Dante (DMC) vs. Archer (FSN)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Dante from the Devil May Cry series vs. Archer (Emiya) from the Fate/stay Night series.

Both wear red trench coats with black clothing underneath. And both have white hair. However, Dante cracks jokes and insults while Archer gives sarcastic advice.

Dante gets everything except Quicksilver

Archer can trace any weapon in the DMC and/or FSN universe, and can cast Unlimited Blade Works

BloodRain
Visual Novel right? Yeah that'd count.

Not know enough of Archer, what can he do and whats 'trace any weapon'?

lordxalba
Originally posted by BloodRain

me to

Sin_Volvagia
Archer doesn't seem to be someone that Dante would have trouble dealing with. From what I've seen, he's just a normal human who can summon weapons and shoot powerful arrows.

Son of Sparda
If I recall Archer can shoot projectiles at mach 14. However he has nothing that can outright threaten Dante.

Dante has too much firepower, far too skilled etc: Dante should take this fairly handily

Worth noting that Archer can transform into a state that turns him intangible and invisible however he can't attack during this state

Demonic Phoenix

He can copy any weapon that Dante possesses. It'll be slightly worse than the original though.
He can then alter these copied weapons as he sees fit. Typically, he'll overload them with power, then fire them off as arrows. They get destroyed after this, but he's pretty much got an unlimited supply of weapons if he uses Unlimited Blade Works.
Unlimited Blade Works allows him to use any of the weapons he has copied (the number of which is very very high, almost countless), which includes most of the weapons that exist within the Gate of Babylon (I think he has a copy of Enkidu as well).
He also has limited Clairvoyance as well I think.

Dante's outmatched. Though the OP wasn't too clear on which DMC Dante this is.

BloodRain
The weapons arnt the only thing that make Dante a threat, its his lightning bruiser status and additional powers. He can amp up the weapon but he's still himself behind it, not faster or stronger then Dante. Nothing there gives him the win.

DMC Dante would be any Dante.

danteiscool
Dante wins this. he's much too strong and fast. also if this is him from DMC1 or DMC4 then he really wins this. he's very powerful in those games.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
I am guessing not many people here know about Archer. Do I have to play devil's advocate and put in few words of support for Archer?

BloodRain
We know enough about Archer from what DP said to know the outcome. Though if there are other feats, go ahead.

Demonic Phoenix
The weapons arnt the only thing that make Dante a threat, its his lightning bruiser status and additional powers. He can amp up the weapon but he's still himself behind it, not faster or stronger then Dante. Nothing there gives him the win.

DMC Dante would be any Dante.

Ehh? You think Dante's weapons are all Archer can use? He can use any weapon in the DMC verse and FSN verse, as per the OP.
Never mind as many copies of those weapons as he wants.

One weapon in the FSN verse has an attack that can become something like a space-time dislocation.
Another weapon will always strike the heart whenever it is thrown, no matter how fast the opponent, because of its power to reverse causality. In other words, the heart pierce is the 'cause', and the throw is the 'effect'.

No one with "Lightning Bruiser status" can stand up to such shit. Even Dante will go down if his heart is pierced multiple times.

BloodRain
Well, the weapons Dante gets are the best ones in his(?) soo...

Dante's taken multiple stabs to the body in his weakest state and was fine, a few to the heart wont kill him. And he be getting his hits on Archer before any fatal damage happens. (Heart was completely severed by Alastor and he was fine) (If their not strong demons weapons then it'll do less damage)

Will one gunshot kill him?

Son of Sparda
A bullet to the head would probably do it. Problem is Archer is a casual bullet timer.

That spear would be Gae Bolg: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gae_Bolg

Dumb thing is if you have a high luck stat you can actually make it hit somewhere else other than the heart. Gae Bolg also has anti regeneraton enchantments on it. Though I'm fairly sure Dante has faced anti regen weapons and while it could become taxing to Dante overtime, Dante could probably kill him before it becomes too much for him.

BloodRain
Vid of Archer dodging bullets?

If after one stab Dante finds it as a threat he'd kill him before the second. (If he doesn't kill him before the first)

iChaos
Dante has pretty much had his heart torn in pieces.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE

BloodRain

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Since guns barely do any damage in the DMC universe its doubtful that bullets can kill Archer even without tracing a shield; most fights in DMC and FSN are won using blades, and Archer (aka The King of Blades) has every blade at his disposal.

Guns aren't weaker in DMC. Dante has killed bird-like demons in one shot in DMC2 and a pistol shot from Lady pierced his head in DMC3. Also in DMC4, Dante killed Echidna and Berial with a pistol shot. The only reason the guns seem weaker is because of the demons he fights. That's why Nero had to use a customizable revolver because regular guns aren't that great to use.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.