Wolverine and Daken run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
They get 10 minutes of rest after each fight.
Adamantium and Pheromones are on.

Gauntlet:

1) Catwoman and Black Cat
2) Daredevil and Elektra
3) Black Canary and Lady Deathstrike
4) Deadpool, Deadshot, and Deathstroke. All three mercs get 2 adamantium katanas each.
5) Spiderman, Mr X, and Sabretooth
6) Omega Red
7) Gamora with godslayer

How far do they get?

Q99
Definitely stop at four.

Wild Shadow
definitely clear it.. shifty

StiltmanFTW
I could see them clearing it.

Wild Shadow
its the damn pheromones that give them the edge.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, exactly. They'd need to work together though.

Canary and Deathstrike could be a big problem.

Wild Shadow
canary isnt an issue nor is deathstrike ever truly bn to logan.. they walk over them unless deathstrike faces Daken and his pheromones dont work on her electronic brain parts and scans..

even then logan should be able to finish canary right quick b4 it becomes an issue with his son if not then i guess daken will need more then 10 min. to heal.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
canary isnt an issue nor is deathstrike ever truly bn to logan.. they walk over them unless deathstrike faces Daken and his pheromones dont work on her electronic brain parts and scans..

even then logan should be able to finish canary right quick b4 it becomes an issue with his son if not then i guess daken will need more then 10 min. to heal.

Starting distance is too much IMO. They're not going to wade through that scream of hers. Definitely not with Lady Dee hanging around.

guy222
clear

Wild Shadow
super human speed will close the distance.

StiltmanFTW
super human speed will close the distance.

500 meters? Before she could scream? Not likely.

Bouboumaster
If they pass 4 and 5, they clears. But they will work for it.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
500 meters? Before she could scream? Not likely. how strong are the effects? and i do see logan closing the distance without her ever seeing which way they went.. he's that fast..

Trackz
how strong are the effects? and i do see logan closing the distance without her ever seeing which way they went.. he's that fast.. ...no he's can't, it's an open area and I'm not sure you understand how long 500 meters is.

when wolverine is moving too fast for people to see, he is doing that in close quarters, a cheetah couldn't cover 500 meters before someone saw and reacted.

Q99
how strong are the effects?

It's a pretty darn powerful sonic attack. She can shatter metal or stun people in a wide area depending on how she uses it. Fairly regularly she's wrecked vehicles.

Wild Shadow
over 500 yards... burst of speed in zig zag pattern would make it difficult for her to aim or see him unless he stops to turn...
so he may not reach her b4 she starts screaming if we use the standard distance which is way too wide but whatever,.. but he will reach her in a matter of seconds not minutes...

TheTyrant
How do they get past Gamora?

Wild Shadow
by stabbing her to death

Trackz
over 500 yards... burst of speed in zig zag pattern would make it difficult for her to aim or see him unless he stops to turn...
so he main not reach her b4 she starts screaming if we use the standard distance which is way too wide but whatever,.. but he will reach her in a matter of seconds not minutes... might work if canary's attack didnt have such a wide range, wolverine has been hit with shockwaves numerous times, and it's not an attack he can see coming, by the time he hears it, it's hit him.

TheTyrant
by stabbing her to death

She is far more skilled than either of the two. And she can pretty much one-shot kill them.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by TheTyrant
She is far more skilled than either of the two. And she can pretty much one-shot kill them. is that why logan already beaten her?

TheTyrant
is that why logan already beaten her?

She has on-shotted Logan before.

aristoraptor

Really? I thought the only time they fought was when logan stabbed her in the stomach while she was distracted. When did she one shot him?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by aristoraptor
Really? I thought the only time they fought was when logan stabbed her in the stomach while she was distracted. When did she one shot him?

She hasn't. Wolverine's beaten her on his own, and two-three times with help during Infinity Wars/Crusades/Whatevers. She's never beaten him or come close to it.

Konton
how strong are the effects? and i do see logan closing the distance without her ever seeing which way they went.. he's that fast..

Canary has completely incapacitated both Superman and Wonder Woman with her scream. Once through a radio-device.

Enhanced senses don't mix well with sonic attacks. lol @ the idea of Logan or Daken dodging the Canary Cry.

Team goes down at Canary.

Wild Shadow
yeh, yeh... i know her F@##'n power... my point is if she will even go full blast as her norm cis.. and even then if she uses it right out the bat how wide of an effect will it have.. and logan unlike superman isnt a p@#@# he tanks and works through pain.. he has done it with sonic attacks in the past..

he has had his ear drums blown out and still kept on fighting.. dont even try to compare superman to logan..

if logan goes down its b/c he is having his brain chemistry altered by the high frequencies..

-Pr-
yeh, yeh... i know her F@##'n power... my point is if she will even go full blast as her norm cis.. and even then if she uses it right out the bat how wide of an effect will it have.. and logan unlike superman isnt a p@#@# he tanks and works through pain.. he has done it with sonic attacks in the past..

he has had his ear drums blown out and still kept on fighting.. dont even try to compare superman to logan..

if logan goes down its b/c he is having his brain chemistry altered by the high frequencies..

facepalm

Wild Shadow
just saying comparing someone who hears clouds scraping to someone like wolverine and saying high pitch noises brought him down and it will do the same to logan is not the same thing.

now i gotta start rereading birds of prey just to see what is canary's norm cis and how she fights b/c i dont see her doing what ppl are claiming to be her 1st start off attack.

Konton
I can't even make out your argument from that jumble of letters.

srankmissingnin
He is saying that a guy who can hear a butterfly sneeze in Africa from Metropolis might be more susceptible to high pitch noises than Wolverine... I think.

Wolverine's dealt with sonic attacks. His ear drums where constantly getting blown out and regenerating in Roar, didn't seem to do much to slow him down, should be the same here. Maybe BC can manage to keep her scream at the exact perfect level so that it doesn't blow out Wolverine's eardrums and deafen him but still hurts him... but I imagine in that case Wolverine would pull a Piccolo and deafen himself.

-Pr-
just saying comparing someone who hears clouds scraping to someone like wolverine and saying high pitch noises brought him down and it will do the same to logan is not the same thing.

now i gotta start rereading birds of prey just to see what is canary's norm cis and how she fights b/c i dont see her doing what ppl are claiming to be her 1st start off attack.

canary's scream would put down logan. he's not wading through it.

also, superman has been tanking stuff since the 30s. he practically invented the concept.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He is saying that a guy who can hear a butterfly sneeze in Africa from Metropolis might be more susceptible to high pitch noises than Wolverine... I think.

Wolverine's dealt with sonic attacks. His ear drums where constantly getting blown out and regenerating in Roar, didn't seem to do much to slow him down, should be the same here. Maybe BC can manage to keep her scream at the exact perfect level so that it doesn't blow out Wolverine's eardrums and deafen him but still hurts him... but I imagine in that case Wolverine would pull a Piccolo and deafen himself. thats what i am saying..

thumb up
sorry i get riled up when i hear superman's name... embarrasment

StiltmanFTW

No, she hasn't.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by -Pr-
canary's scream would put down logan. he's not wading through it.

also, superman has been tanking stuff since the 30s. he practically invented the concept. superman tanks stuff bc hes f*cking invunerable. logan tanks stuff because he can take pain at an ungodly level.

jinzin
I'm thinking 4 might stop them.... but 5 utterly stomps them.

Beyond that they can beat 6 and 7.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
superman tanks stuff bc hes f*cking invunerable. logan tanks stuff because he can take pain at an ungodly level.

superman actually has incredibly high pain resistance and determination.

Wild Shadow
http://tw.f14.yahoofs.com/myper/snOUV5idBANTacKIRXS2Yw--/blog/ap_20060911101215569.jpg?TTAIh3LBUD.atX6q

clearly. sorry i couldnt help myself.

-Pr-
http://tw.f14.yahoofs.com/myper/snOUV5idBANTacKIRXS2Yw--/blog/ap_20060911101215569.jpg?TTAIh3LBUD.atX6q

clearly. sorry i couldnt help myself.

you do realise that in that same movie, with kryptonite still in his system, he lifted an entire continent and carried it in to space.

is that not pain resistance?

Wild Shadow
i know.. damn him. even his movie version i cant stand him..
sad

-Pr-
i know.. damn him. even his movie version i cant stand him..
sad

that movie was shit.

Trackz
they stop at three, with the distance, one scream puts both of them down.

Trackz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Wolverine's dealt with sonic attacks. His ear drums where constantly getting blown out and regenerating in Roar, didn't seem to do much to slow him down, should be the same here. Maybe BC can manage to keep her scream at the exact perfect level so that it doesn't blow out Wolverine's eardrums and deafen him but still hurts him... but I imagine in that case Wolverine would pull a Piccolo and deafen himself. Superman has taken tanked screams stated to be the equivalent of several nuclear bombs going off in his head, is canary's scream phased him, it's because it's powerful and there's no way wolverine is tanking it.

RomulusX
They could clear 1,2,3,5, and 6.
4 and 7 looks a bit of a long shot.

Parmaniac
I could see them clearing it.
its the damn pheromones that give them the edge.

Mshinu
Clear if they can get past 5.

jrodslam
Stop at 3. No way they clear it.

JakeLockley
if they don't kill each other...clear it shifty

SamZED
If Daken doesnt fight like an idiot and uses his pheromones AND muramasa claws I see them getting to 5. Dealing with Elektra might not be easy cause of tp but they will take her down. Also id like to point out that Black Cat is gonna be a problem, her bad luck powers these days are crazy to the point she's beeing shot at almost pointblank and the bullets wont hit her. So who knows what's gonna happen, Daken might end up stabbing Logan by accident. 4) Is gonna be a huge problem and Logan and his sonny would only stand a chance if Daken starts spraying pheromones like crazy at the beginning of the fight.
So they might stop at 4 and I def dont see them getting passed 5. Not sure if Daken's trick will work with X's ability to lock onto his brain. Besides, Spider-man already knows what to expect from Daken an can put him down, while ST fights Logan.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
If Daken doesnt fight like an idiot and uses his pheromones AND muramasa claws I see them getting to 5. Dealing with Elektra might not be easy cause of tp but they will take her down. Also id like to point out that Black Cat is gonna be a problem, her bad luck powers these days are crazy to the point she's beeing shot at almost pointblank and the bullets wont hit her. So who knows what's gonna happen, Daken might end up stabbing Logan by accident. 4) Is gonna be a huge problem and Logan and his sonny would only stand a chance if Daken starts spraying pheromones like crazy at the beginning of the fight.
So they might stop at 4 and I def dont see them getting passed 5. Not sure if Daken's trick will work with X's ability to lock onto his brain. Besides, Spider-man already knows what to expect from Daken an can put him down, while ST fights Logan.

Good post. Always wondered why his teammates weren't affected by the pheromones.

That fight with Daken... it should be noted that he didn't use pheromones to the full effect (just messing with his vision), sheathed his claws at one point and got owned with a use of plot device anyway (electrocution).

Parmaniac
Good post. Always wondered why his teammates weren't affected by the pheromones.

That fight with Daken... it should be noted that he didn't use pheromones to the full effect (just messing with his vision), sheathed his claws at one point and got owned with a use of plot device anyway (electrocution). Do you have an example where he uses them to their fullest? I always thought blinding someone completely was the fullest cause the other times I >saw< him using them was to screw peoples emotions.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Do you have an example where he uses them to their fullest? I always thought blinding someone completely was the fullest cause the other times I >saw< him using them was to screw peoples emotions.

I think I could give you an example or two of him making a "combo"...

He didn't "blind him completely". Just messed with his vision acuity and depth perception. Parker was like a drunk geek without his glasses.

Exactly. Emotions. That's way more effective. Look at what happened to Cyber sad

Lunacyde
definitely clear it.. shifty

B...b....b...b...b...BULLS^&%

Parmaniac
I think I could give you an example or two of him making a "combo"...

He didn't "blind him completely". Just messed with his vision acuity and depth perception. Parker was like a drunk geek without his glasses.

Exactly. Emotions. That's way more effective. Look at what happened to Cyber sad I can't remember Cyber anymore "only" Thing, Ares, Gargan, Bullseye and Skaar what happend to him?

SamZED

That fight with Daken... it should be noted that he didn't use pheromones to the full effect (just messing with his vision), sheathed his claws at one point and got owned with a use of plot device anyway (electrocution). Thanks.smile
That's true, he could've stabbed Spider-man during the fight like 5 times after he messed up Parker's vision, but it should also be noted that it was post OMD Spider-man who for some reason JUST figured out he can fight with his eyes closed, while classic Spider-man knew that for like 40 years.sad This time he should be prepared for that anyway and use his ss from the start.
I remember you, me, Jinzin and Battlehammer discussed this before, I still dont think it was the generator, imo it barely did anything, it couldnt even harm Spider-man, let alone Daken with his HF, imo it was the final floor-shattering punch that put him down or more like a combination of all the attacks. It's just since Daken doesnt have adamantium skeleton its much easier for SM to ko him.

SamZED
Do you have an example where he uses them to their fullest? I always thought blinding someone completely was the fullest cause the other times I >saw< him using them was to screw peoples emotions. Im pretty sure at some point he made Bullseye doubt his sexual orientation.laughing Not sure how usefull it is in this particular gauntlet, would probably make Deadpool run away screaming like a little girl. laughing
Also, there's the vanishing act, but Spider-man managed to deal with it thanks to his ss.

Lunacyde
They get 10 minutes of rest after each fight.
Adamantium and Pheromones are on.

Gauntlet:

1) Catwoman and Black Cat
2) Daredevil and Elektra
3) Black Canary and Lady Deathstrike
4) Deadpool, Deadshot, and Deathstroke. All three mercs get 2 adamantium katanas each.
5) Spiderman, Mr X, and Sabretooth
6) Omega Red
7) Gamora with godslayer

How far do they get?

Does that mean that all Deadshot gets are adamantium Katana's? Or is that in addition to his normal gear?

StiltmanFTW
I can't remember Cyber anymore "only" Thing, Ares, Gargan, Bullseye and Skaar what happend to him?

False sense of security, then paranoia, cardiac arrest was the finisher... Spidey's heart would be fine though.

Thanks.smile
That's true, he could've stabbed Spider-man during the fight like 5 times after he messed up Parker's vision, but it should also be noted that it was post OMD Spider-man who for some reason JUST figured out he can fight with his eyes closed, while classic Spider-man knew that for like 40 years.sad This time he should be prepared for that anyway and use his ss from the start.
I remember you, me, Jinzin and Battlehammer discussed this before, I still dont think it was the generator, imo it barely did anything, it couldnt even harm Spider-man, let alone Daken with his HF, imo it was the final floor-shattering punch that put him down or more like a combination of all the attacks. It's just since Daken doesnt have adamantium skeleton its much easier for SM to ko him.

You're welcome.

And Daken should be prepared, too. Would love to see him making Peter laugh like freakin Green Goblin. Free shot guaranteed (and that's all he needs, frankly).

We did? Oh. Well, it definitely was a combination of all attacks, yep. Still, it was a factor. And the difference between Spidey and Daken getting electrocuted is that the latter got tossed with Class 10 force and got zapped stick out tongue

Daken took a direct hit from enraged Bor, by the way biscuits

Parmaniac
Daken took a direct hit from enraged Bor, by the way biscuits Spidey one-shotted an amped Griffin biscuits

StiltmanFTW
Spidey one-shotted an amped Griffin biscuits

Don't remind me... shocklaugh

Still, Bor hit harder no expression Hard enough to kill non-Odinforce Thor (tbf, that was with his halberd).

SamZED
False sense of security, then paranoia, cardiac arrest was the finisher... Spidey's heart would be fine though.

You're welcome.

And Daken should be prepared, too. Would love to see him making Peter laugh like freakin Green Goblin. Free shot guaranteed (and that's all he needs, frankly).

We did? Oh. Well, it definitely was a combination of all attacks, yep. Still, it was a factor. And the difference between Spidey and Daken getting electrocuted is that the latter got tossed with Class 10 force and got zapped stick out tongue

Daken took a direct hit from enraged Bor, by the way biscuits He can do that? I know he can mess with emotions but like make someone mad, or happy or attracted to him but making someone laugh and this way distracting from a fight, that's something Id expect from Raven.
Still, combo to ko should be an option.stick out tongue
I was gonna bring Clint as an example but remembered it was the Loebforce. Didnt he trash, Bullseye, Daken, Venom and Osborn all at the same time? laughing

StiltmanFTW
He can do that? I know he can mess with emotions but like make someone mad, or happy or attracted to him but making someone laugh and this way distracting from a fight, that's something Id expect from Raven.
Still, combo to ko should be an option.stick out tongue
I was gonna bring Clint as an example but remembered it was the Loebforce. Didnt he trash, Bullseye, Daken, Venom and Osborn all at the same time? laughing

Yes, he can. And he was inexperienced back when he did that trick (happened in year 1959 or 1960). You want to see the scans? I have them somewhere.

It's not impossible to knock him out, all right. But it'd be harder without that generator.

Bendispower, not Loebforce big grin LF is for bricks, BP - streel levelers/low metas biscuits That was one insane showing... he bought Gargan a Maxim magazine so he could sleep well, gave Bullseye a healing factor so the gunshot wounds wouldn't kill him, took away the muramasa coating from Daken's claws via matter manipulation, amped himself to Class 20 so he could overpower Osborn... faked his defeat at the hands of Ares.

Fck Wolverine, Clint is my new favorite character.

galactusischere
The stop at 5.

SamZED
Yes, he can. And he was inexperienced back when he did that trick (happened in year 1959 or 1960). You want to see the scans? I have them somewhere.

It's not impossible to knock him out, all right. But it'd be harder without that generator.

Bendispower, not Loebforce big grin LF is for bricks, BP - streel levelers/low metas biscuits That was one insane showing... he bought Gargan a Maxim magazine so he could sleep well, gave Bullseye a healing factor so the gunshot wounds wouldn't kill him, took away the muramasa coating from Daken's claws via matter manipulation, amped himself to Class 20 so he could overpower Osborn... faked his defeat at the hands of Ares.

Fck Wolverine, Clint is my new favorite character.
That's ok no need for scan, I know upploading on imageshack can be a real pain sometimes. Can you just remind me what was the context? I read all Daken's appearance but dont remember half of them.sad Was it when he was ordered to kill an old woman?

Yeah, but not THAT much harder. stick out tongue flex

laughing My bad, ofcourse Bendispower, I was thinking of Rulk I guess. laughing Man, Bullseye is another think I dont understand, he's had his neck broken more times than I can remember, Deadpool impaled him on a hook, a granade exploded right under his foot and he's still kicking.

StiltmanFTW
That's ok no need for scan, I know upploading on imageshack can be a real pain sometimes. Can you just remind me what was the context? I read all Daken's appearance but dont remember half of them.sad Was it when he was ordered to kill an old woman?

Yeah, but not THAT much harder. stick out tongue flex

laughing My bad, ofcourse Bendispower, I was thinking of Rulk I guess. laughing Man, Bullseye is another think I dont understand, he's had his neck broken more times than I can remember, Deadpool impaled him on a hook, a granade exploded right under his foot and he's still kicking.

No, it was Daken's first fight with Cyber.

There was a time when Wade's kick rocked his world...

And yet Marvel always refuses to officially give him a HF (sans that Bendis instance). "No vital organs were hit", "It was a miracle he survived", "HAMMER has a great health care", etc.

SamZED
No, it was Daken's first fight with Cyber.

There was a time when Wade's kick rocked his world...

And yet Marvel always refuses to officially give him a HF (sans that Bendis instance). "No vital organs were hit", "It was a miracle he survived", "HAMMER has a great health care", etc. Man my memory sucks. Im sure ive read it. In this case if this trick works on Spider-man (and it most likely will) Pete is screwed. Then again, X is there, I think both of them should be overwhelming even for Daken. And then they can aid Creed against Wolverine. I believe they'd take the majority if they work together.
I remember that, the stylist joke made me lol.big grin Daken did get back at him later though.
Yeah, it's just a matter of time before they officially establish that Lester is a mutant or something.

StiltmanFTW
Man my memory sucks. Im sure ive read it. In this case if this trick works on Spider-man (and it most likely will) Pete is screwed. Then again, X is there, I think both of them should be overwhelming even for Daken. And then they can aid Creed against Wolverine. I believe they'd take the majority if they work together.
I remember that, the stylist joke made me lol.big grin Daken did get back at him later though.
Yeah, it's just a matter of time before they officially establish that Lester is a mutant or something.

It's been almost two years ago, don't be so hard on yourself stick out tongue

Yeah... Pete, X and Tooth could be a formidable team.

I'm not so sure about that... they seem to have a lot of fun with another peak human character aside from Punisher that can take any amount of punishment, heal between the arcs and come back for more.

SamZED
Heh.big grin And now that you've mentioned it, Punisher is the only character that makes Bullseye surviving all those wounds seem believable.

StiltmanFTW
And now that he's Frankencastle, Bullseye will sustain twice as many injuries shocklaugh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.