Captain Marvel vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Billy Batson.

Who wins?

amnesia
CM for the stomp.

TheTyrant
Loki for the stomp.

SamZED
CM. Not a stomp but wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Loki for the stomp.

Do you anything about Captain Marvel?

Marvel was enduring prolonged attacks from DoV Spectre without keeling over. He's also endured 5D magic maelstroms, which were said to be able to reduce lesser heroes to ashes, and the so called lesser heroes included people like Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Superman, and others.

Loki isn't stomping Marvel. Conversely, Marvel isn't stomping Loki, but he certainly should get the majority here.

CosmicComet
Loki is a respectable opponent, but CM walks him down for a good majority.

Lord_Talron
CM

Konton
CM, but Loki puts up a good fight.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Marvel was enduring prolonged attacks from DoV Spectre without keeling over. He's also endured 5D magic maelstroms, which were said to be able to reduce lesser heroes to ashes, and the so called lesser heroes included people like Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Superman, and others.

Loki isn't stomping Marvel. Conversely, Marvel isn't stomping Loki, but he certainly should get the majority here.

Weakend Loki was fighting off Seth while he was inside of Seth's realm.

JakeTheBank

Great.

Still doesn't change the fact he's fighting a mid to high herald (depending on how close you think Marvel is to Superman) with some of the best defenses against magic in comic. Loki's about infinitely more versatile than Captain Marvel, but he's going to be hard pressed to deal enough damage to make stick.

Colossus-Big C

Loki isn't stomping Marvel. Conversely, Marvel isn't stomping Loki, but he certainly should get the majority here. why doesnt anyone believe captain marvel>superman?

Colossus-Big C
Weakend Loki was fighting off Seth while he was inside of Seth's realm. imo thats PIS, seth is a skyfather level guy who has busted galaxys, and should be more powerful in his realm.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
why doesnt anyone believe captain marvel>superman?

Probably because Superman has way more feats to use in his defense and has greater versatility and the ability to amp himself easier than Marvel can.

As is, DC tries to show the two on as level a playing field as possible.

Q99
Even when they fight and draw, Superman generally limits himself to hand to hand instead of using his ranged attacks, and I don't think CM has a single win against him. He's strong enough to draw, but not enough to really get wins.

That said, Billy's much better suited for magic foes.

Yea, his body basically being a magical construct allows him to survive some times of attacks others never could. The Qwardian Void Hound turned him inside out with a tesseract bomb and he commented he didn't think any of the other heroes there (again, Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion, etc. types) could survive it.

zeel

I agree with this for the most part. However i give loki the edge being a dirty player. I dunno its hard to say. If this was superman vs loki id say loki, but cap against loki i say it could go either way.

zeel

Cap isnt greater then supes. But under the circumstances hes better suited for this fight.

Philosophía
Captain Marvel.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
why doesnt anyone believe captain marvel>superman? Because he's not.

D-Block

They're equals. Each are better for different situations.

KingD19
I just wish they would stop acting like asses, and let CM use magic, that's one of the staples of his powers, why shouldn't he use it?

Rage.Of.Olympus

That was a very impressive showing for Loki. He was fighting and holding his own against Seth despite the fact that he was tapping into the nigh infinite power of his realm.

A few issues later he was stalemating Odin in a battle that was destroying Galaxies, and rocking the fabric of the Multiverse outside his realm.

Priest
What happens if Loki goes astral?

JakeTheBank
Marvel would be hard pressed to harm him in his astral state, but Marvel's resistance to magic would likewise back it difficult for Loki to harm him.

cdtm

Yeah, Marvel has pretty good resistance to magic.

To be fair to Spectre though, it didn't seem like he was really trying to kill Billy. If he could take Shazam, I'd think he could take Marvel too..

And Loki has his own high end showings, like taking a point blank attack from Surtur amped up on the cask of winters, and near the Eternal Flame. Plus, there's the infamous Surfer showing, even if it was a weaker version of Surfer..

amnesia
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Marvel has pretty good resistance to magic.

To be fair to Spectre though, it didn't seem like he was really trying to kill Billy. If he could take Shazam, I'd think he could take Marvel too..

And Loki has his own high end showings, like taking a point blank attack from Surtur amped up on the cask of winters, and near the Eternal Flame. Plus, there's the infamous Surfer showing, even if it was a weaker version of Surfer..

It wasn't a weaker version of surfer, classic Loki was a beast.

cdtm
Originally posted by amnesia
It wasn't a weaker version of surfer, classic Loki was a beast.

Recanted, until I bone up on my classic Surfer history a little..

Could've sworn his banishment to Earth also involved a depowerment or something..

Anyways, yeah, classic Loki was a monster. big grin

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm

Also to be fair, he had eaten his way through half a dozen lords of magic and I think over a hundred normal mages first!

Warlord
CM 6/10.
This is a better fight than Superman

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Also to be fair, he had eaten his way through half a dozen lords of magic and I think over a hundred normal mages first!
I think it was stated that one of the first things he did was to attack a gathering of several hundred battle hardened mages and he killed every last one of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.