Sora vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Quite a while earlier a made this thread, however, by now Sora is now much more highly regarded in terms of battle capabilities than back then. So let's see what the consensus is.

So Kratos is on another revenge quest, and battles some undead legionaries. Meanwhile civilians of Twilight Town are running about, and Kratos, as he often does, kills them. Sora sees this and gets mad. He refuses the let Kratos (who has defeated the undead legionaries) pass. The two proceed to fight.

Battle is set in Twilight Town where Sora/Donald/Goofy fought those beserkers.

This Sora as of the end of KH2. No drive forms, summons or items (well, his typical equipment is allowed).

This is Kratos as of the end of GoW2 (not GoW3...IDK how powerful he is by then). No Rage of the Titans, Blade of Olympus or items (well, his typical equipment is allowed).

Both have a respectable knowledge of the other.

PIS is obviously OFF
CIS is OFF

BloodRain
No drive forms :/? Whats the difference between GoW2 and 3 Kratos anyway?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by BloodRain
No drive forms :/? Whats the difference between GoW2 and 3 Kratos anyway?

IDK...I don't have GoW3. However, he seems to be far more powerful since he regularly beats Gods...GoW1 Kratos needed a boost to beat Ares.

Demonic Phoenix
Technically, all of Kratos' feats in the beginning of GoW3 (i.e. up until his fall into River Styx) can be counted as GoW2 Kratos feats.

Heythere,Honey
*Evil laugh* Time to test the SSSC's capabilities.

Ms.Marvel
i havent seen anything from sora that would make me think he would last ten seconds against kratos.

on the other hand, ive never played more than five or six hours of kingdom hearts and that was just the first one.

why am i even posting in here then? shrug

TheAuraAngel
Though I prefer Sora by a infinitely larger margin that an idiot like Kratos but I think he may lose this. Know next to nothing about Kratos for the most part but judging by his weapons of choice and the area they're fighting in, Kratos has an advantage, seeing as how closed space it is.

Then again, Sora can dodge/react to lasers... laughing

wakkawakkawakka
I'm not up to par on KH knowledge but how is Sora supposed to beat Kratos? I'm not trying to belittle Sora or anything but so far Kratos would demolish him in a close/mid-ranged fight.

BloodRain
Unless Sora spams Stop, Magnet, Thunder and Reflect getting hit by Kratos would be mostly fatal. Reflect in this case is the main thing to save his ass (reflecting the damage Kratos did back at himself), as long as he keeps his speed/teleports up.

TheAuraAngel
Actually, since the reaction commands are Sora's skills, I think I'll change my opinion. Kratos does have the advantage of speed but Sora is far faster and could spam magic like crazy. I don't think either could win easily.

That ACDC Chick
i think the only way Sora could win this would be by the skin of his teeth at a long range just spamming as much magc as he can
does Sora get to keep the abilities he learned from leveling up drive forms?
Quick Run from Wisdom, High Jump from Valor, Glide from Final and Aerial Dodge from Master?

BloodRain
His normal jump, movement and glide should should be enough, though Masters ability and using Final form would be great.

That ACDC Chick
it also helps that Sora's magic recharges after a minute or two, depending on the Keyblade he's using
i think Kratos needs to open chests or kil certain enemies for his magic to recharge, correct me if im wrong

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
it also helps that Sora's magic recharges after a minute or two, depending on the Keyblade he's using
i think Kratos needs to open chests or kil certain enemies for his magic to recharge, correct me if im wrong

That's just a gameplay restriction. As for Sora's recharging, I think that's how it is in canon.

Hewhoknowsall
i think the only way Sora could win this would be by the skin of his teeth at a long range just spamming as much magc as he can
does Sora get to keep the abilities he learned from leveling up drive forms?
Quick Run from Wisdom, High Jump from Valor, Glide from Final and Aerial Dodge from Master?

Sure, why not.

I'd say that both here have a chance. Kratos is clearly much stronger and durable; I highly doubt that Sora could survive a hit from the Blades of Athena. But then again, Sora could just spam reflect.

MooCowofJustice
Anyone mention Sora's time stop?

Sin_Volvagia
Kratos wins. Sora has forgotten Stop and Aero which puts him at a disadvantage and I can't see Reflega stopping a Typhon's Bane tornado, Atlas Quake, or several orbs from Cronos' Rage. Kratos has better durability and could take a beating from the keyblade. Without Drive Forms, Sora isn't winning this.

BloodRain
He doesnt use it in the game doesn't men he's somehow forgotten how to use it. It was only replace for gameplay.

Slow wind arrows? Quake, short ranged and ground based. For someone like Sora? Orbs dont looks like anything Sora cant face either. Yeah Reflect can work on those if Sora doesnt just avoid them.

Edit: And Sora is strong enough for this not to be one sided.

Sin_Volvagia
He doesnt use it in the game doesn't men he's somehow forgotten how to use it. It was only replace for gameplay.

When Sora is awakened in KH2, he mentions forgetting all of his spells. Merlin had to reteach him magic.

Noticed I said tornado?

BloodRain
Oh yeah. (How can you forget...ah) Unless the OP allows it, Reflect is still good enough.

Means nothing to me, explain?

LLLLLink
I voted Kratos. smile

Oh wait! Didn't Sora beat Cloud, Squall and Sephiroth?

MooCowofJustice
I'm pretty sure Sora is leagues above Hermes in speed, and Hermes is the fastest thing Kratos has fought.

Would Kratos realistically ever be able to hit Sora?

LLLLLink
I don't even know. I picked Kratos because his balls have already dropped.

BloodRain
Leagues above Hermes and can actually fight/defend. Anything above Hermes speed with average/+ skill is a threat to Kratos.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I voted Kratos. smile

Oh wait! Didn't Sora beat Cloud, Squall and Sephiroth?

Actually, he did, although it's debatable as to how powerful the KH1/KH2 versions of them are compared to the FF versions.

LLLLLink
KH isn't canon, though, right. Just like Dissidia.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Kratos wins. Sora has forgotten Stop and Aero which puts him at a disadvantage and I can't see Reflega stopping a Typhon's Bane tornado, Atlas Quake, or several orbs from Cronos' Rage. Kratos has better durability and could take a beating from the keyblade. Without Drive Forms, Sora isn't winning this.

I'm still not sure as to who wins, but:

Reflega has been shown to stop pretty much anything, including (from what I remember) Ceberus's stomps, so Atlas's Quake could probably be reflected. Crono's Rage...I'm not sure, but I don't see why not. I'm also not sure how long Kratos can withstand a beating from the keyblade (since this is Sora from the end of KH2, let's say he has the best keyblades/magic like a lv 99, just like how Kratos has maxed out spells/weapons for this fight). Oh, and Sora has been shown to one shot skyscrapers...although Kratos likely has resisted being crushed by Atlas.

TheAuraAngel

While Dissidia in a sense can be argued over whether its canon or not, Kingdom Hearts shoots all canon in the foot. It could never be canon to the FF series.

Hewhoknowsall

???

Within the KH universe, KH/KH2/all other KH games are canon.

But as in the FF characters within KH, I suppose they (the FF characters in KH series) aren't canon within the FF universe.

LLLLLink
Got it.

BloodRain
...Erm, no.

Probably the best strength feat from Sora is stopping the Groundshaker's stomp in the form of a lion cub and holding the Keyblade in his mouth no expression aka he's no wimp.
Strong magic, very high reactions and blinding speed. And with a powerful reflecting shield.

TheAuraAngel
Sora has fought Hercules and beaten him before, and going by that alone I can say Kratos will need another way to beat him than just out muscling the kid. Speed most certainly goes to everyone's favorite Disney/Square Enix love child.

MooCowofJustice
That's true, Hercules is definitely stronger than Kratos. He tossed the titans into space.

Hewhoknowsall
There's a question though: is Sora's reaction time fast enough to effectively react to Kratos striking at Sora? Cause if it is, then Sora just reflects everything back at Kratos. Soon he'll run out of MP (or whatever the non gameplay mechanic equivalent is; or maybe MP is canon, which is likely is) he can just glide around (he still keeps the drive form abilities that he can use outside of drive forms) until he recovers his MP and then repeat it.

Kratos, probably won't be stupid enough to repeat the same attacks after Sora counters them, but what's he going to do?

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
That's true, Hercules is definitely stronger than Kratos. He tossed the titans into space.

laughing

Someone besides me remembers that?

But yeah...how does Kratos win this? no expression

MooCowofJustice
The Hercules movie is my favorite of all the Disney movies. Well, second to Lilo and Stitch.

Stitch is just awesome.

TheAuraAngel
The Hercules movie is my favorite of all the Disney movies. Well, second to Lilo and Stitch.

Stitch is just awesome.

Hercules is an awesome movie. Lilo and Stitch is a lot better though. Still, I prefer the ever cliche Lion King.

I suppose Kratos is lucky Sora can't summon here huh? stick out tongue

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I'm still not sure as to who wins, but:

Reflega has been shown to stop pretty much anything, including (from what I remember) Ceberus's stomps, so Atlas's Quake could probably be reflected. Crono's Rage...I'm not sure, but I don't see why not.

Ok, so I didn't use Reflega enough.

I don't think KH versions of Disney characters are the same as in the movies. Besides, Hercules was struggling to beat Auron.

TheAuraAngel
Ok, so I didn't use Reflega enough.

I don't think KH versions of Disney characters are the same as in the movies. Besides, Hercules was struggling to beat Auron.

I don't think I ever used it period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCpTzkk3Z8

:08 to 0:20

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

I guess Hercules vs. Auron is PIS.

MooCowofJustice
Hercules had also been fighting nonstop for I believe weeks.

TheAuraAngel
I guess Hercules vs. Auron is PIS.

Meh, seems to be. Hercules was feeling pretty down at the time and that affects his strength(?).

Sin_Volvagia
Hercules had also been fighting nonstop for I believe weeks.

Oh yeah, that's right.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
with PIS and CIS, Kratos wins easily
Sora will crap in his pants from the brutality and the sight of blood when fighting Kratos.

Heythere,Honey
I think Kratos would win, but Sora would give him one hell of a fight, especially with Reflaga and Stop.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I think Kratos would win, but Sora would give him one hell of a fight, especially with Reflaga and Stop.
but he didn't have Stop in KHII confused
unless he somehow got back the magic and abilities he learned in KHI srug

That ACDC Chick
well, Reflega is strong enough to keep Sephiroth's attacks at bay when used correctly mhmm

Slow wind arrows? Quake, short ranged and ground based. For someone like Sora? Orbs dont looks like anything Sora cant face either. Yeah Reflect can work on those if Sora doesnt just avoid them.

Edit: And Sora is strong enough for this not to be one sided.
he was asleep for a year, thats how he forgot all his abilities and magic spells

Hercules is an awesome movie. Lilo and Stitch is a lot better though. Still, I prefer the ever cliche Lion King.

I suppose Kratos is lucky Sora can't summon here huh? stick out tongue
espeially since he cant summon Tinker Bell anymore which was like, the greatest summon in KHI haermm

neither did i despite how god it is
i just usually like to spam Thundaga because it works on most Nobodies and Heartless exceptthe damn yellow operas in KHI

BloodRain
Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sora will crap in his pants from the brutality and the sight of blood when fighting Kratos.

P/CIS is hardly ever taken into account in these fights. OP even said no to them.

That ACDC Chick
stupid question but, what does PIS and CIS mean? hmm

BloodRain
Plot induced stupidity and Character induced stupidity.

That ACDC Chick
okay, i see then mhmm

Demonic Phoenix
P/CIS is hardly ever taken into account in these fights. OP even said no to them.

CIS is taken into account typically. Not PIS though.

As for this thread, yeah, no PIS/CIS.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE

With PIS Sora likely wins since in this case he'd be the hero.

TheAuraAngel
So.....anyone gonna give me a reason Kratos wins? I don't really the poll to be that much of an argument...

Sora has the speed advantage and the reaction time on his side and no one is arguing against it. Kratos is stronger yes and more brutal, but Sora has dealt with physically stronger foes and defeated them with not too much difficulty. Plus he is packing reflect magic, magnet magic, and curative magic, all of which give Sora a great advantage.

So...I'm calling Sora winning until I hear an argument.

That ACDC Chick
Kratos has his shear size and strength as an advantage
plus his weapons which are effective at pretty far ranges while Sora only has the Keyblade, which can only be used at close range unless he spams magic till the meter runs out, then dips and ducks and dodges until his magic recharges
plus Kratos fought, and won against, Hermes, the fastest being alive, so im pretty sure he can hold his own against Sora

all in all though, theres a lot of factors in this match-up that make it hard to decide on a clear winner

TheAuraAngel
plus his weapons which are effective at pretty far ranges while Sora only has the Keyblade, which can only be used at close range unless he spams magic till the meter runs out, then dips and ducks and dodges until his magic recharges
plus Kratos fought, and won against, Hermes, the fastest being alive, so im pretty sure he can hold his own against Sora

all in all though, theres a lot of factors in this match-up that make it hard to decide on a clear winner

Size and strength are not really that pressing of a concern in Sora's case. He's fought Hercules, who has shown more strength to the best of my knowledge. His ranged weaponry is a problem I'll give you, but creative use of his magic can nullify a long range battle. And I'm sorry, but if they can do it with Link, I'm going to say the same with Sora. He has reacted to lasers, which seem to be faster than Kratos's moves I think. Not seen the Hermes boss battle, does he fight him in the second game?

I agree. I like this fight and by no means am I saying that Sora wins easily. But I do think he wins barely. wink

BloodRain
Sora could speedblitz Hermes if you match up both their fastest movements. That Xemnas dome feat makes it so that Sora can react, counter or evade anything Kratos sends his way, that scene is like blocking 10 bullets a second from people standing in front, behind and above you.

^He fights him in the 3rd but I really dont see much difference between 2 and 3 since the end of 2 is the beginning of 3.

TheAuraAngel
Sora could speedblitz Hermes if you match up both their fastest movements. That Xemnas dome feat makes it so that Sora can react, counter or evade anything Kratos sends his way, that scene is like blocking 10 bullets a second from people standing in front, behind and above you.

^He fights him in the 3rd but I really dont see much difference between 2 and 3 since the end of 2 is the beginning of 3.

Could he? I've never looked much at Hermes, aside from the boss battle where he didn't look all that fast to me. Indeed, uber feat is uber.

Well its just we're only using Sora's KH2 feats so we should stick to Kratos's GOW2 feats. What with that being in the OP and what not. Either way, I still think Sora takes it.

BloodRain
No doubt about it, Hermes speed can't compare. <-and by that, nor can Kratos.

Hewhoknowsall

That's true; I'll give him that.

Your tactic is would Sora would likely use if he's smart enough (which he probably is; he's shown to be pretty smart). None of Krato's long ranged attacks are too much for Sora to handle thanks to him and Roxas blocking thousands of lasers coming down on them.

TheAuraAngel
I find it odd that Kratos is dominating the poll and yet there really isn't much of a reason to vote for him. Someone be kind enough to offer a defense for everyone's favorite Spartan.

MooCowofJustice
My favorite spartan is actually King Leonidas.

Master Chief is higher on my list than Kratos. erm

TheAuraAngel
My favorite spartan is actually King Leonidas.

Master Chief is higher on my list than Kratos. erm

Everyone's favorite Spartan retard? Better?

BloodRain
Polls usually mean the winner has more fans, is liked/no idea what the underdog can do or the opposition is hated. Though it is catching up from 90% Kratos to 66%.

That ACDC Chick
That's true; I'll give him that.

Your tactic is would Sora would likely use if he's smart enough (which he probably is; he's shown to be pretty smart). None of Krato's long ranged attacks are too much for Sora to handle thanks to him and Roxas blocking thousands of lasers coming down on them.
well, really Sora's a bit on the naive side
if Kratos was maiming and threatening his friends, i could see Sora getting it together enough to kick some serious ass, cause thats when he gets super serial is when his friends are threatened
he showed this even in the first game when he refused to let a possesed Riku take Kairi's heart from him

and it was Riku that he blocked all those lasers with, not Roxas
Roxas is Sora's Nobody who reassimilated back into Sora before the final battle with Xemnas took place

crimson_2010
kratos curbstomps, unless Sora get something to counter kratos ultimate power : hope

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by crimson_2010
kratos curbstomps, unless Sora get something to counter kratos ultimate power : hope

He stole the ring from that kid on Captain Planet and he has the power of Heart. Not that it matters, this Kratos doesn't have hope does he? That's God of War 3 isn't it?

BloodRain
Yeah that's GoW3 again, which would be cancelled by Drive forms if Sora had them here.

Hewhoknowsall
well, really Sora's a bit on the naive side
if Kratos was maiming and threatening his friends, i could see Sora getting it together enough to kick some serious ass, cause thats when he gets super serial is when his friends are threatened
he showed this even in the first game when he refused to let a possesed Riku take Kairi's heart from him

and it was Riku that he blocked all those lasers with, not Roxas
Roxas is Sora's Nobody who reassimilated back into Sora before the final battle with Xemnas took place

Oops! Sorry, I meant to say Riku; I get the two mixed up.

Anyhow, based on the current arguments, Sora takes this.

That ACDC Chick
Yeah that's GoW3 again, which would be cancelled by Drive forms if Sora had them here.
but didnt he have hope inside of him ever since he opened the box in the first game? confused

Oops! Sorry, I meant to say Riku; I get the two mixed up.

Anyhow, based on the current arguments, Sora takes this.
its understandable laughing out loud
i think its a tie, cause theyre equally matched due to Kratos having taken down multiple gods, so he's got the strength portion, then Sora has just about everything else srug

BloodRain
Yes but it was dormant until the last.

Heythere,Honey
Why the heck does Kratos have so many votes and so little supporters? xD

That ACDC Chick
cause the match is too even

Sin_Volvagia

There are lurkers too.

TheAuraAngel
I just want to argue with someone over this. Seems like it could be a good debate.

Ms.Marvel
youre wrong

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
youre wrong

Wouldn't be the first time if I was. But I have nothing better to do. No Pokemon or Final Fantasy threads are being talked about, except for one which is stupid. And I don't feel like bumping.

Ms.Marvel
no. thats all horribly incorrect

all of it! prove me wrong!

TheAuraAngel
no. thats all horribly incorrect

all of it! prove me wrong!

Actually, you are wrong. It's really quite obvious.

I don't need to. You disprove yourself.

Ms.Marvel
i thought you wanted to argue with someonesad

TheAuraAngel
i thought you wanted to argue with someonesad

I did. But its not like I have something to argue about when you just tell me I'm wrong. But I saw what you were doing if its any consolation. smile

Ms.Marvel
well disregard my last three posts then sad

TheAuraAngel
well disregard my last three posts then sad

Don't frown! Makes me feel bad. You win. I am incorrect about everything.

Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNp7OxgFJJM

TheAuraAngel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNp7OxgFJJM

I sorta like that song actually.

wakkawakkawakka
Umm...so who won? I'd blindly vote for Kratos but since Sora looks like he can actually put up a fight, I'm not really sure.

However Kratos' god-killing feats look better(that if GOW 3 is counted) so Kratos would have more credibility right.

MooCowofJustice
Sora's argument is based on speed. Above Hermes which would be the fastest thing Kratos has fought.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Umm...so who won? I'd blindly vote for Kratos but since Sora looks like he can actually put up a fight, I'm not really sure.

However Kratos' god-killing feats look better(that if GOW 3 is counted) so Kratos would have more credibility right.

It's starting to look like Kratos by the poll but Sora by the arguments. No one is really arguing for Kratos.

It's a classic choice over which is preferable between speed and strength. Sora is faster by far while Kratos has better strength feats. Except whereas Sora has shown the ability to fight and defeat strong opponents, like Hercules, Kratos has never fought opponents as fast as Sora according to those whose statements I trust.

Reputation is one thing, but backing it up is another. The Gods from the God Of War series never seem to show omnipotence most associate with the word God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.