Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ushomefree
h_uWNzcKlqc&feature=related

CWksaiYIrP4&feature=related

What do you think?

Ms.Marvel
i think that before i dedicate twenty minutes of my life to those videos you should summarize in your own words what the videos are about and why theyre important smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i think that before i dedicate twenty minutes of my life to those videos you should summarize in your own words what the videos are about and why theyre important smile

Ben Stein thinks that belief in evolution causes Nazism but ignores that Darwin's work was banned in Nazi Germany. There, just saved you 19 minutes.

Ms.Marvel
thanks dear big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ben Stein thinks that belief in evolution causes Nazism but ignores that Darwin's work was banned in Nazi Germany. There, just saved you 19 minutes.

He tries to do it oh so cleverly too. 'Darwinism teaches eugenics; do you know who else believed strongly in eugenics, Hitler did.' *insert picture of Dachau*

Lost all respect for that guy, couldn't finish watching the film, considering his shit-tactics. Also loved how he edited Dawkins segment to suit his case. What a clown.

chomperx9
so religion comes 1st before education ?

Robtard
Originally posted by chomperx9
so religion comes 1st before education ?

There's a portion of the US population that want this, yes.

Phoenix2001
As intelligent as Ben Stein is, he makes himself look like a complete 'tard. There are other things he has said that have made me seriously consider exactly what credentials he has.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
As intelligent as Ben Stein is, he makes himself look like a complete 'tard. There are other things he has said that have made me seriously consider exactly what credentials he has.

His credentials are:
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
juris doctor from Yale

That's about it.

Digi
The entirety of that movie has been debunked thoroughly by scholarly sources, including the alleged firings for no other reason than that the people believed in intelligent design. The (un)scientific aspects of it have long since been debunked, but at least the firings provided some fresh investigative material. As is usually the case with the anti-evolution crowd, there's an agenda at work underneath the facade. They're not interested in actual using science properly, just warping it to further their beliefs. The movie itself is a farce, and the deliberately misleading propoganda it spreads should be deplored.

Ushome once again slaps us with some videos, without context, preamble, explanation, summary, or opinion, and expects it to have some affect. You should know better than this by now, frankly.

On an unrelated note, I lul'd at the poll. "I have major concerns!" Indeed.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Digi
Ushome once again slaps us with some videos, without context, preamble, explanation, summary, or opinion, and expects it to have some affect. You should know better than this by now, frankly.

On an unrelated note, I lul'd at the poll. "I have major concerns!" Indeed.

The poll is also deliberately constructed to be misleading so as to skew the results in his favor.

Phoenix2001
What is Stein up to? Is he trying to shroud knowledge up so that we so called "commoners" can be less threatening?

Didn't he say at some point that the 3 trillion dollars the US government has is a made up number and is more like a few hundred million?

One Free Man
Originally posted by chomperx9
so religion comes 1st before education ? actually, neither should be taught in schools. It's not relevant to any relevant academia and its not a life-skill.

how the universe began has no impact on your education or vocation in any way.

Robtard
Originally posted by One Free Man
actually, neither should be taught in schools. It's not relevant to any relevant academia and its not a life-skill.

Evolution theory (and intelligence design) have nothing to do with "how the universe began".

Bardock42
actually, neither should be taught in schools. It's not relevant to any relevant academia and its not a life-skill.

That would make sense, if school was designed to prepare you for menial works and perhaps some office duties. However that's not really what it is for.

Red Nemesis

Evolution is not relevant to academia or life? Wut?

Theodosius Dobzhansky would disagree. So would any of the victims of MRSA that were cured by modern medicine.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Bardock42
That would make sense, if school was designed to prepare you for menial works and perhaps some office duties. However that's not really what it is for. pardon my panties. USA has the worst schooling in the history of ever though. We're not exactly raising the next generation of brilliant minds.

alltoomany
Originally posted by Moriarty
pardon my panties. USA has the worst schooling in the history of ever though. We're not exactly raising the next generation of brilliant minds.
Why do you say that?

red g jacks
Originally posted by Moriarty
pardon my panties. USA has the worst schooling in the history of ever though. We're not exactly raising the next generation of brilliant minds. so lets fix that by not teaching modern science.

why do we even need schools if we're simply training the next generation of construction workers? just teach em spanish and send em on their way.

alltoomany
I dream of Jeannie...boy do I wish I had her power

ushomefree
Digi... with all due respect - aside from venting - what have you contributed to this thread? Honestly, what have you contributed? What are your major concerns pertaining to this video thread? You never mentioned them. But in any case, I didn't mean to insult you over a KMC video post.

And also... I've noticed that members of the forum have chosen to voice their efforts towards Ben Stein. Be that as it may, I really don't understand the connection. The man simply conducts interviews with various people and presents their information inline with Darwinism. Ben Stein never claims to be a scientist or a mister-know-it-all. What's goin' on here?

Robtard
Originally posted by ushomefree
Be that as it may, I really don't understand the connection. The man simply conducts interviews with various people and presents their information inline with Darwinism. Ben Stein never claims to be a scientist or a mister-know-it-all. What's goin' on here?

That's not being honest, now is it. His stance and tactics are far from neutral.

His silly attempt at an Ad Nazism argument, let alone his clever dicing up of Dawkins' interview is outright shameful and should immediately throw up a massive warning flag to anyone watching this.

Robtard
His use of the word "Darwinism" is another indicator that this film is probably not out to be objective in any manner. Evolution Theory has come a long way since Darwin, the man was a pioneer in the field and he set the path, but he was working with 19th century tech and he new little of other interconnected fields of science.

Might as well accuse modern medicine as being shit, while stating 19th century practices of using mercury and lead as the reason.

ushomefree
See... this is what I'm talking about. You obviously have an opinion, but you failed to support it. All you did is spout off, Robtard. Out of curiosity, have you ever written a term paper in college?

inimalist
Out of curiosity, have you ever written a term paper in college?

zing

Symmetric Chaos
How about the fact that he butchers the texts he quotes?

Here's a quote from the Origin of Species:

"With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilized men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination. We build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilized societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly anyone is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, even at the urging of hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with an overwhelming present evil."

Here's what appeared in Expelled:
"With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated. We civilized men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination. We build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed and the sick. Thus the weak members of civilized societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. Hardly anyone is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed."

Intellectually dishonest on every level. Not only does Stein not make it clear he's leaving out part of the text but the parts he leaves out are explanations of why the other parts are wrong. It's like if someone said: "I am horrified people who love murder, I can't imagine anything more horrible." and got quoted as saying "I love murder". After he did say those words in that order.

It's rather difficult to deal with the sort of person who is willing to simply lie about everything.

Robtard
See... this is what I'm talking about. You obviously have an opinion, but you failed to support it. All you did is spout off, Robtard.

Out of curiosity, have you ever written a term paper in college?

The hell? You implied Stein took a neutral stance in the film, I gave you reasons showing (ie "support"wink he wasn't neutral and had a motive and it wasn't to be objective.

Hundreds, why?

Out of curiosity, you're just trolling with these tactics of ignoring points and then bait, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.