Characters vs. ability official tier list!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Well...who wants to help with this?

Premium

NJO+ Luke
DE Palpatine

Palpatine and Yoda
Mace Windu
Count Dooku
Obi Wan and Anakin

This is very, very incomplete, so I wonder who would be willing to help fill this out.

Darth Martin
I'd be willing to help. I don't really subscribe to any of the literature so my knowledge of the pre-TPM/post-ROTJ era is weak.

Hewhoknowsall
Well, if anyone is interested, you can just post the revised version on this thread, while adding names in.

Ms.Marvel
maul is somewhere int he god tier.

aside from that i dont know. i dont read or watch star wars : )

Shoes
What the shit?

Why is Dooku above Bane and Kas'im?

Where is Nihilus?

What is this with Sidious and DE Sidious? I suppose we should include TPM Windu, AOTC Windu, CW Windu, Shatterpoint Windu, and ROTS Windu as well, right?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Shoes
What the shit?

Where is Nihilus?

What is this with Sidious and DE Sidious? I suppose we should include TPM Windu, AOTC Windu, CW Windu, Shatterpoint Windu, and ROTS Windu as well, right?

...well, he's sort of the reborn version, and characters' abilities fluctuate.

Oh, and I've said that this is very incomplete.

Nephthys
Shoes, don't be so rude. Also read the thread first next time.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Shoes
What the shit?

Because he is better than they are?

Nephthys
Bane would wreck Dooku. erm

Shoes
Who wouldn't?

Look at that thick hair, those chisled buttocks.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane would wreck Dooku. erm
This is questionable at best.

And Dooku would wreck Kas'im.

ares834
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
This is questionable at best.

And Dooku would wreck Kas'im.
Agreed. Dooku is powerful as hell.

Shoes
Except no.

Red Nemesis
lolololololololol

is funny b/c ur rong

Q99
Do we even have a way of telling how the best force users of other eras compare to Dooku?

We have info on uber-tier people, Palps and Luke are highly unusual in the entire history of SW, but how Tyrannus compares to the top sith of other eras (after all, in most other times Dooku would be the master, not the apprentice. Part of why Jedi kept making mistakes with them) like Bane and Kas'im is trickier. Hm... I'd think Dooku is force-stronger but it wouldn't surprise me if Kas'im was sword stronger.

REXXXX
To be honest, I find threads like these to be a waste of time. And there are bunches and bunches of them hiding out in both the Vs. area and this area...

Should this not be a Vs. area subject anyway?

Q99
Originally posted by REXXXX

Should this not be a Vs. area subject anyway?

It's not a match, so it'd be closed if posted there, or at least that's my understanding.

Red Nemesis
thumb up

akpwnz
Actually Ankakin beat Dooku using mainly saber. Bane would destroy Dooku and Kas'im was beating bane until the temple crumbled on him.

Thus, Kas'im > Dooku

Lord Lucien
That's... that was terrible.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's... that was terrible.

Maybe he was being facetious?

Lord Lucien
From such a newbie? And one so fervent? "Tosh" I say.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by akpwnz
Actually Ankakin beat Dooku using mainly saber. Bane would destroy Dooku and Kas'im was beating bane until the temple crumbled on him.

Thus, Kas'im > Dooku

I thought you were TJ at first (seriously).

Oh, and Bane as of PoD wasn't as powerful as RoT or DoE Bane.

But still:

Premium

NJO+ Luke
DE Palpatine

Palpatine and Yoda
Mace Windu
+Bane
+Kas'im
Count Dooku
Obi Wan and Anakin
+Maul
+Qui Gon/Shaak Ti/Mundi/etc.

This is very, very incomplete, so I wonder who would be willing to help fill this out.

Darth_Glentract
These never work. Seen it tried dozens of times. Sorry man.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
From such a newbie? And one so fervent? "Tosh" I say.

I was under the impression that it was TJ. We need to outlaw anybody using that avy except him.

Q99
What're the brackets below 'top'? There's plenty of lesser ones to fill in.

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
These never work. Seen it tried dozens of times. Sorry man.

Still, doesn't hurt to try.

Darth Martin
Will start with movie characters using EU feats. All characters are at there peak shown in the films unless specified.

Tier 4
Emperor Palpatine(post-ROTJ), Luke Skywalker

Tier 3
High
Galen Marek, Darth Sidious(ROTS), Yoda

Middle
Darth Vader(OT), Mace Windu

Low
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader(ROTS), Darth Tyranus

Tier 2
High
Depa Billaba, General Grievous, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul

Middle
Cin Drallig, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Seasee Tinn, Luminara Undili,

Low
Durge, Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi(AOTC), Rahm Kota, Aayla Secura, Anakin Skywalker(AOTC)

Tier 1
High
Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi(TPM), Bariss Offee, Luke Skywalker(ROTJ)

Middle
Commander Cody, Captain Fordo, Rex

Low
Han Solo

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Will start with movie characters using EU feats. All characters are at there peak shown in the films unless specified.

Tier 4
Emperor Palpatine(post-ROTJ), Luke Skywalker

Tier 3
High
Galen Marek, Darth Sidious(ROTS), Yoda

Middle
Darth Vader(OT), Mace Windu

Low
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader(ROTS), Darth Tyranus

Tier 2
High
Depa Billaba, General Grievous, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul

Middle
Cin Drallig, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Seasee Tinn, Luminara Undili,

Low
Durge, Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi(AOTC), Rahm Kota, Aayla Secura, Anakin Skywalker(AOTC)

Tier 1
High
Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi(TPM), Bariss Offee, Luke Skywalker(ROTJ)

Middle
Commander Cody, Captain Fordo, Rex

Low
Han Solo

If we're talking about Luke NJO+, he could arguably be in an even higher tier.
Galen Marek is not on the same tier as Sidious and Yoda.
Vader is likely lower
Anakin is lower
Qui Gon possibly higher
ROTJ Luke possibly higher
Jango and Boba possibly higher
Han Solo possibly higher

Also:

Bane in Tier 3 middle
Kas'im in Tier 2 high or Tier 3 low
Caedus in Tier 3 middle
Corran possibly in Tier 2 middle

Darth Martin
What about Mace? Should he be closer to Yoda or OT Vader? Didn't want to put him too far away from Tyranus.

Galan007
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Galen Marek is not on the same tier as Sidious and Yoda. I disagree.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Galan007
I disagree.

Didn't some database say that Galen was no match for the Emperor?

Galan007
Dunno. But Yoda barely managed to defend himself against Palpatine's force lightning. Galen, on the other hand, not only blocked said lightning, but advanced against it enough to grab Palpatine himself by the wrists.

There are more feats of course, but imo the aforementioned is enough to at least place Galen in the same tier as Yoda and Palps. /shrug

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Didn't some database say that Galen was no match for the Emperor? 'Close enough' Quote from the novel...

bladeblade blah"But ultimately he was no match for the Emperor"

Darth Martin
An Emperor who has 16 years on the ROTS counterpart. Think of what Palpatine could do in 16 years. I'd say he improved considerably which would put him beyond ROTS Yoda.

truejedi
It is mostly speculation that he improved between ROTS and ROTJ. We know he improved by DE.

Lord Lucien
There's no real stats on Palpas abilities in that time period, but with a whole freaking galaxy under his control, he must have. Uninhibited access to all the secrets of the Force.

Q99
I'd guesstimate Darth Krayt to be around the same level of Vader (tier 3). In his youth, he once beat Anakin in a fight (early in the Clone Wars), and he was the son of a very powerful Jedi so his potential should be fairly high, and he had a long time . He did tend to slice through his opposition, with the only opponent we saw able to actually stand a chance one-on-one was Muur-Empowered Celeste Morne.

SithAce_1
Just a thought...When we get to play Star Wars the Old Republic the emperor is over 1300yrs. old. So I think he needs an Honorable mention here because how the hell does someone use the Dark side that long without being worn out! Also from swtor Darth Malgus is the Dark Lord of the Sith who takes out the Jedi Temple (with help). The Emperor is His boss so whats up with Him? More expanded universe books are coming out for Star Wars the Old Republic so we all will get some new info.

Galan007
Originally posted by mattatom
'Close enough' Quote from the novel...

bladeblade blah"But ultimately he was no match for the Emperor" You know the page number? I even did a Ctrl+F on my digital copy and couldn't find that quote.

mattatom
You know the page number? I even did a Ctrl+F on my digital copy and couldn't find that quote.
No, I just remember people saying that.

Nephthys
Gideon knows. Try PMing him.

Eminence
Galan007
You know the page number? I even did a Ctrl+F on my digital copy and couldn't find that quote. no expression

Galan007
^ Hm, so the actual quote came from the SW databank? If so, it contradicts the happenings of the novel, in which Galen/Palps never had a saber battle.

So until something more solid comes along, I'll take that quote with a grain of salt and stick with my opinion that Galen did quite well against Palps.

Eminence
Galan007
^ Hm, so the actual quote came from the SW databank? If so, it contradicts the happenings of the novel, in which Galen/Palps never had a saber battle.facepalmEverything works.

I provided the link because I figured you would actually follow it to the original source and read the passage in context.
He killed himself and did no significant damage to the Emperor. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend it's logical.

Galan007
^ I didn't click the link because a.) I figured everything significant would be in your post, and b.) I'm posting from my i-phone. No reason to get snippy about it. smile

Anyhow, my main point was that Galen advanced against Palpatine's lightning - Yoda himself barely managed to defend himself from it, let alone gain any ground against it. Thus placing Galen in Yoda's tier is acceptable, imo.

truejedi
Yoda didn't die. Yoda turned the lightning back on Sidious, and wasn't taking personal damage. It killed Galan. He did well. But decidedly worse than Yoda did. I put Galan around the level of Dooku, in my personal opinion.

Nephthys
He's higher imo. Dooku's never really overly impressed me Force-wise except for standing up to Yoda in AotC. The fight itself wasn't that great and it isn't enough to put him on Galen Force-juggernaut levels. From what I remember Dooku was highly skilled but lacks Galens raw power.

Galan007
Originally posted by truejedi
Yoda didn't die. Yoda turned the lightning back on Sidious, and wasn't taking personal damage. It killed Galan. He did well. But decidedly worse than Yoda did. I put Galan around the level of Dooku, in my personal opinion. Yoda barely managed to defend against the lightning - doing so literally blew him back (he had no chance of pushing forward.) Galen not only 'ate' the lightning (sorta speak) but he advanced against it to the point where he was able to grab Palps.

truejedi
(he had no chance of pushing forward.)
wut? no.

SithAce_1
Galan is coming back and I believe Yoda has something to do with it! Anyways remember Galan is just the game developers idea of showing how the force could be "unleashed" he is not cannon not yet anyway so lets not even consider HIM.

mattatom
Originally posted by SithAce_1
Galen is coming back and I believe Yoda has something to do with it! Anyways remember Galan is just the game developers idea of showing how the force could be "unleashed" he is not cannon not yet anyway so lets not even consider HIM. Galens a clone so in traditional Star Wars originality, will he be called Gaalen like Lukes clone was called Luuke?

Oh and Galen Marek's existance is canon, as is the LS ending of TFU.

Galan007
wut? no. You think he could have pushed forward to the degree Galen did? What makes you think so?

truejedi
Because it KILLED Galen. What Yoda did didn't hurt him. The look of "Oh Crap" on Sidious's face tells me that as well.

Speculation I guess, but, a supportable point of view.

Galan007
Because it KILLED Galen. What Yoda did didn't hurt him. The look of "Oh Crap" on Sidious's face tells me that as well.

Speculation I guess, but, a supportable point of view. I do see your point of view, and it is certainly supportable. But here's where I'm coming from...

As I'm sure you know, Yoda had two encounters with force lightning. The first was when he was zapped upon entering Palpatine's chamber - an attack which put him down for a short while (long enough for Palps to walk across the room and monologue for a bit.) The second instance was in the Senate pod when Yoda attempted blocking the lightning from close range - it was all he could do to briefly defend against it, before blowing himself and Palps back.

Other side of the coin, Galen 'ate' the lightning from an *arguably* more powerful Palpatine, for an extended length of time. Not only that, but he also managed to overcome said attack when he forced his way against it and grabbed the old bastard by the wrists. Personal opinion aside, I'm sure most would agree on the uberness Galen displayed there.

That said, because of the above feat (along with his others) I don't think it's illogical to place Galen in Yoda's tier. Obviously this doesn't automatically mean he is = to Yoda, but it does mean that he's in the same general power class. Imo.

truejedi
you know what I find frustrating? The whole point of the OT was that Luke was the last Jedi. The first Jedi in 20 years, and the last of his kind. People had even forgotten what Jedi were.

Instead, thanks to the EU, we have Jedi EVERYWHERE during that 20 year period. So the Sith were never even able to come as close to wiping out the Jedi as the Sith were voluntarily wiped out for 4000 years getting ready for their big take-over.

Red Nemesis
TJ, I wouldn't call Bane's actions voluntary on the part of the other Sith.
erm

Galan007
you know what I find frustrating? The whole point of the OT was that Luke was the last Jedi. The first Jedi in 20 years, and the last of his kind. People had even forgotten what Jedi were.

Instead, thanks to the EU, we have Jedi EVERYWHERE during that 20 year period. So the Sith were never even able to come as close to wiping out the Jedi as the Sith were voluntarily wiped out for 4000 years getting ready for their big take-over. thumb up

Even in ANH one of the Imperial underlings says something to Vader about the Jedi being an all but extinct race, or somesuch.

truejedi
right, and calls the force a hokey religion.

mattatom
right, and calls the force a hokey religion. No, thats Han wink

truejedi
good catch matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM

Imperial says "don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's way's. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion..."

mattatom
good catch matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM

Imperial says "don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's way's. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion..." I would be ashamed if I missed that, favourite quote of the mythos to date.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. -Han Solo."

I prefer Vader's line in that exchange if i'm honest.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Nephthys
<sigh> Oh the good old days when Vader was the baddest bad-ass in the mythos instead of.... Hayden Christienson. Ick.

The only way I can see Anakin saying something as cool as that is if Vader really was a split personality.

mattatom
<sigh> Oh the good old days when Vader was the baddest bad-ass in the mythos instead of.... Hayden Christienson. Ick.

The only way I can see Anakin saying something as cool as that is if Vader really was a split personality. Agreed. At least Hayden's dead now thumb up

truejedi
yay. They weakened Vader indescribebly when they had Galan beat him.

mattatom
You have to admit though Vader took a helluva lot of punishment, in fact that fight is probably one of the reasons why he was weaker later in the saga wink

HeartoftheForce
Know what I never got? Since when did ancient religion mean 19 years ago? I mean is MC Hammer considered an ancient hip hop artist? xP

mattatom
Originally posted by HeartoftheForce
Know what I never got? Since when did ancient religion mean 19 years ago? I mean is MC Hammer considered an ancient hip hop artist? xP Ancient because it died out and noone practiced it. My theory anyway. Whereas Hip hop still exists wink

HeartoftheForce
Haha, touche sir.

truejedi
except a lot of people practiced it. Technically though, Christianity is an "ancient religion" Its been around for thousands of years.

Lord Lucien
Well no one was "supposed" to practise it anymore. At least not in Han's eyes.

mattatom
except a lot of people practiced it. Technically though, Christianity is an "ancient religion" Its been around for thousands of years. Did Han know about these people?

That or at his Imperial College (those people who killed all Force users) maybe they said they were all dead and extinct, hence the term ancient.

That or he just thinks spreading butter...with the Force is silly.

1 thumb up if the reference is understood.

truejedi
unless its a doctor seuss reference, I fail to get the thumbs up.

mattatom
unless its a doctor seuss reference, I fail to get the thumbs up. Bad grammar I guess, I will give a thumb up to the person who gets the source right wink

Nephthys
Was it from Little Red Riding Hood?

mattatom
Was it from Little Red Riding Hood? Close but no rather sheepishly looking cigar.

darth radon
Originally posted by Q99
Do we even have a way of telling how the best force users of other eras compare to Dooku?

We have info on uber-tier people, Palps and Luke are highly unusual in the entire history of SW, but how Tyrannus compares to the top sith of other eras (after all, in most other times Dooku would be the master, not the apprentice. Part of why Jedi kept making mistakes with them) like Bane and Kas'im is trickier. Hm... I'd think Dooku is force-stronger but it wouldn't surprise me if Kas'im was sword stronger.

darth radon
Originally posted by akpwnz

Thus, Kas'im > Dooku

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by HeartoftheForce
Know what I never got? Since when did ancient religion mean 19 years ago? I mean is MC Hammer considered an ancient hip hop artist? xP

Yes, yes he is. And I'm too damn old.

Jinsoku Takai
except a lot of people practiced it. Technically though, Christianity is an "ancient religion" Its been around for thousands of years.

Excellent point TJ!!

Lord Lucien
5 months later...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.