Hal and Kyle vs Thor and Beta Ray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Can the ring brothers take out Thor and Bill?

Wild Shadow
no.

Enyalus
No.

Wild Shadow
they will get thunderstruck...

zvoeeq-BH4w

JakeTheBank
Mjolnir and Stormbreaker FTW.

Digi
I've always seen the ridiculous energy soak of the hammers as a huge trump card for these guys over any GL, despite the fact that the GLs are as powerful as these two overall. Just a bad matchup.

Slaanesh
Ring brothers FTW

the ninjak
HAMMER BROS FTW!
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Forum/299109143_feefd92893.jpg

Wild Shadow
your missing the other two brothers and the one who cousin thorpool

Warlord
energy drain ftw

Prep-Man
Hal has gone through people who can drain energy all the time. Depending on the circumstance, he can resist it, so I'll go with the ring brothers here.

Warlord
still Thor's energy drain has never failed as far as I remember while I have seen a power ring drained before...

Vikings for me

Prep-Man
I don't think he's gone up against someone who's will is as great as hal. Even when Thor went up against Dr. Spectrum, he didn't energy drain. It's not a regular tactic from what I see.

Warlord
he does that if things get tough...
from the top of my head he used it against the presence who was comanding vast ammounts of nuclear energy
Hal's will is strong no doubt but I can see Thor succeding...
after all he has absorbed galaxy destroying energies before

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Hal has gone through people who can drain energy all the time. Depending on the circumstance, he can resist it, so I'll go with the ring brothers here. So why are you going with them?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
he does that if things get tough...
from the top of my head he used it against the presence who was comanding vast ammounts of nuclear energy
Hal's will is strong no doubt but I can see Thor succeding...
after all he has absorbed galaxy destroying energies before

Hal has absorbed an insane amount of energy as well and has the ability to tap into more Oan energy if he wants. Kyle has done similar insane things as well.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
So why are you going with them?

Cause Kyle> Hal> Thor> BRB

Kyle is jawsome.

Warlord
Hal has absorbed an insane amount of energy as well and has the ability to tap into more Oan energy if he wants. Kyle has done similar insane things as well.

yes but the rings have a limit, a certain amount of charged energy and thor has been shown to have no problems draining any amounts of energy. I remmebr the rings drained a couple of times in the past so if someone can do it again that is Thor

Mindset
Cause Kyle> Thor> Hal> BRB

Kyle is jawsome. Fixed

Prep-Man
yes but the rings have a limit, a certain amount of charged energy and thor has been shown to have no problems draining any amounts of energy. I remmebr the rings drained a couple of times in the past so if someone can do it again that is Thor

When has Hal's ring been absorbed before the 24 hr period? Who drained him of all his energy? Because the real limitation is Hal's imagination. I could easily say Hal can drain Thor's attacks as well.

Carver9_is_gay
Either Hal or Kyle would solo

Thor just got his ass kicked by Osbournes pathetic Initiative and had trouble with Taskmaster

BRB barely defeated Iron Man

Warlord
When has Hal's ring been absorbed before the 24 hr period? Who drained him of all his energy? Because the real limitation is Hal's imagination. I could easily say Hal can drain Thor's attacks as well.

from the top of my head I remember Kyle's ring drained in Avengers/JLA crossover.
Hal could drain Thor's energy attacks but Thor has much more than energy attacks for this fight while all Lantern's attacks are energy based

Warlord
Originally posted by Carver9_is_gay
Either Hal or Kyle would solo

Thor just got his ass kicked by Osbournes pathetic Initiative and had trouble with Taskmaster

BRB barely defeated Iron Man

Kyle was KOed by prometheous and welcome back for the 436th time

Prep-Man
from the top of my head I remember Kyle's ring drained in Avengers/JLA crossover.
Hal could drain Thor's energy attacks but Thor has much more than energy attacks for this fight while all Lantern's attacks are energy based

Not all of Hal's attacks would be energy based. He's reflected powerful energy attacks before, so if Thor would to attack this way, he'd just reflect it back at Thor and Thor would then reflect it back at Hal. Kinda like a video game. wink

Hal could mess with his soul, freeze time, matter manipulation, or just plain clobber him like he did with Superman. Basing some of these feats, Pre-Crisis, of course.

Wild Shadow
facepalm2
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12780/951393-greenlantern24_009_super.jpg

Carver9_is_gay
Kyle was KOed by prometheous and welcome back for the 436th time Prometheus would defeat Thor as well

Mindset
Basing some of these feats, Pre-Crisis, of course. Stop.

Warlord
Not all of Hal's attacks would be energy based. He's reflected powerful energy attacks before, so if Thor would to attack this way, he'd just reflect it back at Thor and Thor would then reflect it back at Hal. Kinda like a video game. wink

Hal could mess with his soul, freeze time, matter manipulation, or just plain clobber him like he did with Superman. Basing some of these feats, Pre-Crisis, of course.

hmmm...pre crisis feats...ok back then Hal could do just anything. Which I haven't seen him do for a very long time (soul stealing etc...)
Let's not forget that back in the day Thor was doing stuff like that too.
My point is that hal's ring has an energy limmit while thor's hammer has been shown so far to be able to absorb almost any ammount of energy.
So in this theoretical fight, taking into account that we have seen rings drained before, i see Thor winning. we can just agree to dissagree of course...wink

Warlord
Originally posted by Carver9_is_gay
Prometheus would defeat Thor as well

why use prometheous...robin could do it as well

Prep-Man
hmmm...pre crisis feats...ok back then Hal could do just anything. Which I haven't seen him do for a very long time (soul stealing etc...)
Let's not forget that back in the day Thor was doing stuff like that too.
My point is that hal's ring has an energy limmit while thor's hammer has been shown so far to be able to absorb almost any ammount of energy.
So in this theoretical fight, taking into account that we have seen rings drained before, i see Thor winning. we can just agree to dissagree of course...wink

Who do you think wins? PC Hal or Thor?

Wild Shadow
any construct that hal makes is partly will based and energy based.. so thor's strength combined with repeated blows and a magic hammer might seem to be an advantage especially if we add exotic abilities that thor will unleash when he sees certain tactics being ineffective

Warlord
generaly I'd give any PC character the win.
They could do ridiculous stuff back then
complete invulnerability, planet juggling, etc...

Prep-Man
The ring can do just about anything as well. If we're talking about exotic abilities.

Prep-Man
generaly I'd give any PC character the win.
They could do ridiculous stuff back then
complete invulnerability, planet juggling, etc...

Kyle has done similar crazy crap. Probably MORE so than Hal nowadays.

Although, Hal and John absorbed the Parallax entitiy.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mjolnir and Stormbreaker FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.