Ronan vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Ronan has come to an isolated planet to pass judgment on Gamora on behalf of the Kree empire for her assassination of a political figure.

Gamora aint too pls and doesnt go quietly to her judgment..

fight takes place on one of the Brood homeworlds in a giant isolate canyon..

Gamora
intro Song:
not meant for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biBq6iSvJyA&feature=related
slept so long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_14gpfhLE

vs

Ronan
Intro Song:
renegade -styx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4
Sabotage - beastie boys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkw0e0Jcn9A&feature=channel

wind blowing between the two as they stare at each other in a cowboy style stand off... 50 yards apart each waiting for the other to make the 1st move.. both knowing the only way this ends is by killing the other,.. one transport ship in the distance waiting for the winner of this fight.

imagine riddick ice planet but instead its a desert planet from the movie intro and its gamora instead of riddick

jinzin
Ronan couldn't beat her before, he has no chance here.

Mindset
Wolverine wins.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine wins. pls be serious., i hate to report you for trolling. wink

Mindset
This thread will eventually be about Wolverine, I'm being proactive.

I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

jinzin
punk

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jinzin
Ronan couldn't beat her before, he has no chance here. but, this time he has motivating music and a riddick feel to the background how could he not win?

King Castle
bumpity bump

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Mindset
This thread will eventually be about Wolverine, I'm being proactive.

I'm sorry if you can't handle that. thumb up

Also been done before.

Unless gamora got godslayer ronan wins.He deals with surfer.

amnesia
Originally posted by King Castle
but, this time he has motivating music and a riddick feel to the background how could he not win?

That music would demotivate me.

kgkg
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Unless gamora got godslayer ronan wins.He deals with surfer. Wait....What?

srankmissingnin
Ronan puts her in a stasis field and takes his sweet time beating her into unconsciousness.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Ronan puts her in a stasis field and takes his sweet time beating her into unconsciousness. But that wouldn't happen to wolverine would it?

King Castle
no, it would..

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But that wouldn't happen to wolverine would it?

Why not?

King Castle
b/c

Ronan stomps her with AoE energy atacks.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet that didn't work before did it

Deadline
^ Exactly, end of thread. CIS huh?

King Castle
no, PIS.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53588/1098425-ronan_super.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
lol, PIS, Of course that's what it was

celeyhyga17
Ronan wins.

jinzin
Pft, nonsense. Ronan would put her in a stasis field... and... and let her out... because that's what he did before!

Deadline
He didn't say it was a stasis field it was like an energy blast.

jinzin
except for the part where he put her in a stasis field.

srankmissingnin
Ronan puts her in a stasis field or disables her gravity / increases it until she can't move... then beats her unconscious for a 10/10 ragestomp.

Deadline
except for the part where he put her in a stasis field.

My bad you are correct. However he put her in it and clobbered her with a blast. Ronan doesn't always use his stasis field that means that he fights like a moron most of the time, he didn't use his stasis field when fighting Ravenous.

King Castle
it's like when ppl think Thor, Bloodaxe, Thunderstrike, Wrecker will only fight with their fist with wpn in hand no matter how the fight goes and are fighting competently with guys like spiderman, Cap, Ironfist laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
The facts are these and they are undisputable... Ronan used a VARIETY of his powers against Gamora. Gamora used her skill and speed to make a fight of it. These are undisputable facts of their encounter, and a perfect example of someone inferior power wise and strength wise use skill to overcome those factors. Ronan didn't fight stupid and that is a piss poor excuse by some of you. In comics, movies and any genre you can think.. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS... People knock someone down and then start a monologue or let them get up. This HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN COMICS. It's not an indication that they fought stupid and thus the fight thrown out as PIS or CIS. If that was the criteria used we would throw out about 95% of all fights in comics or movies. Spare me this piss poor excuse and reaching

King Castle
it's stupid b/c in the forum fight the villain wont monologue and let you recover or forget about you complete or hit you just enough to wound you rather then just out right kill you.

that fight could have gone exactly the same with certain peak lvlers and superhuman if you switched out gamora that alone makes the entire fight PIs and not anymore impressive when DD or anyone else get's the lucky hit due to writer armor.

jinzin
Originally posted by Deadline
My bad you are correct. However he put her in it and clobbered her with a blast. Ronan doesn't always use his stasis field that means that he fights like a moron most of the time, he didn't use his stasis field when fighting Ravenous.

That's true he does...
That's why I don't think that that particular on panel fight is much of a display for Gamora at the level that most people think it is.

He could have just left her there y'know.

jinzin
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The facts are these and they are undisputable... Ronan used a VARIETY of his powers against Gamora. Gamora used her skill and speed to make a fight of it. These are undisputable facts of their encounter, and a perfect example of someone inferior power wise and strength wise use skill to overcome those factors. Ronan didn't fight stupid and that is a piss poor excuse by some of you. In comics, movies and any genre you can think.. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS... People knock someone down and then start a monologue or let them get up. This HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN COMICS. It's not an indication that they fought stupid and thus the fight thrown out as PIS or CIS. If that was the criteria used we would throw out about 95% of all fights in comics or movies. Spare me this piss poor excuse and reaching

He fought stupid. I don't really care what you're Thanos related love has to say about the matter. When he used his powers he had an overwhelming advantage, but stopped using them (mostly off panel) for what I can see as NO reason at all. Not really sure how giving up your advantages is NOT a stupid thing to do in a fight.

srankmissingnin
If you have an an ability that completely incapacitates an opponent and you don't use it, or you do use it... but decided to let the enemy so you can melee them and don't use said ability again, then you are fighting like an idiot. Ronan jobbed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
it's stupid b/c in the forum fight the villain wont monologue and let you recover or forget about you complete or hit you just enough to wound you rather then just out right kill you.

that fight could have gone exactly the same with certain peak lvlers and superhuman if you switched out gamora that alone makes the entire fight PIs and not anymore impressive when DD or anyone else get's the lucky hit due to writer armor.

So then, you would throw out 95% of all fights in comics as PIS or CIS.. You support this stance then?

Deadline
That's true he does...

Wait what, when did this happem? So Ronan is a moron now? So if we posted scans of Ronan vs Ravenous you would be arguing that he was fighting like a moron?

That's why I don't think that that particular on panel fight is much of a display for Gamora at the level that most people think it is.

He could have just left her there y'know.

You missed the point. Nobody fights the same 100% of the time or we could clasify most fights as CIS or PIS. He actually used more powers against Gamora than he did against Ravenous, which actually shows how impressive she is.

If you have an an ability that completely incapacitates an opponent and you don't use it, or you do use it... but decided to let the enemy so you can melee them and don't use said ability again, then you are fighting like an idiot. Ronan jobbed.

You could say that about lots of characters though...and he used more powers against her than he did against Ravenous. Even if it was CIS it still shows how tough she was.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He fought stupid. I don't really care what you're Thanos related love has to say about the matter. When he used his powers he had an overwhelming advantage, but stopped using them (mostly off panel) for what I can see as NO reason at all. Not really sure how giving up your advantages is NOT a stupid thing to do in a fight.

So then, you would also through out the majority of fights in comics? This is your stance then? Because the vast majority of fights, WHICH BY THE WAY ARE WHAT WE USE AS PROOF AND CANON.. would be thrown out under your criteria as CIS or PIS. Thus, if it were up to you guys, we would have exponentionally less material to use as support. Luckily you guys aren't that important and thus we'll go about things the way we always have. That fight is canon and on panel proof of Gamora's skill

srankmissingnin
So then, you would also through out the majority of fights in comics? This is your stance then? Because the vast majority of fights, WHICH BY THE WAY ARE WHAT WE USE AS PROOF AND CANON.. would be thrown out under your criteria as CIS or PIS. Thus, if it were up to you guys, we would have exponentionally less material to use as support. Luckily you guys aren't that important and thus we'll go about things the way we always have. That fight is canon and on panel proof of Gamora's skill

Forum Rules:

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

We don't ignore context or plot devices regardless of how often they occur.

Deadline

What about Wolverine vs Thor? Doesn't Thor hammer have a lot of fancy powers did Thor fight like a moron because he didn't try to teleport Wolverine or suck him of energy?

King Castle
we throw it out b/c the villain wont stop in a forum fight to monologue....

nor do we use PIS period in this Forum we also dont allow for use of terrain which is what allows guys like DD and Spiderman to compete with guys like Electro or Absorbing man.

you really Think Doom is going to lose to Black Panther in a Forum fight?

your wanking has reached new heights.

this forum goes by logic as well as Scans in "Context" to the story

Deadline
we throw it out b/c the villain wont stop in a forum fight to monologue....

nor do we use PIS period in this Forum we also dont allow for use of terrain which is what allows guys like DD and Spiderman to compete with guys like Electro or Absorbing man.

you really Think Doom is going to lose to Black Panther in a Forum fight?

your wanking has reached new heights.

this forum goes by logic as well as Scans in "Context" to the story

I don't think you understood the point he was making. The point is that using your logic 90% of fights would be CIS/PIS, thats it.

Forum Rules:

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

We don't ignore context or plot devices regardless of how often they occur.

I don't think you understood the point he was making. The point is that using your logic 90% of fights would be CIS/PIS, thats it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^ You still don't get it do you...

Do you know how many fights in comics DON'T have someone knocking someone down or stunning them and jumping on them right away going for the KO? THE VAST MAJORITY don't have that happening at all. The vast majority have someone knocking someone over and going into a monologue, boasting/gloating, and letting them get back up. This happens WAY MORE then the way you prefer fights to go. Problem is, those fights are canon and what we on the forum USE as proof.

I ask again... so if any fight has someone not going for the kill right away and boasting and letting someone get back up.. you would throw those out as PIS or CIS right? That is what you're arguing here and I want to make this point clear.. in the hopes that you woud then see how much you would be throwing out. You would be throwing out the vast majoirty of comic book fights. This is your stance correct?

srankmissingnin

The reality is that 90% of fights involving top tiers are suspect, and have context or details that needs to be considered before citing. 9/10 Thor just hits shit with his hammer. 9/10 Superman forgets that flight and super strength aren't his only only power. It's an artistic medium and the fights need to be visually impressive... no one wants to buy a book that ends in one panel with Ronan stomping Gamora, but that is what would happen if written properly, and its what happens on KMC.

King Castle
we shown how an attack hurt the individual and the likely chance of being replicated in forum with CIS of the character but we dont say monologuing can be considered part of CIS where it will adversely effect him b/c he get's stuck on thought.

same goes for heroes.. they are not going to stop in mid fight and ask that they surrender

Deadline
The reality is that 90% of fights involving top tiers are suspect, and have context or details that needs to be considered before citing. 9/10 Thor just hits shit with his hammer. 9/10 Superman forgets that flight and super strength aren't his only only power. It's an artistic medium and the fights need to be visually impressive... no one wants to buy a book that ends in one panel with Ronan stomping Gamora, but that is what would happen if written properly, and its what happens on KMC.

That doesn't mean that there fights aren't admissable as evidence and are thrown out does it? Did you throw out Thor vs Wolverine? No you didn't.

King Castle
That doesn't mean that there fights aren't admissable as evidence and are thrown out does it? Did you throw out Thor vs Wolverine? No you didn't. we took what was effective to show what is possible and shown but we dont say Thor fought to his best.

we know Thor can be cut, We know that Wolverine can dodge Thor.

we know that Thor could beat him senseless all out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
we shown how an attack hurt the individual and the likely chance of being replicated in forum with CIS of the character but we dont say monologuing can be considered part of CIS where it will adversely effect him b/c he get's stuck on thought.

same goes for heroes.. they are not going to stop in mid fight and ask that they surrender

So then you would throw out 90% of the fights in comics then? That is exactly what you're preaching for. That those are canon fights anymore and can't be used as proof since according to you they are filled with PIS and CIS

Deadline
we took what was effective to show what is possible and shown but we dont say Thor fought to his best.

Really? Look man maybe I'm wrong but now i think you're making shit up. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure people thought that was a good representation of what would happen between Thor and Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
That doesn't mean that there fights aren't admissable as evidence and are thrown out does it? Did you throw out Thor vs Wolverine? No you didn't.

It means they are only relevant in the context they are given. The fight between Wolverine and Thor, is evidence that Wolverine could tag Thor in a slugfest... not evidence that he could contend with the Odin Son in am anything goes, no holds bared fight.

King Castle
Really? Look man maybe I'm wrong but now i think you're making shit up. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure people thought that was a good representation of what would happen between Thor and Wolverine. that's just you.. in a real fight the fight would go vastly different from how thor would react and i dont know anyone who claimed other wise.

Deadline
It means they are only relevant in the context they are given. The fight between Wolverine and Thor, is evidence that Wolverine could tag Thor in a slugfest... not evidence that he could contend with the Odin Son in am anything goes, no holds bared fight.

I still think you're missing the point. You didn't decide to to rule out the fight because he didn't try to teleport him away or drain his energy. You think that was a well written fight.

that's just you.. in a real fight the fight would go vastly different from how thor would react and i dont know anyone who claimed other wise.

You think it was poorly written?

King Castle
the only think we can take from the fight is that Gamora could punch Ronan and make him feel it aside from that there isnt any real relevance with her being able to defeat him

Deadline
the only think we can take from the fight is that Gamora could punch Ronan and make him feel it aside from that there isnt any real relevance with her being able to defeat him

She can take a blast from Ronan and lava? It don't think it matter if she can't beat him. It was still an impressive feats Wolverine got Koed by Thor Gamora kept on fighting.

King Castle
She can take a blast from Ronan and lava? It don't think it matter if she can't beat him. It matters when ppl try to claim she can hold her own legitimately with Ronan when guys like DD, Cap, Spiderman, Wolverine have briefly held their own against Silversurfer,Firelord, Thanos, Thor and ignore context trying to pass it off to others with why they win against beings vastly below those mention.

it is not an argument to say that character A fought a herald trans that he wins against a low end meta or brick and ignore story context and power set like one not trying to hurt the other or simply going through the motions without trying b/c he is too cocky to try harder like he would against Thor or Silver Surfer

jinzin
Okay Deadline you've got me confused....

Here it looks like you're saying Ronan tends to fight like an idiot. Originally posted by Deadline
Ronan doesn't always use his stasis field that means that he fights like a moron most of the time,
Is that NOT what you meant to write? confused

Wait what, when did this happem? So Ronan is a moron now? So if we posted scans of Ronan vs Ravenous you would be arguing that he was fighting like a moron?

He wasn't using the best of his abilities, he wasn't using the abilities that would afford him an easy win, you figure it out.

You missed the point. Nobody fights the same 100% of the time or we could clasify most fights as CIS or PIS. He actually used more powers against Gamora than he did against Ravenous, which actually shows how impressive she is.
Nobody missed anything.

He had her to a strict disadvantage several times in the course of that fight and gave them ALL up.
If you have your opponent in a rear naked choke, seconds away from a tap out and you let it go to continue a standing brawl to a stalemate then yeah, you pretty much just fought like an idiot.

It COULD shot how impressive she is, if it had any sort of logical coherent stream of events to show why Ronan couldn't keep her in a stasis field, or keep her at bay with falling rocks, or keep her encased in molten rock... It didn't... All we saw was that one minute he would be using his powers, and she would be at a completele disadvantage or unable to push forward, and the next he was back to meleeing her.

It doesn't make her look awesome, it makes him look stupid.

jinzin

No.. that's your idiotic presumption.

No one said we need to throw out the fight, I didn't even say it wasn't impressive to SOME extent.. what I said is that it isn't as impressive as some like to believe SOLEY based on the fact that it was Ronan she was fighting.

What makes the feat impressive is Ronan himself, the calibur he's "supposed" to be at and the powers he's "supposed" to have.
He's the contributing factor that makes it a feat in the first place, if he's NOT fighting with LEGITIMATE use of those abilities, it robs the feat of being an end all be all.

As KC already pointed out. The fight with Thor and Wolverine proves SOME THINGS, but not how a forum fight between Thor and Wolverine would actually go.

The fight between Ronan and Gamora shows some impressive shit, it just isn't as impressive as one would assume with statements like "Gamora beat Ronan" "Gamora fought Ronan" "Gamora stalemated Ronan".... etc. If you're aware of the characters and not the context, it sounds much more impressive than it actually is.

-Pr-
Can someone please post the fight they're referencing?

celeyhyga17

yeah. he wasnt even paying her much attention for most of the fight. he kept talking about how he's free now blah blah blah. after the fall out from him trying to matter manipulate her "godslayer", he got up immediately. she gets up much later than he did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by -Pr-
Can someone please post the fight they're referencing?

I don't have the scans... but they are saying because Ronan "fought stupid" let her break free and didn't press the advantage he had.. the fight is thus PIS or CIS... My point is pretty much every fight in comics has this same thing occur.. thus if we went by that criteria they use.. we would throw all 90% of fights in comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
can someone please post the relevant scans for PR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.