Ozymandias vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Sorry if I spelled his name wrong.

This is h2h with no gadgets.They are both peak human or slightly superhuman.
Who wins?

RomulusX
Well.... He handled Rorschach and Nightowl pretty easily (both with about a 5 to 6 fighting level).

Not sure if that's enough to withstand a bat-kick though...

Lord_Talron
you guys kno where my vote is. ozy takes this, but not easily

Enyalus
Batman's a proven commodity. We know how elite his H2H skills are, without basing it off of beating 2-3 characters of questionable talent.

Batman's gotta get the win here.

Lord_Talron
watchmen has plenty of background information about ozymandias.

McNasty996
I'm gonna go with ozy

JakeTheBank
The Goddamn Batman

Martian_mind
Comic Batman vs movie Ozy is a toss-up in pure h2H.

Comics bats vs Comic Ozy is a stomp for bats.

Mindset
Originally posted by Martian_mind

BruceSkywalker

thumb up

Lord_Talron
comic ozy is exactly the same as movie, if not a little better

Martian_mind
I would love to here your logic behind that.

Tattoos N Scars
Movie Ozy was a bullet timer and had elevated physical strength.

The Nuul

The Nuul
Ozy is almost like Slade and Bane.

Mshinu
Edge to Ozy

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
comic ozy is exactly the same as movie, if not a little better It's not better but considering almost all the movie was exactly like the book it's probably safe to assume that the book was meant to look like that.

Ozy IMO for a slight slight majority.

batdude123
Batman stomps.

iceman24567
Batman via TKO

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
It's not better but considering almost all the movie was exactly like the book it's probably safe to assume that the book was meant to look like that.

Ozy IMO for a slight slight majority.
In the comic the detectives discuss how it probably would have taken two or three people to do some of what Ozy had done, like kicking open a deadbolted door and picking up and throwing a 220 lb man through plate glass windows.

I think movie Ozy appeared to be stronger and faster and he was certainly faster but they were about the same in terms of strength.

Really if you look at the feats of everyone in that movie even Silk Specter II could qualify for Peak status given how she sent one of the Knot Tops flying with a kick. And how she and Dan were easily breaking limbs with their punches.

Movie Ozy's durability is thus rather impressive considering that when Dan was super-pissed bone-breaking punches barely drew blood after five or six free shots.

As said before Movie Ozy due to extreme damage soak and superior speed could take Bats but comic Ozy gets beaten rather handily.

The Nuul
I wonder how would Ozy deal with some sonics?

The Nuul
Bats has beaten Slade, Bane and other low end/enhanced superhumans before. Oxy would just be one more victim.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Nuul
Bats has beaten Slade, Bane and other low end/enhanced superhumans before. Oxy would just be one more victim.
I don't believe he's ever beaten Venom Bane. He beats or (just as often) stalemates with non-Venomed Bane and as for Deathstroke that isn't really accurate, Slade has beaten Bats way more than the reverse and I can't think of a single clean victory Bruce has over Slade that didn't involve help or Slade being distracted.

batdude123
I don't see how people think Ozy has superior stats to Batman.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
I don't see how people think Ozy has superior stats to Batman.
Not superior. But certainly comparable. Especially with Movie Ozy. Ozy may even have an edge in reflexes seeing as Batman has never (to my knowledge) caught a bullet that was fired while his back was mostly turned.

batdude123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not superior. But certainly comparable. Especially with Movie Ozy. Ozy may even have an edge in reflexes seeing as Batman has never (to my knowledge) caught a bullet that was fired while his back was mostly turned.

Maybe not caught, but swatting away machine gunfire with his forearm is a more impressive feat imo.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batbulletblock.jpg

Omega Vision
Maybe not caught, but swatting away machine gunfire with his forearm is a more impressive feat imo.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batbulletblock.jpg
Yes and no. The fact that he swatted multiple bullets is more impressive than if it were just a single bullet but catching and blocking are two very different things.

batdude123
Yes and no. The fact that he swatted multiple bullets is more impressive than if it were just a single bullet but catching and blocking are two very different things.

Swatting away multiple bullets is much more impressive.

Omega Vision
Swatting away multiple bullets is much more impressive.
Not to mention much more impossible. stick out tongue Also his Bat gauntlets must be pretty ****ing tough because even if they didn't penetrate the bullets would still leave serious bruises or maybe even fracture/shatter his wrist.

Then again it is Batman.

batdude123
Not to mention much more impossible. stick out tongue Also his Bat gauntlets must be pretty ****ing tough because even if they didn't penetrate the bullets would still leave serious bruises or maybe even fracture/shatter his wrist.

Then again it is Batman.

smile

TheTyrant
Ozy 10/10.

He caught bullets and shit.

Omega Vision
smile
http://shortpacked.com/comics/2005-01-31-a.gif
http://shortpacked.com/comics/2005-02-18-a.gif

The Nuul
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Ozy 10/10.

He caught bullets and shit.

He caught shit before.....who was throwing it?

Thats gross......sick

batdude123
http://shortpacked.com/comics/2005-01-31-a.gif
http://shortpacked.com/comics/2005-02-18-a.gif

laughing out loud

iceman24567
Even if Ozy had a physical edge he isn't the fighter Batman is. Batgod ftw

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by iceman24567
Even if Ozy had a physical edge he isn't the fighter Batman is. Batgod ftw

thumb up

batdude123
Originally posted by iceman24567
Even if Ozy had a physical edge

Wishful thinking.

iceman24567
sad

fryTHATcHICKEN
all movie ozy got over batman is maybe and i repeat just MAYBE speed thats it, fighting skills goes to batman, durability and damage soak goes to batman since ozy was all bleeding after 5 punches from dan, strength goes to batman he did crazy things before what did ozy do? throw a man out of a bulletproof window? laughing

Black bolt z
He caught shit before.....who was throwing it?

Thats gross......sick Bullets AND shit!Thats it.Ozy stomps!

Lord_Talron
comic book talks about how ozy is AT LEAST peak human in the text excerpts

RomulusX
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Movie Ozy was a bullet timer and had elevated physical strength.

He did the exact same thing in the comics....

RomulusX
comic Ozy gets beaten rather handily.

Aside from being punched multiple times w/o fighting back, everything that Ozy did in the comics he did in the movies as well. Aside from the costume looking cooler in the movie, there's not much difference...

Doctor-Alvis
My memory is a little hazy, but I don't remember the comic versions of any of the characters having the strength of a thousand men like they did in the movie.

Martian_mind
That would be because they didn't.

The fight scene in the GN was completely different as well. Rorschach and Nite Owl went down in one hit each. Owl was pwned by a plate FFS. No displays of strength or skill anywhere near Batman.

Lord_Talron
once again, text excerpts from the comic

Philosophía
Batman stomps.

Black bolt z

batdude123
Explain.

Better feats in every category you'd like to bring up.

Black bolt z
Better feats in every category you'd like to bring up. Like?The common concensus is the ozy is slightly superhuman.Batman is peak human.

batdude123
Like?The common concensus is the ozy is slightly superhuman.Batman is peak human.

Frankly, that argument doesn't cut it when Batman has been shown to be superior in everything.

Black bolt z
Frankly, that argument doesn't cut it when Batman has been shown to be superior in everything. And how many showings has he done these in?

batdude123
And how many showings has he done these in?

Open a Batman comic book. smile

Juntai

Philosophía
Like?The common concensus is the ozy is slightly superhuman.Batman is peak human. Making imaginary consensuses is an argument now?

Black bolt z
^
Is Ozy peak human or slightly superhuman? Originally posted by McNasty996
superhuman im thinking Originally posted by Lord_Talron
theres several indications in the book that lead me to believe he is slightly superhuman

The Nuul
I guess the 12 issue limited series with very little feats >> every Batman comic since 1939.

Batman would beat Ozy, way better and more feats.

Juntai
iirc, he was written as an olympic level athlete and that it was impressive because he was in his 40s. The only thing I recall that would lead someone to believe he's superhuman is when they said it was rumored he's fast enough to catch a bullet.

All in all, he doesn't have any feats, or even theories, that would put him over Batman.

Black bolt z
I guess the 12 issue limited series >> every Batman comic since 1939.

Batman would beat Ozy, way better and more feats. No but if batmans most consistent showings say that he is peak human and ozy's 12 issues show he is slightly superhuman we have to draw form that.
The most consistent showings.

batdude123
^

So 2 people is a common consensus? Lulz.

Again, this laughable attempt at a "point" doesn't in any way suggest a reason for why Ozymandias is supposedly above Batman, especially when he doesn't have the feats to justify such a claim.

The Nuul
Read some Batman comics.

batdude123
Read some Batman comics.

Indeed.

It becomes quite clear when you have at least a fundamental understanding of Batman.

The Nuul
Bats has beaten low superhumans and enhanced humans before not that Ozy has many feats on this level to begin with. And also Ozy is NO Cap. This will not be like an Cap, Slade or Bane vs Bats fight.

The Nuul
Ozy is almost like Slade and Bane.

But lacks the feats. If there were more issues and feats then Ozy might be on their level.

Black bolt z
But lacks the feats. If there were more issues and feats then Ozy might be on their level. Why did you quote yourself?

batdude123
He has a grandeur complex.

Philosophía
Why not?

The Nuul
Why did you quote yourself?

Added some stuff to it, since I couldnt edit.

batdude123
He was basically saying:

"Ozymandias is like Bane and Slade, but not at all."

thumb up

Lord_Talron
He was basically saying:

thumb up its a paradox!

Philosophía
Yeah, this is a paradox, but not at all.

Lord_Talron
im just like god, but really not

Black bolt z
im just like a hobo.Really fix'd

Lord_Talron
ya got meh!

The Nuul
fix'd

Reported for editing someones quote.

Black bolt z
Reported for editing someones quote. But he enjoyed it!

The Nuul
But he enjoyed it!

dur313

Black bolt z
mmm

mhmm

Omega Vision
He was basically saying:

thumb up
Sounds reasonable, and yet irrational.

Black bolt z
Sounds reasonable, and yet irrational. who's the new character on your sig?

Juntai
That's Mordru.

Doctor-Alvis
once again, text excerpts from the comic
I don't remember anybody ripping the buildings apart like they were made of particle board or kicking people across the room with a flick of their toe in text excerpts in the comics.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Juntai
That's Mordru.
The best magical villain in DC comics.

RomulusX
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't remember anybody ripping the buildings apart like they were made of particle board or kicking people across the room with a flick of their toe in text excerpts in the comics.

Well, they did show Ozy tossing a 250-pound man (The Comedian) out of a reinforced window in the comic.

On top of that, he caught a bullet in the same manner as the movie.

I don't think he wins against batman, but to imply that the movie Ozy is far superior to the comic character is simply not true.

Lunacyde
Batman. He has so many more feats that it really isn't even funny. Throwing a 250 lb man through a reinforced glass window is in no way out of Batman's level of ability. Sure Ozy caught a bullet, but he that is about his only valid feat that is impressive. Also catching a bullet is stupid, why catch a bullet when you could dodge it?

I'm going with the man who has demonstrated the ability to lift 1,000 pounds over his head, knows at least 127 forms of combat, and literally has decades of feats to back him up instead of one graphic novel.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Batman. He has so many more feats that it really isn't even funny. Throwing a 250 lb man through a reinforced glass window is in no way out of Batman's level of ability. Sure Ozy caught a bullet, but he that is about his only valid feat that is impressive. Also catching a bullet is stupid, why catch a bullet when you could dodge it?

I'm going with the man who has demonstrated the ability to lift 1,000 pounds over his head, knows at least 127 forms of combat, and literally has decades of feats to back him up instead of one graphic novel. I'm just going to say this.I hate it when people say that.Your saying batman has more feats.Your implying that thats why he wins.Just because batman is in more comics doesn't mean he is stronger.Thats like saying daredevil>Juggarnaut because matt is in more comics.

batdude123
I'm just going to say this.I hate it when people say that.Your saying batman has more feats.Your implying that thats why he wins.Just because batman is in more comics doesn't mean he is stronger.Thats like saying daredevil>Juggarnaut because matt is in more comics.

Lolwtf?

That is one of the worst analogies you could possibly make. If Daredevil had superior feats to Juggernaut, then you're analogy would be acceptable, but he doesn't. However, if the above were true, then you're entire argument would be null, as it would generally be accepted that DD is superior.

In any case, people like to use the example of Ozymandias throwing the Comedian through a reinforced window as an indication of his strength. I'll give you a directly comparable feat of Batman's that is >>>>>>>> Ozymandias' feat.

Batman throws Dr. Death through a reinforced metal door that was built to withstand cruise missiles.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmissiledoor1.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmissiledoor2.jpg

The bottom line is that Batman is simply better than Ozymandias in every category.

Omega Vision
Lolwtf?

That is one of the worst analogies you could possibly make. If Daredevil had superior feats to Juggernaut, then you're analogy would be acceptable, but he doesn't. However, if the above were true, then you're entire argument would be null, as it would generally be accepted that DD is superior.

In any case, people like to use the example of Ozymandias throwing the Comedian through a reinforced window as an indication of his strength. I'll give you a directly comparable feat of Batman's that is >>>>>>>> Ozymandias' feat.

Batman throws Dr. Death through a reinforced metal door that was built to withstand cruise missiles.

The bottom line is that Batman is simply better than Ozymandias in every category.
All hail Batgod and his hidden Class 100+ strength.

Also:
http://shortpacked.com/comics-archive/2006-09-18-howareyou.png

Lord_Talron
"maybe i was wrong about that door"

thats either big-time PIS or the door was much weaker than thought. cmon, be smart, bats doesnt have that type of str

Omega Vision

thats either big-time PIS or the door was much weaker than thought. cmon, be smart, bats doesnt have that type of str
Apostate.

Lord_Talron
!

Black bolt z
Lolwtf?

The bottom line is that Batman is simply better than Ozymandias in every category. What I was talking about is some people day that someone is better then someone else because they have more feats.For the amound of info we have on ozy we have to take from that and those are impressive feats.Originally posted by Lord_Talron

thats either big-time PIS or the door was much weaker than thought. cmon, be smart, bats doesnt have that type of str This is true.Obivously the door was not that strong.

batdude123

Dr. Death is one of the smartest scientists on the face of the planet.

Regardless of what you want to nitpick at, it's pretty undeniable that that feat by Batman is more impressive than Ozymandias'.

And in any case, there's are tons upon TONS of feats to pull from that showcase the fact that Batman is superior to Ozymandias outside of the one example I used. Do you want to label all of those feats PIS too?

What I was talking about is some people day that someone is better then someone else because they have more feats.For the amound of info we have on ozy we have to take from that and those are impressive feats.

You're missing the point.

The justification behind Batman's superiority isn't simply that "he's in more comics than Ozymandias." Nobody is saying that.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by RomulusX
Well, they did show Ozy tossing a 250-pound man (The Comedian) out of a reinforced window in the comic.

On top of that, he caught a bullet in the same manner as the movie.

I don't think he wins against batman, but to imply that the movie Ozy is far superior to the comic character is simply not true.
In the movie he was kicking and throwing Rorschach and Niteowl across the room. Though in the same respect, everyone upped the ante in the movie. I was not expecting so much exposed bone when Niteowl and Silk Spectre fought those thugs.

Lunacyde
I'm just going to say this.I hate it when people say that.Your saying batman has more feats.Your implying that thats why he wins.Just because batman is in more comics doesn't mean he is stronger.Thats like saying daredevil>Juggarnaut because matt is in more comics.

You are misinterpreting what I wrote. I am not saying that Batman wins because he has been in more comics, I am saying that Batman wins because for every feat you give me for Ozy I can find multiple for Batman that are equally impressive or possibly even more so. I am basicallly saying the factual base of my argument has a lot more evidence to back it, therefore is much more sound than a defense of Ozy which is based on a handful of feats in one Graphic novel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.