Mr. Majestic vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Bloodlust ON. No BFR.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/83561-197413-mr-majestic.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150354-170355-thor.jpg

1 million punch
Mr. Majestic

JakeTheBank
Could go either way, imo. Lately, Thor's feats haven't been OMGWTF great, but that doesn't discount his feats he has under his belt in the past. I personally don't subscribe to the idea that Current Thor can't use Classic Thor's feats based on what he has done recently since his return (it's not like Classic Thor is "Pre-Crisis" Thor or anything retarded like that). That being said Majestic has the superior speed, intelligence, and fighting skills to score more than his fair share of wins against Thor.

I'll side with Thor for a slight majority.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Could go either way, imo. Lately, Thor's feats haven't been OMGWTF great, but that doesn't discount his feats he has under his belt in the past. I personally don't subscribe to the idea that Current Thor can't use Classic Thor's feats based on what he has done recently since his return (it's not like Classic Thor is "Pre-Crisis" Thor or anything retarded like that). That being said Majestic has the superior speed, intelligence, and fighting skills to score more than his fair share of wins against Thor.

I'll side with Thor for a slight majority. lol at the poor logic

you say majestic is superior in the most important categories and then you side with thor!!

1 million punch

you got a mister mjestic sig and you choose thor?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
lol at the poor logic

you say majestic is superior in the most important categories and then you side with thor!!

Thor has the superior versatility and is imo, more dangerous bloodlusted than Majestic is.

Don't see any "poor logic" in there at all.

The Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=455302&highlight=Mr.+Majestic+vs+Thor+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509842&highlight=Mr.+Majestic+vs+Thor+forumid%3A77

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 1 million punch
you got a mister mjestic sig and you choose thor?

Does having a Majestic sig mean I have to side with him in every single fight he's in? Especially when I think it's possible he'll lose the majority?

Starscream M
Thor has the superior versatility and is imo, more dangerous bloodlusted than Majestic is.

Don't see any "poor logic" in there at all. hows he gonna land his slow ass attacks on someone who is far faster and smarter than he is?

1 million punch
Does having a Majestic sig mean I have to side with him in every single fight he's in? Especially when I think it's possibly he'll lose the majority?

if it was mister majestic vs living tribunal or something like that i can see your point but this is thor man and majestic got the better feats specially in speed and fighting overall and thor will most likely ingage him in a hand 2 hand fight and lose

Starscream M
also, thor is not more versatile than majestic.

JakeTheBank
hows he gonna land his slow ass attacks on someone who is far faster and smarter than he is?

Same way's he tagged other people "far faster" than him. His respect thread is filled with plenty of feats warranting his reflexes and speed output being high enough to tag people with superspeed explicitly greater than his own.

Why? Do you not think Thor stands a chance in hell here, then?

Starscream M
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=455302&highlight=Mr.+Majestic+vs+Thor+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=509842&highlight=Mr.+Majestic+vs+Thor+forumid%3A77 those threads are different...my thread has both bloodlusted...also my thread has pretty pictures.

JakeTheBank
also, thor is not more versatile than majestic.

Pretty sure Mjolnir disagrees with you.

The Nuul
Majestic is faster but Thor is more versatile and has better feats.

Starscream M
Pretty sure Mjolnir disagrees with you. really, what could Mjolnir do that would be effective against a guy who moves at lightspeed and has the intelligence of Reed?

Starscream M

Why? Do you not think Thor stands a chance in hell here, then? not a chance in hell. Majestic absolutely destroys thor.

JakeTheBank
really, what could Mjolnir do that would be effective against a guy who moves at lightspeed and has the intelligence of Reed?

Hurt him or even kill him. no expression

Whether you think it's effective or not isn't really the question. The fact remains that Thor is more versatile than Majestic based on feats. I really don't see how that could be argued.

JakeTheBank
not a chance in hell. Majestic absolutely destroys thor.

So is this spite then?

Starscream M
Hurt him or even kill him. no expression

Whether you think it's effective or not isn't really the question. The fact remains that Thor is more versatile than Majestic based on feats. I really don't see how that could be argued. thors hammer may do some parlor tricks...but that doesn't mean jack squat when he won't be able to hit his target

Starscream M
So is this spite then? no, I'm prob in the minority...just wanted to see what others thought.

cdtm

The way I see it, Thor's kind of the comic book equivalent of the "glass cannon".. He can beat just about anyone with his powers, but he can be beaten by far lesser powers than he's capable of outputting...

In this case, he's going to be too busy trying to shake off Majestic and keep conscious to actually use those powers.

Warlord
lol @ Starsream making threads that "slow ass" Thor cannot win and when someone else states otherwise it's such a surprise.

Warlord
thors hammer may do some parlor tricks...but that doesn't mean jack squat when he won't be able to hit his target

because lightspeed is too fast for mjolnir, yes?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Warlord
because lightspeed is too fast for mjolnir, yes? too fast for thor

mjolnir is an inanimate object no expression

Warlord
too fast for thor

mjolnir is an inanimate object no expression

Thor only has to throw it. Mjolnir tends to seek its target when necessary

cdtm
I think it'd take more than being hit by Mjolnir to finish Majestic.

But yes, if Thor can throw it, it's more than fast enough to hit him.

If he can throw it.

Warlord
he's fought superfast opponents before. I doubt Majestic would be any different. Recently was casually fighting Quicksilver who's upgraded to near lightspeed.

JakeTheBank
He's also dealt with other Superman analogues such as Hyperion and Gladiator and does well in the process.

1 million punch
thor is no PC superman

Warlord
nor is Majestic

Starscream M
He's also dealt with other Superman analogues such as Hyperion and Gladiator and does well in the process. only when they dont use superspeed...and they were not bloodlusted

Warlord
only when they dont use superspeed...and they were not bloodlusted

they have...from the top of my head he was able to dodge a mind controlled blitzing Hyperion

JakeTheBank
only when they dont use superspeed...and they were not bloodlusted

Well, a blood lusted Gladiator with prep time from the future only did well against Thor because he attacked him as Jake Olsen and tried to take a civilian hostage in the process. Without the 60 second hammer rule, which has since been rendered null, Gladiator would have been wrecked early on. And sure enough, once Olsen turned back into Thor, he beat the shit of Glads.

Thor deals with varying levels of both superspeed and bloodlusted opponents and quite well. I don't see how you can dispute that much.

iceman24567
I side with Thor in a long battle I see him as more durable

cdtm
Originally posted by Warlord
nor is Majestic

He's a lot closer than current Supes.

Gladiator has feats on par with a PC Superman, and I think Maj can match him.

cdtm
Well, a blood lusted Gladiator with prep time from the future only did well against Thor because he attacked him as Jake Olsen and tried to take a civilian hostage in the process. Without the 60 second hammer rule, which has since been rendered null, Gladiator would have been wrecked early on. And sure enough, once Olsen turned back into Thor, he beat the shit of Glads.

Thor deals with varying levels of both superspeed and bloodlusted opponents and quite well. I don't see how you can dispute that much.

Actually, what happened vs future Glads was, Gladiator ended up knocking outpacing Thor, and eventually knocking Thor out, and THAN he changed back into Jake. Otherwise, Thor could've just walked out of that fire.. (Unless you think it took him over 60 seconds to fly into that burning building.)

And the only reason Thor beat down Glads, was because Gladiator was distracted from helping Thor save a load of people. He got blindsided.

cdtm
And again, I'm loving how some posters could argue that Thor can't keep up with Wolverine in a slugfest, which others could argue he could keep pace with a super speedster..

Thor has to be the most variable character in history, if you go by fan arguments.

Wild Shadow
thor has to adjust to superspeed attacks it isnt something he magically reaches.. he will take a few beating or hits at light speed due to his reaction time.. but once he taps into his godspeed he does fine.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Actually, what happened vs future Glads was, Gladiator ended up knocking outpacing Thor, and eventually knocking Thor out, and THAN he changed back into Jake. Otherwise, Thor could've just walked out of that fire.. (Unless you think it took him over 60 seconds to fly into that burning building.)

And the only reason Thor beat down Glads, was because Gladiator was distracted from helping Thor save a load of people. He got blindsided.

The point is Glad's advantage through that whole fight was based on him jumping Thor while bloodlusted while Thor didn't know what the hell was going on. And that's to say nothing of Mandy's presence, either. A lot of people use that feat as something to hype Glads over Thor with, but with context, it's not the clean "victory" people think it is.

And blindsided? Thor clearly states that he's about to kick Glads ass after they rescue the plane from crashing. He blasts him once into a car, which Gladiator gets right back to his feet, ready to fight some more. Thor then presses his advantage and clearly states "I can hold back no longer!" as he smashes Mjolnir into Glad's face repeatedly.

Thor held his own against a Gladiator with plenty of circumstances going against his favor such as Mandy being present, the 60 second rule in effect, not knowing why Gladiator was trying to kill him, etc. And as soon as he stopped holding back, he beat his ass.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
thor has to adjust to superspeed attacks it isnt something he magically reaches.. he will take a few beating or hits at light speed due to his reaction time.. but once he taps into his godspeed he does fine. theres no such thing as godspeed

Johnny Sorrow
He's a lot closer than current Supes.

Gladiator has feats on par with a PC Superman, and I think Maj can match him.

Like what?

cdtm
The point is Glad's advantage through that whole fight was based on him jumping Thor while bloodlusted while Thor didn't know what the hell was going on. And that's to say nothing of Mandy's presence, either. A lot of people use that feat as something to hype Glads over Thor with, but with context, it's not the clean "victory" people think it is.

And blindsided? Thor clearly states that he's about to kick Glads ass after they rescue the plane from crashing. He blasts him once into a car, which Gladiator gets right back to his feet, ready to fight some more. Thor then presses his advantage and clearly states "I can hold back no longer!" as he smashes Mjolnir into Glad's face repeatedly.

Thor held his own against a Gladiator with plenty of circumstances going against his favor such as Mandy being present, the 60 second rule in effect, not knowing why Gladiator was trying to kill him, etc. And as soon as he stopped holding back, he beat his ass.

A blast from Thor isn't something you're just going to shake off... At the least, I think Glads was stunned.

I'll have to look back at the initial fight between Glads and Thor, but as I remember it Thor was taken by surprise, but the bulk of Glads advantage came after Thor had time to get his defenses up and knew who he was facing.

Anyways, it's not Thors ability to hurt Glads that I'm questioning. No doubt, Thor can mess Gladiator, or Majestic, up.

What I am questioning is whether Thor has the high speedster level reflexes some are arguing. While my knowledge of Thor isn't extensive, I enjoyed the Simonson run like everyone else, and have seen my share of issues.. And the ftl seems invested in the hammer, no in the weilder.

It's hard to even argue that Thor steers the thing, since it has proven self guiding capabilties.

cdtm
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Like what?

Smashing planets with his bare hands, durability enough to take a shot from depowered Tyrant, and speed fast enough to travel around the universe under his own power (Plus, there was an issue where Gladiator was moving around normally against the Fantastic Four when time was seriously slowed down in the area... I forget the issue off hand though. Only seen scans of the feat.)

Johnny Sorrow
Smashing planets with his bare hands, durability enough to take a shot from depowered Tyrant, and speed fast enough to travel around the universe under his own power (Plus, there was an issue where Gladiator was moving around normally against the Fantastic Four when time was seriously slowed down in the area... I forget the issue off hand though. Only seen scans of the feat.)

He punched the planet and caused chain-reactions to go off within it that resulted in its destruction. He didn't smash the planet with his bare hands anymore than Nova beat the Sphinx in a power struggle.

I've never seen the Tyrant encounter. Why only one shot?

Entering hyperspace is not a speed feat, certainly not one that can be applied to a battle.

carver9
He punched the planet and caused chain-reactions to go off within it that resulted in its destruction. He didn't smash the planet with his bare hands anymore than Nova beat the Sphinx in a power struggle.

I've never seen the Tyrant encounter. Why only one shot?

Entering hyperspace is not a speed feat, certainly not one that can be applied to a battle.

Show me this chain reaction or when it was ever stated that it was a chain reaction. From what I saw, he literally crushed the planet with his fist.

Tyrant was one shotting everyone but failed to drop Gladiator.

cdtm

He's also been clocked at well past 100x lightspeed, in at least two seperate occasions..

As for the Tyrant thing, like Carver said, Tyrant was steamrolling a group of cosmic folk, including Jack of Hearts, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, and Terrax (Although Terrax and Morg spent half the time fighting each other.)

Gladiator takes a point blank attack from Tyrant, and it makes him angry.. So Tyrant hits him a few more times. Only Surfer put in a better durability showing.

amnesia
Same way's he tagged other people "far faster" than him. His respect thread is filled with plenty of feats warranting his reflexes and speed output being high enough to tag people with superspeed explicitly greater than his own.

Why? Do you not think Thor stands a chance in hell here, then?

Starscream likes making threads where Thor doesn't stand a chance. I think he really dislike him...

Anyways, majestic for the majority IMO

cdtm
Originally posted by amnesia
Starscream likes making threads where Thor doesn't stand a chance. I think he really dislike him...

Anyways, majestic for the majority IMO

It is kind of odd making a fight you think is so one sided, you're certain there's no room for debate...

Yeah, that's the definition of spite.

Badabing
those threads are different...my thread has both bloodlusted...also my thread has pretty pictures. Bloodlust is a minor difference. Plus there's this...Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Why? Do you not think Thor stands a chance in hell here, then? Originally posted by Starscream M
not a chance in hell. Majestic absolutely destroys thor. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So is this spite then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.