the guy who worked for him a trained killer? I honestly can't remember. And really, if Comedian was just sitting there with his guns, he would've taken him down, Ozy got to him while he was relaxing, unawares he was about to get attacked. I'm not really sure either.

But was across the room when Comedian drew his gun, if Ozy's even close to BD he'll draw this close quarters with ease and we've already seen him dodge from distance.

And he wasn't really caught off guard, she pulled the gun, then she talked to him for a few seconds, that's enough prep to try and doge, but he caught it, and it floored him for a few seconds.

As for the laser, you know good and well if Nite Owl just pointed at him and turned it on, he would've died, but no, he did a slow arc, giving Ozy time to do what he does. Big Daddy has no problem with that, he'll just aim and shoot, Ozy's not dodging multiple bullets, he was lucky to catch the one.

And you can take away the shotgun, he still has pistols, which =Bullet riddled Ozy. I thought something else had his attention when she drew it initially.

He's already dodged multiple bullets lol. I disagree...

Doctor-Alvis
I think they had the whole "You're not a killer", "You're a dick." talk when she shot him.

Lord_Talron
1.) comedian knew ozy would be coming for him
2.) ozy would speed blitz big daddy; read the text excerpts from the comic, hes AT LEAST peak human in every physical attribute.
3.) ozy's mind is trained on the same level if not above his physical level.
4.) ozy has wayyyyy more experience and made people who would rapestomp any group of 20 guys that big daddy fought in half the time (without guns) look like untrained chumps.

big daddy is completely out of his league here ozy is more than a match for him

jinzin
1.) comedian knew ozy would be coming for him
2.) ozy would speed blitz big daddy; read the text excerpts from the comic, hes AT LEAST peak human in every physical attribute.
3.) ozy's mind is trained on the same level if not above his physical level.
4.) ozy has wayyyyy more experience and made people who would rapestomp any group of 20 guys that big daddy fought in half the time (without guns) look like untrained chumps.

big daddy is completely out of his league here ozy is more than a match for him

thumbsup

Lord_Talron
you also realize that ozy wasnt intending on killing owl, ror, and silk right?

jinzin
oh yeah.. not like he didn't have chances.

BruceSkywalker
the imitation batman with guns gets a mud stomping.. Ozy 10/10

Black bolt z

I'm pretty sure ozy was fighting owl and ror when silk came behind him(in front...I don't remember).She said "veidt...your an *******" then fired the gun.

But big daddy also had some at least batman level feats in the warehouse for what it's worth.

Lord_Talron
in all honesty ozy is far > batman

Black bolt z
in all honesty ozy is far > batman May the shitstorm descend.

JakeTheBank
Shitstorm descending in 3...

What did Ozy do that makes him > Batman? Slap around Nite Owl and Rorschach?

Lord_Talron
enhanced physical attributes and an intellect way beyond bats

JakeTheBank
enhanced physical attributes and an intellect way beyond bats

Enhanced physical attributes such as?

And his intellect really wouldn't do jack squat in a fight unless prep was involved. Even then, Ozy's prep resources would be limited whereas Bats has WayneTech, JLA, and other sources to go to.

Black bolt z
enhanced physical attributes and an intellect way beyond bats I'd call them both equal in most catagories.

Rich,good looking,smart,skilled,good with prep.But batman has the distinct advantage of pre-made well designed gadgets.

jrodslam
Going by movie versions, Ozy pretty easily.

Too fast. He easily dodged multiple bullets shot by an assassin. He made both NO and Ror look like tools in h2h combat.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by jrodslam
Going by movie versions, Ozy pretty easily.

Too fast. He easily dodged multiple bullets shot by an assassin. He made both NO and Ror look like tools in h2h combat. Ozy never dodged a bullet.The assasin(that he hired)shot his secretery and didn't actually fire at him.

Lord_Talron
no. the assassin was hired to kill him thru proxies he was intent on doing the job. spectre asked him what he wouldve done if he had shot him first and he said he woudlve caught the bullet, not "he knew he wasnt supposed to kill me for real"

Original Smurph
They start half a kilometer away from each other. Ozy won't have time to close the space, and the "assassin" had nothing to show that he was anywhere near as well trained as BD. Plus, Ozy wasn't necessarily dodging his bullets- he had to use a human shield for at least the first bullet.

It's just guns vs. no guns, in a ranged combat scenario, in a featureless environment. Pretty straight forward.

Enyalus
I haven't seen the movie Kick-Ass, but comic Big Daddy did absolutely nothing to lead me to believe he'd last even a few seconds against Ozy. Nor is 'he carries shotguns' a valid reason for giving Big Daddy the win, IMO, when Ozy can almost certainly dodge the spread.

The Pict
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

He jumps like 10 foot in the air from a standing position to avoid Rorschach.
Effortlessy picks up and throws a chair, heavy enough to knock down Nite Owl who's no slouch in the physical department himself, about 20 feet across the room.
Kicks Rorschach in the head so hard he lifts him off the ground and sends him down the steps.
Jumps the distance, again it's around 20 feet, to the the now broken chair and Nite Owl.
Picks up the comedian (a fairly big guy) without any problem and tosses him through a window.
Throws Rorschach about a 10 foot distance.
Fights them without being touched.
Catches bullets.

Theres a few more. These are all peak human/superhuman feats. I'd put him above even Batman physically.

psycho gundam
I wouldn't feel comfortable calling another dude big daddy

jrodslam
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Ozy never dodged a bullet.The assasin(that he hired)shot his secretery and didn't actually fire at him.

Yes he did. Although he shot the lady first, The assassin fired 5 shots in total and some were clearly aimed at him. The guy was just missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8aZlJzK6AM&feature=fvsr

McNasty996
I think if ozy can take away BDs guns or render them useless
ozy takes a solid majority otherwise it comes down to how well
ozy can physically manuevar himself

Black bolt z
Originally posted by jrodslam
Yes he did. Although he shot the lady first, The assassin fired 5 shots in total and some were clearly aimed at him. The guy was just missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8aZlJzK6AM&feature=fvsr Still...him missing isn't the same as ozy dodging.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

And his intellect really wouldn't do jack squat in a fight unless prep was involved. Even then, Ozy's prep resources would be limited whereas Bats has WayneTech, JLA, and other sources to go to. ozy had the resources to make an giant sentient 'alien' being without being noticed. his prep would be restrictive only to his intelligence and the intelligence of those he recruits and kills afterwords so no one is the wiser.

a fast, strong, stupid person could never catch a bullet. you would need to know a LOT of things about physics and anatomy and physiology in order to catch a bullet.

besides action moments there are text excerpts and other parts of the graphic novel that allude to his peak-to-superhuman physical attributes.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Enyalus
I haven't seen the movie Kick-Ass, but comic Big Daddy did absolutely nothing to lead me to believe he'd last even a few seconds against Ozy. Nor is 'he carries shotguns' a valid reason for giving Big Daddy the win, IMO, when Ozy can almost certainly dodge the spread.

If you don't mind being spoiled, this is probably Big Daddy's crowning moment of awesome.

I found it highly convenient that this exact video would be available in high quality.

Lord_Talron
nothing ozy couldnt do better... without guns

Doctor-Alvis
I'd give you that if they were bunched together. Since they were pretty spread out though, a gun is the way to go for a good kill time.

Assuming this is also the movie version of Ozymandias, he had good timing, and above average strength, in relation to everyone else in the movie, but other than that he wasn't like Spider-man or Deathstroke or nothin'.

Big Daddy had some killer target acquisition, and carries guns. Up close I'd probably give it to Ozymandias but as the distance increases I give more to Big Daddy.

Lord_Talron
ozy would speedblitz them

Black bolt z
Is Ozy peak human or slightly superhuman?

McNasty996
superhuman im thinking

Lord_Talron
theres several indications in the book that lead me to believe he is slightly superhuman

aristoraptor
What? In the comic book the only superhuman is Dr. Manhattan. The rest are just normal guys who work out a shit ton. I doubt they'd even be peak human. Also, when Ozy beat the Comedian, he was like 60+. When the comedian was younger he beat the hell out of Ozy off panel. Movie Ozy could maybe take this, but comic Ozy is probably toast. Beating a decrepit Ror and a fat Night Owl isn't really that impressive.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by aristoraptor
What? In the comic book the only superhuman is Dr. Manhattan. The rest are just normal guys who work out a shit ton. I doubt they'd even be peak human. Also, when Ozy beat the Comedian, he was like 60+. When the comedian was younger he beat the hell out of Ozy off panel. Movie Ozy could maybe take this, but comic Ozy is probably toast. Beating a decrepit Ror and a fat Night Owl isn't really that impressive. Comeidan never beat ozy off panel.I don't nkow where you got that.

Ozy is probably slightly superhuman.Like slightly less then t'challa.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.