Cyclops vs Black Canary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
ko,kill cis on morality on.. use of terrain

fight takes place during Gotham no mans land arch and future imperfect NYC merge City..

who wins?

lordxalba
Cyclops takes this.

Konton
Cyclops' blast is faster. His beam punches a hole through Dinah.

Q99
Hm, in an urban environment I'd think Canary may be more at home, and she can use her cry wide-area to hit even if there's no LOS and she only has a rough location idea. It's not KOing like that, but does cause a lot of pain and performance impairment. Plus if they do get in close, she's the stronger.

Dinah'll definitely get her share of wins.

Konton
I'm thinking with standard distance in a standard arena, he'll win quick draw every time.

Q99
Originally posted by Konton
I'm thinking with standard distance in a standard arena, he'll win quick draw every time.

Yea, no question, but this is in a Gotham/NYC hybrid. Much different story.

Omega Vision
Morality on Cyke won't be using his blasts to full potency as to avoid hitting any civilians and/or causing collateral damage.

IMO that gives Canary a definite chance here and if she closes in she definitely wins. Cyke is good but nowhere near Dinah in h/h.

That said Scott should take the majority.

Wild Shadow
this is future imperfect NYC landscape not many civilians i would imagine same for the gotham refugees.. it wouldnt be as full as the standard city..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
this is future imperfect NYC landscape not many civilians i would imagine same for the gotham refugees.. it wouldnt be as full as the standard city..
So Scott doesn't start up with a clear shot then? Because if this is covered in rubble and as per standard rules they start 1 km apart then he won't be able to snipe one shot her right off the bat.

Q99
Not all that many long clear shots in NYC.

Omega Vision
Canary's best hope is to ambush Cyke. If they end up bumping into one another at a goodish range and there's a clear shot Cyke wins.

colossulrage
black canary

-Pr-
Why are people assuming that an urban environment handicaps Scott?

Q99
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why are people assuming that an urban environment handicaps Scott?

It's not so much that it handicaps Scott, so much as BC's powers are even better suited for it.

In an open area, it's a quickdraw, Scott wins. In an area with shorter ranged, they might end up in hand to hand, and BC can hit Scott with knowing only his rough location while Cyclops needs a more precise bead, a nice advantage inside a building. She's also more of an urban fighter in general and'll get around better.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
It's not so much that it handicaps Scott, so much as BC's powers are even better suited for it.

In an open area, it's a quickdraw, Scott wins. In an area with shorter ranged, they might end up in hand to hand, and BC can hit Scott with knowing only his rough location while Cyclops needs a more precise bead, a nice advantage inside a building. She's also more of an urban fighter in general and'll get around better.

most of the fights he's been in have been urban locations. plus, he can very easily blanket an area with a spread of small blasts if he wants to not use the larger, building destroying blast.

Q99
most of the fights he's been in have been urban locations.

Less-so than Canary who's even more primarily a city-type and urban crimefights solo often. I think she's more stealthy too.

How often does he do that in combat? Also, it's still not as good as the cry- lets say they each get a brief glimpse then lose each other in an area where they could've each gone to a variety of places (like a branching hallway or a stairwell). Odds of Scott blasting the right spot by chance is low and if he tries he gives away his position, odds of Canary doing a painful Cry then hearing the screams of pain is high, it'll hit 100% of the time.

If they happen upon each other at *really* close, either by accident or if Dinah manages to get the drop on Summers, then the advantage is also Canary's.

---

They're both very experienced heroes with very good ranged attacks. Scott's has higher precision and power, Canary's has better area effect and can travel through things. Canary also has better HtH. Those are the differences as I see them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Less-so than Canary who's even more primarily a city-type and urban crimefights solo often. I think she's more stealthy too.

she's more stealthy, sure, but the gap isn't that large when it comes to urban combat, imo.

he's used it when required, but he usually has a bead on people.

so why would he be less likely to use a wide blast?

an area blast from him is going to do as much as if not more damage than her scream, imo.

Q99
she's more stealthy, sure, but the gap isn't that large when it comes to urban combat, imo.

It's still there.

I can't recall him ever doing it as a way to find a human-level foe he doesn't know the precise location of through a building. This isn't bloodlust on after all.

Canary uses area blasts a lot more against human foes since they just stun.

Yea, but they're both human so it hardly matters too much, and an area blast from her is even wider.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
It's still there.

I can't recall him ever doing it as a way to find a human-level foe he doesn't know the precise location of through a building. This isn't bloodlust on after all.

Canary uses area blasts a lot more against human foes since they just stun.

Yea, but they're both human so it hardly matters too much, and an area blast from her is even wider.

it's not substantial enough to make that big a difference, imo.

he doesn't need to have bloodlust on. he can use low level blasts in the same manner, and has done in the past.

plus, he can do bank shots, trick shots etc.

i don't know about that; his blast is pretty wide.

namorsubby
BC could take a few......

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Morality on Cyke won't be using his blasts to full potency as to avoid hitting any civilians and/or causing collateral damage.

IMO that gives Canary a definite chance here and if she closes in she definitely wins. Cyke is good but nowhere near Dinah in h/h.

That said Scott should take the majority.

Current Cyclops almost has no morality anymore.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bad match up for Canary in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.