black widow vs batgirl (h2h)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sharky137
who?

Enyalus
I'd bet on Natasha over Stephanie.

Lunacyde
Ok....PLEASE refer to which Batgirl we are talking about here....

Barbara?
Cassie?
Stephanie?

Q99
Cassandra > Black Widow > other BGs

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Q99
Cassandra > Black Widow > other BGs

Agreed. In the future it's be greatly appreciated if the OP was a little more specific. Maybe specify which version of a character if there are multiple versions. Perhaps include the setting, gear, any specifics that would help determine the fight. I'm not specifically talking to you, just everyone in hopes to avoid confusion and have better debates.

Badabing
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Agreed. In the future it's be greatly appreciated if the OP was a little more specific. Maybe specify which version of a character if there are multiple versions. Perhaps include the setting, gear, any specifics that would help determine the fight. I'm not specifically talking to you, just everyone in hopes to avoid confusion and have better debates. Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on).

The rest of the rules can be found in The Vs Forum Rules Thread

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Badabing
The rest of the rules can be found in The Vs Forum Rules Thread

I know the rules. Is it outrageous for me to expect more than "Who Wins" out of an OP? I think not. Having a more specific OP only adds to the quality of the thread.

Also it's not difficult. I could have given this thread a decent OP in 45 seconds.

Badabing
I know the rules. Is it outrageous for me to expect more than "Who Wins" out of an OP? I think not. Having a more specific OP only adds to the quality of the thread.

Also it's not difficult. I could have given this thread a decent OP in 45 seconds. It's not difficult. The OP defaults to all current characters and standard gear unless otherwise noted. The forums have run well with these rules and will continue to do so. You can opt not to post in a thread which doesn't have an OP up to your tastes. Now that everything is settled, back to the topic.

Thanks.

Lord_Talron
its nice to know who the op is talking about. theres people like me, that thru the forums here, wikipedia, some smatterings of comic reading, etc kno the basics about a lot of characters. however i really couldnt tell you whos the current batgirl besides that its obviously not barbara

Q99
*Most* of the time when people talk about "Batgirl" around here they're still pretty clearly talking about Cass, so the forum rule isn't all that useful.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Q99
*Most* of the time when people talk about "Batgirl" around here they're still pretty clearly talking about Cass, so the forum rule isn't all that useful. true dat. i expected to come into this thread saying lolol cass rapestomps her

Badabing
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
its nice to know who the op is talking about. theres people like me, that thru the forums here, wikipedia, some smatterings of comic reading, etc kno the basics about a lot of characters. however i really couldnt tell you whos the current batgirl besides that its obviously not barbara TBOm people really shouldn't be debating a character they don't follow anyway. erm
That's maybe true for you or people who don't follow Batman, Batgirl, or know the rules. The forums rules have been in place for years. It's not the responsibility of the mods or KMC to accomodate people who either don't read the rules or aren't up to date with current characters. Personal responsibility is a good thing. wink

I've already made a call for this to get back to topic. Any further concerns that aren't about the thread topic can be taken to a PM.

vigio
dur

Lord_Talron
erm wow...

i actually clicked on that before i read it, good thing i reacted fast after that...

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Q99
*Most* of the time when people talk about "Batgirl" around here they're still pretty clearly talking about Cass, so the forum rule isn't all that useful.

Exactly. Besides who decides what constitutes as standard gear? Also setting can have a dramatic effect on the outcome of a battle. I know that in the rules it states they start out at half a kilometers distance and are in sight of each other but this doesn't address the layout of the area. Some people may be better suited for rooftops, some sewers, swamps, warehouses, etc and so on. Whether it's an open area or there is some form of cover can also greatly sway a match.

I'm not trying to cause a problem, just highlighting a way to improve the battles and stimulate better debate, which apparently the Mods are taking a stance against? Lastly I know the rules are in place for a reason. That reason should be to cover just in case someone doesn't put in specifics, not to encourage them to do so. It's setting a low bar, when we should have higher standards.

Back to the fight. Considering the rules this is Stephanie, .5 Km away from Natasha at the outset, in what I can only assume is a completely empty setting, affording the win to Natasha.

Badabing
Exactly. Besides who decides what constitutes as standard gear? Also setting can have a dramatic effect on the outcome of a battle. I know that in the rules it states they start out at half a kilometers distance and are in sight of each other but this doesn't address the layout of the area. Some people may be better suited for rooftops, some sewers, swamps, warehouses, etc and so on. Whether it's an open area or there is some form of cover can also greatly sway a match.

I'm not trying to cause a problem, just highlighting a way to improve the battles and stimulate better debate, which apparently the Mods are taking a stance against? Lastly I know the rules are in place for a reason. That reason should be to cover just in case someone doesn't put in specifics, not to encourage them to do so. It's setting a low bar, when we should have higher standards.

Back to the fight. Considering the rules this is Stephanie, .5 Km away from Natasha at the outset, in what I can only assume is a completely empty setting, affording the win to Natasha. Next time it's a warning. End of discussion about the forum rules in this thread. I've made 2 posts plus this post.

Enyalus
Exactly. Besides who decides what constitutes as standard gear?
This fight is purely hand-to-hand, if that makes a difference in your decision.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Enyalus
This fight is purely hand-to-hand, if that makes a difference in your decision.

Yes actually it makes a huge difference, hence my point. In that case I stick with Natasha simply because she physically outmatches Stephanie, and devoid of equipment Stephanie isn't a good enough fighter to make up the difference. Add in Black Widow's experience factor and it's a good win for Black Widow.

Enyalus
Yes actually it makes a huge difference, hence my point. In that case I stick with Natasha simply because she physically outmatches Stephanie, and devoid of equipment Stephanie isn't a good enough fighter to make up the difference. Add in Black Widow's experience factor and it's a good win for Black Widow.
thumb up
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd bet on Natasha over Stephanie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.