WW3 Black Adam Vs. Nova Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Battle takes place in an earth sized planet. They have the whole planet at their disposal to use against each other.

Warlord
Adam is a league higher IMO

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
Adam is a league higher IMO

how much higher?

Warlord
to the point that he could win a healthy 7/10

celeyhyga17
is it the durability that separates them?

Warlord
physical stats in general.
Nova has soem nice tricks based on energy manipulation and worldmind but Adam is above him in the physical department.
Plus he is more ruthless and a better fighter

dmills
I don't agree that Black Adam is the better fighter, but ditto on the physical stats. Nova should be a upper tier class 100+ considering that an average centurian is a 20 tonner and Nova Prime is supposedly thousands of times more powerful then a centurian. However, Nova seems to hang out around the low to mid tier class 100+ along with Wonder Man, She Hulk and Colossus. But unlike them, he can amp his power level.

What works in Nova's favor is that gravity manipulators like him, Graviton or Gravity have a huge advantage over most strength based characters because gravity >>> strength. Nova in particular, because of the Nova Force and more importantly, the World Mind, is able to manipulate gravity in much more subtle ways then even Graviton. He is able to bend, weave and shape gravity in ways that high level gravity manipulators can't easily replicate, i.e. converting pure gravity into gravimetric energy or opening a stargate to precisely the location he wants to go. He can even use a person's own mass against them to turn them into a stargate (Sphinx) or bfr them into a hostile enviornment (Mindless ones, Ego). When properly used the Nova Force can even allow a low level centurian to incapacitate a person much more powerful then them because of gravity manipulation (Robbie vs Xenith).

Nova's speed and durability are as good as anybodies. He has also recently undergone a sort of soft retcon of sorts. At first DnA were writing Nova as having all of the Nova Force contained within him. You saw various scenarios with him being weakend and only having 17% of the Nova Force etc. But over time, (and a lot of annoyance from die hard Nova fans) they began to realize the inconsistancy of that approach. The Nova Force is a near infinite energy source used for various purposes, so how can Nova have only 17% etc? So now the way it works is levels of access. The WM allows a certain level of access to Nova Milleniums (which is what Robbie and others were down graded to). More access is allowed to Centurian level Nova's like Philo. The Nova Prime is allowed full unlimited access. This is why we no longer see Nova use terms like "I need full power to both hands", and instead saying "Worldmind, give me what you can spare, tight focus", and then blasting the hell out of whatever. In other words the Nova Prime gets what ever amount of Nova Force he needs to get the job done. It's just a matter of how smart he is with it.

Nova 6/10

BattleMage
Originally posted by dmills
I don't agree that Black Adam is the better fighter, but ditto on the physical stats. Nova should be a upper tier class 100+ considering that an average centurian is a 20 tonner and Nova Prime is supposedly thousands of times more powerful then a centurian. However, Nova seems to hang out around the low to mid tier class 100+ along with Wonder Man, She Hulk and Colossus. But unlike them, he can amp his power level.

What works in Nova's favor is that gravity manipulators like him, Graviton or Gravity have a huge advantage over most strength based characters because gravity >>> strength. Nova in particular, because of the Nova Force and more importantly, the World Mind, is able to manipulate gravity in much more subtle ways then even Graviton. He is able to bend, weave and shape gravity in ways that high level gravity manipulators can't easily replicate, i.e. converting pure gravity into gravimetric energy or opening a stargate to precisely the location he wants to go. He can even use a person's own mass against them to turn them into a stargate (Sphinx) or bfr them into a hostile enviornment (Mindless ones, Ego). When properly used the Nova Force can even allow a low level centurian to incapacitate a person much more powerful then them because of gravity manipulation (Robbie vs Xenith).

Nova's speed and durability are as good as anybodies. He has also recently undergone a sort of soft retcon of sorts. At first DnA were writing Nova as having all of the Nova Force contained within him. You saw various scenarios with him being weakend and only having 17% of the Nova Force etc. But over time, (and a lot of annoyance from die hard Nova fans) they began to realize the inconsistancy of that approach. The Nova Force is a near infinite energy source used for various purposes, so how can Nova have only 17% etc? So now the way it works is levels of access. The WM allows a certain level of access to Nova Milleniums (which is what Robbie and others were down graded to). More access is allowed to Centurian level Nova's like Philo. The Nova Prime is allowed full unlimited access. This is why we no longer see Nova use terms like "I need full power to both hands", and instead saying "Worldmind, give me what you can spare, tight focus", and then blasting the hell out of whatever. In other words the Nova Prime gets what ever amount of Nova Force he needs to get the job done. It's just a matter of how smart he is with it.

Nova 6/10 LOL

Nihilist
Adam wrecks him.

Nova had to mess with that Gladiator chicks head to stand a chance in a fight, Martian Manhunter tried the same approach against Teh and it didnt go well at all.

psycho gundam
black adam put him down eventually

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam
black adam put him down eventually How? Can he throw a punch harder then Galactus's "herald my rage" blast?

dmills
@Nihilist,

Not really. That was just the avenue he decided to take once he found out that his brother was alive. Nice quick and clean. Outside of her durability Xentith is really no match for Nova.

Gecko4lif
How? Can he throw a punch harder then Galactus's "herald my rage" blast?
Oh im sorry when exactly did nova tank that?

carver9
@Nihilist,

Not really. That was just the avenue he decided to take once he found out that his brother was alive. Nice quick and clean. Outside of her durability Xentith is really no match for Nova.

And what makes you think she isnt a match for him.

Isnt this the same girl that was stomping annihilus?

He really didnt have a way of beating her outside of messing with her powers.

She was above him.

dmills
@ Gecko4lif,

It when Galactus unleashed. Nova was right there with Annihilus in the heart of the blast. Annihilus was suprised go see that Nova survived, then they went toe to toe.

dmills
@ carver 9,

Oh come on man, he was toying with her! He was reading while she was punching him for goodness sake!

She never fought Annihilus.

You should know better then to debate me on this!stick out tongue

dmills
Originally posted by BattleMage
LOL Leader of losers?
Lot's of lossage?
Likes obscene links?
Likes obese lesbos?

carver9
@ carver 9,

Oh come on man, he was toying with her! He was reading while she was punching him for goodness sake!

She never fought Annihilus.

You should know better then to debate me on this!stick out tongue

It seemed like both of them was toying around and I didnt mean annihilus, my bad.

LOL, you are good when it comes to Nova but I think you overrate him sometimes (even though he is powerful as hell).

dmills
@ Carver 9,

You probably meant Ravenous.
Perhaps I do overrate him, I'm certainly alone in picking him in battles often enough! laughing out loud But on the flipside, perhaps Nova is very underrated here. wink

Gecko4lif
@ Gecko4lif,

It when Galactus unleashed. Nova was right there with Annihilus in the heart of the blast. Annihilus was suprised go see that Nova survived, then they went toe to toe.

So barely surviving = tanking now

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
So barely surviving = tanking now

that is pretty impressive nonetheless. i dont remember how it went though. i gotta go back reread some issues. =P

Blanket
How? Can he throw a punch harder then Galactus's "herald my rage" blast? I wasn't aware Nova always hid behind his most powerful shields.

celeyhyga17
i see BA winning for a slight majority. i feel he has the durability edge.

dmills
@ Gecko4lif

I never said "tanked it". But since you brought it up, yeah he pretty much did, although I'm pretty sure he shielded himself. Which is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

Bentley
Black Adam stomps.

Nova cannot beat an stronian in straight combat and Teth has similar status. He'd need to bring his A-game to compete with regular Black Adam, a more powerful version should take this handily.

dmills
@blanket,

That's pure conjecture. We don't know if it was his most powerful shield. Are you implying he'd need his most powerful shield to take a Black Adam punch?

Blanket
@blanket,

That's pure conjecture. We don't know if it was his most powerful shield. Are you implying he'd need his most powerful shield to take a Black Adam punch? K. Guess Nova's normal shields can tank an attack that weakened Annihilus in a ship, and that killed a Watcher...

No. I was just implying that he's not going to use the same quality, and isn't going to hide behind them... because he never does.

dmills
@bentley,

So we should just ignore the full spectrum of Nova's powers?

dmills
Ok. I see that I'm swimming against the tide with this one (as usual). But let me ask you guy's this. If a thread entitled "Hero X vs Blank Man" was created and a detailed description of the full powers and abilities of both heroes was provided, one corresponding to Black Adam, the other to Nova Prime. How many of you would honestly pick the Black Adam powerset over the Nova power set?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Bentley
Black Adam stomps.

Nova cannot beat an stronian in straight combat and Teth has similar status. He'd need to bring his A-game to compete with regular Black Adam, a more powerful version should take this handily. thumb up Nova doesnt stand a chance.

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up Nova doesnt stand a chance. We both know where you stand regarding Nova so your opinion is about as useful as a peso in Vegas.

dmills
Whoops. I forgot that I promised wildshadow that I'll be nice from now on. Sorry Nihilist. What I meant to say was that your uninformed and biased opinion is dismissed. Respectfully of course.

D_Dude1210
Nova is one of my favorite characters (if not THE) and I have been collecting every single issue and appearance he's had since Annihilation.

That said, he loses this one.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Nova is one of my favorite characters (if not THE) and I have been collecting every single issue and appearance he's had since Annihilation.

That said, he loses this one.

Nova fan here as well, but Adam seems more "invulnerable".

carver9
I think Nova would go down fighting and I could see him injuring Adam badly but he is losing this.

Bentley
@bentley,

So we should just ignore the full spectrum of Nova's powers?

He almost never uses his power in a level that would bother Black Adam -let's not forget this is an strongest version-. His opponent doesn't have any particular weakness to exploit and with speed, uber strength and magical lightning would eventually pierce through Nova's defense.

If you really think Nova can win, you surelly don't talk about physical combat since that's how BA wins this. How can he take this?

Philosophía
Black Adam rips his head off.

jungleman
WW3 Black Adam rapes him

dmills
@bentley,

Fair enough. Obviously Black Adam is physically stronger. Nova could amp to match him, but he hasn't shown that level of strength on panel yet so I won't speculate. But he is class 100+ on normal levels.

Nova's durability is top notch, right up there with the Hulk and such. But his grav shields make him damned near invulnerable, as evidenced by him taking the Galactus solar system destroying blast easily. BA would have to get past that first. Nova obviously would make use of his ranged attacks. Then he could open a stargate in Adams head. He has been downed in a similar manner before.

CosmicComet
Nova is criminally underrated here.

Warlord
he is but still he is not Adam's level

dmills
edit

Bentley
I'd like to see the scans of Adam being knocked down by a stargate. I agree that Nova has admirable defenses, but he cannot posibly win this battle just shielding himself with BA's uncanny stamina.

Nihilist
We both know where you stand regarding Nova so your opinion is about as useful as a peso in Vegas. Originally posted by dmills
Whoops. I forgot that I promised wildshadow that I'll be nice from now on. Sorry Nihilist. What I meant to say was that your uninformed and biased opinion is dismissed. Respectfully of course.

And we both know you ride Nova's cock hard.

Dick Rider has never shown he can handle guys like Adam in 1 v 1 battle without bfr.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by jungleman
WW3 Black Adam rapes him

Doubt it.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Warlord
he is but still he is not Adam's level Nova not that far off and is gradually gaining better feats in his upcoming roles.

I'm all for Adam now, Blanket stroke me well, Nova amazing moments revolves around defense or lucky tongue pull.

dmills
@Nihilist,

"Ride cock hard"
"Dick rider"

Sounds like someone woke up with a bad case of morning wood. You naughty naughty boy.

the ninjak
Nova holds BA down using gravity until the WorldMind conjures something up to gut Adam with.

Bentley
@Nihilist,

"Ride cock hard"
"Dick rider"

Sounds like someone woke up with a bad case of morning wood. You naughty naughty boy.

Guys, don't make me backseat mod, I don't want to issue myself a warning uhuh

dmills
Guys, don't make me backseat mod, I don't want to issue myself a warning. laughing out loud

Black bolt z
WW3BA wins.

dmills
Originally posted by Black bolt z
WW3BA wins. So he survives the stargate ignition in his head?

Johnny Sorrow
So he survives the stargate ignition in his head?

Yup. He'll be in bad fighting condition afterwards.

JakeTheBank
I could be wrong about this, but I could have sworn I read a comic where they actually attempted to attack Adam's brain and said it was just as invulnerable as the rest of his body.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I could be wrong about this, but I could have sworn I read a comic where they actually attempted to attack Adam's brain and said it was just as invulnerable as the rest of his body.

It occureed during 52. Morrow opened up a football field-sized space in his brain. He survived, but he couldn't fight back.

cdtm

Nova 6/10

Interesting..

Thinking about how Superman was completely helpless against a group of New Gods because of their ability to tap into "Heavy mass galaxies", pinning him with heavy gravity...

Gravity manipulation can be a killer power...

cdtm
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
It occureed during 52. Morrow opened up a football field-sized space in his brain. He survived, but he couldn't fight back.

It knocked him out.

Which I guess proves his brain is pretty invulnerable.

Massive PIS on being able to pinpoint a moving target that small though, even if he's not using his super speed (I mean, it's not like Morrow is using the power internally like Sue Richards, so it should've been more complicated than pointing and shooting...

dmills
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Yup. He'll be in bad fighting condition afterwards. Was/is it a fight stopper?

Johnny Sorrow
Was/is it a fight stopper?

It should be. Nova is smart enough to capitalize on it. But he probably won't do it in character.

dmills
He's used stargates as an offensive manuver at least 3 times on panel. Once to Ego, once to uber Sphinx and once to destroy 100 Kree Sentinals. Each time was successful.

Johnny Sorrow
He's used stargates as an offensive manuver at least 3 times on panel. Once to Ego, once to uber Sphinx and once to destroy 100 Kree Sentinals. Each time was successful.

The Sphinx was threatening all of reality, and Ego had cannibalized Worldwind and the Nova Force. I don't recall the last one. But with the first two, the stakes were much higher than a single death. I don't think Nova needs to result to that to win.

dmills
It was when Ego was "dead" and they were using him as Nu-Xandar. He came back to life pissed. Nova Stargated several Mindless Ones into his cerebrium(?) cortex. Nova # 30 or 31 iirc.

Johnny Sorrow
It was when Ego was "dead" and they were using him as Nu-Xandar. He came back to life pissed. Nova Stargated several Mindless Ones into his cerebrium(?) cortex. Nova # 30 or 31 iirc.

The Kree Sentinel one. Were they controlled by the Phalanx then?

dmills
Yep.

celeyhyga17

I keep thinking BA because he may be more "invulnrable", but u are making good points. Three offensives using stargates is a pretty common occurence since his series hasn't been that long lived.

Black bolt z
What are some black adam feats?

dmills
From what I could gather, basically ignored Superman's best shots, nearly solo'd the JLA and fought Superboy prime to a standstill. But that's only what I could find online. I don't know the context.

Black bolt z
From what I could gather, basically ignored Superman's best shots, nearly solo'd the JLA and fought Superboy prime to a standstill. But that's only what I could find online. I don't know the context. Context doesn't matter much with feats like those.

cdtm
From what I could gather, basically ignored Superman's best shots, nearly solo'd the JLA and fought Superboy prime to a standstill. But that's only what I could find online. I don't know the context.

He soloed the JSA, including busting out of Alan Scott's restraints and one shotting Powergirl, and had an edge on Superman.

Wouldn't say he ignored his shots though.. Superman was definitely having an effect. It's just, Adam was clearly not attempting to fight while Supes was going all out, and Adam just looked better. Maybe you're confusing the Adam/Superman fight with the Adam/Superboy Prime fight, where SP ignored five or six of Adams best punches, and knocks him away.

Johnny Sorrow

He never fought SBP to a standstill. Adam hit him in the face, Prime laughed, and knocked him away from the Multiversal tower. Then Adam disappeared into Earth-S, and reappeared when the tower went busto.

Also, he didn't solo the entire JSA. He took down a lot of the weaker members. I don't believe he "one-shot" Power Girl either. He smacked her away; it didn't show her unconsciously afterwards.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by cdtm
He soloed the JSA, including busting out of Alan Scott's restraints and one shotting Powergirl, and had an edge on Superman.

Wouldn't say he ignored his shots though.. Superman was definitely having an effect. It's just, Adam was clearly not attempting to fight while Supes was going all out, and Adam just looked better. Maybe you're confusing the Adam/Superman fight with the Adam/Superboy Prime fight, where SP ignored five or six of Adams best punches, and knocks him away. Is BA high hrald or skyfather level?

cdtm
No way is he skyfather level.

He's more like Captain Marvel and a half, give or take... Superman and Marvel are tough enough to stand up to him, but Adam's just a little tougher, and doesn't hold back...

celeyhyga17
Is BA high hrald or skyfather level?

i'd say a strong mid herald???

Bentley
BA cannot do squat against Superboy Prime, just in case that comes up again.

celeyhyga17
BA cannot do squat against Superboy Prime, just in case that comes up again.

yeah he can!!!
he tickled him, remember?

Nihilist
That wasn't ww3 Adam that fought Prime

celeyhyga17

aww your no fun. i was being sarcastic.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
aww your no fun. i was being sarcastic. You expected a sense of humor from a person called "Nihilist"? stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
i'd say a strong mid herald???

Personally, I always felt that Marvel and Adam alike were High Herald based on their feats such as consistently matching Superman in strength. Probably not elite High Herald like Surfer or Thor, but High Herald nonetheless.

Bentley

Yeah, nobody would've noticed Adam going berserk if Prime was around during WW3 g_grin

Prep-Man
What are some black adam feats?

Took on the JSA twice. Non WW 3, BTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.