Is anyone interested in Star Wars the Old Republic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithAce_1
Theres a lot of new mythos coming to the expanded universe via this new mmo. It includes referance to KOTOR and all new Sith/Jedi characters. Just google it cus I can not post a link yet! LOL wink

Q99
I'm looking forward to the comic for it.

SithAce_1

Darth_Glentract
Pretty stoked. Never been into mmo's though.

Nephthys
Yeah, this is probably going to be my first mmo. Sith Empire ftw!

Lord Lucien
Being that it's an MMO, I assume I'd have to pay for it.

So f*ck that.

truejedi
i have no time for video-games anymore. Plus, i just don't think they have the same draw they once did for me. I started playing Bioshock tonight, played for like 10 minutes, realized it was turning back into Fallout 3, where you walk around not knowing where you are going and shooting everything that moves, and quit. I may uninstall it now.

Major Valerian
Never in my life have I played WoW or any other MMO, but this will surely be my first (and, let's hope, last) one.

Autokrat
I've switched to Linux completely.

I haven't played a game in months.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Autokrat
I've switched to Linux completely.

I haven't played a game in months.
I haven't had a working video card in months.

For a while I didn't even have a sound driver. Woot.

That said, as I will have had a job for some time before the release date I will almost certainly be buying it, at least to try it out. Here's hoping they don't sink to charging a monthly fee.

Dr McBeefington
I'll probably play it but I have no respect for the writers of this game.

Sith Master X
Personally, I'm just looking forward to the Force Unleashed 2 right now.

LanceWindu
Force Unleashed was okay, but too linear.

Lord Lucien
I thoroughly enjoyed Force Unleashed. Just finished getting all the achievements for it.

Autokrat
I was mad because Force Unleashed didn't let me see limbs and body parts go flying. I want a lightsaber damnit! Not a baseball bat.

truejedi
Is that how it plays? I never did get it.

Autokrat
Originally posted by truejedi
Is that how it plays? I never did get it.

You basically bop people with a bat that glows.

It's shameful.

Nephthys
Its been that way in every Star Wars game though. They just don't want to make it non-kid friendly by chopping people up.

Personally I hope we get some full-on Force Lightning going on. Smoke, charred flesh, fires and shit. That'd be awesome.

Autokrat
Personally, Academy is till my favorite SW action game ever. It just is better than Unleashed.

Yea I know, call me crazy.

truejedi
no, I agree. Its story line sucked so bad, but the action was just really good. I still replay that game from time to time.

LanceWindu
Jedi Outcast had a setting where you could enable dismemberment with your lightsaber.

Lord Lucien
g_saberrealisticcombat.

LanceWindu
Hells yeah.

Kazenji
Theres also a comic coming out of the same name

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-270/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-1-Attik-Studio-cover

Nephthys
That chick looks bad-ass.

Ms.Marvel
she does! : O

Kazenji
Theres also another cover for issue #1

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-576/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-1-Benjamin-Carr-cover

i prefer the Attik Studio cover.

Hewhoknowsall
It seems to be a very interesting mmorg.

Nephthys
Beefy is going to eat your toes for that.

REXXXX
Those are just going to be reprints of the Old Republic comic that is currently online, available at the MMO's website. Not bad comics, though somewhat short.

The bad-ass chick is purportedly related to Bastilla Shan.

I'm looking forward to the game, though who knows if I'll be able to purchase it.

SithAce_1
She's not Bastilla Shan but her great-granddaughter or whatever great, great something. Same last name.

mattatom
Originally posted by SithAce_1
She's not Bastilla Shanbut her great-granddaughter or whatever great, great something. Same last name. Originally posted by REXXXX
The bad-ass chick is purportedly related to Bastilla Shan.
... no expression

Eminence
moar?!

yes please

These clonestroopers >>> clones, and the Jedi lady is at least three kinds of ridiculous.

truejedi
stupid. I noticed the lightsabers were baseball bats again. Plus, I have no time for an MMO, so i call the game stupid on many grounds anywayz!

RE: Blaxican
Lightsabers transfer kinetic weight.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand.

Trailer looks good. It is annoying how they go out of their way to draw so many parallels to the movies, but I understand that they're trying to appeal to the casual star wars fans. Polaski is going to shit a brick out of anger at the concept of soldiers with guns running toward people with swords.

truejedi
They were hitting the clones and knocking them DOWN blax. THAT was stupid. Yes, the saber-to-saber fight made sense, but the lightsabers knocking down clone troopers DID NOT.

At what point are you referring to? When the soldier is on the ground and the Sith hits him across the shoulder/neck area?

I rewatched it and couldn't tell exactly what scene you're talking about.

ares834
Originally posted by Eminence
moar?!

yes please

These clonestroopers >>> clones, and the Jedi lady is at least three kinds of ridiculous.
The Jedi Lady appears to be Satele Shan a descendant of Basilla and thus likely Revan.

I could be wrong though.

Anyway awesome trailer.

truejedi
2:18 after he wakes up. alll 3 fights happening at once, it all happens in 1 second. watch though: 3 stomtroopers are killed at three levels all at once, and all of them react as though hit by a sold object instead of being cut in half.

Dollars to donuts this game lacks realistic lightsaber action. I get so sick of baseball lightsabers...

Dr McBeefington
Not to mention the shitty continuity problems.

I see what you're talking about.

I don't know though, dude. Hitting someone with even a solid kinetic object in the spots that they hit them, wouldn't make them move like that.

But at the same time I could see you being right. They often bend physics for dramatic affect like that, like how in real life bullets don't carry enough momentum to send you flying back, but people always get thrown back from the force in movies.

ares834
Actually, I doubt that was Satele... But it does look really similar, perhaps her exiled mother.

Nephthys
Did anyone else notice the Star Destroyer's? Seriously, what the hell?

Though Christ was that badass. The Sith, the Jedi and the Trooper and the ridunk-u-dunkulous Hadouken and all.

Alistair
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Not to mention the shitty continuity problems. Why bother about the "continuity" when you can end up enjoying an awesome game in the end?

I don't think of TOR to be connected to the actual time line, i just call it an alternate reality.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Alistair
Why bother about the "continuity" when you can end up enjoying an awesome game in the end?

I don't think of TOR to be connected to the actual time line, i just call it an alternate reality.

If it was N-Canon, I would have no problems. But they're trying to make all of this shit canon.

Eminence
Alistair
Why bother about the "continuity" when you can end up enjoying an awesome game in the end?

It isn't, but I don't see why the continuity issues bother anybody. To my knowledge it's only retconning relatively minor material pertaining to the identities and nature of some pre-TOR Sith.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Polaski is going to shit a brick out of anger at the concept of soldiers with guns running toward people with swords.

>_>

actually not really. i was more amused at the fact that trained sith soldiers armed with the force were defenseless against simple judo tosses.

really adds fuel to my argument about jedi not being able to just wtfforce deflect anything solid that comes their way

mattatom
Maybe it was just completely unexpected? Like Bane charging the Jedi on Tython?

rabidd909
I wanted K.o.t.O.R. 3.......*sad face*

truejedi
I so would have played a KOTOR 3. SW and RPG'ing it up was the greatest idea ever. I always swore I hated RPG's before Kotor, (i had never played one) I owe discovering how much fun RPG's actually were (love them so much better than 1st person shooter's now) to KOTOR.

Eminence
I would have eaten KOTORIII alive.

As it is, I've long since decided that I'm partial to my money, and subscription fees make money not mine. Damn you, corporate America.

Thanks for the toilet paper and hospitals though.

truejedi
exactly. I will never pay for any content on the internet. I pay a monthly fee for the internet, so anything ON the internet should be free. Or else cut the fee for access. Its like those really lame parks that make you pay at the door AND for every ride.

Alistair
If it was N-Canon, I would have no problems. But they're trying to make all of this shit canon. Why do you give a shit about SW continuity? That's ridiculous. So what if it becomes canon? I dont see anyone else complaining about the continuity except you...

Nerds get hard-ons for continuity.

Lord Lucien
Why do you give a shit about SW continuity? That's ridiculous. So what if it becomes canon? I dont see anyone else complaining about the continuity except you... Wow, are you in the wrong place for that to be true.

rabidd909
I so would have played a KOTOR 3. SW and RPG'ing it up was the greatest idea ever. I always swore I hated RPG's before Kotor, (i had never played one) I owe discovering how much fun RPG's actually were (love them so much better than 1st person shooter's now) to KOTOR.

exactly the same for me, except I had also lost interest in SW and sci-fi as a whole, then I found KOTOR in the bargain bin for 14.99 and figured "What the hell, lets give it a shot." years later I still play through it and the second one obsessively.

Dr McBeefington
It isn't, but I don't see why the continuity issues bother anybody. To my knowledge it's only retconning relatively minor material pertaining to the identities and nature of some pre-TOR Sith.

THere's nothing "minor" about the retcon.

Dr McBeefington
Why do you give a shit about SW continuity? That's ridiculous. So what if it becomes canon? I dont see anyone else complaining about the continuity except you...

Because I really enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2 and I don't enjoy them being shitted on by a company that can't keep its story straight.

Alistair
Nerds get hard-ons for continuity. Likely... SW has been getting more and more ridiculous every year, look at TFU2...

SithAce_1
Well well my thread's gettin some love again! LOL
Anyway have you checked out the whole website TOR cus they are also including the KOTOR storyline into the TOR storyline saying the "Emperor" sent Reven and Malak to find the star fordge to accellerate the invasion of Republic space. And the "Emperor" turned Reven and Malak to the darkside to start the whole invasion 300yrs earlier than it eventually does. How's that for continuity and canon rewrite! LOL

Slash_KMC
Everywhere I see people complaining about that last holorecord. I still don't see how anything has changed, apart from the fact that Bastila wasn't with Revan when he fought Malak and that Revan suddenly seems to be taller.

But the fact that they met the Sith baddie in wild space was just filling in a missing plot point. They never did explain why they suddenly returned as Sith.

Also, people seem to say that TOR just completely forgets Kreia's rants in KOTOR 2, but it actually is possible that Revan was still trying to prepare the Republic for the Sith invasion.

truejedi
what are you talking about? you mean the record bastilla makes on korriban after revan left her there?

Slash_KMC
This one: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline/jedi-civil-war

Slash_KMC
Revan has pretty hair btw.

Nephthys
I guess I can't keep calling Revan a girl now, can I? sad

Not sure how canon that is though. It showed Bastila fighting Malak on the Star Forge, when she did no such thing. Plus I think its just a historians journal or something.

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Revan has pretty hair btw.

He's also white there.

Thus, it is obviously N-Canon.

Lord Lucien
Revan's taller than Malak there. He's got a reverse grip ala Marek. The Star Forge "built by the Rakata more than 25 centuries ago"? Jedi "Master" Bastila Shan?

Slash_KMC
Well, they may refer to her as Master because she eventually became a Master.

But yeah, they Star Forge date kinda contradicts the game and the reverse grip is just lame.

Dr McBeefington
Like I have repeatedly stated. Bioware has done no research on continuity and decided to make some random shit up.

No Captain_Jewface69 then? 131

Lord Lucien
I just watched the rest of those entries. They're done well in essence, and the overall plot of this game is decent, and no further.

DS is right though, Bioware does not give two flying f*cks about the rest of the mythos' continuity. Naga Sadow was destroyed by Nadd like 800 years before. Now they're claiming he wasn't and possessed the body of a Jedi? Jesus...

I used to like Bioware, they did a good job with KotOR and Mass Effect etc. But they've become full of their own success. They've been given permission to effectively transplant the entire Clone Wars and Rebellion era. Clone troopers, TIE-esque fighters, Star Destroyers, Moffs, Sith Emperors.

This game is ridiculous. I'll never be able to bring myself to play it. Star Wars has officially become unoriginal--ripping itself off for the sake of money.

EDIT: Goddammit, I just noticed that even the Sith Empire's insignia is the same as the Galactic Empire. Which itself is the Old Republic insignia.

You have to look at it from their perspective, though. The fact of the matter is that they're trying to appeal to the casual consumer. The casual consumer is going to play the game and be like: "Dude, that ship looks like the X-Wing from the movies! I want to play as that one!". Yeah, they're not going to realize (or care, rather), that it's unrealistic considering the era and continuity. But that doesn't matter. Bioware is a business, and they are in the business of making money. That means that they have to focus on making the game as appealing to eight-year olds and soccer moms as possible. Authors need to rely on keeping continuity because the novels are geared toward more hardcore fans, thus for them to make money they need to appeal to people such as ourselves. However if I were working for Bioware, I'd say **** canon, because the more money the game makes, the nicer a car I can buy for my family.

So, yeah. Sucks that the story is lame, but it;s not as if Bioware is just a bunch of bastards for it. Bungie is doing the same thing. Does it make sense that Halo Reach's weaponry is completely different from in Halo 1 even though the battle for REACh takes place like a day before the events in HalO 1? No, but people want a game that is different from the others, **** the contuinity issues.

Lord Lucien
I don't condemn Bioware as a company. I can't even condemn the guys who decide what's going in where. It's a business. In real life, money matters more than what's going in a fictional world. But that doesn't mean what they've done is good. I understand their motives for doing it, but I disagree with what they've done.

I condemn any of them who tries to pass off what they've created as original or artistic. It's not.

Slash_KMC
It's not exactly the same. But yes, the Old Republic's insignia looks like the Rebel Alliance one and the Empire's also have about the same one.

There are some really bad looking insignia's.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't condemn Bioware as a company. I can't even condemn the guys who decide what's going in where. It's a business. In real life, money matters more than what's going in a fictional world. But that doesn't mean what they've done is good. I understand their motives for doing it, but I disagree with what they've done.

I condemn any of them who tries to pass off what they've created as original or artistic. It's not. Now you can understand while I've been bitching.

REXXXX
I feel like eventually we're going to be complaining about retcons for stuff that will be in the game. I've stopped caring.

As far as 'baseball bat lightsabers,' whenever it shows up in the CGI trailer videos, it's for dramatic effect. Same for the films. It happens. Get over it.

Lord Lucien
Baseball bat lightsabers...?

Nephthys
I prefer it personally. Lightsaber fights shouldn't be polished ballets of clean, scripted boring. They should be powerful and dramatic, engineered to fit the mood and be less about the fight itself and more about whats behind it. Baseball bat lightsaber fights just fit that better.

truejedi
baseball bat lightsabers are NOT dramatic. They are unrealistic. That TFU 2 trailer was EPIC, and made me want to play the game, but Marek's lightsaber worked like a lightsaber.

Jedi Academy and Jedi knight were the same way. Epic games, real lightsaber action. When they make a lightsaber that WON'T CUT THINGS, its just stupid. I can't see how you can say "get over" that.

Nephthys
Oh, you mean as in actually cutting things. Yeah, I was talking about style and form. Sabers should definately cut things.

Red Nemesis
It's not exactly the same. But yes, the Old Republic's insignia looks like the Rebel Alliance one and the Empire's also have about the same one.

There are some really bad looking insignia's.
"Insignias" should not be pluralized with an apostrophe. erm
They are some of them godawful, though. (I do like the Chiss' insignia, and I will be incorporating it into everything evah from now on.)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090322012020/starwars/images/thumb/3/34/Chiss_Ascendancy.svg/114px-Chiss_Ascendancy.svg.png

baseball bat lightsabers are NOT dramatic. They are unrealistic.

Welcome to Star Wars. no expression

Enyalus
Has anyone seen the latest Metal Gear Solid trailers?

AtM3PGyiQUc

Damn LucasArts and Bioware, etc, for not giving lightsabers those kind of physics.

My main problem with the TOR storyline so far is that, from what I've seen of the comics, the Sith Emperor is.....human. But he supposedly comes from the Golden Age of the Sith, I would assume after the Dark Jedi had bred with the Sith and Ragnos' death. I mean, isn't part of his story that he was one of the Sith Lords during Sadow's reign? And all those lords were Sith. And I suppose they could explain it via essence transference, but goddamnit, that is so played out and lame.

Bleh.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
"Insignias" should not be pluralized with an apostrophe. erm
They are some of them godawful, though. (I do like the Chiss' insignia, and I will be incorporating it into everything evah from now on.)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090322012020/starwars/images/thumb/3/34/Chiss_Ascendancy.svg/114px-Chiss_Ascendancy.svg.png

Mandalorian FTW.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061022213849/starwars/images/thumb/5/53/Mandalorian_Neo-Crusader_and_Modern_Era_Symbol.JPG/254px-Mandalorian_Neo-Crusader_and_Modern_Era_Symbol.JPG

+ shuddap
I forgot to add the word forms: Insignia's forms.

Welcome to Star Wars. no expression

Exactly what I was thinking.

Enyalus
The boys at TOR decided to get cute, apparently:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/sarlacc-enforcer

In particular, check out the third combat tactics video....Sarlacc Death Star!!!!

lol

Cute joke. Nice to see that they have a sense of humor.

mattatom
What. The. Hell?

Enyalus
Apparently it was part of an April Fool's thing. But as it was just brought to my attention, I figured sharing it late was better than sharing it never.

mattatom
Originally posted by Enyalus
Apparently it was part of an April Fool's thing. But as it was just brought to my attention, I figured sharing it late was better than sharing it never. Now the novelty is lost they should remove it. Permanently.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Slash_KMC Everywhere I see people complaining about that last holorecord. I still don't see how anything has changed, apart from the fact that Bastila wasn't with Revan when he fought Malak and that Revan suddenly seems to be taller.
Yes! I don't find that Holocron disturbing. It actually is a welcome addition.

For Bastila Shan: The narrator likely implied that Revan was accompanied by Bastila Shan in his quest to defeat the Sith. The image shown is tricky though.

And Revan does seems taller than Malak which is one noticeable contradiction from the games.

But the fact that they met the Sith baddie in wild space was just filling in a missing plot point. They never did explain why they suddenly returned as Sith.
They did not suddenly turned. The narrator pointed out that no one knew that har far the two have already fallen during the Mandalorian Wars. However, their fall was complete when they met the Sith Emperor.

Also, people seem to say that TOR just completely forgets Kreia's rants in KOTOR 2, but it actually is possible that Revan was still trying to prepare the Republic for the Sith invasion.
Yes! The narrator pointed out that both were envisioning their own Empire.

Regarding Revan, Kriea also hinted that he wanted the combined might of the Republic (under his control with intact infrastructure) and his rapidly expanding Empire (via Star Forge) to counter the threat posed by the Emperor.

chilled monkey
moar?!

yes please

That was AWESOME!

I especially liked the female Jedi. She rocked!

Nephthys
That trooper's got nothing on Delta squad. The unbelievable amount of shit they went through is redonkulous.

Enyalus
From Republic Commando?

Didn't Delta Squad have trouble taking down two manganaurds at the end, despite being armed with like, missiles and shotguns?

Enyalus
MANAGUARDS HAZ NEAR-LITESPEED REFLEXS!!!!!!!!!!!

So says Matt Stover.

I DIDN'T SAY MANAGUARDS I SAID MANGA-NAURDS.

READING COMPREHENSION MOTHER****ER, DO YOU HAVE IT?!

Enyalus
lol

I got nothin.

SithAce_1
Any new feelings about TOR since E3 info. ?

Nephthys
New Races

Multiplayer peak

Armor peak

Player Ships (and some bitchin'character models)

Class Specialisations: Jedi Knight

Class Specialisations: Sith Warrior

Apprentice companion confirmed

Game looks promising. Hurm.

Though I'm torn between Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. Sith because of the shock and awe factor, cool robes, ranged Lightning attacks etc, and IA becuase they can call in orbital bombardments. Which is wins.

Slash_KMC
It's WoW with voices and spaceships. Also, a jab at storytelling.

I have high standards.

Nephthys
I have to say, I've just been over to the Guild Wars 2 website, and it looks WAAAAAAAAAY better than TOR's looking at the moment.

mattatom
Originally posted by Nephthys
I have to say, I've just been over to the Guild Wars 2 website, and it looks WAAAAAAAAAY better than TOR's looking at the moment. QFT

Aede Madavan
Final Fantasy XI beats either of them.

ares834
There is now an advanced class called Jedi Wizard... sick

LOL

That's horrible. haermm

Ushgarak
Everything released about this game in the last few months has made it look actively worse. Impressive in its way.

lol. I've been looking at videos and comparing.

There's several class displays. So compare this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0RjozCKJ4

To any TOR video that's out. GW2 looks soooo much more intresting, lol.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by ares834
There is now an advanced class called Jedi Wizard... sick

Haha, apparently they've lost all imagination. It's funny because in the old days Jedi were just called wizards. But I guess they needed something to oppose the Sith Sorcerer.

truejedi
seriously, "jedi wizard"? Someday some new 12 year old member is going to come in here and ask us questions about a freaking JEDI WIZARD? I want to cry now.

Dr McBeefington
There is nothing impressive, nor original about this game. Bioware also completely destroyed the character of Regan.

Nephthys
To be fair, its just a name. Even if that name is horrendous and completely ****ing rediculous.

ares834
Snape kills Dumbledore!

My god though some of the names are so bad... Yeah, Jedi Wizard is the worst but Powertech gives it a run for its money. Sounds like a ****in microwave or dishwasher.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Enyalus
Has anyone seen the latest Metal Gear Solid trailers?

AtM3PGyiQUc

Damn LucasArts and Bioware, etc, for not giving lightsabers those kind of physics.

My main problem with the TOR storyline so far is that, from what I've seen of the comics, the Sith Emperor is.....human. But he supposedly comes from the Golden Age of the Sith, I would assume after the Dark Jedi had bred with the Sith and Ragnos' death. I mean, isn't part of his story that he was one of the Sith Lords during Sadow's reign? And all those lords were Sith. And I suppose they could explain it via essence transference, but goddamnit, that is so played out and lame.

Bleh.

The Emperor is only using a human body.

As for the whole "Jedi Wizard" issue, it really doesn't bother me. Afterall, "wizards" already exist in the Star Wars universe.

Allankles
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Everything released about this game in the last few months has made it look actively worse. Impressive in its way.

I haven't been paying too much attention to it until recently, and its been disheartened listening to the storyline narrations. Almost everything intriguing about Kotor 1 and especially Kotor 2 has been sucked dry.

Unnecessary retconning with over simplification, making the whole damn narration look sparse in story telling quality. Can't wait till this thing is released so that LA can focus on something more worthwile.

If Bioware are behind this retconning, it's a shame since they're trampling over the better parts of the work done in the Kotor series (even some of their own) but when you think about it, you know this dross will still sell. Brand power and all that, & nowadays the Bioware brand can/will add to that power.

ares834
Revan lives...

Clicky

Q99
I wonder what happened to the Exile.

ares834
No one cares... stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
Gay.

Allankles
Originally posted by ares834
Revan lives...

Clicky

Who's writing this? It comes off like your run-of-the-mill fanboy fan fiction. So small minded.

Nephthys
Interesting concept is interesting. I would love for this to get implemented. It would be so hardcore and badass to track a player into a secluded map and then just blast the sucker in the head. Just as it would be cool to live in fear of that happening to you. It would definately add points to the bounty hunter class.

Nephthys

Dr McBeefington

The game is called Star Wars, not World of Warcraft.

Nephthys
I must have missed where you can do that in WOW. mmm

Dr McBeefington
I must have missed where you can do that in WOW. mmm

Warcraft 3? One of those warcraft games?

Nephthys
There is no crafting in any warcraft games. Though Warcraft 3 is preety l33t.

Dr McBeefington
Bioware is retarded. The only thing they got right was the fall of Exar Kun. I don't visit their crappy site but once a month.

Nephthys
Well at least the Crew skills sounds interesting.

Slash_KMC
They do a lot to keep the fans satisfied, they're even going to change one of the advanced classes because people were complaining about it. They even give the fans several options to vote for.

Nephthys
YEAH, CRY MOAR BEEFY.

Dr McBeefington
They do a lot to keep the fans satisfied, they're even going to change one of the advanced classes because people were complaining about it. They even give the fans several options to vote for. Yet they've destroyed virtually all Kotor continuity.

Only nerds care about continuity. I am one of those nerds, but, I at least understand why they're ****ing the continuity to not care too much.

My biggest beef about the game is that it all looks just oh so generic. There's nothing in it that specifically says to me "This is Star Wars".

Dr McBeefington
Only nerds care about continuity. I am one of those nerds, but, I at least understand why they're ****ing the continuity to not care too much.

My biggest beef about the game is that it all looks just oh so generic. There's nothing in it that specifically says to me "This is Star Wars". Only morons don't care about continuity if they spend money on a game or franchise. They don't have any reasons other than laziness.

Thing is, you can have never read any of the comics or novels, and still understand the storyline within the game. So, why would the average not you or me worry about how the story within the game conflicts with the pre-established one?

Dr McBeefington
Thing is, you can have never read any of the comics or novels, and still understand the storyline within the game. So, why would the average not you or me worry about how the story within the game conflicts with the pre-established one?

Bullshit. If they kept things consistent from KOTOR 1-2, you don't need to read anything else.

My point is that, I really don't think anyone but people like you and I are going to really care.

Lord Lucien
No one else does care. I know a good few people interested in the Old Republic and that have played the KotOR games. But they're not as in to Star Wars as myself or anyone else here, and they don't give a shit that the "story doesn't fit" or it messes up "continuity". They just want an MMO with a lightsaber.

Slash_KMC
Exactly, most people don't look at it like a story or novel but an actual game instead. They want to play it and have fun.

I actually quite like the crew system. Although it kinda reminds me of Galactic Battlegrounds...

Lord Lucien
It's part of the reason I enjoyed playing The Force Unleashed II. I was able to play through the game 3 times to get the achievements because I managed to view the game as nothing more than an entertaining hack-and-slash with a familiar theme.

But seeing as how I don't care for MMO's or the story of The Old Republic, I'll be avoiding it.

chilled monkey
I don't play games much.

I'm looking forwards to the new novel "SW:TOR: Deceived" though.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I don't play games much.

I'm looking forwards to the new novel "SW:TOR: Deceived" though.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this as well. Darth Malgus seems badass.

chilled monkey
I can't believe I'm saying this but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this as well. Darth Malgus seems badass.

I agree. It should be interesting to learn more about his backstory.

Black bolt z
Is there even a rumored release date for this game?

Black bolt z
2:18 after he wakes up. alll 3 fights happening at once, it all happens in 1 second. watch though: 3 stomtroopers are killed at three levels all at once, and all of them react as though hit by a sold object instead of being cut in half.

Dollars to donuts this game lacks realistic lightsaber action. I get so sick of baseball lightsabers... How many games with lightsabers actually cut the people up? I mean that would be a pretty hard thing to do.

Not to mention that if it were like that lightsabers would be a one hit one kill weapon.

ares834
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Is there even a rumored release date for this game?

Sometime in October is the rumor.

Nephthys
According to the link you posted its December 31st.

ares834
Amazon just puts a random date when they open pre-orders and don't know the release date.

Nephthys
Well thats retarded.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Black bolt z
How many games with lightsabers actually cut the people up? I mean that would be a pretty hard thing to do.

Not to mention that if it were like that lightsabers would be a one hit one kill weapon. 2002's Jedi Outcast would often dismember people (not every time, but enough). You could activate a cheat that would one-kill any regular enemy via dismemberment of any body part your blade touched. Great thing was that it worked both ways: if you weren't quick with dodging and blocking, an enemy's lightsaber could one-hit kill you as well.

Loved that game.

Black bolt z
Am I the only one that thinks a story driven MMO doesn't work out quite so well?

From all the interviews and videos I have watched it appears this game is just another bioware game with nothing added but the ability to play with others if you so choose.

Is it just me or it that what it seems like to everyone else?

Lord Lucien
No a few of us here do as well. I'm not against the story (in general), but the fact so much of their effort has gone in to making it MMO-compatible is going seriously hamper it. I care far more about story and character development in games than I do actual gameplay, and I don't feel this Mass Effect looking, half-consistent, money-grab is going to live up to any (even reasonable) expectation I'd set for it.

Of course, even if it did, I still wouldn't play it because f*ck MMOs.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>