Hobo With A Shotgun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The trailer from the grindhouse feature is getting made

http://www.hobowithashotgun.com/

XLsfs2YNgAE

Picture of the Hobo

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15068

Myth
I'm happy to see Rutger in the lead role. I'm hoping it could end up equivalent to his The Hitcher role.

MildPossession
See I read too fast and was thinking that trailer looks pretty shitty and that you Myth were seeing things, going on about Rutger... but then I read again.

I will see Rutger in the actual film, yes. smile

roughrider
That trailer may be the funniest of all the fake Grindhouse trailers! I'm proud it's a Canadian effort, too! thumb up
Now we'll get this, plus Machete in September.

WickedDynamite
I'm calling it now....Rodriguez is going to jump the shark with Machete if it promotes with that Arizona propagada shit.

Grindhouse was fun...hoping Hobo with A Shotgun carries it over.

Mr. Rhythmic
Looks good.

jinXed by JaNx
The whole grind house thing was cool with the tarantino/rodriguez double feature but now it's just over stayed it's welcome. Stop making bad movies just because you can and start making masterpieces.

SnakeEyes
They're milking those trailers for all they're worth and then some now. Between this and a feature-length "Machete" flick I think they're just taking it a little too far. I'm not all that interested. It's funny in a gimmicky sort of way, but not something substantial enough for a full-length movie. There's the off chance I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i think it's funny that Machete has been made into an actual movie. I have no interest in seeing the movie as i feel it would be nothing more than watching an extended trailer but i still acknowledge the humor. As long as Rodriguez and Tarantino continue to explore their creative minds i have no problem with them stopping by the inspiration and nostalgia bin every now and again just to check themselves. I find that endearing in many ways because it feels like they're trying to remember where they came from but when other people start to do it because it was cool when "they" did it...BALLS

Myth
Is there still going to be a Thanksgiving movie? I know that was in the plans for a while.

And Rob Zombie made a song about his fake trailer now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LzSlKhsKo

dadudemon
That trailor made me lol.

It's like an 11-year old boy's idea actually taken seriously, and taken beyond just a gimicky idea.

I loved the scene where the pedo's brains were blown out for bating to those kids: that'd be a very nice way to deter child molestation, rape, and/or murder.

Blinky
"New Trailer starting Rutger Hauer is a film directed by Jason Eisener and was written by Canadian screenwriter John Davies. It is based on the Grindhouse trailer with the same name."

NzmpTG1CZzI&feature=player_embedded

Yeah dudes. Rutger Hauer is back. I'll be catching this.

Already out in Canada, comes to the US May 6th.

jaden101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=530571&highlight=hobo+forumid%3A2

MildPossession
Saw trailer weeks ago. Looks fun.

Scythe
F*ck yeah.

The Nuul
Homo with A Shotgun?

Has RJ gone nuts?

Blinky
Sorry for creating duplicate thread, close or merge, please.

BTW: I blame jaden.

Myth
Originally posted by Blinky

Its hard to blame you when it has been nearly a year since the last post was made in the other thread.

jaden101
Originally posted by Blinky

You're just annoyed cos I tore your anus last night with my vicious thrusting.

risingsun
This is something freaking awesome and weird

roughrider
I saw it a couple of nights ago - and I don't know yet what I really think about it.

I thought the fake trailer for it for GRINDHOUSE was maybe the funniest of them all. So I walked in feeling I knew what to expect.

The problem is not the ultra-violence and gore so much as a mangled tone. Things get weirder and over the top the longer it goes, yet Rutger Hauer keeps playing it too straight, like he's in the first Charles Bronson Death Wish movie. While Rodriguez & Tarantino have fun with their exploitation homages, piling in all kinds of visual cliches to spot plus clever dialogue, this effort is a lot more brutal, hitting you like a bludgeon without much in the way of satire; they do try to include some, but it doesn't stick. Hallway through I was wondering what Edgar Wright or Paul Verhoevan in his prime would do differently with this - I think they would have found the balance of tone this needed, instead of being a bucket of vile hate for us to wade through.

Maybe someone else might see this and think the film does what it promises, so why complain? I just know I felt exhilaration watching GRINDHOUSE, while this just had me numbed in my seat, waiting for it to end.

elfirrepins
Grindhouse meets Saw?

Because he looks quite a lot like the old guy from Saw.

tarand
These things looked pretty good, and some that I can learn, and I hope to learn more on it!

jinXed by JaNx
Yeaaah, this movie is the shit. This is what Machete should have been

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeaaah, this movie is the shit. This is what Machete should have been

Machete was awesome. Far frickin' better than The Expendables.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Machete was awesome. Far frickin' better than The Expendables.

ill give you that. I didnt like anything about the expendables, well, other than the idea

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Machete was awesome. Far frickin' better than The Expendables. Shit films, both of them.

Kazenji
Coming from someone who likes the Resident Evil movies.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
ill give you that. I didnt like anything about the expendables, well, other than the idea

Yeah the concept, the idea had so much potential...

meep-meep
Awesome.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
Coming from someone who likes the Resident Evil movies. Far superior movies. But then again, I'd watch a movie of Milla Jovovich taking a two hour shit.

Kazenji
Superior films.........what a laugh

anyway seen one review for this Hobo movie 4/5 starts over at Screened.

WanderingDroid
Best B Movie since Toxic Avenger. Totally kicked Ass!

Hollywood sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.