light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
figured this is an appropriate place to post this.
I was REally thiking the other night....when the ships enter hyperspace..lightspeed, whatever. What's the principle?...i know that they're decomposed into wightless particles, fotons and are able to travell lightspeed to the designated location. I fail to explain that tunnel they're going through...well...maybe it has something to do with that space distorsion theory.
And the a gain..what about the term 'light years' measuring distances?....

Ushgarak
I like the way you know how hyperspace in SW works! It's a mad thing with no real logic behind it.

But what about light years used as a distance?

Dexx
well..i was really combining this with real knowledeges....wich can be transponded in the sw universebig grin
The theories of hyperspace are..somewhat..developed.
you know.. x light years away...bla bla

Ushgarak
I know what you meant, I just do not know what you want to know about it.

Dexx
by my information..light years distance is a distance wich would take years of travelling with light speed. Then how does hyperspace work considering it's travelling with lightspeed at great distances and does not spend years on the way.

Ushgarak
Hyperspace in Star Wars is faster than light, much faster. Like I say, I have no idea why you are trying to attach any science to it.

Dexx
it's like that solar sailer thing we talked about....i'm trying to find rational explanationsbig grin
And then..there's that theory i've heard again, that no known object travells faster than lightspeed.

Ushgarak
No object CAN travel faster than Lightspeed. Light speed is actually the speed limit for the universe.

Hence any hyperspace-like thing is normally cheating- e.g. compressing space or using wormholes or whatever. Or going into some freaky dimension where our laws do not apply. Or using the power of the Gods to move you. Or riding on the back of the magic cookies. Each explanation is as good as the other, frankly, as it is all pure fantasy.

Dexx
hyperspace?...oh...i'm confident it'll be achieved

Volundro Ramm
you people been smokin way to much weed. got any more?

General Kaliero
You know, I've not heard that "magic cookie" thing until now, but if you think on it enough, THAT actually DOES make sense.

Julie
wow you think too deeply.....or I don't think deeply enough...or...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.