superman II (richard Donnar version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I have a question, why in the hell was Richard Donner replaced as director for superman II? I just watched his version and it is far superior to what was released.

super pr*xy
i think he had major disagreements with salinger or whoever over the screenplay.. they wanted to change donner's version drastically.. donner quit and the result was superman 2 and 3..

darthmaul1
Originally posted by super pr*xy
i think he had major disagreements with salinger or whoever over the screenplay.. they wanted to change donner's version drastically.. donner quit and the result was superman 2 and 3..

LUCKY us.....NOT!!!

Enyalus
Superman III's casting director must have went on a tequila binge before doing his job. "Richard Pryor in a Superman movie, now that'll work! Oh, and we can make him a computer programmer. That'll really go over well."

Uncool.

roughrider
Knowing what we do now, it was amazing Superman II was as entertaining as it was - even as a kid, I still felt something was wrong, somehow.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by super pr*xy

it was salkind, not salinger.. my bad..

steverules_2
Originally posted by Enyalus
Superman III's casting director must have went on a tequila binge before doing his job. "Richard Pryor in a Superman movie, now that'll work! Oh, and we can make him a computer programmer. That'll really go over well."

Uncool.

Sorry but that wasn't the worst part of it...the super computer itself was worse...I mean seriously...superman getting beaten...by a f*cking computer...getting his ass kicked...by a computer...that was the worst of it

roughrider
Originally posted by steverules_2
Sorry but that wasn't the worst part of it...the super computer itself was worse...I mean seriously...superman getting beaten...by a f*cking computer...getting his ass kicked...by a computer...that was the worst of it

That computer was originally supposed to be Brainiac. Instead it became a pale imitation, just as Robert Vaughn's character was just a wink-wink-nudge-nudge stand in for Lex Luthor.

super pr*xy
superman vs clark in the junk yard was the silver lining in that shit storm they called superman 3..

roughrider
I actually didn't find Richard Pryor a distraction in this. I was a kid at the time, so maybe I was more forgiving.

super pr*xy
when i was a kid watching superman 3, i didn't know about other superman villains.. so seeing him fight a different villain- albeit it was lex luthor in a different incarnation- was something new to me.. and superman getting drunk in a bar and just making a mess out of it was pure enjoyment to me.. if it was me with all those powers, i'd be like that too.. it must take a considerable amount of discipline and control to always be a boy scout with super powers..

plus, gus gorman was funny.. they even imitated his crime in office space.. hehe..

darthmaul1
I loved the hightec computer screen when they were trying to shoot down superman on his way to the base.
LOL

darthmaul1
I always hated how lois found out clark was superman in the original superman II when he trips over that bear!! even as a kid i was like what the hell?? he's superman he can't stop himself from falling?

super pr*xy
that's one of his lesser known weakness though.. dead bear carpet.. its rarely documented, and superman 2 was one of those rare documents..

K-Dog
I always thought he did that on purpose so he could reveal his love for Lois, and he could get some smooching.

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
That computer was originally supposed to be Brainiac. Instead it became a pale imitation, just as Robert Vaughn's character was just a wink-wink-nudge-nudge stand in for Lex Luthor.

ugh3

I do remember reading somewhere that it was an imitation of Brainiac...I saw no resemblance whatsoever a part from the fact it tried to kill supes

super pr*xy
Originally posted by K-Dog
I always thought he did that on purpose so he could reveal his love for Lois, and he could get some smooching.

and he could bust her out with his super sperm..

there's a piece of rapper's delight reference for those taking notes..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.