Lagiacrus vs. Gyarados

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091215110319/monsterhunter/images/thumb/8/80/LagiacrusArt.jpg/250px-LagiacrusArt.jpg

vs.

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/130.png

The most fearsome underwater monster from Monster Hunter Tri encounters Gyarados, a Pokemon with an infamous temper. Both of them fight over territory.

Of course the battle takes place underwater in the ocean. Both of these beasts can use only their physical and electric attacks.

Which sea dweller will win this fight?

Warden
Pokemon?? Really??

MooCowofJustice
How large is Lagiacrus?

The Scenario
Gyarados has a 4x weakness to electricity, but is able to learn Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, and Thunder. Unfortunately, the Lagiacrus is immune to electricity and uses it in attacks. The Lagiacrus is weak to fire, but Gyarados' only fire moves, Flamethrower and Fire Blast, are not physical attacks.

This match is ridiculously stacked against Gyarados and was meant to play to the Lagiacrus' strengths. Regardless, Gyarados' best bet is to use Ice and Dragon type moves, since those will work pretty well, if not as well as Fire. That limits him to Ice Fang, Avalanche, and Outrage for best results.

Heythere,Honey
I have no idea what Lagiacrus can do cause I'm still a noob hunter. I'd just lie to point out that Gyarados is a city buster. smile

LLLLLink
Saw this one coming.

I'd say Gyarados. Should've went with Caedeus, ugly bastard.

MooCowofJustice
I believe Gyrados has access to Fire Fang. Might be wrong though.

BloodRain
Wouldnt fire attacks be weaker and Lagiacrus's electric attacks be even stronger underwater?

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, so NemeSis made this pretty spitey.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I believe Gyrados has access to Fire Fang. Might be wrong though.

He doesn't. If this thing can use electric attacks then he wins. Gyrados is screwed in this fight.

ScreamPaste
How strong are it's electric attacks? Gyarados is really weak to them, but it still takes more than a small shock to put him down.

Also, if Gyarados gets the first hit in, it can probably cripple it.

LLLLLink
Lagiacrus knows Volt Tackle. Not really, but it's similar.

Lagiacrus doesn't really have many feats, per se. Fatalis is the closest "pokemon level" monster, but that's debatable.

NemeBro
Gyrados destroys cities in rampages.

Laggy is killed by four barely superhuman hunters.

BloodRain
Even with that his Water/Flying type is killed by electric attacks and being underwater adds to it.

NemeBro
Problem is that Laggypoo will be killed by one Hyper Beam.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Even with that his Water/Flying type is killed by electric attacks and being underwater adds to it. I've played MH3 nao, and Lagi's lightning seems too weak. The first time I met it, the time you're supposed to run, I thought I was safe when I got out of the water, and turned around to stare at it. I was wearign chainmail, taunting his giant ass, and he surprise buttsecksed me with a lightning bolt. sad

I was wearign chainmail, which weakens my electricity resistance, it did like, 1/4 my HP. This is technicly an argument from gameplay yes, but I'm thinking that with a weakness to electricity he shoulda done more than that.

>.> Just sayin.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I've played MH3 nao, and Lagi's lightning seems too weak. The first time I met it, the time you're supposed to run, I thought I was safe when I got out of the water, and turned around to stare at it. I was wearign chainmail, taunting his giant ass, and he surprise buttsecksed me with a lightning bolt. sad

LMAO

Heythere,Honey
I've played MH3 nao, and Lagi's lightning seems too weak. The first time I met it, the time you're supposed to run, I thought I was safe when I got out of the water, and turned around to stare at it. I was wearign chainmail, taunting his giant ass, and he surprise buttsecksed me with a lightning bolt. sad

I was wearign chainmail, which weakens my electricity resistance, it did like, 1/4 my HP. This is technicly an argument from gameplay yes, but I'm thinking that with a weakness to electricity he shoulda done more than that.

>.> Just sayin.
xD

ScreamPaste
NOT FUNNY sad

I had a /sliver/ of HP left. I was pissed, thought I'd died after collecting all the monster guts I needed.

Edit: annnd 110 resources worth of other junk. >_> I hope the knowledge I survived dampens the lulz.

Heythere,Honey
I'm still stuck here getting pwned by Rathalos. Its nawt fair! sad

First_Tsurugi06

>.> Just sayin.

Pretty sure Lagiacrus is actually weakest to fire by gameplay standards at least (ironic, I know, but it doesn't stop there--Rathalos is weakest against the Dragon element). He's reportedley thunder-based in terms pf element alignment. Why? I don't know, but it's about as sensible as to why Jhen Moran's Switch Axe is a water element weapon when that's what he's supposedley weakest to. Hell, the only one that makes sense is Agnaktor (basically a firey volcanic version of Lagiacrus, so he's even more badass) being weakest against water.

Heythere,Honey
In that case, Gyarados has more wins over him as he can learn moves of those types.

BloodRain
NOT FUNNY sad

I had a /sliver/ of HP left. I was pissed, thought I'd died after collecting all the monster guts I needed.

Edit: annnd 110 resources worth of other junk. >_> I hope the knowledge I survived dampens the lulz.

lol yeah it is.

2 things. (to go to gameplay for a sec) whats a 1/4 compared to other damage, comparison. And are you pkmn weak to electric or slightly 'cause Gyrados can take over 4x from it.

ScreamPaste
Gyarados can still take more than a human, which a Monster Hunter is stick out tongue Even with that weakness. A full set of chain mail has a cumalitive -1 per piece, so... -5. What that translates to, I dunno yet, lol.

That said, the Hunter is a BAMF, gonna use him in a thread. cool

First_Tsurugi06
Betcha won't use Raviente shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.