popularity vs plot device

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
for example, Reed's Celestial killer gun versus Wolverine or say Superman's willpower versus Sue Storm's hyperspace manipulating ability.

which is the more powerful, the more reliable for a clear win, the more important to a victory?

Omega Vision
Batman's Right Foot > Squirrel Girl's Nutsack > Superman's S-Shield > All.

Parmaniac
Plot device, popularity more on an average base but as a 1 time event plot device fo sho

rotiart
Sg> bk>myx

cdtm
Pet character shield trumps all.

Look at Johns and Superboy Prime, or Deaths Head and Simon Furman..

Furman makes up this assassin who ends up beating the hell out of every existing transformer including holding his own one vs one with Galvatron (The same Galvatron an entire army of Decepticons and Autobots couldn't beat, and who beat up the gestalt Pirana-con with his bare hands, underwater!). Even minus an arm, he somehow manages to ground and pound Galvey.. Not to mention being capable of resisting Unicron, as he tells Deaths Head how he's the only one who ever offered him a challenge..

Black bolt z
plot device.

dmills
I'm going to go with popularity. Characters like Wolverine and Superman are so popular that they themselves have become tantamount to plot devices.

Colossus-Big C
popularity is the cause behind plot device

mideus
i dont see whats wrong with wolverine he is losing most of his fights and when he is in some team he is one of the first to go down and get beat up like a rag doll, but i guess no matter what people will still say he is overated and too popular

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
popularity is the cause behind plot device True...thanos gets plot devices because he is popular...same with read.
I change my vote to popularity.This should be a poll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.