Most Devastating Super Weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

akpwnz
Hi kids,

It's time to do another list.

What are your top 5 most devastating super weapons?

Here is the full list:

* Centerpoint Station
* Darksaber
* Dark Reaper
* Death Star I
* Death Star II
* Eye of Palpatine
* Electro-proton bomb
* Galaxy Gun
* Ion Ring
* Mass Shadow Generator
* Malevolence
* Planet Killer
* Shawken Device
* Star Forge
* Starkiller
* Sun Crusher
* The Tarkin
* World Devastator

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_weapons

truejedi
Suncrusher is indestructible, so it would have to be #1.

Lord Lucien
Sun Crusher and Star Forge. All you need. And maybe the DS 2 if you feel like being obnoxious.

akpwnz
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Sun Crusher and Star Forge. All you need. And maybe the DS 2 if you feel like being obnoxious.

Can you give any examples that would take that over the eye of palp?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by akpwnz
Can you give any examples that would take that over the eye of palp? The Eye was just one big gun platform. It had no "special weapon" to it other than being bigger than a Super Dtar Destroyer. The Death Star II was 950 km, brsistling with guns and could blow up a planet. I'd take that any day over the Eye.

MasterAshenVor
#1 The Eclipse - Capable of taking down any type of ship with one shot (Had the exact same gun that the Death Star had) (Exception being the sun crusher)

#2 - Sun Crusher - For Obvious reasons

# 3 - World Devastator - Ravaged Mon Cal and almost destroyed all New Republic Worlds before it was brought down (also referred to being even worse than the Death Stars)

# 4 - Death Star I - Capable of destroying entire worlds, Almost brought the end of the rebellion.

# 5 - Dark Reaper - Has the ability to suck the life out of all living things on a planet if fully charged. Enough said.

Nephthys
Galaxy Gun should be no1 imo. The ability to destroy a planet from another system entirely without warning trumps solar-system destruction. And it can be subtle enough to just destroy cities or miltary bases.

Edit: Though damn, Centerpoint is uber.

Galan007
Sun Crusher easily had the most devastating overall effect.

truejedi
DE: what's worse: not knowing your planet is about to be destroyed, or knowing it is, and not being able to do a thing to stop it?

akpwnz
Originally posted by truejedi
DE: what's worse: not knowing your planet is about to be destroyed, or knowing it is, and not being able to do a thing to stop it?

Good point

Hewhoknowsall
Tactically speaking, the Galaxy Gun (although I don't see why they need that big gun to launch the bullets/whatever they launch) and Centerpoint Station are the most DESTRUCTIVE. With these two, you can simply blow up your enemy's major planets without fuss.

World devastators are pretty useful.

The Star Forge is simply beast. I don't see how Malak possibly could've lost with that thing.

Nephthys
The first one, becuase it gives you no chance of evacuation.

Lord Lucien
Carida, a military world, only had an hour. They didn't fair too well.

I'd still take an indestructible small craft over a giant, vulnerable gun.

Hewhoknowsall
Carida, a military world, only had an hour. They didn't fair too well.

I'd still take an indestructible small craft over a giant, vulnerable gun.

I don't get why they need the gun and can't just launch the projectile without it, or from an underground base.

To be honest though, the Sun Crusher is pretty useful as well, since pretty much nothing can stop it short of possibly trapping w/a tractor beam and boarding it.

Lord Lucien
Even then, good luck getting the door open.

Hewhoknowsall
Even then, good luck getting the door open.

Just detain it and starve out its crew, who will eventually have to surrender and turn the Sun Crusher over.

Lord Lucien
Or fire on your ship.

Hewhoknowsall
Or fire on your ship.

...that's a great point.

akpwnz
Forgot to mention Yo'gand's Core http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yo%27gand%27s_Core

Not mentioned as a super weapon because it is organic.

truejedi
exactly, the only reason he didn't fire on the Millenium Falcon was because it was han. The sun crusher can blow up anything that latches on to it.

By calling it indestructible, and having it drive THROUGH several ships to prove it, they made it a bit ridiculous. There wasn't even any way to destroy the thing, that's how indestructible it was.

Lord Lucien
I think Kyp or Han had the feeling that even the Sun Crusher's hull couldn't withstand a direct hit from the Death Star's laser.

truejedi
where was that stated?

Elok Quintly
It should be noted that the Eclipse-class Star Dreadnoughts were equipped with a synthesis of armor plating and shielding that allowed them to ram enemy vessels as well.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
where was that stated? In one of the Jedi Academy books. Kyp, Han, and Qui Xux were in the Sun Crusher, and Tol Sivron and his buddies were in the Death Star prototype. They had blown up Kessel's moon and were going to fire on the Sun Crusher.

truejedi
Doesn't Qui Xux, builder of the Suncrusher, say they have nothing to worry about though? I would take her word over Han's bad feelings.

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly though.

Autokrat
I haven't quite figured out why SW has no R-bombs.

Ms.Marvel
r-bombs?

Autokrat
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
r-bombs?

Relativistic bomb.

If you move something past 14% C, weird shit starts happening and you get an incredibly destructive amount of kinetic energy.

Say you toss a kilogram slug at 99.99% C, that's going to come out to roughly 1.5 gigatons. It would be easy to accomplish with SW tech. Imagine a rapid fire cannon shooting one of those slugs. Imagine hundreds of them.

You would want it to flatten on impact of course, otherwise it would just punch right through and keep moving.

But think of how cheap such a weapon would be to supply?

Ms.Marvel
oh yeah, i know. realistically speaking projectile weapons powered by the energy outputs in SW tech would be devastating.

Autokrat
It should be noted I've never taken a physics class in my life. I think I've spent far to much time checking out physics books from the library and reading online articles.

The closest was AP Chemistry (which I failed.)

Lord Lucien
I always just figured it was their shielding technology that made slugs useless. Their wacky tech probably disintegrates any matter throw at it regardless of our understanding of physics.

Autokrat
I always just figured it was their shielding technology that made slugs useless. Their wacky tech probably disintegrates any matter throw at it regardless of our understanding of physics.

But turbolasers are really just some weird particle weapon. Why don't they disintegrate them?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Autokrat
But turbolasers are really just some weird particle weapon. Why don't they disintegrate them? You mean their lasers are actually made of matter?

Autokrat
You mean their lasers are actually made of matter?

Some weird hybrid of photons and matter. The weapon doesn't make sense as we know physics (impossible things are done to the photons.)

akpwnz
I turned this into a list btw - http://furiousfanboys.com/2010/06/the-7-most-devastating-superweapons-in-star-wars/

Tried to add everyone's input

Digi
I'll preface this with saying I don't have intricate knowledge of every weapon listed. But I haven't seen a power listed that Centerpoint can't trump. At full potential, it should be able to ravage entire solar systems in single gravitic strikes. I suppose the Sun Crusher is similar, but would take longer to operate on a galaxy-wide scale.

ares834
Originally posted by Autokrat
Relativistic bomb.

If you move something past 14% C, weird shit starts happening and you get an incredibly destructive amount of kinetic energy.

Say you toss a kilogram slug at 99.99% C, that's going to come out to roughly 1.5 gigatons. It would be easy to accomplish with SW tech. Imagine a rapid fire cannon shooting one of those slugs. Imagine hundreds of them.

You would want it to flatten on impact of course, otherwise it would just punch right through and keep moving.

But think of how cheap such a weapon would be to supply?
Ha. That is almost exactly the same as what they use in mass effect. Hell they even flatten upon impact.

But yeah it definently makes more sense then lasers or whatever the hell Star wars uses.

Uriel005
Honestly I would say for effectiveness for a war the Star Forge because with just that you can build everything else on the world ending or star ending list as well as entire fleets provided you have the know-how to build them. As with the death stars individual superweapons don't do shit unless supported with enough craft to cover their vulnerabilities though with the Deathstar 1 you would think with the capability to destroy a planet that it would have a shield over the exhaust port strong enough to block photon torpedoes -_-.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Uriel005
Honestly I would say for effectiveness for a war the Star Forge because with just that you can build everything else on the world ending or star ending list as well as entire fleets provided you have the know-how to build them. As with the death stars individual superweapons don't do shit unless supported with enough craft to cover their vulnerabilities though with the Deathstar 1 you would think with the capability to destroy a planet that it would have a shield over the exhaust port strong enough to block photon torpedoes -_-. Run-on sentences will be the death of you.

Uriel005
Still doesn't mean that the statement is incorrect.

RE: Blaxican
Most of us wouldn't know either way as it's too painful to read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.