Inhuman royal family vs Magneto, quicksilver, polaris, and (pre Mday) S.witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
(Blackbolt, Medusa, Gargon, Maximus, Karnak, Triton, and Crystal)

no lockjaw stick out tongue

assume magneto is full power, not the magneto of today (though his feats can be applied to full power magneto i guess *shrugs*)

KingD19
Mags and BB go at it, while QS uses his new insane speeds to down just about everybody but Gorgon.

Then they all team up on BB and Gorgon.

TheTyrant
How fast is Quicksilver nowdays?

KingD19
He ran around halfway around the world in a little under 2 minutes.

He was moving through the Avenger's Infinite Mansion so fast that Jocasta couldn't upload her consciousness through her copies(1 stationed at every door) fast enough to keep up with him.

Circled the world in a single panel, but how fast he did it was uknown, probably around 4 minutes or so.

He also demolished X, X could read his thoughts and anticipate his moves, but QS was so fast, his body couldn't keep up with his mind.

TheTyrant
Wasn't he like mach 1 before? Was it ever explained how he became that much faster?

KingD19
Yeah, when he was 1st introduced, he could hit a little over mach 1, like 777mph or something.

He got faster because of all the terragenetic transformations he went through.

psycho gundam
actually, 1st appearance could go 100 miles per hour, but he was pretty young

Johnny Sorrow
Quicksilver was relatively slow (compared to his current appearances) until he was exposed to Isotope E, which boosted his speed to Mach 5. When he lost his powers after House of M, he gained time-jumping powers by Terrigen Mist exposure and implanting the crystals into his body. Then he mysteriously regained his powers, and apparently he is steadily getting faster and faster. Terrigenesis has nothing to do with it.

Quicksilver could have done the same thing to Mister X when he was moving at Mach 5.

psycho gundam
^ hopefully he doesn't get "too fast", not sure about everyone else, but i'm not a fan of unwarranted power-ups that make a character toony

TheTyrant
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ hopefully he doesn't get "too fast", not sure about everyone else, but i'm not a fan of unwarranted power-ups that make a character toony

You're not a Superman fan then?

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by TheTyrant
You're not a Superman fan then?

Are you talking about the "power-down" Superman got after COIE?

psycho gundam
not a fan of how his powers/character is handled, but the classic origin of superman is certified genius, I'd love to write him from the point he was found on earth. (the yellow sun power-up thing is a plot hole though, i'd take it out completly)

Philosophía
Team 2. Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ hopefully he doesn't get "too fast", not sure about everyone else, but i'm not a fan of unwarranted power-ups that make a character toony Too late.

amnesia
I think marvel wants a flash.

KingD19
Originally posted by amnesia
I think marvel wants a flash.

They've already got Northstar.

And Ultimate Quicksilver hit Mach 10 with no problem, and he was casually approaching lightspeed.

psycho gundam
don't like it one bit

he's already losing his personality as it is, he'll soon turn into a walking (no pun intended) power-set with no character

amnesia
Originally posted by KingD19
They've already got Northstar.

And Ultimate Quicksilver hit Mach 10 with no problem, and he was casually approaching lightspeed.

Northstar dies if he goes to fast stick out tongue

aaaand quicksilver really needs to be the new speedster.

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't like it one bit

he's already losing his personality as it is, he'll soon turn into a walking (no pun intended) power-set with no character

I think he's still a complex character, guilt when facing her daughter, pretending he was a skrull, being conventionally evil. Arguably he is more complex than Magneto -but acts much more like a teenager, impulsive which is in his usual self.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.