Wolverine vs Toph Bei Fong (avatar: last airbender)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Talron
ive been sitting on this for a while and i would really an intelligent discussion on this

a little background on toph:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toph
-she is an earthbending prodigy at around the age of 12 or so. so much so that she is one of the worlds most skilled earthbenders. by extention she is almost, if not just as, skilled of a martial artist
-she is blind but posses an earthbending based ability to detect even the smallest vibrations in the ground to see. she is able to detect ants and stationary objects with ease.
-unlike any other earthbender she is able to bend metal

fight specifics:
-no speedblitz
-no bfr
-toph cannot use earthbending other than to effect wolverine directly thru blocks and contact attacks (i.e. blocking his claws with her hand or causing extra damage on a punch because of wolvies adamantium bones)
-toph is given knowledge that wolvie has an adamantium skeleton beforehand.

i think this can easily be a good fight rolling on floor laughing

SamZED
lol didnt see this coming. You shouldnt have limited Toph's bending.
Not an easy fight, especially CIS on fr Logan. Toph is like DD but stronger and more durable, and can toss boulders with a snap of her fingers.

Lord Feron
No idea how powerful this bender is but I say that she can bend metal and can easily sense vibrations on the ground and stuff.

Is she powerful enough to manipulate logan's bones? If so logan is sooo fawked.

^ would that be okay to do or you want strictly blck and some kind of projectile attack.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
No idea how powerful this bender is but I say that she can bend metal and can easily sense vibrations on the ground and stuff.

Is she powerful enough to manipulate logan's bones? If so logan is sooo fawked.

^ would that be okay to do or you want strictly blck and some kind of projectile attack.

No way could she bend adamantium aside from maybe throwing it, and metal bending tends to involve physical contact anyway, but wouldn't let her block the claws or anything.

With the limits of the op, she can't win. Her offense would be limited to muscle-powered punches.

Full Earthbending is another story.

illadelph12
If I recall correctly, Toph can repel rock and metal with a lot of force and maneuver it as if she were telekinetic, so basically anytime Logan gets in range she can toss him around like a ragdoll. The flipside is that Logan just needs to tag her one good time to take her down if she's not wearing a rock/earth armor.

Good thread.

Very good thread, actually.

Q99
Originally posted by illadelph12
If I recall correctly, Toph can repel rock and metal with a lot of force and maneuver it as if she were telekinetic, so basically anytime Logan gets in range she can toss him around like a ragdoll. The flipside is that Logan just needs to tag her one good time to take her down if she's not wearing a rock/earth armor.

Rocks, yes, but metal needs contact, as it's a lot trickier to bend than rocks.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by SamZED
lol didnt see this coming. You shouldnt have limited Toph's bending.
Not an easy fight, especially CIS on fr Logan. Toph is like DD but stronger and more durable, and can toss boulders with a snap of her fingers. i love avatar, its straight up my alley smile

-----
i knew full earthbending would be too much, so i wanted to see if you guys thought she would be able to manipulate his adamantium enough to take a win.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Q99
Rocks, yes, but metal needs contact, as it's a lot trickier to bend than rocks. she has shown being able to manipulate that meteorite chunk without contact, nonetheless, it was almost contact and the OP stipulates ranged bending is not allowed

psycho gundam
no way he'll ace a little girl off the bat, but that might give him the opportunity to figure out she's blind.

after a long battle (she might not be able to ko him at all), i see wolverine getting up to speed and just jumping on top of her or just throwing a rock at her face (if there ever are rocks in the battledome)

Originally posted by illadelph12
If I recall correctly, Toph can repel rock and metal only the rock impurities in the metal (like ore in iron), the more pure the metal was the harder it would be for her to affect it.

SamZED
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
i love avatar, its straight up my alley smile
-----
i knew full earthbending would be too much, so i wanted to see if you guys thought she would be able to manipulate his adamantium enough to take a win. me too smile tbh id rather they made more seasons instead of the movies and toph with her blind jokes and occasional punching of her teammates to display affection is just awesoome.big grin but i doubt she can bend adamantium. Though with cis on she definitely takes it.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the more pure the metal was the harder it would be for her to affect it.

Interesting... Then she would prob get axed quickly. I'd bet logan's adamantium is pure Grade A metal.

psycho gundam
she's also completely blind if not in contact with the ground. she "sees" by feeling the vibrations caused by the world around her through her exposed feet, so if logan jumps, she is unaware of him (but might be able to recognize his take-off step pressure and assume he's airborne).

wolverine's ninja and hunter training will help also, he won't be making heavy foot falls. (earth mover training)

Lunacyde
Toph wins, although I don't think I understand your Bending stipulations.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no way he'll ace a little girl off the bat, but that might give him the opportunity to figure out she's blind.

after a long battle (she might not be able to ko him at all), i see wolverine getting up to speed and just jumping on top of her or just throwing a rock at her face (if there ever are rocks in the battledome)

only the rock impurities in the metal (like ore in iron), the more pure the metal was the harder it would be for her to affect it.

Toph has shown multiple times that she is able to sense and block projectile attacks. She blocked Mai's throwing knives, thrown rock attacks from various opponents, and she's shot a fireball out of the sky. If the person is in contact with the ground when they launch the attack she can sense it.

Furthermore I don't know if you are the one that said it, but there is no way Wolverine walks light enough she doesn't sense it, she can sense ants walking on the ground.

Q99
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Toph has shown multiple times that she is able to sense and block projectile attacks. She blocked Mai's throwing knives, thrown rock attacks from various opponents, and she's shot a fireball out of the sky. If the person is in contact with the ground when they launch the attack she can sense it.

Though with Mai and firebenders on the ground, she can sense the throw itself. With the fireballs on, say, a ship, she had other people doing the aiming.

psycho gundam
meh, he can still tackle her and do his claw shtick

a lot of logan's sneaky feats don't make sense, he was teaching earth mover how to sneak up on deer in the forest and touch it wiout out it knowing they were there.

and then the baxter building thing no expression

Blanket
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
i would really an intelligent discussion on this
heh

Anyway, this will be closed

Q99
She needs rocks and range. With direct contact attacks the *most* she can do is throw him, she can't do real damage.

srankmissingnin
I don't watch Avatar, but my friend seems to think Toph Bei Fong > Magneto. Having read the comments that seems to be a load of bs, I knew she was lying.

Wild Shadow
Toph was cool but she isnt any more a threat then the kid wolverine fought who stole the ironfist from danny rand..

i mean she is a bad@$$ dont get me wrong but she isnt anymore dangerous then any other mid meta...

she is like a mini jugg..terra... mixed with DD senses and fighting skills of shang chi..

actually she sounds almost like a high herald but its her personality cis that makes a difference.. kinda how cis effects insanely powerful mid or high metas guys into a street lvler punching bag..

541gq0qAlx8

also we're not suppose to post characters unless they are in comic books ..

psycho gundam
^ wow, just once clip of king bhumi in an earth bending montage... for shame

Lunacyde
At full Earthbending power and no restrictions she will defeat Wolverine.

Wild Shadow
its the same as like saying franklin richards at full power no restrictions solo'es the MU and kills his parents...

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
its the same as like saying franklin richards at full power no restrictions solo'es the MU and kills his parents...

No. I am just saying take away the restrictions placed on her in the OP and she will win. Her at her normal level in the final season is powerful enough to defeat wolverine 8/10.

Blanket
Wolverine wins easily

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Blanket
Wolverine wins easily

Your reasoning leading to this conclusion is?

Blanket
Stab stab

Blanket
Originally posted by Lunacyde
No. I am just saying take away the restrictions placed on her in the OP and she will win. Her at her normal level in the final season is powerful enough to defeat wolverine 8/10. Originally posted by Lunacyde
Your reasoning leading to this conclusion is?

Q99
I don't think with the Op's restrictions she can *do* much, so put me in the 'Wolverine wins easily' camp too. With perhaps a few small missteps at first when he underestimates her (ala Logan vs Molly), but she *needs* rocks and ranged bending to hit hard.

A better way to reduce her power without crippling her is to put them in a large super-hard plastic arena with a set amount of stone to work with.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Blanket

Assuming she has all of her abilities to work with he isn't going to get close enough to hurt her. She has near complete control over the ground he walks on. She can turn it into quicksand, suck him down, harden it again, change the ground under his feet, hit him with a wall of rock, send boulders flying at him, raise up a dust storm, hit him with a powerful earth blast to the chest, etc....there are a plethora of options she has to not even let him get close enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.