Movies you thought were good in the past.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Well considering the rapid change in the movie industry, mistakes are unacceptable in movies today at least to the extent it was in the past.

What are some of the cheesy movies by today's standard, movies you thought were good but if you watch it again today are not so good.

For me it was Con Air when it came out I loved it now I haven't seen this since it came out decided to watch it again today was laughing so hard on the terrible acting.

Anybody have similar story?

Impediment
Gone in 60 Seconds, The Rock, Armageddon.

Bardock42
Con Air was cheesy, I do remember enjoying it, perhaps mostly because of the dreadful acting and ludicrous plot and characters.

But I am wondering what you mean with "Well considering the rapid change in the movie industry, mistakes are unacceptable in movies today at least to the extent it was in the past" Do you mean movies nowadays are on the whole less full of bad acting, terrible dialogue and insane or stupid plots than they were in the past?

Menetnashté
Neverending story. Loved it as a kid. Went back and watched it, horrible, just horrible.

kgkg
Originally posted by Bardock42
Do you mean movies nowadays are on the whole less full of bad acting, terrible dialogue and insane or stupid plots than they were in the past? In general that does seem to be the case for at least acting and dialogue.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
Gone in 60 Seconds, The Rock, Armageddon.

i actually watched the Rock and Armageddon recently. Loved em both.

MildPossession
Have to agree with Neverending Story. This is one remake(well following the book closer) I look forwards to in two years time.

Bicnarok
Flash Gordon, I thought it was amazing as a kid but watched it again a while back and thought "how the hell did I like this"

Myth
I remember liking Spawn in Middle School, and now I view it as one of the worst wide released movies ever made.

steverules_2
I'll be honest and say that I did like GI Joe the rise of cobra but watched it again and I was like'....this is shit! What the hell is with the shitty acting and dialogue!! This script is horrendous!'

BackFire
Personally I still think NeverEnding Story is really good.

marwash22
Hulk. When i saw it theaters i was swept up in the cgi and thought it was awesome; when it came out on dvd, my opinion changed drastically.

Vinity
Originally posted by Bardock42
Con Air was cheesy, I do remember enjoying it, perhaps mostly because of the dreadful acting and ludicrous plot and characters.

But I am wondering what you mean with "Well considering the rapid change in the movie industry, mistakes are unacceptable in movies today at least to the extent it was in the past" Do you mean movies nowadays are on the whole less full of bad acting, terrible dialogue and insane or stupid plots than they were in the past?

Not only was Con Air the best movie of 1997, it is an all time pleaser. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and laughing the whole time. With non stop action and hundreds of classic one-liners, this movie just can't lose. A must see for people of all ages and genders!!!!

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Flash Gordon, I thought it was amazing as a kid but watched it again a while back and thought "how the hell did I like this"

i still love that movie.

Lord Coal
Armageddon springs to mind. I loved that film when I was about 12, but last time I watched it, I just thought 'Well this is shit'.

The remake of Planet of The Apes, too. I thought that was a good film until I saw the original. The remake just pales in comparison, though it's still well worth watching just for Estella Warren...

Shey Tapani
Hallmarks Merlin and a bunch of other Hallmark movies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by -Pr-
i actually watched the Rock and Armageddon recently. Loved em both.

Havent seen the second one but The Rock is great.Hey it has the legend Sean Connery in it.I also loved it at the end where Cage was looking at the film and said-Honey you want to know who really shot JFK? big grin That was clever.JFK is one of my favorite movies of all time.prety much everything in that film is factual to what really happened in his death and who killed him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.