You write it: Batman vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Marvel and DC decide to run a new poll contest in which Wolvie and Bats are pitted against each other. You are the one who writes how the winning character wins it.

The winner is: BATMAN.

So now, you have to write Batman besting Wolverine in combat in the way you prefer, take one of three choices:

1.- Make the funniest scenario.
2.- Actually respect both characters and come up with a plausible win.
3.- The way it would piss Wolverine fans the most.
4.- The way it would piss Batman fans the most.

Name which challenge you are trying before your post, keep it civil and have fun wink

JakeTheBank
Hey, this isn't a bad idea. thumb up

Okay, I'll try to do option #2.

As with most Marvel/DC crossovers, the two heroes fighting is usually the result of a misunderstanding or something or another. The story itself would have Logan thrown into the DC Universe thanks in part to him stopping some nefarious plot of Apoc's along with his fellow X-Men. Apoc builds some machine thingy-majig that would enable him to breach universes, but Logan slashes the core drive with his claws, causing him to be warped, atom by atom, into the DCU by his lonesome.

After getting readjusted to a world that doesn't hate and despise him purely on his being different, Logan decides to chill and hit the nearest bar which just happens to be in Gotham City. While there, he meets Matches Malone, who is busy antagonizing some of the local ruffians. Eventually a bar fight breaks out, and Logan ends up wrecking the opposition, being pushed to the point where he pops his claws. Before he can permanently rearrange someone's face, Malone stops him. Not appreciating the guy responsible for starting the whole fiasco trying to prevent him from asserting himself, Logan backhands the holy hell out of Malone, sending him crashing to the ground. Fed up, Logan decides to leave, but not before briefly smelling Malone's scent tailing him and then vanishing altogether.

Malone, obviously one of Batman's aliases, returns to the Cave, curious on the newcomer to the Gotham underground scene. Naturally, he turns up nothing on the Bat Computer that would give him any relevant info. He does, however, have a hair fiber he had plucked from Logan and decides to do some more in depth research. He discovers that the newcomer has a DNA sequence unlike anything he has quite seen before, deducing the man is no doubt a metahuman of some sorts. Concerned a man such as he could possibly cause more problems in his city, Batman decides to go on a hunt for him.

Eventually, after some trying, Batman locates Logan, who is about to cut Killer Croc to bits (my homage to Marvel vs. DC big grin ). Batman fires a cable around Logan's wrist and tells him to cease and desist, allowing the injured Croc to escape and lick his wounds. Logan, recalling the scent from before, and pissed he's being stalked, attacks Batman. Batman is immeadiately thrown on the defensive, surprised at the speed and ferocity of Logan. He also notes that despite the frenzied appearance of his attacks, the wildman is most definetely skilled and not just attacking randomly. Logan likewises concedes the "flying rat" knows what he's doing, but also realizes the guy is tiring ever so slightly where as he is not.

Eventually, Logan manages to cut into into the fiber of the Batsuit, drawing blood. Realizing that he can't afford to dodge forever, Batman throws a volley of batarangs at the man, attempting to buy sometime to regroup. Logan cuts them all but one out of mid air, but narrowly misses the final one which strikes him sqaure in the neck. Horrified, Batman attempts to offer aid to the man, but stops as Logan nonchantantly removes the bladed weapon and heals in front of his eyes. Batman, grimly realizing that he can't afford to engage Logan in prolonged combat, presses a button on his utility belt before hurling a smoke grenade at Logan, which has little to no effect.

A cat and mouse game ensues, with Logan's senses and tracking ability being a match for Batman's evasive ability and knowledge of Gotham's rooftops. Finally, Logan corners Batman and begins to demand answers, answers about where the hell he is, who the hell Bats is, and just why the hell he doesn't just fight him like a man. Batman smugly responds that directly, he can't best Logan at least not now that he's injured. He then tosses his utility belt at Logan, remarking that he has to "think outside the box". Logan's senses inform him of the smell of explosive gel, but the belt explodes with enough force to literally knock Logan off of his feet as well as cause significant surface damage to his skin and muscle layers. Batman pauses for a moment, waiting to see Logan's skin begin to heal before pressing his advantage, confident that he can't really kill the man. He employs a series of quick nerve strikes which serve to halt the healing factor, if only slightly, while managing to avoid a frenzied swipe from Logan in the process. He presses a button on his gauntlets, activating an electro-magnetic sort of "knuckle dusters", which fortifies his blows against Logan's metal skeleton. Eventually, Batman gets enough of a upper hand to cause Logan to tumble off the roof, but not before the former stabs Bats, once more in the upper shoulder. Logan's body crashes to the street below, as Batman, injured severely, makes it back to the Batmobile. He gathers himself and the KOed Logan and travels back to the cave.

Batman realizes that he only narrowly defeated Logan, and even then, only with his gadgets as he takes the mutant to the cave. Logan, who was only rendered koed for a moment and played possum to get to the cave remarks that Bats is a smart and cagey opponent with some "nice toys". I think it's a pretty fair representation of how Batman should beat Logan.

/end long post

PRAYERRUN
yeah, that would probably be it. Only thing about Logan is that he's not as book smart as Batman. Batman could probably outsmart him, but, like you said, he'd probably get his claws into the bat once or twice.

Juk3n
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

/end long post

that was actually pretty good thumb up

McNasty996
Pretty good man

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
Marvel and DC decide to run a new poll contest in which Wolvie and Bats are pitted against each other. You are the one who writes how the winning character wins it.

The winner is: BATMAN.

So now, you have to write Batman besting Wolverine in combat in the way you prefer, take one of three choices:

1.- Make the funniest scenario.
2.- Actually respect both characters and come up with a plausible win.

Name which challenge you are trying before your post, keep it civil and have fun wink might have to steal this thread idea like i did leo's glare

wolverine slashes at air for the whole match and comments how outmatched he is (batman stays silent), only for batman to oneshot him in the throat with a chop/kick. logan keels over ko'd.

batman says "rookie" and walks away.

replace wolverine with daken, and batman with punisher

Bouboumaster
4- Batman see Wolverine killing the Joker

B - What have you done? Murderer!

W - Relax, bub. I did what a punk wasn't able to do, you should be grateful.

B - You're not better than him! I'll stop you!

*Batman try to kick Wolverine. Wolverine dodge the kick*

W - Not bad, youngster. Might be actually good. But I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do is kicking your butt!

*Wolverine connect a punch in the ribs of Batman and kick his face. Batman fall on the ground, get up and cheap shot Wolverine with a kick in the stomach*

W - Bub, I tank punch from the Hulk. And you hit like a girl. Lemme show you how to punch.

*after three or four pannels of ass kicking, Wolverine let Batman alive, in a trashcan. He then fight against Cassandra, he beat her even more easely, he bangs her, he teach her how to fight, Sabertooth come, kills Cass, then Wolverine and Sabertooth fight, while Batman is completly flabergasted by what the hell is happening here.*

Lord_Talron
pretty cool idea, i might try putting my writing skills to the test here later big grin

Omega Vision
Setting: Marvel/DC shared Universe

Background: Victor Creed, strapped for cash after a disastrous enterprise with Catwoman approaches R'as Al Ghul as a means to secure some finances. He offers to kill the supervillain's nemesis: Batman. R'as Al Ghul considers the offer but refuses, electing a different path.

Having been previously thwarted in a recent scheme by a team up between Wolverine and Batman R'as Al Ghul hatches a plot to destroy both heroes.

He dispatches Sabretooth who tracks Wolverine and manages to ambush him with the aid of several Assassins acting as a distraction. Sabretooth brings Wolverine to R'as Al Ghul who when asked of his plans for Wolverine tells Sabretooth he has something "grand" planned.

R'as sets about molding Wolverine into a brainwashed slave soldier by way of lengthy exposure to the Lazarus pits which react uniquely to Wolverine's immortal physiology, essentially wiping clean his mind and leaving him a blank slate for R'as to shape. R'as instills in Wolverine a single minded hatred for Batman and sets him lose.

The First Fight:
Wolverine catches Batman on a roof top in downtown Gotham after Batman has just finished apprehending a pair of would be arsonists. Batman isn't expecting a fight and consequently isn't prepared for what happens next.

Batman is slashed across the abdomen (saved from disembowelment thanks only to his honed reflexes) and then kicked off the rooftop before he can raise a defense, plummeting seemingly to his death.

At the last moment the Bat-Mobile swings by, catching Bruce in a safety cushion and driving off before Wolverine can give chase.

Regroup:
Batman returns to the Batcave only to find Talia Al Ghul waiting for him. Before Bruce can say a word Talia plants a kiss on his lips and hands him a strange piece of metal: a fragment of the fabled Muramasa blade that her father had acquired as protection in case Sabretooth turned on him.

Talia informs Bruce that her father is once again attempting to kill him. He hopes that by having Wolverine slay the Dark Knight he can also ensure Wolverine be buried by vengeful Superheroes looking to avenge Batman's death.

She says she is helping him because her father's methods have become too horrible for her conscience and that she can't bear the thought of her beloved dying at the hand of a good man like Wolverine who would in turn be punished for what her father forced him to do.

Talia leaves, telling Batman that what he does with the metal fragment is up to him.

The second fight:
Wolverine uses his tracking skills to discover the Batcave underneath Wayne manor. When he arrives Batman is ready for him, with Mr Freeze's gun.

Wolverine is hit square in the chest with a blast from the gun and propelled into the giant penny (from the Penny Plunderer) which collapses on top of him. Wolverine manages to lift the penny just enough to squeeze away from it and leaps at Batman, knocking the freeze gun away and bowling Batman over.

Batman bucks Wolverine off and hits Wolverine with a flash bomb which while successfully blinding Logan doesn't hinder his powerful sense of smell. Unfortunately for Logan Batman had accounted for this and covered the entire Batcave in his scent (explaining the ease at which Logan found him) forced to rely on his hearing (which is still superhuman) until his sight returns Logan is at a slight handicap.

He lunges at Batman once more with his claws while Batman breaks the case containing Deathstroke's sword, successfuly parrying Wolverine's claws with the blade.

The two duel for a short time, Wolverine with his claws and Batman with the sword until at last the claws slice the blade in half. Batman catches Wolverine with a leg sweep and skillfully nabs Wolverine's foot, swinging Logan around and tossing him to the side, causing Wolverine to slam into the giant dinosaur, which collapses on top of him.

As Batman attempts to catch his breath it seems for a moment that Wolverine is down for the count. Within seconds however Wolverine's shining claws slash apart the statue and Wolverine bursts forth. His claws just barely miss Batman's heart, slashing open the Dark Knight's pectoral muscle and drawing blood.

Wolverine appears to be ready to deal the killing blow when the Batmobile (on Batman's command) rams him at sixty-five miles per hour. Wolverine is tossed across the cave while the front end of the Batmobile is completely crushed on impact with Wolverine and his adamantium skeleton.

Once he stops moving Wolverine gets back up to his feet, only to find Batman wielding a Batarang with a blade made from the Muramasa fragment. With supreme accuracy Batman hurls the Batarang at Wolverine's heart. The Muramasa metal cuts through his flesh and adamantium skeleton like a knife through butter and lodges in his heart. Wolverine collapses, seemingly dead.

The Aftermath:
As it happened the Batarang was designed to release a stream of hydrogen sulfide into the bloodstream that would put a person in a deep state of stasis, deeper than a coma but not quite death. When Wolverine awakes in the Batcave he is greeted by the smiling faces of Professor Charles Xavier and the Martian Manhunter, who as Batman will later attest to "pulled an all-nighter" restoring his mind from the damage R'as inflicted.

To Wolverine it seems like a bad dream but as Batman's scars demonstrate it all happened. They resolve to hunt down R'as Al Ghul and though Wolverine wishes to kill him Batman is reluctant to go to such extreme measures, thinking of Talia.

Batman instead suggests they not sink to R'as's level and says that if they attempt to kill him for revenge then it would mean R'as was right about humanity and its destructive nature. Wolverine reluctantly agrees with Batman that the best course of action is to show R'as Al Ghul that no matter how evil a villain can get, good men can always rise above him.

/fanfiction

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
4- Batman see Wolverine killing the Joker

B - What have you done? Murderer!

W - Relax, bub. I did what a punk wasn't able to do, you should be grateful.

B - You're not better than him! I'll stop you!

*Batman try to kick Wolverine. Wolverine dodge the kick*

W - Not bad, youngster. Might be actually good. But I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do is kicking your butt!

*Wolverine connect a punch in the ribs of Batman and kick his face. Batman fall on the ground, get up and cheap shot Wolverine with a kick in the stomach*

W - Bub, I tank punch from the Hulk. And you hit like a girl. Lemme show you how to punch.

*after three or four pannels of ass kicking, Wolverine let Batman alive, in a trashcan. He then fight against Cassandra, he beat her even more easely, he bangs her, he teach her how to fight, Sabertooth come, kills Cass, then Wolverine and Sabertooth fight, while Batman is completly flabergasted by what the hell is happening here.*

Don't forget Batman has to win.

srankmissingnin
4. Something about Batman being an Adrenalin junkie who fights crime to get off, that he is just playing at being a hero and if he took it even remotely seriously he would take steps to insure someone like the Joker never sees release again (which is well with in his means) and would use his vast income to make an Iron-man esq battle armor, but instead he wants to impress criminals with his awesome kung-fu skills for no apparent reason, and his own piece of mind is more important that the countless innocent lives his enemies have taken because he isn't willing to do what is necessary.

evil face

psycho gundam
hahahhahaah

can't wait till batdude reads that

trust i'll be bumping this

psycho gundam
bump big grin

Parmaniac
laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
4. Something about Batman being an Adrenalin junkie who fights crime to get off, that he is just playing at being a hero and if he took it even remotely seriously he would take steps to insure someone like the Joker never sees release again (which is well with in his means) and would use his vast income to make an Iron-man esq battle armor, but instead he wants to impress criminals with his awesome kung-fu skills for no apparent reason, and his own piece of mind is more important that the countless innocent lives his enemies have taken because he isn't willing to do what is necessary.

evil face

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/clayfacerampage4.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batzoidvsclayface2.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-superarmor1.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batech-superarmor2.jpg

srankmissingnin
Obviously he can and has made suits of armor, but the fact that he doesn't use them is just further proof that he is a Adrenalin junkie rich boy looking for a thrill money can't buy, a thrill he gets from playing at being a superhero and impressing criminals with his kung-fu skills. Batman should use everything in his means to make his job easier, but he doesn't. If his character fallowed any sort of internal logic he'd be Ironman, but instead he gets a boner from needlessly risking his life by pointlessly engaging in martial combat with everyone. Grow up Batman, stop playing games with peoples lives you sociopath!!!

evil face

Wild Shadow
if not Ironman at least night thrasher...

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Obviously he can and has made suits of armor, but the fact that he doesn't use them is just further proof that he is a Adrenalin junkie rich boy looking for a thrill money can't buy, a thrill he gets from playing at being a superhero and impressing criminals with his kung-fu skills. Batman should use everything in his means to make his job easier, but he doesn't. If his character fallowed any sort of internal logic he'd be Ironman, but instead he gets a boner from needlessly risking his life by pointlessly engaging in martial combat with everyone. Grow up Batman, stop playing games with peoples lives you sociopath!!!

evil face

Which is why I love him. smile

He doesn't take the pussy way out.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by batdude123

He doesn't take the pussy way out. Yeah it would be too easy to run around with... hmm... let's say indestructible claws shifty

Wild Shadow
only when it comes to killing does he take the p@#@y way out..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123

He doesn't take the pussy way out.
It would be interesting to see what Batman would be capable of if he focused more on science and less on detective work and martial arts.

Batman really is only the best at one thing (detective work) but he's number two or three in about twelve other fields.

JakeTheBank
We've all read Kingdom Come, right?

Bat Sentries FTW!

dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.