Thor/Beta Ray/Black Adam vs Superman/Wonderwoman/Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

Everyone is use to fighting as a team.

TheTyrant
Team 1.

Mshinu
A good fight but Team 1 should pull a majority.

JakeTheBank
Team 1. Though if Diana can lasso Adam and ask him the name of the Wizard who gave him his powers, he could potentially be taken out in an instant.

Bouboumaster
Team 1

Black Adam is more bad ass by itself that team 2. Add BRB and you've got Team 2 who will have hairs growing on their chest (yep, even Diana) just before they explode. Because they would have saw more bad assery that it's allowed by the law (of physics)

byrdgang21
Team 1 wins. They are more viscious fighters and much more badass imo.

Flameback
Team 1. Oooh, the humanity...

DarthDaniel1001
Team 1 for the hard fought victory

BattleMage
Team 1 8-9/10

Q99
Team Two- Wonder Woman can use the lasso to make Black Adam say "Shazam" and turn it into a 3-on-2 for a solid win.

Warlord
T1
and I really don't like how the lasso is protrayeed as a deus ex machina in every fight in these forums

Mshinu
Let`s not forget Thor has the option of taking out WW by kissing her too.

Q99
That's sorta it's purpose in the comics too smile It's a powerful weapon. De-shazaming Marvels is something she's done with it before.

Originally posted by Mshinu
Let`s not forget Thor has the option of taking out WW by kissing her too.

No, he totally doesn't.

The only one here with human lungs is Hal Jordan.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
No, he totally doesn't.

The only one here with human lungs is Hal Jordan.

What does lungs have to do with it?

Slaanesh
team 2 after one hell of a fight..

Q99
What does lungs have to do with it?

The kiss thing? It's a reference to when he sucked the air out of Storm's lungs. Someone with super strong lungs can apply similar forces to keep air in (or try and suck the air from his).

Wonder Woman's no more vulnerable than Superman is, and both of them could do it too if they wanted to. It's not a special "Kiss power" unique to Thor or anything.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
The kiss thing? It's a reference to when he sucked the air out of Storm's lungs. Someone with super strong lungs can apply similar forces to keep air in (or try and suck the air from his).

Wonder Woman's no more vulnerable than Superman is, and both of them could do it too if they wanted to. It's not a special "Kiss power" unique to Thor or anything.

Where does it say he sucked the air out? That doesn`t make you pass out in seconds anyway, seems to me Thor`s power is making women swoon and pass out wink

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
That's sorta it's purpose in the comics too smile It's a powerful weapon. De-shazaming Marvels is something she's done with it before.

I'm surprised no one ever gives WW the auto win in every battle since 99% of the characters cannot escape the lasso though... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Where does it say he sucked the air out? That doesn`t make you pass out in seconds anyway, seems to me Thor`s power is making women swoon and pass out wink

Uh, if we're talking about the same incident I believe it said so on the page.

And yea, it shouldn't cause passing out. PIS.

It's not an auto-win against all characters if they are lassoed or anything (though it is a major hinderance), especially in team battles, someone else can free the tied up and/or make Diana let go which makes it escapable (Cheetah freed Zoom during their teamup for example), and some characters are pretty good at avoiding it (she tried and failed to lasso Sacrifice Superman for example), but it's still something that happens reasonably often, and is definitely highly effective against Marvels specifically since even if they're briefly lassoed they can be de-powered and taken out.

It's her 'mjolnir,' so yea, it's really strong.

Warlord
how often would you think WW would win BA one on one?
how many out of 10?

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
how often would you think WW would win BA one on one?
how many out of 10?

Hm... pretty close in power to begin with (she's stalemated CM without using the lasso), throw in the lasso trick... 8.3/10? Something like that.

Warlord
I like the .3 accuracy...

we just disagree then...no probs

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
Uh, if we're talking about the same incident I believe it said so on the page.

And yea, it shouldn't cause passing out. PIS.

Hm, well he said he took her breath away which I suppose could mean what you say, but is quite impossible since Storm`s nose was not covered. Since it should not cause anyone to pass out either I don`t see the sucking air out explanation as valid at all.

Just look at her face, it is Thor`s awesome man-ness causes females to pass out. WW has no defense against this!

the ninjak
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/Forum/857860-contestofchampionsii_p23_sup.jpg

He didn' suck the air out of her. She loved it! She has a frickn exclamation mark surrounded by a love heart!
And so would Diana.

Q99
Hm, well he said he took her breath away which I suppose could mean what you say, but is quite impossible since Storm`s nose was not covered. Since it should not cause anyone to pass out either I don`t see the sucking air out explanation as valid at all.

Lung trauma? And removing all the air at once with super-lungs is going to empty them faster than the nose can fill (or rather, since the lungs'd be collapsing, the nose wouldn't be drawing in more air).

Flashes KO people from lack of oxygen with air vortexes in way less time than would really take to make someone pass out all the time- writers don't know how long humans can go without air in the lungs.

I think 'swooning at a kiss' is far less likely than standard 'writer forgets how long it takes to pass out'. It's Thor, not Amora after all, and it did say "literally took her breath away," not make her swoon or anything. Note the 'literal' bit.

She's an Amazon, darn skippy she does.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
Lung trauma? And removing all the air at once with super-lungs is going to empty them faster than the nose can fill (or rather, since the lungs'd be collapsing, the nose wouldn't be drawing in more air).

Flashes KO people from lack of oxygen with air vortexes in way less time than would really take to make someone pass out all the time- writers don't know how long humans can go without air in the lungs.

I think 'swooning at a kiss' is far less likely than standard 'writer forgets how long it takes to pass out'. It's Thor, not Amora after all, and it did say "literally took her breath away," not make her swoon or anything. Note the 'literal' bit.

Umm, Storm`s face would look quite different if she was suffering organ trauma... it makes you feel very sick. Besides, a collapsed lung doesn`t behave as you describe. Face it, you are grasping for straws. Thor`s Godly Manliness ftw!

r0nm0n88
the word literally could go both ways here.
-could be he kissed her and took her breath away by stealing it from her lungs. or
-he kissed her and took her breath away (literally like she lost the air in her lungs) because of the passion of the kiss.

regardless i dont see this happening to WW. shes an amazon, these are the feminist of comics. she would take out her pepper spray if thor tried that.

and i give it to team superman. i give superman an edge over all the other contestants slightly, ww is fairly equal with the other team, and so is Hal. i think team 2- 5.5/10

Mshinu
Even Amazons have needs wink

Warlord
Not the Lesbian ones...stick out tongue

Q99
Umm, Storm`s face would look quite different if she was suffering organ trauma... it makes you feel very sick. Besides, a collapsed lung doesn`t behave as you describe. Face it, you are grasping for straws. Thor`s Godly Manliness ftw!

It says "Literally took her breath away."

Which more than implies her breath was literally involved smile Swooning is not literal, sucking out breath is.

Plus, Storm's not the type to pass out at a kiss (even if it was apparently a good kiss).

Warlord
I can't believe we still debate this... smokin'

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
It says "Literally took her breath away."

Which more than implies her breath was literally involved smile Swooning is not literal, sucking out breath is.

Plus, Storm's not the type to pass out at a kiss (even if it was apparently a good kiss).

Besides being a far fetched interpertation of what Thor said, what was shown on panel does not support that theory as I have already pointed out.

I dunno about Storm.. she has shown emotion for a lot of questionable types if you ask me. Besides we are takling about Thor here, the epitome of Manhood and a a Viking God. WW will add another notch on his hammer wink

Q99
Besides being a far fetched interpertation of what Thor said, what was shown on panel does not support that theory as I have already pointed out.

'Far fetched'? Look up the word 'literal'.

I'm talking about the precise dictionary definition of what he said here smile

(Also, more time could've passed than it looked)

No.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Q99
'Far fetched'? Look up the word 'literal'.

I'm talking about the precise dictionary definition of what he said here smile

Dude, that just means he suprised her and she stopped actively drawing breath. Kinda like you would if WW flashed her boobs at you. I think it is safe to asume he did not steal her breath and put it in his pocket.
http://www.sinisterclub.com/images/smilies/SmileyFacepalm.png

I guess longer time could have passed as you suggest.. Storm was mesmerized by Thor`s kiss and could forget to breathe for a few minutes I guess. Still, speculation.

Q99
Dude, that just means he suprised her and she stopped actively drawing breath. Kinda like you would if WW flashed her boobs at you. I think it is safe to asume he did not steal her breath and put it in his pocket.

I think it is safe to assume if someone says literally stole breath and made a point of it, then they literally stole breath.

Or rather, I don't assume, I think such a sentence spells it out to the point it's not assumption. The sentence actually include the fact that he's not speaking in a figurative manner within it's structure.

The presence of the word 'literal' says that that is precisely what he did, without beating around the bush.

Using the mechanism of his lungs, which were available for the task and can be used to suck air such as breath, reducing the amount of time until she passed out from a kiss significantly.

amnesia
Hal >> superman/ww though. I think t2 takes it because of Hal.

JakeTheBank
Mjolnir and Stormbreaker are pretty much the perfect weapons to have against a GL. Not only can you block or absorb their energy attacks, you can also break through their constructs.

Sasaraixx
I'm a bit torn on this one, so I'm calling it a split. Thor/BRB are perfect for taking on Hal and I think they'd take slight majorities against just about everyone on Team 2. They would be extremely hard fought victories though.

The lasso really is Team 2's best hope, and you an bet Diana will go for BA. I think Team 2's victory rests on Diana taking out BA at the start and allowing a 2v1 against one of the Hammer Bros. BA is fast enough to dodge it though, so it's not a guarantee for Diana

aztec
I'd say team two for the win. Team one might have the edge in versatility, but team two clearly works better as a team. They have the strength, speed and determination to bust skulls open. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.