Wolverine & Sabretooth Vs. Link & Simon Belmont (Fully Equipped)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Battle takes place in the countryside of Hyrule. Link and Simon are equipped with all of their swords, whips, arrows, bombs, gauntlets, boots, masks, etc., and Link has Epona (his mount).

No Triforce, no magical attacks other than flame/ice/light arrows. Melee weapons, projectiles, and explosives only.

Discuss.

Lord_Talron
team link via quicktime events. otherwise they get eviscerated.

JakeTheBank
Belmont is at least metahuman in certain aspects, imo. He's pretty agile and strong. I think Link and Belmont can exploit their ranged capabilities enough to get a win.

Wei Phoenix
Link and Simon win.

ScreamPaste
Did I read correctly that you're allowing the fire and ice arrows?

Because the ice arrows can freeze an active volcano, and a liquid lava plume, instantly. no expression step one: apply ice arrow, step two: apply kinetic energy resulting in a shattered pair of d00dz.

srankmissingnin
Link and Simon's reaction times are the same as mine, Wolverine blitzes them. evil face

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Link and Simon's reaction times are the same as mine, Wolverine blitzes them. evil face

FAAAALLLSE. Dunno about Simon, but Link has some good reaction feats.

Also, Link, allowed all his swords, has a time stop. smile Pretty handy to prevent a blitz.

Wei Phoenix
He has a point Delph. It would be more even if Link just had his sword, or this was Deathverine, possibly change the battlefield to give team 1 some stealth options like a night time setting. Also I would respectfully suggest using a specific version of Link like OOT or TP since they're all different.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He has a point Delph. It would be more even if Link just had his sword, or this was Deathverine, possibly change the battlefield to give team 1 some stealth options like a night time setting. Also I would respectfully suggest using a specific version of Link like OOT or TP since they're all different.
This, if you give me composite Link I can and will bring up obscure and broken feats and abilities to feed my fanboyism.

Though, I do kinda enjoy having all of Link's items at my disposal. Intangibility is total cheating, though. erm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
FAAAALLLSE. Dunno about Simon, but Link has some good reaction feats.

Also, Link, allowed all his swords, has a time stop. smile Pretty handy to prevent a blitz.

They are controlled by the player, their reactions times aren't even remotely on the same level as Wolverine or Sabs. Since Wolverine has a record reaction time of around 10x human, I know he'd blitz the hell out of me, and I am the one who controls Link and Simon. evil face

Parmaniac
^ Then let's use X-Men Mutant Apocalypse Wolverine evil face

ScreamPaste
They are controlled by the player, their reactions times aren't even remotely on the same level as Wolverine or Sabs. Since Wolverine has a record reaction time of around 10x human, I know he'd blitz the hell out of me, and I am the one who controls Link and Simon. evil face
Sir, this is a poor argument. no expression By this logic Dante of Devil May Cry, despite, you know, catching bullets in his teeth and stuff, has human reaction time, because a human controls him and reacts to said thingsi n gameplay.

Also, 10x human? That'd be I guess, 1/10th of our 0.25? that puts Wolverine at 0.025 reaction time. Luckily, Link can thrust his sword in less than 0.02, yeah...

Conversely, Dark Link is a stupid quick character. He can backflip onto that crap. no expression

Edit: also, timestop.

Wei Phoenix

Come on now, let's be easy about things like this and take things more seriously or else this will be the last special thread we have. Don't ruin it or make Delph look bad please, just be civil as the Link/Belmont supporters are being.

Although you control Link when he reacts and does things in the game, you can not get past that part without doing it and you making Link do it doesn't steal from the opponent's speed or anything like that.

Parmaniac
^ He wasn't serious

my guess

EDIT: Does respect threads exist for manga/anime/video games too?

ScreamPaste
Oh, well... I've seen similar arguments against Link before in games v.s., so I jump on them reflexively. confused

Edit: Yes, there are respect threads. I was gonna make Link's, but someone beat me to it by a single day. sad

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Parmaniac
^ He wasn't serious

my guess

EDIT: Does respect threads exist for manga/anime/video games too?

I know how we work around here, Scream isn't used to it hence me asking both sides to keep it civil.

jalek moye
wouldn't time stop be considered a magical attack?

Wei Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=499505&pagenumber=1

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by jalek moye
wouldn't time stop be considered a magical attack? Not sure, actually. It doesn't actually hurt anything, but it could be considered an attack, i suppose. Will wait for Delph to make the call.

I don't think a time slow could possibly count though. >_>

srankmissingnin
Evil smilie = not serious

Sheesh

ScreamPaste
Eh, pardon my jumping on it. I'm just used to hearing similar arguments.

illadelph12
Time manipulation is a no go for the purposes of this thread. I want to keep it as simple and martial as possible, so magical abilities are out, this is just using "conventional" weaponry. Link still has all of his bombs, arrows, strength gauntlets, sword projectiles, hammers, grappling hooks, boomerangs, mask abilities, etc. Consider it a Composite Link with all of his equipment from the original Legend of Zelda through Twilight Princess, just sans any magical attacks or the Triforce.

ScreamPaste
Oh, sweet. Do I get the magic cape? 131

and when you say all of his arrows, ect, are you still allowing ice arrows? And does Link get to shoot fireballs/lasers from his sword like in Zelda, Zelda II, and aLttP?

illadelph12
Yes, Link gets Ice Arrows and the Master Sword beam from the early games. If I remember correctly I think he had that ability up until A Link to the Past.

No cape.

ScreamPaste
Well, to be perfectly honest here:

Link with the gauntlets, arrows, sword, and shield should take this. He's fast, skilled, and has metahuman strength. (chucked a thousand ton pillar on OoT with the gauntlets, which he has here.) He has range on his opponents, and can strike slightly faster than Wolverine's given reaction time. He's also got some pretty neato durability. His own reaction time is pretty good. He can cut arrows out of the air casually, and in Majora's Mask, as a child without the power he had in OoT, and after having not slept for a bare minimum of three days straight, reacted to a pair of very long and fast whips from Majora's Wrath. Each Whip crack is a sonic boom. Even from a six foot bullwhip. Majora's Wrath is capable of volleys that put Adam Winrich to shame, and he holds the current world record for most whip cracks per second. (225, IIRC, but don't quote me..>_> will check later). I do not actually have a concrete number for Link's reaction time, but it is super-human.

Before this, Link shot down Majora's incarnation who runs so fast he leaves after images.

so, yeah, things. My belief is that Link and Simon win.

Lord Feron
Going with team two. Not sure about the whole skill thing but between link and belmont their arsenal is just ****ing rediculous. I know we arent using outright magic but there are alot of items and weapons that have great magical properties that could nudge out the win here.

Too many ways to immobilize/KO T2 enemies.

I wonder if Logan can slice through Link's sheild or other armor related stuff.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Going with team two. Not sure about the whole skill thing but between link and belmont their arsenal is just ****ing rediculous. I know we arent using outright magic but there are alot of items and weapons that have great magical properties that could nudge out the win here.

Too many ways to immobilize/KO T2 enemies.

I wonder if Logan can slice through Link's sheild or other armor related stuff. I wouldn't think Logan can cut through some of the high end magical artifacts, especially not the master sword. The mirror shield from OoT stands up to some pretty crazy stuff, too.

I've rarely read much wolverine in comics, do his claws require a lot of strength behind them to cut through things, or are they just so sharp/admantium-y that they're allowed to cut through things outside of Wolverine's strength category?

Wei Phoenix
I wouldn't think Logan can cut through some of the high end magical artifacts, especially not the master sword. The mirror shield from OoT stands up to some pretty crazy stuff, too.

I've rarely read much wolverine in comics, do his claws require a lot of strength behind them to cut through things, or are they just so sharp/admantium-y that they're allowed to cut through things outside of Wolverine's strength category?

Adamantium when crossed with Ghostrider's Hellfire caused an explosion or something like that, I think Shadowcat once felt his claws when she was intangible. One of the Wolverine experts can clarify.

Wild Shadow
the adamantium density is so great that kitty can feel them in her intangible state and it takes effor to phase through it and she feels pain from the desner molecules interacting with her own.

1st time logan did it she tried to phase through his claws during training but it hurt her and put her in shock...

another time kitty phased Viper logan's wife at the time and sabretooth clawed viper.. viper nearly passed out and couldnt get up from the pain while she spasmed while kitty was holding her.. she described the agonizing pain and kitty knew right their and then it could only be adamantium that could do that..

adamantuim is dense enough to disrupt certain magic energies it has done so a view times with not just ghost rider flames which caused a chain reaction knocking them both out.. but also ba'al an elder demon in a close quarter fight with magic energy swirling all round and being disrupted by logan's claws again it caused a side effect and weaken Ba'al enough for logan to kill him..

anyways adamatium has bn shown to easily puncture energy fields from various forms from electrons, psionic in nature.. force fields..

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the adamantium density is so great that kitty can feel them in her intangible state and it takes effor to phase through it and she feels pain from the desner molecules interacting with her own.

1st time logan did it she tried to phase through his claws during training but it hurt her and put her in shock...

another time kitty phased Viper logan's wife at the time and sabretooth clawed viper.. viper nearly passed out and couldnt get up from the pain while she spasmed while kitty was holding her.. she described the agonizing pain and kitty knew right their and then it could only be adamantium that could do that..

adamantuim is dense enough to disrupt certain magic energies it has done so a view times with not just ghost rider flames which caused a chain reaction knocking them both out.. but also ba'al an elder demon in a close quarter fight with magic energy swirling all round and being disrupted by logan's claws again it caused a side effect and weaken Ba'al enough for logan to kill him..

anyways adamatium has bn shown to easily puncture energy fields from various forms from electrons, psionic in nature.. force fields.. Neat, and possibly handy. Adamantium might be helpful, if it can disrupt some of the magic behind some of Link and Simon's attacksi t may prolong Logan's survival. How do you think the adamntium would react to an arrow that can freeze a volcano?

Wild Shadow
i dont know.. it depends on the type of energy magic.. i mean logan can shrug off and disrupt certain magic and completely fail at another.. its a major inconsistency.. for instance i dont see him disrupting a god blast from thor no matter if he sticks his claws in it.. but then again he has disrupted Ba'al and elder demon god massive energy display and killed him.

ScreamPaste
Hm. Inconsistency is hard to work with. Thanks for the info, though. Is handy, and could change the course of the match a bit. If it helps against the ice arrows, how it would do so seems unclear. Assuming it negates them, it forces Link to find a new way to kill him. It'd still do Sabretooth in pretty handily though, methinks.

That said, Link has about ten million weapons I could see being useful against Logan.

Does the adamantium skeleton stop Logan from having limbs torn off? IE, are his joints reinforced as well?

Wild Shadow
his bones are bonded at a molecular lvl.. as it is part of the make up.. kinda how humans have calcium and various minerals like salts and iron..

except that his major mineral is 100 lbs of high grade pure adamantium which his body altered into gamma adamantium making it different and somewhat organic and densile/flexible without impeding the bones function..

his joints like cartilage are also adamantium kinda how regular humans would have calcium even logan's cartilage also has adamantium molecules in them.. and no he cant be torn apart its bn tried by various bricks like Hulk and Ba'al... the best that has ever happen is minor dislocation of the jaw being slightly unhinged and i think his shoulder popped out of its socket but it could never tear the cartilage in order to rip it off,,.

Wei Phoenix
Ice arrow versus adamantium is irrelevant in my opinion since it would hit Wolverine before it hit the metal itself.

Hm. Inconsistency is hard to work with. Thanks for the info, though. Is handy, and could change the course of the match a bit. If it helps against the ice arrows, how it would do so seems unclear. Assuming it negates them, it forces Link to find a new way to kill him. It'd still do Sabretooth in pretty handily though, methinks.

That said, Link has about ten million weapons I could see being useful against Logan.

Does the adamantium skeleton stop Logan from having limbs torn off? IE, are his joints reinforced as well?

His entire skeleton is metal. 616 Wolverine can't lose limbs or anything unless you remove the metal first. Something that can't be done in this fight.

ScreamPaste
Hm. Hax. So, Logan's looking at remaining whole, and his healing factor means that he's gonna take a significant beating to properly put down.

I'm still thinking ice arrow. stick out tongue

Badabing
I've pinned 2 more thread because these were recently made and deserve a shot given the new cross genre thing. There will be only one thread after this first week.

ScreamPaste
Oooo. I like this idea.

MooCowofJustice
I'm not sure there's anything I can add at this point...

JUSTICE!

Bentley
Originally posted by Badabing
I've pinned 2 more thread because these were recently made and deserve a shot given the new cross genre thing. There will be only one thread after this first week.

Bada, stop pinning so many threads, I can't even see the regular ones mad

Please? sad

Parmaniac
Who cares we have cross-over weeks at KMC smile

LLLLLink
What? Crossovers?!
Link/ Simon have this. But you knew that.

Badabing
This thread will stay open until the next thread is voted on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.