Marvelman vs Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Marvelman(Miracleman)

vs

Starfire

Who takes the cake?

Bentley
I know neither character has a raging fan base, but still...

Q99
I would say Marvelman, he's supposed to be like Captain Marvel, right?

Good news is his books are scheduled to come back in print soon.

Bentley
Yep, I hope the last few arcs planned for him work out as first intended and see where it goes from there.

I don't recall any massive durability/strength feat that puts Marvelman at Captain Marvel's level, he has a similar powerset.

Konton
I'd comment if I knew anything about Marvelman. =p

dmills
Not enough info to make an informed decision. But I like his power set and ya'll know I loves me some obscure b -listers that have the power to whoop mainstream popular character's arses.

Q99
He's not exactly a B-lister. He was a big title in Marvel UK (taking Captain Marvel's place after some legal stuff involving him), and had writing done by Alan Moore and later Neil Gaiman.

Mainly he's a major part of comic history that's hard to find out about due to a massive legal struggle (unrelated to the previous legal struggle) that kept reprints from being made.

dmills
I'd like to get some more info. Anyone know if his wikipedia entry is accurate?

Q99
I believe it's largely accurate, though not having read to book makes confirmation tricky.

marwash22
i don't know enough about Marvelman.

Bentley
His modern tenure (which retconned most of the golden age adventures he had), lasted about 22 books. Moore did about 15-16 and Gaiman the rest until it got cancelled. Both were pretty good in my opinion, they share things with other works from both authors. I may upload some stuff later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.