Aquaman and Mera vs Big Barda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Bloodlusted. Who wins?

Q99
Big Barda does.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Big Barda does.
Dallas?

Q99
No. She wins, quite solidly.

comicfan11
Near water the duo takes this.

Away from water Mera is pretty much dead weight.

It comes down to Aquaman vs Bard.
I think her Rod and flight give her the edge but Aquaman can take a few wins since he has defeated h2h characters that are in Barda's class.
Plus he has the trident know.

If Mera can distract her enough the duo can take her.

Q99
Who has Aquaman taken in her class?

I thought he was in the class 15~ range while she's a class 100+. Really good in HtH, wears armor, etc..

comicfan11
Originally posted by Q99

I thought he was in the class 15~ range while she's a class 100+. Really good in HtH, wears armor, etc..

LOL.
Check my post here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=375903&pagenumber=16

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99

Class 15? Nah. Even his bio (which IMO underrates his strength) says that Aquaman has strength equal to 150 Peak Humans.

Peak humans can lift 600-800 lbs or more so multiply that by 150 and you're well beyond Class 15.

Q99
That stuff *is* impressive smile

I'll still give a win to Barda (she's a quite skilled class 100+), but it does sound like a fight.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Q99
That stuff *is* impressive smile

I'll still give a win to Barda (she's a quite skilled class 100+), but it does sound like a fight.

Glad you liked it.

As for the fight yeah whoever wins has to work for it.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Q99

15?!......I'm pretty certain he's in class 60/65

he was originally and with his hook

then water bearer was around 100 then now he's not really shown much so currently id say hes back to normal stats

-Pr-
in brightest day 1 we saw what his piercing durability is, which was nice i thought, and quite impressive too.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
in brightest day 1 we saw what his piercing durability is, which was nice i thought, and quite impressive too.

quite true! im excited to see how things end up with him after what happened in BD1

EDIT: did you notice his head though?

-Pr-
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
quite true! im excited to see how things end up with him after what happened in BD1

EDIT: did you notice his head though?

meh. tbh, it's so easy to draw blood from your forehead that i wouldnt worry too much about it. his suit isnt armoured, and he was standing there tanking two machine guns at full auto like it was a summer breeze.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
meh. tbh, it's so easy to draw blood from your forehead that i wouldnt worry too much about it. his suit isnt armoured, and he was standing there tanking two machine guns at full auto like it was a summer breeze.

indeed.....i just kinda thought that it was because it came at an awkward angle.

psycho gundam
it was clear that his skin isn't bulletproof (probably bounced of his skull), the scale bodysuit was unscathed though.

mera didn't deflect a shot with bare flesh

comicfan11
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it was clear that his skin isn't bulletproof (probably bounced of his skull), the scale bodysuit was unscathed though.

mera didn't deflect a shot with bare flesh

The "scale bodysuit" is actually the former clothes of atlantian prisoners.
It's not an armor.
And Mera's suit ain't bulletproof either.
Bottom line their clothes don't offer any protection.

psycho gundam
i'm still not wrong

maybe their musculature has something to do with it *shrugs*

comicfan11
i'm still not wrong

maybe their musculature has something to do with it *shrugs*

The headshot made Aquaman bleed slightly.
But all the other shots they took to the body were unaided by any armor or external powerup.

That will probably be the standard for Aquaman from now on or at least for as long as Johns is writing him

psycho gundam
it's consistent for his power-set for a few years now, so no "harm" done there.

all i'm going on is the incident: head got nicked one time and made him mad, his torso took many shots and made ricochet sounds his forehead didn't indicating hardness.

comicfan11
it's consistent for his power-set for a few years now, so no "harm" done there.

all i'm going on is the incident: head got nicked one time and made him mad, his torso took many shots and made ricochet sounds his forehead didn't indicating hardness.

Maybe it has to do with musculature as you said.
The head has skin and bones to the forehead not muscle like the body.

Or maybe they'll retcon the clothes to be armor.
It's just the first issue.
I'm sure we'll get a detailed look at Aquaman's (and Mera's) powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.