Which is more durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
cables arm
colossus body
omega reds tenticles
iron mans armor
cyborg supermans cyborg parts
supermans eye ball

Starscream M
colossus body...duh

Scuzz2.0
omega reds testicles

it had to be done

Galan007
Superman's eyeball.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman's eyeball. its not more durable than colossus body, which adamantium can't even cut

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
its not more durable than colossus body Proof!? sneer

Starscream M
Proof!? sneer admantium can't cut colossus, Im sure it can scratch supermans eyeballs

or put it this way, do you think superman would shrug off attacks that colossus' body can withstand directly to his eyes?

Juk3n
its not more durable than colossus body, which adamantium can't even cut
it can cut, given the right amount of force

Galan007
admantium can't cut colossus, Im sure it can scratch supermans eyeballs Proof!? You ever seen anything scratch Superman's eye?

Me either. sneer

Lunacyde
its not more durable than colossus body, which adamantium can't even cut

Incorrect. Adamantium can cut his skin if it had enough force behind it.

Starscream M
Proof!? You ever seen anything scratch Superman's eye?

Me either. sneer we have to assume that superman's eye, however durable it may be, is not as durable as the rest of his body...which HAS been scratched by objects considerably less sharp or unbreakable than adamantium

Blanket
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
cyborg supermans cyborg parts
brilliant

KingD19
If Wolverine slashed Supermans face, and a claw caught his eye, you honestly think it won't hurt him?

Lunacyde
Originally posted by KingD19
If Wolverine slashed Supermans face, and a claw caught his eye, you honestly think it won't hurt him?

No, I don't. However i think either side would be hard pressed to prove this.

Blanket
Originally posted by Lunacyde
No, I don't. However i think either side would be hard pressed to prove this. Prove it then

xmarksthespot
we have to assume that superman's eye, however durable it may be, is not as durable as the rest of his body... Why?

Colossus-Big C
the human eye containes no muscles bones or organs ,-It logically should be less durable than your body

Black bolt z
the human eye containes no muscles bones or organs ,-It logically should be less durable than your body Logically a good comic does not make.

Omega Vision
the human eye containes no muscles bones or organs ,-It logically should be less durable than your body
But Superman > Colossus so it follows that Superman's eye would be > Colossus's body shifty

xmarksthespot
the human eye containes no muscles bones or organs ,-It logically should be less durable than your body The human eye is an organ and does contain some muscular tissue.

What relevance does that have to Superman?

Blanket
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The human eye is an organ and does contain some muscular tissue.

What relevance does that have to Superman?

Plus, how would having organs in it make it more durable?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blanket
Plus, how would having organs in it make it more durable? More tissue to cut through.This is a case of comic logic vs. RL logic.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Black bolt z
More tissue to cut through.This is a case of comic logic vs. RL logic. The idea in physiology is generally to protect organs with skin and the musculoskeletal system... rather than use them as a shield for other organs... ermm

Colossus-Big C
The idea in physiology is generally to protect organs with skin and the musculoskeletal system... rather than use them as a shield for other organs... ermm Whoops, someone just made up a word whistle

Blanket
Whoops, someone just made up a word whistle There's a searchbar at the top of your browser I suspect. Use it on words before you make an ass of yourself.

Lunacyde
Prove it then

I just said anyone would be hard pressed to actually prove it either way.

I am only talking logically speaking it would take more force than Wolverine can produce to hurt Superman....even if it's his eye.

Blanket
I just said anyone would be hard pressed to actually prove it either way.

I am only talking logically speaking it would take more force than Wolverine can produce to hurt Superman....even if it's his eye. So why bring up 'proof', if we're allowed to just insert our opinions into the mix?

Galan007
^ Cuz it's fun. Duh. uhuh

Lunacyde
So why bring up 'proof', if we're allowed to just insert our opinions into the mix?

Well normally I would say proof is necessary, but in this special situation I don't think there is any proof, so all we can depend on is logic.

galactusischere
Colossus.

Omega Vision
Cyborg Superman with Apokoliptian Metal would be > Colossus most likely.

Blanket
Well normally I would say proof is necessary, but in this special situation I don't think there is any proof, so all we can depend on is logic. Right. Make up the rules as we go, I see.

cdtm

Why would it?

It's not just about the tool, it's about the force put behind it..

Or put another way, you honestly don't think Colossus would be bothered by a thumb to the eye from Wonder Woman, as Superman was?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by cdtm
Why would it?

Or put another way, you honestly don't think Colossus would be bothered by a thumb to the eye from Wonder Woman, as Superman was? physical resistance and piercing resistant is not the same.

a diamond is incredibly hard to cut but can be smashed easily

cdtm
Anyways, no Hulks Pants?

KingD19
Why would it?

Or put another way, you honestly don't think Colossus would be bothered by a thumb to the eye from Wonder Woman, as Superman was?

Well if you want to argue semantics, Kryptonians are essentially human(with a few unknown purpose organs), who gain powers in yellow sunlight. Despite Supes durability, his eyes are still much weaker than his skin/bones/muscles.

Colossus on the other hand is organic metal throughout, his eyes included, so maybe he would be as bothered, maybe he wouldn't.

But to say that a slash, stab to the eye wouldn't damage him at all is just....ughh.

Let's not forget, bone claw Wolverine sliced Thanos smile (Waits for Quanchi to magically appear)

Blanket
a diamond is incredibly hard to cut but can be smashed easily that doesn't sound right...

Starscream M
The human eye is an organ and does contain some muscular tissue.

What relevance does that have to Superman? superman's physiology is similar to humans...although on a whole other level

hence his bones >>> his skin >>> his eyes

cdtm
So why bring up 'proof', if we're allowed to just insert our opinions into the mix?

True enough.

Basically, as there isn't any way to prove whether Superman can take a Wolverine claw to the eye (DC's closest equivilant metal is only comparable to secondary Adamantium..) this debate hinges on proving that Supermans eye is significantly less durable than not only his body, but than characters Wolverine has failed to cut before.

We ARE in agreement that he can tank a Wolvie claw to the body, right?

KingD19
superman's physiology is similar to humans...although on a whole other level

hence his bones >>> his skin >>> his eyes

You know it's not Superman himself that's durable, it's that skin-tight energy field that allows him to fly through space unaided, and pick up huge objects without them crumbling under their own weight.

And yeah CD, we all know he can tank one to the body.

-K-M-
There's a searchbar at the top of your browser I suspect. Use it on words before you make an ass of yourself.

haha *tips his hat*

Lunacyde
Right. Make up the rules as we go, I see.

I'm sorry are you trying to get at something with your comments?

Omega Vision
I'm sorry are you trying to get at something with your comments?
He's trying to get at your pants.

Blanket
I'm sorry are you trying to get at something with your comments? Observations on the irony.

Starscream M
You know it's not Superman himself that's durable, it's that skin-tight energy field that allows him to fly through space unaided, and pick up huge objects without them crumbling under their own weight.

And yeah CD, we all know he can tank one to the body. actually even without the bioaura superman is extremely durable

Colossus-Big C
with out the bioaura hes human durability

Blanket
with out the bioaura hes human durability Seems like your job to say stupid stuff.

cdtm
Makes you wonder how Cap's durability works (Yeah, it's magic, but is his body protected by some magic aura or is it simply that durable?), and if his eyes are more durable than Supes eyes...

Edited: Thinking it over, Cap survived being turned inside out thanks to magic.

I guess that means he has more "complete" overall durability than Supes...

Starscream M
with out the bioaura hes human durability lol doomsday would've killed him 10x over if that were the case

KingD19
actually even without the bioaura superman is extremely durable

So the aura is like added protection? Guess you learn something new every day.

cdtm
So the aura is like added protection? Guess you learn something new every day.

To be fair, I believe this is all "Bryne era" stuff.

Not sure if the aura's been mentioned in recent history, after all the new origin stories..

KingD19
To be fair, I believe this is all "Bryne era" stuff.

Not sure if the aura's been mentioned in recent history, after all the new origin stories..

Well, it has to still be in place, otherwise how could they explain him picking up something that weighs a few hundred tons, and it doesn't collapse under the strain of it's own weight.

Johnny Sorrow
Well, it has to still be in place, otherwise how could they explain him picking up something that weighs a few hundred tons, and it doesn't collapse under the strain of it's own weight.

Every brick in Marvel and DC lifts ridiculously large structures at some point.

Starscream M
So the aura is like added protection? Guess you learn something new every day. yep. remember when superman 'died' during the Doomsday saga, doctors broke their instruments trying to pierce his skin.

cdtm

Majestics done the same thing though, and he doesn't have an aura. That's why he invented those gloves (Which he wasn't wearing when he caught that building in the Supes/Majestic crossover..)

KingD19
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Every brick in Marvel and DC lifts ridiculously large structures at some point.

Yeah, but they specifically noted that about Superman, why would they remove it?

Omega Vision
Seems like your job to say stupid stuff.
Has he replaced Quan as the stooge of the forum?

cdtm
yep. remember when superman 'died' during the Doomsday saga, doctors broke their instruments trying to pierce his skin.

And they had to expose him to Kryptonite to apply stitches after digging a green K bullet out of his skin... Back against the first Bloodsport.

Although there's been many other examples where even exposed to Green K, Supes was still strong and tough...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.