Hell: Fact or Fiction?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ushomefree
Any informed/educated insight would be greatly appreciated; I'm not interested in views/opinions based on emotion.

apIMAGpp-T8&feature=related

4L2VTxL1KrU&feature=related

esuEJf3R4PI&feature=related

AtexcXmbMB0&feature=related

YGDljaqmCjs&feature=related

UXIrtZr1ado&feature=related

What the hell is Hell?

Ms.Marvel
before i dedicate an hour of my life to watching these videos, can you please summarize them in your own words and explain why they are important? please and tankees smile

King Kandy
ushomefree has the ability to post original content: Fact or Fiction?

Wild Shadow
so i just wasted my time watching all the videos.. probably the only relevant ones were the 1st 2 just b/c of the bases of what is hell to each person and how many revisions it went through in the bible and in church preaching..

maybe the 3rd and 4th but seriously the videos were nothing more then a sermon and how the guy 1st rejected Catholicism and then became an atheist now agnostic or better yet found older translations of the religion which fits his idea of a peaceful merciful god..

basically claiming that hell was not the basis of the judeo/christian religion but was used and set in placed by religious figures to keep ppl in line.. sighting earlier translations of text and referencing jesus to support his belief...but, it is something most educated or ppl who study the bible already know..

his argument is that some translations of the bible had over a 100 hell references but that the original text judeo had no hell and even more modern ones have bn revised with only hell being mention about 10 times in the entire bible.. claiming that hell wasnt actually part of the bible but it was put in by churches and the only hell reference ever spoken in the christian bible was jesus but that it was sheol and that jesus came to take all souls from hell to heaven and close it once and for all.. claiming jesus will never rest till every soul has found god and accepted jesus so hell cannot exist...

also saying that hell was largely influence by the culture of the time and religions and that god cannot be god if he claims to be love and yet torture others.. etc etc....

also that being tortured for a set time is also mistranslation for eternal punishment in hell instead of being punished for an indeterminate time and not eternal...kinda like going to jail you do your time and your free

Bardock42
So those are two believers arguing about interpretation?

Well, I don't believe hell is real, I am very sure that it was made up by people as a controlling device. I wouldn't presume to know whether it coincides with an actual existing thing, but the odds seem mind bogglingly slim.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
before i dedicate an hour of my life to watching these videos, can you please summarize them in your own words and explain why they are important? please and tankees smile

Deja vu lol

Juk3n
pfft hell?? lolzmuchly

You need as body and nerve endings for torture to be effective.
You need a mind and an imagination for torment to be effective. You leave all those behind when you die, as the evidence in your coffin or urn suggests.

read some frickin' Terry Pratchett, stick out tongue

Digi
Guys, you're not getting it. Don't bother replying, it does nothing. Just ignore him. He clearly won't change his approach because he's been confronted numerous times about it. Nobody bothers refuting spambots, and he's no more than 1-2 steps above that at this point.

Ordo
Digi, cant you just remove this stuff? Ush has been told time and time again by mods to stop posting these video threads.

Wild Shadow
i agree... ban

Digi
Originally posted by Ordo
Digi, cant you just remove this stuff? Ush has been told time and time again by mods to stop posting these video threads.

I always feel a bit odd about it, tbh. Yes yes, I'm a global, I know. But religion isn't anywhere near my unofficial section(s). And I interact with ushome frequently and it's no secret I don't like the dude at all. I'm always hyper-aware of how my actions might be perceived, and anything that might compromise objectivity raises red flags with some, mods or otherwise.

I'll bring it up with the other globals though. If I can get some support, we can hopefully do away with these things, and I won't have to feel funny about it.

Mindset
Digi, you're a mod, why are you still having feelings?

Are you malfunctioning?

Ordo
Well, I always report them and it usually takes care of the job.

In a case like this where he has been told to not simply post videos and say "Comment"...I think thats an easy, objective measure that shouldn't involve any personal interpretation on your part.

Digi
Originally posted by Ordo
Well, I always report them and it usually takes care of the job.

In a case like this where he has been told to not simply post videos and say "Comment"...I think thats an easy, objective measure that shouldn't involve any personal interpretation on your part.

Meh, I'm in the process of establishing a precedent for it, which should speed up the process of dealing with them in the long run. A case-by-case report system is fine, but we don't always discuss decisions that result from reports, so there's no consensus.

Originally posted by Mindset
Digi, you're a mod, why are you still having feelings?

Are you malfunctioning?

lol

ushomefree
People, please... if by closing/deleting this thread helps you sleep at night, I'm all for it, ha ha! I don't care! It's a stupid, idiotic thread I posted on the KMC forum. Get it?! If such a thread creates tension in your life, I suggest you spend less time on the internet and/or embrace a hobby (or go on vacation). Life is maddening enough to spend time grumbling over a "thing" as trivial as this! Complain about taxes or something that effects your life personally, instead. So, please... close/delete this thread, ha ha! Maybe you all could rally and submit a petition to the Supreme Court. I don't care! It's not that serious. Good grief.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ushomefree
People, please... if by closing/deleting this thread helps you sleep at night, I'm all for it, ha ha! I don't care! It's a stupid, idiotic thread I posted on the KMC forum. Get it?! If such a thread creates tension in your life, I suggest you spend less time on the internet and/or embrace a hobby (or go on vacation). Life is maddening enough to spend time grumbling over a "thing" as trivial as this! Complain about taxes or something that effects your life personally, instead. So, please... close/delete this thread, ha ha! Maybe you all could rally and submit a petition to the Supreme Court. I don't care! It's not that serious. Good grief.
lol, you aren't helping your case here.

ushomefree
King Kandy, I don't have a "case" on this thread; I'm asking for the opinion of others - namely, their opinion of the video posted. What are you talking about?!

King Kandy
Nobody cares about your videos...

ushomefree
King Kandy... I don't care!

Bardock42

This strikes me as fake. Too much "haha, I'm soo not bothered by it, haha. Haha"

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos

Ordo
Or what modern science means.

Bardock42
Or what "consider" means.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to be part of something, I don't even know what Bic means...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Or what "consider" means.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to be part of something, I don't even know what Bic means...

He's refering to the law of conservation of energy/mass. The woo community has taken this to mean that we're immortal because we're made of matter and if matter can't be destroyed neither can we (ie you get vaporized by a nuke but the matter you're made of still exists in one form or another so you haven't been "destroyed", even of course anything that can be called you is now gone). The woo community is full of idiots, by the way.

Digi

Or you could stop posting like an idiot and contribute in ways that don't insult our intelligence. No, KMC isn't super-important in the scheme of things, but it has a rule structure and we all spend various amounts of time on it. No one likes that time or those rules abused by others. The wish to close your threads isn't us taking KMC too seriously, it's you not respecting basic social courtesies on the forums, of which you've been notified in the past.

But getting your threads closed will work just fine for me too, so I'm good either way.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He's refering to the law of conservation of energy/mass. The woo community has taken this to mean that we're immortal because we're made of matter and if matter can't be destroyed neither can we (ie you get vaporized by a nuke but the matter you're made of still exists in one form or another so you haven't been "destroyed", even of course anything that can be called you is now gone). The woo community is full of idiots, by the way.

And that's actually what he means?

Bicnarok
Pure fiction, made up by the Catholic church and other wanna be dominant groups to scare the crap out of people so they do what they are told.

Jack Daniels
didnt read all this so hope it wasnt mentioned but before my heavy drinking days..lol...I use to study a bit of this and if I remember right Bicnarok is right and they pulled that from a norse legend goddess named hel ...hell as many know it is fiction the stuff of myths....or if you wanna say hell is fact ...as that old black fella in the desert of that movie house of a 1000 corpses(or was it devils rejects..lol) said...THIS IS HELL! think thats about as close to fact as we can get far as hell goes...this is hell..specially when my bottle runs dry!

Sith Master X
I say...ya never know. Live life with an open mind. wink

Wild Shadow
i try but a lot of the women are unwilling cool

Jack Daniels
but the ones that are make all worth it..lol

jimeshten
According to me !! Sometime , I don't believe Hell is real or not but I am very sure that It was made up by people as a controlling device. I wouldn't presume to know whether it coincides with an actual existing thing but The odds seem mind bogglingly slim. You need as body and nerve endings for torture to be effective.
You need a mind and an imagination for torment to be effective. You leave all those behind when you die, As the Evidence in your coffin or urn suggests.

peejayd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.