Silver Surfer vs Sentry WITH Void.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
SS with his recent upgrade from Galactus against AN Void empowered Sentry in a blood lusted battle with all powers applying.

Who wins?

Blanket
Not Void

Wild Shadow
SS sicks his board on sentry/void while he takes a nap

JakeTheBank
Surfer. If anything, we found out that Sentry w/Void isn't significantly beyond a High Herald.

Naija boy
hmm. ive seen the scans of siege 4 and im not sure it did much to diminish Void sentrys status. Id still give him the victory here.

Blanket
Originally posted by Naija boy
hmm. ive seen the scans of siege 4 and im not sure it did much to diminish Void sentrys status. Id still give him the victory here. Not diminishing anything if it was never there.

bbrem123
sentry stomps him hard

No PIS?

Void, unless he wants to die

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Blanket
Not Void

Lunacyde
Originally posted by bbrem123
sentry stomps him hard

I sense Sentry fanboyism.

JakeTheBank
Sentry with Void didn't stomp Thor hard, so I don't see him stomping Surfer hard, who is imo displayed as more powerful than Thor currently, anyway.

bbrem123
thor was on the ground crying in pain...he stomps thor

bbrem123
Originally posted by 753
No PIS?

Void, unless he wants to die

this^

Blanket
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry with Void didn't stomp Thor hard, so I don't see him stomping Surfer hard, who is imo displayed as more powerful than Thor currently, anyway.
http://i44.tinypic.com/nzeo1l.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/23u60xf.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/zv8l14.jpg

amnesia
http://i41.tinypic.com/zv8l14.jpg

Tony, drop that helicarrier on that Bob.

(Doesn't work w/o the funny picture, which i don't know how to post cause' it's not .JPG....

(I'm don't have any computer skillz)

"Id"
Nu-Sentry.

cdtm
Surfer. If anything, we found out that Sentry w/Void isn't significantly beyond a High Herald.

eek!

But, Molecule Man...! Tanking Terrax! Even Surfer didn't outright tank him! Dr. Strange!

Don't tell me they had Thor punk him? At this point, that wouldn't make any sense... It'd be a serious downgrade..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
eek!

But, Molecule Man...! Terrax! Dr. Strange!

Don't tell me they had Thor punk him? At this point, that wouldn't make any sense... It'd be a serious downgrade..

He had a PIS-y ending fit for a PIS-y character.

Slaanesh
void

Lord_Talron
http://i41.tinypic.com/zv8l14.jpg aww come on, i wanna see the rest!

Blanket
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
aww come on, i wanna see the rest! Spoilers obviously
http://i40.tinypic.com/s6rplg.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/v8pj6g.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/28jfdon.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z3rugz.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/ix5p54.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/bdw1o1.jpg

JakeTheBank
I loled at Osborn hitting Steve in the back of the head with a freakin' rock, though.

colossulrage
SURFER

Warlord
Void-oh the hate...

Warlord
who is imo displayed as more powerful than Thor currently, anyway.

based on what showings?

Wild Shadow
I loled at Osborn hitting Steve in the back of the head with a freakin' rock, though. cap has lvl 10 ton durability

Mindship
I'm not sure who would win. I just find it interesting that Void-Sentry and Surfer have yet to tussle, as if Marvel were saving the best for last. But that could just be my biased 2-cents.

janus77
Surfer. VoidSentry is powerful but unstable, has a weird relationship with "evil" or something, a co-dependancy thing, making it unlikely that he can ever muster his powers for a total win against anyone.

Surfer just has far fewer impediments to outright blasting and blitzing the shit out of someone.

also, Surfer is far superior in terms of on-panel durability showings (T&A versus EVERYTHING VoidSentry took from Avengers).

Prep-Man
Sentry/Void wins. Pretty much stomp.

Bentley
SS 6/10.

tkitna
Void would win unless Bendis was writing him.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Prep-Man

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Warlord
based on what showings?

Just the impression I got thanks to Annihilation and his short skirmish with BRB. I don't think he's incredibly far beyond Thor, whose feats simply don't "go away" based on what he's done recently.

And again, more of this Void/Sentry "stomp" nonsense? erm

Philosophía
Void stomps.

Bentley

kgkg
Void.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Prep-Man

rolling on floor laughing

Surfer for the steamroll.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer. VoidSentry is powerful but unstable, has a weird relationship with "evil" or something, a co-dependancy thing, making it unlikely that he can ever muster his powers for a total win against anyone.

Surfer just has far fewer impediments to outright blasting and blitzing the shit out of someone.

also, Surfer is far superior in terms of on-panel durability showings (T&A versus EVERYTHING VoidSentry took from Avengers). The Surfer has no chance here. The Surfer could never dominate Thor, the avengers, and Loki with nornstones in the same manner as the Void has.

Void beats him in a horrific stomp.
Sentry with Void didn't stomp Thor hard, so I don't see him stomping Surfer hard, who is imo displayed as more powerful than Thor currently, anyway. Isn't it obvious he could have stomped him hard, though? I mean the guy took on an entire team, took more lumps than Thor took when he was dominated by Osborn and the ufoes, and still in the end wanted to be put down. With the whole bendis setup it's obvious Sentry has the power to do practically anything so when he wanted to be put down he was put down.

Bendis also ignored his mm powers because it actually put him into a corner and the only way to practically swing him losing was him having another guilt trip and the helicarrier knocked the Bob mentality loose which assured him losing.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by quanchi112
The Surfer has no chance here. The Surfer could never dominate Thor, the avengers, and Loki with nornstones in the same manner as the Void has.

Void beats him in a horrific stomp.
Isn't it obvious he could have stomped him hard, though? I mean the guy took on an entire team, took more lumps than Thor took when he was dominated by Osborn and the ufoes, and still in the end wanted to be put down. With the whole bendis setup it's obvious Sentry has the power to do practically anything so when he wanted to be put down he was put down.

Bendis also ignored his mm powers because it actually put him into a corner and the only way to practically swing him losing was him having another guilt trip and the helicarrier knocked the Bob mentality loose which assured him losing.

laughing

Hilarious stuff.

Doctor-Alvis
I would find it more believable if it was Surfer doing what Void was doing.

Blanket
Originally posted by tkitna
Void would win unless Bendis was writing him. Bendis wrote the Molecule Man fight. no expression

Johnny Sorrow
Bendis wrote the Molecule Man fight. no expression

The comic book lord giveth and taketh away.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
laughing

Hilarious stuff. What's hilarious about it? Let's face facts here Surfer is a peer to Thor and has been stomped by him whereas the Void's an earth smasher.

lawest9
?????????????????????????????

Doctor-Alvis
Both Thor and Surfer could smash the Earth. In fact, being able to break planets is a pretty common ability. Nearly as common as nice bewbs.

bbrem123
his point is that thor was nothing to void so surfer will be the same

Doctor-Alvis
That's just it then? You're not even going to Thor can absorb and control a lot of energies with his hammer, and Surfer is a caster class? The rock beat the scissors and the scissors beat the paper so the rock will beat the paper.

Johnny Sorrow
What's hilarious about it? Let's face facts here Surfer is a peer to Thor and has been stomped by him whereas the Void's an earth smasher.

That was true...in 1970. If you haven't read Surfer since Annihilation, don't post in the thread. Surfer's manhandling of BRB should tell you that he is beyond Thor at this point. He was always more powerful than Thor, but it's more than clear at this point in time.

Bentley
Nah, Thor stomps SS.

Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, Thor stomps SS.

nah

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
nah

Dude, he just killed a MoleculeMan level character.

Bouboumaster
Surfer would spank him

Dude, he just killed a MoleculeMan level character.

SS killed two beings as strong as Galactus each with less PIS and CIS than void's (hopefully) last moment of misery.

Let's see goldie locks top that.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
SS killed two beings as strong as Galactus each with less PIS and CIS than void's (hopefully) last moment of misery.

Let's see goldie locks top that.

It's not fair, Annihilation had a better writer. erm

bbrem123
lol^ oo so true...i cant wait for this next big cosmic event too!

that stuff is always more interesting to me for some reason

quanchi112
his point is that thor was nothing to void so surfer will be the same Exactly some people on here just don't get it.

That was true...in 1970. If you haven't read Surfer since Annihilation, don't post in the thread. Surfer's manhandling of BRB should tell you that he is beyond Thor at this point. He was always more powerful than Thor, but it's more than clear at this point in time. So what if he mandhandled BrB on his own.....Void raped Loki, crushed asgard, and was crushing the avengers yet you want to compare beating on Beta Ray Bill to the Void's feats. GTFO.Originally posted by 753

Let's see goldie locks top that. Yeah, and he was going to die and won't have the crunch around whereas Void's feats he can do anytime he wants. Void dominates.

shokosugi
Silver Surfer no doubt.

Void/Sentry = got taken out by a hellicarier ROFL!

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
Silver Surfer no doubt.

Void/Sentry = got taken out by a hellicarier ROFL! Another post that proves you didn't read siege.

Bentley
lol^ oo so true...i cant wait for this next big cosmic event too!

that stuff is always more interesting to me for some reason

Yep, cosmic stuff has been steadily good since Annihilation (some bumps in the middle, but still good), let's hope the Thanos imperative and whatever follows keeps it that way.

shokosugi
Another post that proves you didn't read siege.

another post that proves Sentry/Void sucks.

bbrem123
Silver Surfer no doubt.

Void/Sentry = got taken out by a hellicarier ROFL!

hellicarier>norn stone thor with "the power of odin and bor" and loki and MM...thats a skyfather+ hellicarier...crazy stuff

Bentley
Well, it was a hellcarrier carrying the kind of PIS that makes Steve Rogers and Nick Fury defeat the U-foes in hand to hand after they stomp Thor.

Johnny Sorrow
What kind of ABC logic is this?

Void beats Thor, so Void beats someone currently much more powerful than Thor?

quanchi112
What kind of ABC logic is this?

Void beats Thor, so Void beats someone currently much more powerful than Thor? Surfer isn't more powerful than Thor. Sorry.

another post that proves Sentry/Void sucks. That's not how we debate on here. Keep your personal feelings out of this for a moment.

Johnny Sorrow
Surfer isn't more powerful than Thor. Sorry.

While Thor was getting humiliated by Osborn and the U-Foes, Surfer was laughing off Skaar and Nova Prime. stick out tongue

quanchi112
While Thor was getting humiliated by Osborn and the U-Foes, Surfer was laughing off Skaar and Nova Prime. stick out tongue That explains why Skaar a child had the Surfer as his slave, right? Like outperforming Nova means anything.

Johnny Sorrow
That explains why Skaar a child had the Surfer as his slave, right? Like outperforming Nova means anything.

The Sphinx with two Ka stones begs to differ. vin

quanchi112
The Sphinx with two Ka stones begs to differ. vin That's Nova after he's improved in his own book not at the time he was lapped by the Surfer.

Bentley
Is BRB a jobber two?

Surfer has a great record lately. I agree Thor is stronger.

That's just how I am I guess.

Johnny Sorrow
That's Nova after he's improved in his own book not at the time he was lapped by the Surfer.

If you actually read the book, you'd know that it had nothing to do with improvement of his skills. It was a partial joke.

Is BRB a jobber two?

Surfer has a great record lately. I agree Thor is stronger.

That's just how I am I guess.

So Surfer easily beating someone on Thor's level means Thor is stronger. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
If you actually read the book, you'd know that it had nothing to do with improvement of his skills. It was a partial joke.

So Surfer easily beating someone on Thor's level means Thor is stronger. roll eyes (sarcastic) Where did I say skills? Oh that's right I didn't. He's improved in practically every phase so yeah it's a mootpoint.

Thor's best feats are leagues and above better than Surfer's and Bill's so it has nothing to do with Thor and oh yeah Surfer still is an ant compared to Galactus even when he's hungry so he's not more powerful than Thor at all.

kgkg
lol Surfer can probably beat current Thor with his pinky.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
lol Surfer can probably beat current Thor with his pinky. Based on what?

kgkg
Based on what? Comics.

quanchi112
Comics. I see nothing to suggest why Surfer gets placed above Thor nowadays.

kgkg
I see nothing to suggest why Surfer gets placed above Thor nowadays. Just gotta look harder.

Johnny Sorrow
Where did I say skills? Oh that's right I didn't. He's improved in practically every phase so yeah it's a mootpoint.

Thor's best feats are leagues and above better than Surfer's and Bill's so it has nothing to do with Thor and oh yeah Surfer still is an ant compared to Galactus even when he's hungry so he's not more powerful than Thor at all.

I can't believe I have to explain to you.

Nova opened up a stargate in the Sphinx to send him back to the universe outside of the Fault, where he imploded because of his paradoxical nature. Nova beat him; it doesn't mean Nova is stronger than him. But that's the logic of all your arguments.

You mean past Thor sped up the evolution of an entire planet, went back in time under his own power (i.e. without the aid of Mjolnir), defeated Mephisto within his own dimension, and can shut off mutant powers with a thought? And all of this before a significant upgrade? Wow, Thor is amazing.

Surfer is weaker than Galactus (duh), so Surfer is weaker than Thor. Durp.

quanchi112
Just gotta look harder. Nah.

Yeah, and he was going to die and won't have the crunch around whereas Void's feats he can do anytime he wants. Void dominates.

We were debating thor, not sentry or the void.

What feats does Thor have that are leagues above the Surfer's high end feats?

Thor is also an ant compared to a hungy galactus unless he has PIS on his side.

Doctor-Alvis
So what if he mandhandled BrB on his own.....Void raped Loki, crushed asgard, and was crushing the avengers yet you want to compare beating on Beta Ray Bill to the Void's feats. GTFO.
I... would actually consider beating Beta Ray Bill above that. Beating Loki is fairly impressive but Asgard is an inanimate object and that was a really weak Avengers team.

bbrem123
weak team? stomping an amped loki and thor...no way is BRB feat better...and its not better then void raping MM

Ambient
Im undecided, inclined toward Void maybe .. lols

Doctor-Alvis
weak team? stomping an amped loki and thor...no way is BRB feat better...and its not better then void raping MM
I didn't think Thor was on the team at the time... Anyways, Void didn't attack Thor when he was amped. And ripping Loki apart isn't that great per se. He's a great planner and sorcerer, but I wouldn't expect him to last very long in fisticuff range like that. Vaguely amped even. Thor included, I'd still call it a weak team. If someone beat that Avengers line up I'd still be thinking of it as "Someone beat up Thor. And those other guys."

And I could see Surfer winning over that MM. He was whacked out of his gourd.

Bentley
Yep, those Avengers didn't even make up for the amount of CIS that Thor showed in that issue.

Philosophía
The ignorance displayed throughout this page alone is truly astonishing.

Bentley

Philosophía
Good point.

quanchi112
I can't believe I have to explain to you.

Nova opened up a stargate in the Sphinx to send him back to the universe outside of the Fault, where he imploded because of his paradoxical nature. Nova beat him; it doesn't mean Nova is stronger than him. But that's the logic of all your arguments.

You mean past Thor sped up the evolution of an entire planet, went back in time under his own power (i.e. without the aid of Mjolnir), defeated Mephisto within his own dimension, and can shut off mutant powers with a thought? And all of this before a significant upgrade? Wow, Thor is amazing.

Surfer is weaker than Galactus (duh), so Surfer is weaker than Thor. Durp. The point is you brought up Nova as a joke and it backfired on you.

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I... would actually consider beating Beta Ray Bill above that. Beating Loki is fairly impressive but Asgard is an inanimate object and that was a really weak Avengers team. BrB is one guy while Void took on the avengers with Loki aiding them and Thor who is Bill's superior so either way you cut it it's far more impressive than beating Bill up. Originally posted by 753
What feats does Thor have that are leagues above the Surfer's high end feats?

Thor is also an ant compared to a hungy galactus unless he has PIS on his side. Damaging Celestial Exitar, crushing the Surfer himself and warlock, having the power to run off a hungry Galactus. Yeah, Surfer's best just doesn't compare.

Bouboumaster
The point is you brought up Nova as a joke and it backfired on you.

BrB is one guy while Void took on the avengers with Loki aiding them and Thor who is Bill's superior so either way you cut it it's far more impressive than beating Bill up. Damaging Celestial Exitar, crushing the Surfer himself and warlock, having the power to run off a hungry Galactus. Yeah, Surfer's best just doesn't compare.

When did Thor crushed Surfer and Warlock?

Surfer eats Thor's soul, and the tears of his relatives.

The point is you brought up Nova as a joke and it backfired on you.

BrB is one guy while Void took on the avengers with Loki aiding them and Thor who is Bill's superior so either way you cut it it's far more impressive than beating Bill up. Damaging Celestial Exitar, crushing the Surfer himself and warlock, having the power to run off a hungry Galactus. Yeah, Surfer's best just doesn't compare.

Hum... killing aegis and tenebras involved a plot device, but it wasn't outright PIS like Thor driving galactus off was, and it's also more impressive than damaging celestial armor. His planet regeneration, star reignition, black hole creation, etc. feats are above Thor's manipulaiton of cosmic forces feats, unless it envolves energy absorption, which is a field thor is clearly superior. Thor is not leagues above the Surfer at all. And what is this about thor crushing the SS and Warlock?

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Surfer eats Thor's soul, and the tears of his relatives.

WM Thor I think. (Blood and Thunder maybe?)

OneDumbG0
^ Not Warrior's Madness. But they did fight during Blood and Thunder. Originally posted by OneDumbG0

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock.jpg

Thor (bloodlusted) vs Silver Surfer & Adam Warlock, from Infinity Watch #23:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock01Infi.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock05.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurferAdamWarlock07.jpg

quanchi112

Surfer eats Thor's soul, and the tears of his relatives. Iyo. On panel proves Thor>Surfer until he can prove otherwise.

Originally posted by 753
Hum... killing aegis and tenebras involved a plot device, but it wasn't outright PIS like Thor driving galactus off was, and it's also more impressive than damaging celestial armor. His planet regeneration, star reignition, black hole creation, etc. feats are above Thor's manipulaiton of cosmic forces feats, unless it envolves energy absorption, which is a field thor is clearly superior. Thor is not leagues above the Surfer at all. And what is this about thor crushing the SS and Warlock? Not at all. Thor is a superior warrior and has power that is leagues up Surfer's best. I listed the examples whereas Thor's power did the damage while Surfer manipulated the Crunch which isn't a part of his power source and would have gotten him killed.

In blood and thunder Thor crushed Surfer twice. One on his own and once with warlock on his side.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Void wins.

Iyo. On panel proves Thor>Surfer until he can prove otherwise.

Not at all. Thor is a superior warrior and has power that is leagues up Surfer's best. I listed the examples whereas Thor's power did the damage while Surfer manipulated the Crunch which isn't a part of his power source and would have gotten him killed.

In blood and thunder Thor crushed Surfer twice. One on his own and once with warlock on his side.

He crushed neither, although he won. they were of course trying to cure him not kill him. SS cosmic feats are on par or above thor's. So what if the crunch energies weren't part of his power source? It shows how powerfull an energy manipulator he is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
He crushed neither, although he won. they were of course trying to cure him not kill him. SS cosmic feats are on par or above thor's. So what if the crunch energies weren't part of his power source? It shows how powerfull an energy manipulator he is.

Did you not read the fight? Thor was utterly destroying them. He most definitely crushed Silver Surfer, hence why Adam Warlock had to rescue him.

The Silver Surfer gave up trying to cure Thor one knock out ago, and was not holding back any longer.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you not read the fight? Thor was utterly destroying them. He most definitely crushed Silver Surfer, hence why Adam Warlock had to rescue him.

The Silver Surfer gave up trying to cure Thor one knock out ago, and was not holding back any longer.

I disagree with the not holding back part and while thor undobtedly won, I think we have different ideas of what crushing someone means. SS got crushed by Aegis and Tenebras, and Thanos in the past - he was all ****ed up. Thor just put him down and the board still saved his ass.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
He crushed neither, although he won. they were of course trying to cure him not kill him. SS cosmic feats are on par or above thor's. So what if the crunch energies weren't part of his power source? It shows how powerfull an energy manipulator he is. You couldn't have read the fight if you think he wasn't dominated on panel. He was unconscious and Warlock had to take control of his board to save their lives because Thor was just putting on a show.

Feats don't ever trump actual comparisons. Always remember that.

You couldn't have read the fight if you think he wasn't dominated on panel. He was unconscious and Warlock had to take control of his board to save their lives because Thor was just putting on a show.

Feats don't ever trump actual comparisons. Always remember that.

I read the fight and acknowledged he was defeated, crushing someone means a lot more than just a ko thor couldn't even finish as the board still saved SS who wanted to cure thor and not kill him.

Feats do so trump comparisons, because popularity and plot requirements affect the outcome of fights with famous characters in them a lot more than they do regular feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
I read the fight and acknowledged he was defeated, crushing someone means a lot more than just a ko thor couldn't even finish as the board still saved SS who wanted to cure thor and not kill him.

Feats do so trump comparisons, because popularity and plot requirements affect the outcome of fights with famous characters in them a lot more than they do regular feats.

What do you mean a knock out he couldn't even finish? The Silver Surfer was down and out. Thor would have killed him had Warlock not take control of the board and saved them.

Thor was treating them like children. They were annihilated.

Originally posted by 753
I disagree with the not holding back part and while thor undobtedly won, I think we have different ideas of what crushing someone means. SS got crushed by Aegis and Tenebras, and Thanos in the past - he was all ****ed up. Thor just put him down and the board still saved his ass.

If you're disagreeing with me, then you haven't read Silver Surfer #96 where the Silver Surfer states his done holding back. And was thoroughly defeated when Thor had enough of games by the way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753

Feats do so trump comparisons, because popularity and plot requirements affect the outcome of fights with famous characters in them a lot more than they do regular feats. Thor beat him and he lived but not by himself and even went down badly with someone helping him against Thor.

No, they don't. They never have and they never will but Thor's feats trump Surfer's anyways so who cares.

Johnny Sorrow
When did that fight occur?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Not Warrior's Madness. But they did fight during Blood and Thunder.

Did he possess the PG at this point?

quanchi112
When did that fight occur? In blood and thunder well before he acquired the power gem.

dmills
It's true Johnny. Thor crushed Norrin in that fight. It was a full on no lube arse rape. Basically Thor was nut's and showing his true power levels, i.e. the ubiquitous "not holding back" routine.

bbrem123
but you can say surfer was holding back...so it goes either way i guess...when has surfer completely cut loose? hmm

kgkg
Did he possess the PG at this point? No but Thor was hinted to be more more powerful than his regular self a few times. Also Surfer later claims he was holding back.

This was not your average Thor no matter how you spin it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No but Thor was hinted to be more more powerful than his regular self a few times. Also Surfer later claims he was holding back.

This was not your average Thor no matter how you spin it.

The only time I recall such a thing being hinted, was during the fight with Beta Ray Bill who stated Thor drew strength from the madness. This by the way was the same Beta Ray Bill who was under wrongly believe that Thor was in a state of true Warrior Madness. Using that as some evidence that Thor was amped in some way is laughable.

When? I honestly cannot recall this instance. And Surfer specifically stated that his held back long enough and goes on to battle Thor with his power unleashed. Unfortunately it does not turn out well for Norrin.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer2fight12.jpg

No it wasn't. This was a Thor without the moral inhibitions that he is usually under. It gives us a glimpse of what Thor is capable of when he is mad. Which isn't really surprising. Thor has gone above and beyond what others (Including me.) have assumed are the limits of his strength when enraged.

kgkg
The only time I recall such a thing being hinted, was during the fight with Beta Ray Bill who stated Thor drew strength from the madness. This by the way was the same Beta Ray Bill who was under wrongly believe that Thor was in a state of true Warrior Madness. Using that as some evidence that Thor was amped in some way is laughable.

When? I honestly cannot recall this instance. And Surfer specifically stated that his held back long enough and goes on to battle Thor with his power unleashed. Unfortunately it does not turn out well for Norrin.

No it wasn't. This was a Thor without the moral inhibitions that he is usually under. It gives us a glimpse of what Thor is capable of when he is mad. Which isn't really surprising. Thor has gone above and beyond what others (Including me.) have assumed are the limits of his strength when enraged. laughing out loud This was not just a Thor who was mad he was insane. Surfer says he was holding back when he starts to fight Thor with PG.

Anyway claiming Thor can fight at this level is ridiculous when he was referenced to being as WM few times and even Odin had to step in his mind.

Sure it was not WM but this was not Thor who was just mad he was Insane and does not operate at this level hence useless in a debate. Thor was more powerful than his regular self.

Trying to use this fight as an indication of Thor > Surfer is laughable at best.

kgkg
"We cannot risk holding back this time"

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6148/87184793.th.jpg

kgkg
Also Thor was not only mad this was a disease that would spread to other Asgardians.

so no this is not just Thor getting mad.

His mental state so bad that Odin was willing to kill him.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8725/madness2.th.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud This was not just a Thor who was mad he was insane. Surfer says he was holding back when he starts to fight Thor with PG.

Anyway claiming Thor can fight at this level is ridiculous when he was referenced to being as WM few times and even Odin had to step in his mind.

Sure it was not WM but this was not Thor who was just mad he was Insane and does not operate at this level hence useless in a debate. Thor was more powerful than his regular self.

Trying to use this fight as an indication of Thor > Surfer is laughable at best.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6148/87184793.th.jpg

"This time" would suggest that in a previous encounter with the mad Thor, he was holding back to at least some extent, correct? That I agree with. When he first encountered Thor with Bill, he was holding back. However, he went on to cut loose after he realized that reasoning with Thor would fail. Both statements can fit into the series of events without contradicting each other.

Are you actually trying to claim that Thor was in Warrior Madness, when Thanos of all people went out of his way to confirm that he wasn't under the Warrior Madness? I don't care what Beta Ray Bill or Sif stated. They were clearly misinformed.

Haha, what the hell? He was off his knockers but this doesn't somehow magically amp him up because your in denial. The Valkyrie twisted Thor's perception of things. He viewed every one as an enemy. That's the jest of it.

Of course his more powerful than his regular self. Thor in his regular state holds back severely for the majority of the time. He even holds back when he out right states his going all out. It's in his nature. One of the main reasons Odin even let him join the Avengers was so he could learn to hold back his strength. This doesn't some how mean that Blood and Thunder is useless in debates. If someone posts that the stipulations are that Thor is not holding back at all, I can and will use Blood and Thunder as evidence. I however don't use it as the basis for a regular fight. Hence why I give Thor 6-8/10 against the Surfer and not 10/10 which would be the case as I used Blood and Thunder as the basis for my opinion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also Thor was not only mad this was a disease that would spread to other Asgardians.

so no this is not just Thor getting mad.

His mental state so bad that Odin was willing to kill him.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8725/madness2.th.jpg

I never actually understood why that would happen. Thor's mental state was a result of the multiple incarnations of Thor Odin made, which splintered his personality etc. How this would be contagious is beyond me, anyways....

No it isn't just Thor getting mad. It's a Thor out for the kill which rarely ever happens, because when he does, his opponents usually end up dead. Ask the Void. smile

I still don't see how this changes anything overall. I'm not using Blood and Thunder solely in my opinion who would win that fight, as that is not the norm for Thor. However, claiming that the feats he did was somehow beyond Thor without some outside influence, I completely disagree.

carver9
"This time" would suggest that in a previous encounter with the mad Thor, he was holding back to at least some extent, correct? That I agree with. When he first encountered Thor with Bill, he was holding back. However, he went on to cut loose after he realized that reasoning with Thor would fail. Both statements can fit into the series of events without contradicting each other.

Are you actually trying to claim that Thor was in Warrior Madness, when Thanos of all people went out of his way to confirm that he wasn't under the Warrior Madness? I don't care what Beta Ray Bill or Sif stated. They were clearly misinformed.

Haha, what the hell? He was off his knockers but this doesn't somehow magically amp him up because your in denial. The Valkyrie twisted Thor's perception of things. He viewed every one as an enemy. That's the jest of it.

Of course his more powerful than his regular self. Thor in his regular state holds back severely for the majority of the time. He even holds back when he out right states his going all out. It's in his nature. One of the main reasons Odin even let him join the Avengers was so he could learn to hold back his strength. This doesn't some how mean that Blood and Thunder is useless in debates. If someone posts that the stipulations are that Thor is not holding back at all, I can and will use Blood and Thunder as evidence. I however don't use it as the basis for a regular fight. Hence why I give Thor 6-8/10 against the Surfer and not 10/10 which would be the case as I used Blood and Thunder as the basis for my opinion.

I would give Thor 6-8/10 against ANY high herald.

bbrem123
wasnt surfer ripping reality apart when he cut loose?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I would give Thor 6-8/10 against ANY high herald.

Even Gladiator?

Rage.Of.Olympus
wasnt surfer ripping reality apart when he cut loose?

I'm not sure, but ripping through a piece of reality, hardly trumps what Thor has done unless the scale is enormous.

Thor's broken through reality with a blow.

bbrem123
ah this is what i was talking about...pretty ill feat if u ask me
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/captainmarvelv301020.jpg/
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/captainmarvelv301021.jpg/

ahh she was ripping apart reality...my bad...but he still stopped her

carver9
Even Gladiator?

I always stated that Thor>Gladiator. I hate admitting it but its the truth. I think physically Glads>Thor but if you put everything on the table, Thor is some notches above Glads.

By looking at everything Thor has done, taken, etc... the only herald that I would give a 5/5 split to is Surfer (even though I give Thor the nods over him as well).

Surfer is the only one with the durability, versatility, and power output to keep up with a Thor that is using his ability along with his brute force.

sad

quanchi112

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6148/87184793.th.jpg You are taking this out of context with this scene and applying it to another one.

carver9
ah this is what i was talking about...pretty ill feat if u ask me
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/captainmarvelv301020.jpg/
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/captainmarvelv301021.jpg/

Yeah, this is an insane feat and this feat alone is one of the reasons why I think so high of Surfer and put him> the high herald list (along with everything else that he has done versatility wise).

Spire
Wow. This fanboy party is getting out of hand.

Couple of things:

Thor was definitely under some sort of 'Warrior's Madness'

Oh, and Thor was fighting(beating up) Surfer and Warlock with 'lightning speed' - just wanted to mention that.

That is all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire

Couple of things:

Oh, and Thor was fighting(beating up) Surfer and Warlock with 'lightning speed' - just wanted to mention that.

That is all. Actually there was no warrior madness whatsoever and it was explained it wasn't on panel so as usual you my dear sir are incorrect.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Couple of things:

That is all.

If by Warrior Madness you mean he was blood lusted etc. then that's perfectly fine. If however by Warrior Madness you mean he was being amped etc. then I disagree.

Warrior Madness in itself was basically when a god went crazy with blood lust etc. That was the case for a while. The closest we have to it amping anyone until Thor #502 was Bill's statement. Hence why Zeus was stated to be under Warrior Mandess when he fought Thor and the Avengers. Heck even in Thor #502 (The issue where he made the 10x claim.) he explained that Warrior Madness was him entering a berserker state where his mindless and has no inhibitions or something similar.

So?

quanchi112
If by Warrior Madness you mean he was blood lusted etc. then that's perfectly fine. If however by Warrior Madness you mean he was being amped etc. then I disagree.

Warrior Madness in itself was basically when a god went crazy with blood lust etc. That was the case for a while. The closest we have to it amping anyone until Thor #502 was Bill's statement. Hence why Zeus was stated to be under Warrior Mandess when he fought Thor and the Avengers. Heck even in Thor #502 (The issue where he made the 10x claim.) he explained that Warrior Madness was him entering a berserker state where his mindless and has no inhibitions or something similar.

So? Yes, and since the ten times amp wasn't even written until years later people can quit bringing up this as some sort of amp which didn't even exist at this time. It's always been laughable like the writer had Thor at ten times as strong in this arc.

kgkg

Couple of things:

That is all. It wasn't WM as we find out at the end but he was not normal Thor and was stronger than average.

Key point is that he can't replicate this.

JakeTheBank
edit

kgkg
"This time"

"This time"

No I didn't claim it was WM. I claimed it was some sort of Illness similar to WM. This Thor was more powerful than Normal Thor.

We have seen BRB tie Thor in battle so yes he would know if Thor was more powerful than before. smile Heck it was beielve to be WM til the very end. So yes he was more powerful than avarage.

Again he was not normal and cannot achieve this state of mind he was Insane for god shake.

You seem to think getting mad and being insane is the smae this state would start affecting other asgardian.

Thor was INSANSE. Thor cannot achive this state of mind

and looking at overall battle feat Surfer will beat Thor 7/10 considering he already beat a Thor's equal recently and has owned people that give Thor lots of trouble.

Spire
Odin himself said it wasn't 'true Warrior's Madness', rather than, "Lolz, it's not Warrior's Madness. At all. Like... seriously... at all. Not even a bit. Also, its sooooo not Warrior's Madness that it can't/won't spread to other Asgardians because it's nothing. At all."

kgkg
Odin himself said it wasn't 'true Warrior's Madness', rather than, "Lolz, it's not Warrior's Madness. At all. Like... seriously... at all. Not even a bit. Also, its sooooo not Warrior's Madness that it can't/won't spread to other Asgardians because it's nothing. At all." Na man Thor was just mad he can get like this all the time. laughing out loud

Johnny Sorrow
Why are we all talking like that specific version of Surfer is in this fight? Because he's not.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No I didn't claim it was WM. I claimed it was some sort of Illness similar to WM. This Thor was more powerful than Normal Thor.

We have seen BRB tie Thor in battle so yes he would know if Thor was more powerful than before. smile Heck it was beielve to be WM til the very end. So yes he was more powerful than avarage.

Again he was not normal and cannot achieve this state of mind he was Insane for god shake.

You seem to think getting mad and being insane is the smae this state would start affecting other asgardian.

Thor was INSANSE. Thor cannot achive this state of mind

and looking at overall battle feat Surfer will beat Thor 7/10 considering he already beat a Thor's equal recently and has owned people that give Thor lots of trouble.

Yes he was more powerful than normal Thor in the sense that he was blood lusted. However claiming he had some sort of amped is silly. Heck, the only indication of even the True Warrior Madness giving a being any amp before Thor #502 was an off hand statement by Beta Ray Bill, who isn't exactly a scholar on all things Asgardian I would assume.

Haha, the old "But Beta Ray Bill stalemated Thor" argument. The gap between the has just been growing and growing in my opinion. You want to see how a fight between the two went after Blood and Thunder had concluded?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree4.jpg

We don't see Bill for a while as I recall.

And there's the Secret Invasion mini where Thor clearly outclassed Bill.

Okay, I don't think your understanding what I'm saying. The main difference between Blood and Thunder Thor and normal Thor would be the fact that Thor has no moral inhibitions. Thor will obviously never be as brutal or as violent as he was in Blood and Thunder, but the feats are certainly useable as a basis to form an opinion on if we are discussing a Thor that is blood lusted, not holding back and enraged. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend.

Beta Ray Bill is not Thor's equal. Using him as a basis for how well Thor would do against an opponent is a fallacy.

Who did he recently own that has given Thor a great deal of trouble?

We will continue this discussion tomorrow.

Doctor-Alvis
I think what we can all take away from this is heroes are enormous pansies and at the drop of a hat they can stop holding back progressively more, or less, depending on which one is the right one, and wreck each other in a never ending cycle of not holding back.

quanchi112
It wasn't WM as we find out at the end but he was not normal Thor and was stronger than average.

Key point is that he can't replicate this. No, that isn't the key point it's that he won't be in that same mindset again because he's a hero.

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus Yes he was more powerful than normal Thor in the sense that he was blood lusted. However claiming he had some sort of amped is silly. Heck, the only indication of even the True Warrior Madness giving a being any amp before Thor #502 was an off hand statement by Beta Ray Bill, who isn't exactly a scholar on all things Asgardian I would assume.
Why are you talking about WM? I really don't care what it was.

All that matter is that Thor was more powerful. Since BRB has battled Thor he would know that this Thor was more powerful.

That is all that matters.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus Haha, the old "But Beta Ray Bill stalemated Thor" argument. The gap between the has just been growing and growing in my opinion. You want to see how a fight between the two went after Blood and Thunder had concluded? http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree3.jpg http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsBillWarriorThree4.jpg We don't see Bill for a while as I recall. And there's the Secret Invasion mini where Thor clearly outclassed Bill. Yes lets just use the scans where THor had the upper hand and ignore all their ties and Bill having the upper hand.

Anyway it doesn't matter the feats disagree with you and writer disagree with you.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/985/billxu.th.jpg

BRB's power = Thor it's been proven and stated many times.

"Ohh no but THor has better feat". Yes and he has any shitty feats that don't apply to BRB which cancels out.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus Okay, I don't think your understanding what I'm saying. The main difference between Blood and Thunder Thor and normal Thor would be the fact that Thor has no moral inhibitions. Thor will obviously never be as brutal or as violent as he was in Blood and Thunder, but the feats are certainly useable as a basis to form an opinion on if we are discussing a Thor that is blood lusted, not holding back and enraged. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend. Beta Ray Bill is not Thor's equal. Using him as a basis for how well Thor would do against an opponent is a fallacy. Who did he recently own that has given Thor a great deal of trouble? It's your job to prove that Thor can operate at this level by just getting mad.

You can't use this feat because he was insane we don't really know how much this affected his strength Thor has been near death many times we don't see him getting mad and getting so much stronger.

Thor has problem with Hulk , Wolverine , WM , Iron Man while SS has causally own them in the past.

I don't see Thor beating Surfer on average

kgkg
No, that isn't the key point it's that he won't be in that same mindset again because he's a hero. Prove that he can? and Will?

If he can't and won't than it's pretty much useless to gauge when talking about Normal Thor.

quanchi112
Prove that he can? and Will?

If he can't and won't than it's pretty much useless to gauge when talking about Normal Thor. It's just Thor not holding back and ready to kill his opponents who happen to be friends which we can do on kmc. Sure he won't ordinarily run around trying to behead the Surfer but when he wants to he can crush him.

Just because someone's mindset is different such as Superman from WW issue 219 that doesn't mean we ignore what he's capable of in that mindset.

kgkg
It's just Thor not holding back and ready to kill his opponents who happen to be friends which we can do on kmc. Sure he won't ordinarily run around trying to behead the Surfer but when he wants to he can crush him.

Just because someone's mindset is different such as Superman from WW issue 219 that doesn't mean we ignore what he's capable of in that mindset. Wow.

It's not just Thor holding back.

It's Thor that is Insane.

Again you didn't even answer the question
Prove that he can? and Will?

If he can't and won't than it's pretty much useless to gauge when talking about Normal Thor.

quanchi112
Wow.

It's not just Thor holding back.

It's Thor that is Insane.

Again you didn't even answer the question He's mentally unbalanced and isn't holding back at all. He was still fighting how he normally did he just wasn't pulling punches and was extremely dangerous.

His abilities didn't change and since he won't try to murder his friends in the same manner in a comic that doesn't mean we can't take the noble hero constraints off of him in a forum setting.

You're just upset he dominated the Surfer.

Ambient
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8616/brbcu4.th.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8494/brb1kt0.th.jpg

So Thor was still pulling punches and less dangerous in those scan? He was no more insane than he was at Odin presence.. How can he lost to one man who is supposedly his equal yet prevail against two who are each equal or stronger without aid of outside forces; be it outside or a onetime source of reservoir of energy? There are narration of Thor impowering himself up with this forces, yet i've seen none that fore-tell/sugggest Thor in this arc is in norm bloodlust, not holding back psyche as you've called it. A rather unique insanity that is somehow ties with his godly soul, yes..

Cheap shot.. lols

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ambient
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8616/brbcu4.th.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8494/brb1kt0.th.jpg

So Thor was still pulling punches and less dangerous in those scan? He was no more insane than he was at Odin presence.. How can he lost to one man who is supposedly his equal yet prevail against two who are each equal or stronger without aid of outside forces; be it outside or a onetime source of reservoir of energy? There are narration of Thor impowering himself up with this forces, yet i've seen none that fore-tell/sugggest Thor in this arc is in norm bloodlust, not holding back psyche as you've called it. A rather unique insanity that is somehow ties with his godly soul, yes..

Cheap shot.. lols There was no amp and it wasn't to be taken literally. The only amp he got was the power gem much later in the actual story. We've seen Thor struggle with airwalker and the moment he found out he wasn't alive he destroyed him with one hammer toss so it shows you what he's capable of when going for the jugular.

Ambient
You've got Insane Thor @ 100% max potential; unfettered bloodlust.. lost to BRB on the ground lying w/ Surfer watching, a power amp is mentioned, Thor got up and proceeded to stomp both, then Warlock comes, he got stomp too along with Surfer. All this high heralds got beaten so easyly. That right there is quite clear, that Insane Thor went from 100% max to way above potential. He is no Hulk, course unless he drew strength from the Insanity.. shifty ..

We are not supposed to take literaly the amp being mentioned in that comics even dough its really clear yet take in Surfer, no holding back monoloque as literal when its not in his personas to go for the kill specially against someone he have great respect and come to aide ++ there is also his statement that they did so (hold back) in the latter issue.. His monoloquing should be one none taken literaly. lol

opps 1o minute break done..lols

quanchi112
You've got Insane Thor @ 100% max potential; unfettered bloodlust.. lost to BRB on the ground lying w/ Surfer watching, a power amp is mentioned, Thor got up and proceeded to stomp both, then Warlock comes, he got stomp too along with Surfer. All this high heralds got beaten so easyly. That right there is quite clear, that Insane Thor went from 100% max to way above potential. He is no Hulk, course unless he drew strength from the Insanity.. shifty ..

We are not supposed to take literaly the amp being mentioned in that comics even dough its really clear yet take in Surfer, no holding back monoloque as literal when its not in his personas to go for the kill specially against someone he have great respect and come to aide ++ there is also his statement that they did so (hold back) in the latter issue.. His monoloquing should be one none taken literaly. lol

opps 1o minute break done..lols There was no power amp mentioned he meant figuratively drawing power from his madness.

Thor can't amp his strength unless he goes berserker rage which was mentioned far later than this. This is what Thor is capable of when he wants to kill you right out of the gate.

Surfer meant as a group they cannot hold back and need to beat him not five issues ago that he was holding back. It's quite obvious.

Ambient
There was no power amp mentioned he meant figuratively drawing power from his madness.

Thor can't amp his strength unless he goes berserker rage which was mentioned far later than this. This is what Thor is capable of when he wants to kill you right out of the gate.

Surfer meant as a group they cannot hold back and need to beat him not five issues ago that he was holding back. It's quite obvious.
I can see that happening if Insane Thor was holding back at first but that is not the case as clearly he was not.. so how was he a few levels stronger than his max? The Amp..

No its not, there was no proof that the blood and Thunder arc is the norm potential non holding back Thor while there are evidence of the latter argument..

I take that as a statement in there approach toward Thors containment, so far in all issues.. Highly unlike for Surfer to kill specially against a friend, he couldn't do it to the most villain before Thanos/Morg.. Def. not Thor..

Spire
No its not, there was no proof that the blood and Thunder arc is the norm potential non holding back Thor while there are evidence of the latter argument..

thumb up

Only an idiot would think B&T Thor was just an angry Thor pissed off because... I guess... his team lost the ballgame and he lost 500 big ones that he stole from Odin.

quanchi112
I can see that happening if Insane Thor was holding back at first but that is not the case as clearly he was not.. so how was he a few levels stronger than his max? The Amp..

I take that as a statement in there approach toward Thors containment, so far in all issues.. Highly unlike for Surfer to kill specially against a friend, he couldn't do it to the most villain before Thanos/Morg.. Def. not Thor.. No, he wasn't this is what he is capable of when not holding back just like he can wreck Air walker with one hammer toss whereas before he was getting knocked around.

No, because that contradicts him actually stating I will hold back no longer.

Ambient
No, he wasn't this is what he is capable of when not holding back just like he can wreck Air walker with one hammer toss whereas before he was getting knocked around.

No, because that contradicts him actually stating I will hold back no longer.
That is my point, he clearly was not holding back when lost to BRB.. So how was he able to tank and stomp 3 high heralds @ get go after the mention of ampage to the madness if what was stated just a figure of speech? Maybe it was not figuratively but rather literal.. hmm lols

You meant the other way around right cause that holds more truth.. How often do we see Surfer let loose even against hated opponent let alone a respected friend? Never..

quanchi112
That is my point, he clearly was not holding back when lost to BRB.. So how was he able to tank and stomp 3 high heralds @ get go after the mention of ampage to the madness if what was stated just a figure of speech? Maybe it was not figuratively but rather literal.. hmm lols

You meant the other way around right cause that holds more truth.. How often do we see Surfer let loose even against hated opponent let alone a respected friend? Never.. BrB only got the upper hand briefly due to the Surfer distracting him. The reason he was temporarily beaten was due to the fact he wasn't amped and can be downed in the same manner as before but it's not likely to happen because Thor is out for the kill right out of the gate.

He said he wasn't going to hold back so I took him at his word. Why would he say that and the reader assume he lied?

tkitna
I cant believe people actually think SS and Superman have a chance against Void. Do these people just throw away the obvious? I realize Bendis sucks, but come on. The Void was taking on the Avengers, X-men, Strange and Thor before and they were powerless to stop him or even harm him. Now we have Siege 4 in which he could have killed all these people if he really wanted to, but Bob popped up and decided he would rather die than to let the Void rulde. Please use common sense when it comes to these matters. The Void is beyond these characters.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>