Who can survive being in the core of the sun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
how hot is the core of the sun and who can survive it, no shields

sentry
superman
thor
thanos
Wolverine
Odin
Namor
WWH
Flash
Hal Jordan
Iron Man
wonder woman
Silver surfer
sandman
rogue

psycho gundam
just be a dear and post the maybe's, wolverine, rogue, etc are bs picks.

wwh

hal jordan

wonder woman

and i guess sentry due to track record are maybe's

Johnny Sorrow
Yes
Yes
Yes (did it a long time ago)
Probably
No
Yes
No
Maybe
Depends
Yes
Maybe
Yes
Yes
No
No

psycho gundam
^?

iron man maybe? better be his thor buster suit

Colossus-Big C
when did thor did it a long time ago?

Omega Vision
sentry-yes
superman-yes
thor-yes
thanos-yes
Wolverine-depends on definition of alive
Odin-yes
Namor-no
WWH-yes
Flash-no
Hal Jordan-no
Iron Man-no
wonder woman-no?
Silver surfer-yes
sandman-no
rogue-no

Mindship
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how hot is the core of the sun and who can survive it, no shieldsNo shields? Just standing there?

sentry - yes
superman - yes
thor - yes
thanos - yes
Wolverine - no
Odin - yes
Namor - no
WWH - dk
Flash - no
Hal Jordan - no
Iron Man - no
wonder woman - dk
Silver surfer - yes
sandman - no
rogue - no

psycho gundam
when did thor did it a long time ago? a long time ago

Johnny Sorrow
when did thor did it a long time ago?

I believe he did it when he was Classic Thor.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
^?

iron man maybe? better be his thor buster suit

His Bleeding Edge armor has not been tested. But I believe even his Extremis suit and force fields (at full power) could tolerate the pressures for a few minutes.

Without shields? He's crumpled and melted.

JakeTheBank
sentry - Yes
superman - Yes
thor - Yes
thanos - Yes
Wolverine - No
Odin - Yes
Namor - No
WWH - lol
Flash - No
Hal Jordan - Well, without shields, he's just a human, so no.
Iron Man - I sincerely doubt it without some kind of Sun Buster Armor
wonder woman - No
Silver surfer - Yes
sandman - No
rogue - Not unless she stole an appropriate powerset

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow

thumb up

Colossus-Big C
has superman ever been in the core of a sun?
and i saw scans of sentry being desintergrated at only the surface of a sun, the core is many times hotter.

also why did thor go to the sun?

Johnny Sorrow
According to Wikipedia the core of the sun has an average pressure of 150 g/cm and a temperature up to 13,6000,000 kelvins.

JakeTheBank
and i saw scans of sentry being desintergrated at only the surface of a sun, the core is many times hotter.

Thor went there to confront Atum, iirc

Omega Vision

Superman becomes phenomenally more powerful when in the sun so yes I imagine he can go into the core.

chomperx9
how hot is the core of the sun and who can survive it, no shields

sentry yes
superman yes
thor yes
thanos yes
Wolverine doubt it
Odin yes
Namor no
WWH no
Flash no
Hal Jordan not sure the GL energy would be strong enough. maybe
Iron Man no
wonder woman maybe
Silver surfer yes
sandman no
rogue hell no

Colossus-Big C

His Bleeding Edge armor has not been tested. But I believe even his Extremis suit and force fields (at full power) could tolerate the pressures for a few minutes.

Without shields? He's crumpled and melted. he would get crumpled and melted in a fraction of a second at that heat.

Colossus-Big C
According to Wikipedia the core of the sun has an average pressure of 150 g/cm and a temperature up to 13,6000,000 kelvins. whats that in PSI
and whats that in ferinheit

xJLxKing
sentry-yes(current)
superman-yes
thor-yes
thanos-yes
Wolverine-depends on definition of alive
Odin-yes
Namor-no
WWH-no
Flash-no (depends)
Hal Jordan-Yes
Iron Man-no
wonder woman-Yes
Silver surfer-yes
sandman-no
rogue-no

JakeTheBank
I'm not sure how Diana could survive in the sun's core...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor went there to confront Atum, iirc oh i remeber that,even his hair wasnt on fire.
i doubt he can do that again

Colossus-Big C
what do you mean flash depends?

JakeTheBank
oh i remeber that,even his hair wasnt on fire.
i doubt he can do that again

Well, Thor's classic feats are canon and not considered "Pre-Crisis". And who knows? Once Fraction gets his hands on Thor, he said he plans to make him venture into more cosmic territory.

Omega Vision
I'm not sure how Diana could survive in the sun's core...
Reflect the sun off her bracers. Obviously. If they can reflect the OE they should be able to take care of one measly Main Sequence Star. dur

xmarksthespot
whats that in PSI
and whats that in ferinheit Why would you want to know them in pointless meaningless units? 313

Colossus-Big C
Well, Thor's classic feats are canon and not considered "Pre-Crisis". And who knows? Once Fraction gets his hands on Thor, he said he plans to make him venture into more cosmic territory. imo that can be PIS so the story can happen, he needed to get atum, and he even fought and overpowered atum untill he became demogorge, and then he took over him from the inside. plot device

Johnny Sorrow

Considering the fact that Superman flies into the sun to boost his powers, this will be a cakewalk for him.

Sentry is pretty much indestructible at this point, and he can reconstitute his molecules at will.

JakeTheBank
imo that can be PIS so the story can happen, he needed to get atum, and he even fought and overpowered atum untill he became demogorge, and then he took over him from the inside. plot device

Based on his other durability feats and his ability to survive in extreme conditions, I wouldn't label it PIS. A high showing for him? Sure. But still canon.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why would you want to know them in pointless meaningless units? 313 because we are american

Omega Vision
Based on his other durability feats and his ability to survive in extreme conditions, I wouldn't label it PIS. A high showing for him? Sure. But still canon.
Him tanking multiple Celestial blasts >> venturing into the sun IMO.

Colossus-Big C
Considering the fact that Superman flies into the sun to boost his powers, this will be a cakewalk for him.

Sentry is pretty much indestructible at this point, and he can reconstitute his molecules at will. he flies near the sun, he never lands on it or even go into the core which is millions of times hotter,

also if you have to regenrate your entire body you lose here

xmarksthespot
he flies near the sun, he never lands on it or even go into the core which is millions of times hotter The core of the sun is only a few thousand times hotter than the surface. 131

xJLxKing
I'm not sure how Diana could survive in the sun's core... She has taken Superman's heat vision so I do think she can, but I am sure she will walk out with a nice sun burn stick out tongue

Omega Vision
The core of the sun is only a few thousand times hotter than the surface. 131
The temperature really isn't the first problem with the sun since 99% of all characters below Herald level would be ripped apart by solar wind before they could be burnt by the heat.

Colossus-Big C
the surface of the sun is 9,000 degrees
the core is 1thousand times hotter
so the core is 9million degrees F

seriously, no material in the universe can survive that

JakeTheBank

Mjolnir can.

The very forging of the hammer resulted in a cataclysmic cosmic event.

xJLxKing

Superman roll eyes (sarcastic)

Colossus-Big C
thor is more or as durable as mjolr?

Omega Vision

You realize that lightning bolts can be much hotter than the core right?

psycho gundam
^ surface, not core

and null bomb = star

JakeTheBank
thor is more or as durable as mjolr?

Probably more. He's taken attacks and has been subjugated to effects that have damaged or destroyed Mjolnir. It depends on the writer, though.

Mjolnir being forged resulting in the death of a sun and wiped out the dinosaurs on Earth.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ surface, not core

and null bomb = star
Right, my mistake.

Still while I can't think of any material in our Universe that could survive in the core without being broken down somehow there are plenty of materials in Marvel and DC that can.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You realize that lightning bolts can be much hotter than the core right? the surface not core, also lightning last a couple of seconds.

Colossus-Big C
Probably more. He's taken attacks and has been subjugated to effects that have damaged or destroyed Mjolnir. It depends on the writer, though.

Mjolnir being forged resulting in the death of a sun and wiped out the dinosaurs on Earth. theres like 5 or more different stories of how the dinosurs were killed in marvel

JakeTheBank
theres like 5 or more different stories of how the dinosurs were killed in marvel

But my example is cooler.

xmarksthespot

seriously, no material in the universe can survive that The core of the sun is 30 million degrees in your silly unit, not 9 million.

I'm pretty sure the core of a neutron star would survive that quite easily, since it's several thousand times hotter. 313

SamZED
he flies near the sun, he never lands on it or even go into the core which is millions of times hotter,

also if you have to regenrate your entire body you lose here he wont have to regenerate, it just wont do anything to him. The scan u saw, he flew into the sun in attemp to kill himself. Started to burn but instantly healed and the temperature stopped bothering him at all. Void even said it wont do jack. Its just he wanted to burn at first but couldnt.

Colossus-Big C
The core of the sun is 30 million degrees in your silly unit, not 9 million.

I'm pretty sure the core of a neutron star would survive that quite easily, since it's several thousand times hotter. 313 30million degrees eh? can this melt diamond?

Omega Vision
30million degrees eh? can this melt diamond?
Diamond melts at around 3500 C (around 6500 F) so yeah it would melt rather quickly.

psycho gundam
Right, my mistake.

Still while I can't think of any material in our Universe that could survive in the core without being broken down somehow there are plenty of materials in Marvel and DC that can. i screwed up too, i meant null bomb > one star

Colossus-Big C
Diamond melts at around 3500 C (around 6500 F) so yeah it would melt rather quickly. oh, it would melt and vaporize in an fraction of a second then

kgkg
Probably more. no expression

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by kgkg
no expression

Yes?

kgkg
Yes? Thor is not more durable than Mjolnir.

Colossus-Big C
bor is i guess

JakeTheBank
Thor is not more durable than Mjolnir.

He's survived attacks which have damaged or outright destroyed Mjolnir before. And as I said, it depends completely on the writer.

kgkg
He's survived attacks which have damaged or outright destroyed Mjolnir before. And as I said, it depends completely on the writer. Which instance are you referring to? Either way a vast Majority of showing have Mjolnir being a lot more durable than Thor by a long shot.

theICONiac
Thor is toast...he was nearly barbequed by Set in 'What-If...the heroes lost Atlantis Attacks'...

Wolverine would leave a very nice skeleton.

JakeTheBank
Which instance are you referring to? Either way a vast Majority of showing have Mjolnir being a lot more durable than Thor by a long shot.

I suppose the majority does show Mjolnir being more durable than Thor, though the argument remains that Thor could match his weapon's durability.

Originally posted by theICONiac
Thor is toast...he was nearly barbequed by Set in 'What-If...the heroes lost Atlantis Attacks'...

Wolverine would leave a very nice skeleton.

What-If's, by their very definition, aren't canon, though.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by theICONiac

Wolverine would leave a very nice skeleton. set is far more powerful than a sun, he even battled and beat the pheonix force when it attacked him. and pretty much killed odin, zeus, and alot of other dietes
elder gods are nearly universal powerhouses
also its not cannon, but 616 set is the most powerful so he can do it

Lord Feron
He's survived attacks which have damaged or outright destroyed Mjolnir before. And as I said, it depends completely on the writer.

You see Wolverine stabbing and slashing through the hammer? You see Logan slashing and stabbing Thor? Well there you do.

kgkg
I suppose the majority does show Mjolnir being more durable than Thor, though the argument remains that Thor could match his weapon's durability. Which instances are you referring to? Almost all of his fight Mjolnir is unharmed while he gets pieced , K.O etc

The instance your referring to maybe is an exception not the rule.

JakeTheBank
I've also seen Perrikus' scythe slash Thor and deal damage akin to a flesh wound. In the same comic I also saw him shatter Mjolnir.

BlackZero30x
Superboy prime and Black Zero shifty

kgkg
I've also seen Perrikus' scythe slash Thor and deal damage akin to a flesh wound. In the same comic I also saw him shatter Mjolnir. He slashed Mjolnir with his weapon but punched him out with his fists.

Also Thor used Mjolnir to crack him later.

is that the instance your referring to where Thor > Mjolnir in durability?

Lunacyde
According to NASA the core of the sun is 15 million + degrees Celsius.

Anyone who believes Hulk or Wolverine can survive there are kidding themselves.

carver9
I dont think any of them can survive except Sentry.

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9

I'm pretty sure Supes and Surfer could also.

Omega Vision
Why wouldn't Superman survive?

Lunacyde

Well Superman has so you're already wrong :P

TheTyrant
Sentry, Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Sentry, Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.

All correct except Hulk

kgkg
I dont think any of them can survive except Sentry. Your are wrong considering few of these characters have already done it.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Lunacyde
All correct except Hulk

How does WWHulk not survive?

carver9
Why wouldn't Superman survive?

I do believe that Superman can survive on the surface of the sun but it seemed like he was having problems doing this and it was causing him pain (including him being balled up).

I think overrall, all of that heat will either desintegrate him or simply over power him causing him to explode.

Thor, I just dont think that he is durable enough to take that heat. Even though BRB did it, I just think BRB is resistant to all forms of temperature changes.

Same goes for everyone else besides Sentry.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by TheTyrant
How does WWHulk not survive?

Because there is literally nothing to suggest he could survive in a 15 million + degrees celsius environment.

Lunacyde
I do believe that Superman can survive on the surface of the sun but it seemed like he was having problems doing this and it was causing him pain (including him being balled up).

I think overrall, all of that heat will either desintegrate him or simply over power him causing him to explode.

Thor, I just dont think that he is durable enough to take that heat. Even though BRB did it, I just think BRB is resistant to all forms of temperature changes.

Superman has lived in the sun dude, ever heard of Superman Prime 1 Mill?

JakeTheBank

Thor already did it, though.

carver9
Superman has lived in the sun dude, ever heard of Superman Prime 1 Mill?

Two different Supermen and how about the recent comic Superman/Batman where he was over loaded by sunlight and it almost made him explode from the inside out (but instead, he was turned into a hulk like creature).

carver9
Thor already did it, though.

Was it the surface or was it the core of the sun?

I know what feat you are talking about when he was fighting on the surface of the sun but I cant remember him ever going to the core.

I agree, Thor CAN survive the surface of the sun.

theICONiac
What-If's, by their very definition, aren't canon, though.

I don't like it no

From what I have been able to determine, 'What If's simply inject characters into scenarios that provide a different outcome...

I mean, it's not as if there was a story like 'What if Aunt May beat the Juggernaut to death with her rock-hard bran muffins'??

I could understand foolishness like that not being qualified to be used in a debate, because it is wholly unbelievable in the context of what these characters are established to be capable of.

But I have not seen any examples of this. All the WI's I have read are stories that would have happened the exact same way if they occured in mainline continuity. The only reason they don't happen in mainline continuity is because they are such downers/too destructive to the highlighted character to keep ongoing series viable.

Colossus-Big C
what would the core of the sun do to a human

JakeTheBank
Was it the surface or was it the core of the sun?

I know what feat you are talking about when he was fighting on the surface of the moon but I cant remember him ever going to the core.

I agree, Thor CAN survive the surface of the sun.

He went to the center of the sun.

Lunacyde
Two different Supermen and how about the recent comic Superman/Batman where he was over loaded by sunlight and it almost made him explode from the inside out (but instead, he was turned into a hulk like creature).

No, Superman Prime 1 Mill is normal continuity Superman in the future after he spends years and years in the Sun.

Same Superman has flown through a Red Sun which was depowering him as he he flew through it, and has a number of other feats where he goes through, or into a sun.

carver9
No, Superman Prime 1 Mill is normal continuity Superman in the future after he spends years and years in the Sun.

Same Superman has flown through a Red Sun which was depowering him as he he flew through it, and has a number of other feats where he goes through, or into a sun.

Again, not mainstream Superman.

I never said Superman couldnt fly through a sun. I never said that any of them couldnt fly through one because I believe that all of them could if they were going at high speed (basically just getting a taste of the heat and coming out of it ASAP).

Now just sitting in the core, I think it would mess a lot of them up. I dont know how my post got turned into a "why cant Superman do it" post but hey, you cant blame be Pr and Badabing.

Lunacyde
what would the core of the sun do to a human

A human wouldn't get there. They would vaporize before they reached the surface. The surface is far hotter than a Crematorium.

Lunacyde
Again, not mainstream Superman.

I never said Superman couldnt fly through a sun. I never said that any of them couldnt fly through one because I believe that all of them could if they were going at high speed (basically just getting a taste of the heat and coming out of it ASAP).

Now just sitting in the core, I think it would mess a lot of them up. I dont know how my post got turned into a "why cant Superman do it" post but hey, you cant blame be Pr and Badabing.

It is mainstream Superman. It's just a look at him in the future.

carver9
He went to the center of the sun.

I didnt know that. Well, I'm basing my judgment off of recent Thor and I cant picture him doing it. I honestly think that was a one time feat for him and it was completely out of the norm for him (going to the core of the sun).

Can he do it again, probably, probably not but I just dont think that he could,

Omega Vision
A human wouldn't get there. They would vaporize before they reached the surface. The surface is far hotter than a Crematorium.
Either vaporized or torn apart by solar turbulence and then vaporized.

carver9
It is mainstream Superman. It's just a look at him in the future.

So I can also use KC Superman feats for Mainstream Superman since he is a older version of Superman?

Colossus-Big C
mainstreem means current

you mean its in the same continuity

JakeTheBank
I didnt know that. Well, I'm basing my judgment off of recent Thor and I cant picture him doing it. I honestly think that was a one time feat for him and it was completely out of the norm for him (going to the core of the sun).

Can he do it again, probably, probably not but I just dont think that he could,

I agree recent Thor has been pretty tame in terms of feats. But all of his feats, even those from the "classic" days are still viable and canon from him. I dislike how people try to make Thor and other characters "Post Crisis" by only going by what they've done recently, and I'm not saying you're doing this. But Thor is going to be going in a more cosmic direction according to Fraction who does a decent Thor in his own right, so I have hopes for the future.

Colossus-Big C

Can he do it again, probably, probably not but I just dont think that he could, imo it was, he went there to get atum. the writer had to make it happen so for the story

carver9
I agree recent Thor has been pretty tame in terms of feats. But all of his feats, even those from the "classic" days are still viable and canon from him. I dislike how people try to make Thor and other characters "Post Crisis" by only going by what they've done recently, and I'm not saying you're doing this. But Thor is going to be going in a more cosmic direction according to Fraction who does a decent Thor in his own right, so I have hopes for the future.

Yeah, I'm a Thor aholic, love the character and I still think of him as the top herald but I also think depending on the writer comes a different powerset.

Some writers make Thor the true god that he is while others give me the assumption that he cant pull a feat like this off without dying.

Thats why I am saying, "I dont know". You said that he did it in the past so I am stuck on a maybe right now. I think a lot of the heralds has taken a lost in power recently, thats why the respect threads (except Surfer) isnt on the first page any more, they are getting downplayed and we are rarely seeing any decent feats.

I hope a change happen soon because it is messing up a lot of debating here.

carver9
imo it was, he went there to get atum. the writer had to make it happen so for the story

I agree with this, every story has a plot but hey, we wouldnt have respect threads if it wasnt for plots.

Lunacyde
So I can also use KC Superman feats for Mainstream Superman since he is a older version of Superman?

No because that isn't the same Superman. And I'm not using a feat from the DC 1 Million story.....I am simply saying to get there normal mainstream current Superman spent years upon years inside the sun.

Omega Vision
No. That was an older Superman from a different Universe.

carver9
No because that isn't the same Superman. And I'm not using a feat from the DC 1 Million story.....I am simply saying to get there normal mainstream cureent Superman spent years upon years inside the sun.

Again, they are two different Superman, not even from the same Universe.

You cant use his feats as credit.

carver9
No. That was an older Superman from a different Universe.

I know this and that is why I am saying you cant use his feats. It is two different Supermen.

JakeTheBank
Besides KC Superman was about ten times more badass in addition to being like somewhere around twice as powerful or so.

Ambient
It was from a possible future..

carver9
Besides KC Superman was about ten times more badass in addition to being like somewhere around twice as powerful or so.

Yep and that Hercules fight proves this.

carver9
Originally posted by Ambient
It was from a possible future..

Key word...possible. I look at that story as a "What If" comic.

Ambient
right...

Omega Vision
On the Superman One Mil debate I'm not sure if its still in continuity and if it is there's a chance that he's really All Star Superman who somehow entered the Mainstream DCU in the future since Morrison went out of his way to link the two stories.

carver9
On the Superman One Mil debate I'm not sure if its still in continuity and if it is there's a chance that he's really All Star Superman who somehow entered the Mainstream DCU in the future since Morrison went out of his way to link the two stories.

Good post.

Lunacyde
Superman Prime 1 Million (The Golden Superman) is the EXACT same Superman as the Superman of current continuity. I don't know how much I have to stress this. It is him after he spends 100 centuries in the sun.

Furthermore I am not using feats from the actual DC 1 Million story arc, I am merely using the fact that to get there Superman spent 100 centuries in the sun. This isn't a stretch as Superman has spent time inside the Sun before. For the last time IT IS THE SAME SUPERMAN FROM THE SAME UNIVERSE AS NORMAL CURRENT CONTINUITY.

Regardless it doesn't matter because Superman has countless other examples of him spending time inside the sun.

Omega Vision
Superman Prime 1 Million (The Golden Superman) is the EXACT same Superman as the Superman of current continuity. I don't know how much I have to stress this. It is him after he spends 100 centuries in the sun.

Furthermore I am not using feats from the actual DC 1 Million story arc, I am merely using the fact that to get there Superman spent 100 centuries in the sun. This isn't a stretch as Superman has spent time inside the Sun before. For the last time IT IS THE SAME SUPERMAN FROM THE SAME UNIVERSE AS NORMAL CURRENT CONTINUITY.

Regardless it doesn't matter because Superman has countless other examples of him spending time inside the sun.
It was way more than a 100 centuries. About 850 centuries IIRC.

The story was a while ago and before things like Infinite Crisis. While I do believe Superman could become like Golden Prime One Million I don't think he necessarily will become Prime in the future. It may just be an alternate future.

carver9

OMG, I guess I can use examples of Wolverine turning into a god in a couple of years since it happened in a comic (showing Wolverine ruling the earth as a god).

I guess I can say that Juggernaut is the most powerful being on Earth since it showed him in the future from Doctor Strange physically killing every being on the planet?

Every being has a future that was shown but it is almost CRAZY to use it since it isnt for that mainstream character.

What feats are you using that tells you that any of the Heralds or people here can survive in the sun so that I can change my answer?

I still dont think Thor can and Hulk has some amazing feats regarding heat but I STILL dont think he can survive in the core of the sun.

sad (I'm sorry HULK)

JakeTheBank
Besides, most "futures" in comic books either never come to pass or are averted to begin with. That being said, it doesn't really matter as Superman can obviously survive being in the core of the sun without using 1 Million as proof.

JakeTheBank
Wait.

Wolverine became a god in some alt. future?

carver9

The story was a while ago and before things like Infinite Crisis. While I do believe Superman could become like Golden Prime One Million I don't think he necessarily will become Prime in the future. It may just be an alternate future.

Sometimes I can just buy you a bud weiser and just sit in front of the TV and watch sports.

You are good with putting stuff together when you want to.

Lunacyde

I am not saying he will. I am merely using it as an argument as to Superman being able to live in the sun.

Omega Vision
Sometimes I can just buy you a bud weiser and just sit in front of the TV and watch sports.

You are good with putting stuff together when you want to.
Are you...hitting on me? ermm

carver9
Wait.

Wolverine became a god in some alt. future?

Yeah, some god like creature that had the ability to fly and control time. I forgot what comic it was but its in his respect thread; I'll find it for you.

JakeTheBank

LMAO

carver9

laughing

JakeTheBank
Yeah, some god like creature that had the ability to fly and control time. I forgot what comic it was but its in his respect thread; I'll find it for you.

Yeah, man, I'd like to see that for myself lol

Omega Vision
Yeah, man, I'd like to see that for myself lol
I think it was a What If where he got some of the Beyonder's power. Or something like that.

Lunacyde

No, actually he only spent 100 Centuries actually in the Sun. He entered it around the 700th Century.

JakeTheBank
I think it was a What If where he got some of the Beyonder's power. Or something like that.

Oh ok.

*is still loling at the idea of Godverine*

Lunacyde
Besides, most "futures" in comic books either never come to pass or are averted to begin with. That being said, it doesn't really matter as Superman can obviously survive being in the core of the sun without using 1 Million as proof.

EXACTLY...and yet Carver hasn't admitted it.

Omega Vision
No, actually he only spent 100 Centuries actually in the Sun. He entered it around the 700th Century.
Ah well. Its been a while. To be fair though I was thinking of the All Star Superman telling of the events where All Star Superman entered the sun and became a Solar-Radio Consciousness in the 21st century.

Lunacyde
Ah well. Its been a while. To be fair though I was thinking of the All Star Superman telling of the events where All Star Superman entered the sun and became a Solar-Radio Consciousness in the 21st century.

Fair enough. I don't see how anyone could dispute Superman being able to survive in the sun.

Wild Shadow
b/c he would eventually overload and have cellular breakdown damage like it happen b4...
erm

anyways anyone mention adam warlock yet?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
b/c he would eventually overload and have cellular breakdown damage like it happen b4...
erm

anyways anyone mention adam warlock yet?
When did it happen? If you're referring to All Star then that wasn't natural, that was due to Luthor giving him a dose that for all we know was way beyond the sun's natural capabilities.

Even if it weren't the case then you're forgetting that the cellular breakdown didn't mean death, it actually meant the next stage in the Kryptonian life-cycle where the Kryptonian is converted to an Immortal Solar-Radio Consciousness.

Wild Shadow
it was when he fought lobo after his return from death.. Supes had punched lobo into orbit and he noticed his knuckles didnt hurt.. later he tossed an alien spaceship out of our solar system that was the size of our moon..

during this time he was having a hard time adjusting to his new power lvl and needed to drain the excess energy. he went to professor hamilton to help him get rid of the extra energy and run test..

which he did but superman's heat vision started going haywire and wouldnt stop shooting.. his cellular structure started breaking down and supes started to devolve becomin significantly less intelligent and looking like a cave man his body deforming as well..

this wasnt all star it wasnt even an idea yet..

superman; man of steel # 30

carver9
it was when he fought lobo after his return from death.. Supes had puched lobo into orbit and he noticed his knuckles didnt hurt.. later he tossed an alien spaceship out of our solar system that was the size of our moon..

during this time he was having a hard time adjusting to his new power lvl and needed to drain the excess energy. he went to professor hamilton to help him get rid of the extra energy and run test..

which he did but superman's heat vision started going haywire and wouldnt stop shooting.. his cellular structure started breaking down and supes started to devolve becomin significantly less intelligent and looking like a cave man his body deforming as well..

this wasnt all star it wasnt even an idea yet..

superman; man of steel # 30

The exact same thing that I said, by the way, this happened TWICE to Superman. He was recently exposed (Superman/Batman) to extreme levels of sun radiation which he stated himself, it was ripping him apart from the inside out and yet again, he turned into a Hulk like Superman, even attacking Batman.

The core of the sun would F*** him up and let alone, it seem like he was physically in pain when he was on the surface of the sun during the imperex saga.

Wild Shadow
yup he was in pain when he was in the sun trying to amp up during the imperiex storyline, i believe the narration specifically mentioned it.

carver9
I wonder, has Surfer ever been in the core of the sun?

Omega Vision
yup he was in pain when he was in the sun trying to ap up during the imperiex storyline, i believe the narration specifically mentioned it.
He wasn't in pain so much as he was going slightly insane from the power.

Wild Shadow
yes, he has commented on it in narration that he has. i cant recall when he was shown doing it.. but there was a fight with firelord. firelord tried to kill SS with his heat and SS said he has bn to the center of suns and firelord's heat is far hotter then a sun b/c of the cosmic power and alien galactus science.

carver9
He wasn't in pain so much as he was going slightly insane from the power.

Can someone post the scan of this? I have the comic but I am too lazy to go get it. I thought it said that he was in pain: thats why he was balled up like that.

carver9
yes, he has commented on it in narration that he has. i cant recall when he was shown doing it.. but there was a fight with firelord. firelord tried to kill SS with his heat and SS said he has bn to the center of suns and firelord's heat is far hotter then a sun b/c of the cosmic power and alien galactus science.

I consider that Hyperbole though. embarrasment

theICONiac
I wonder, has Surfer ever been in the core of the sun? [/QUOT

BlackZero30x

in dark avengers sentry flew to close to the sun and it began to incinerate him.....untill viod pulled him together....so yes he could last in the sun but he would have to focus on surviving....and since that was the only instance of this(to my knowledge)so im not sure he would last a long time.

carver9
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
in dark avengers sentry flew to close to the sun and it began to incinerate him.....untill viod pulled him together....so yes he could last in the sun but he would have to focus on surviving....and since that was the only instance of this(to my knowledge)so im not sure he would last a long time.

Kind of different; Sentry was trying to kill himself and since he does have control of his physical form, I am pretty sure that was why he was desintegrating like he was.

tkitna
I wonder, has Surfer ever been in the core of the sun?

I dont know if he ever hung out in the sun, but there was the instance where he flew dumb drax through a sun before.

D_Dude1210
Yeah, but Surfer likes to keep mentioning that "he has flown thru the heart of stars" in many of his appearances.

tkitna
Well, right here Galactus states that the hottest suns couldnt harm him.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4066/silversurfer0134jn5.jpg

amnesia
I suppose the majority does show Mjolnir being more durable than Thor, though the argument remains that Thor could match his weapon's durability.

Mjolnir tanked the life bomb, and that bomb was powerful enough to take out 1/5 of the MU.

(Avengers annual #16 if you don't believe mesmile

janus77
Surfer could, easily.

Wild Shadow
the Ray easily..

Mindship
Personally, I find "the core of the sun" to be another jobber zone, like a black hole. It's as if there's nothing left in the natural environment able to pose a threat to these guys, no dangerous situation unless there's an uberbaddie involved.

Colossus-Big C
sandman can do it.

Astner
sentry - Yes
superman - Yes
thor - Yes
thanos - Yes
Wolverine - No
Odin - Yes
Namor - No
WWH - lolNo
Flash - No
Iron Man - I sincerely doubt it without some kind of Sun Buster Armor
wonder woman - No
Silver surfer - Yes
sandman - No
This.

Wild Shadow
sentry - No
superman - No.. last a while
thor - Yes
thanos - Yes
Wolverine - No
Odin - Yes
Namor - No
WWH - lolNo
Flash - No
Iron Man - No
wonder woman - No
Silver surfer - Yes
sandman - No

Colossus-Big C
sand man can survive he would be tunred into glass

Wild Shadow
and after glass he evaporates or turns into another chemical or gas...

Johnny Sorrow
The exact same thing that I said, by the way, this happened TWICE to Superman. He was recently exposed (Superman/Batman) to extreme levels of sun radiation which he stated himself, it was ripping him apart from the inside out and yet again, he turned into a Hulk like Superman, even attacking Batman.

The core of the sun would F*** him up and let alone, it seem like he was physically in pain when he was on the surface of the sun during the imperex saga.

Superman/Batman isn't continuity. And he already absorbed the heart of Mageddon, an "anti-sunlight" core that would have vaporized the galaxy. Looks like he survived that. cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>