Superman vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker793
Superman vs Galactus
Superman has All the seven rings
All the rings have infinite juice
can superman defeat the devourer?
I think he can big grin

Warlord
yeah you do

Slaanesh
nope..unless this is a starving to death Galactus..he'll stomp..

McNasty996
NO, he'll most likely just become much more annoying to big g

amnesia
Do not devour my home giant one! *COSMIC EYE BEAMS OF DOOM* superman is dead.

Mshinu
http://listicles.thelmagazine.com/wp-content/upload/mistertfacepalm.jpg

Lord_Talron
fail thread offtobed

quanchi112
Originally posted by Joker793
Superman vs Galactus
Superman has All the seven rings
All the rings have infinite juice
can superman defeat the devourer?
I think he can big grin thumb down

Galactus doesn't notice him

Omega Vision
His chances actually go up from 0.001 to 0.002 if you leave him with only the Green and Blue rings since a lot of the others have negative effects when paired.

Wild Shadow
superman flies through galactus like he did to galactus female dc counterpart when she broke out of prison.. in action comics ending battle

amnesia
Seriously? I don't think you are..

Wild Shadow
i'm dead serious.. no expression see my serious face?

it happen in action comics ending battle when supes fought manchester black, bizarro, mogul..

in the same moment when supes ko'ed the DC version of galactus he flew over and ko;ed the Dc version of the watcher..

Colossus-Big C
i remember some one saying a ring has infinit power and is only limited by the imagination

Colossus-Big C
as much as i hate superman, he wins

galactusischere
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i'm dead serious.. no expression see my serious face?

it happen in action comics ending battle when supes fought manchester black, bizarro, mogul..

in the same moment when supes ko'ed the DC version of galactus he flew over and ko;ed the Dc version of the watcher..

Imperiex or Anti-Monitor?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by galactusischere
Imperiex or Anti-Monitor? neither...

both the DC version of galactus and watcher's were held prisoners in a jail till the jailer set them all free to distract superman..

the female galactus was like: i hunger i must feed.. she was a giant with the funky head gear and she tore a piece from a building.. she was glowing and supes hovered near her and said dont do that and knocked her out..

then in the corner a wannabe DC watcher was monologing how he has bared witness to countless things and supes flies up and tell him to shut up ko punch,,

Colossus-Big C
never mind i change my mind

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/jonah-hex/wallpaper/jonah-vs-superman.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i remember some one saying a ring has infinit power and is only limited by the imagination

That's why they run out of juice and need recharge...from heir Green Lanterns!

the ninjak
Galactus eats him. Like a Solar Gobstopper.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
never mind i change my mind

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/jonah-hex/wallpaper/jonah-vs-superman.jpg laughing out loud

the ninjak
Happy Dance

paisapower
In superman 147,superman wearing a green lantern ring tries to absorb a half a universe destroying anti matter blast set off by sinestro with his body. Sinestro says nothing in the universe could contain the blast. Even though supes couldnt contain it the blast merely stunned him. Not saying supes could win but his durability sure is enhanced.

Wild Shadow
yeh, enhanced when a writer needs him to be for cosmic story purposes.. that insults ppl's intelligence

galactusischere
You have a picture of the female Galactus?

Wild Shadow
You have a picture of the female Galactus? here you go..

Rage.Of.Olympus
CDisplay is the best program for reading comics on Computers etc.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
CDisplay is the best program for reading comics on Computers etc.

Comics on computers??

Reading comics manufactured on glossy paper with staples from Canada is the best way to read comics.

Happy Dance

Black bolt z
Galactus and easy.Galactus is the cat and supes is the mouse.He might annoy him but sooner or later he goes down.

Wild Shadow
but supes already took down the female dc galactus? embarrasment

Black bolt z
but supes already took down the female dc galactus? embarrasment Just because A beats B and B beats C doesn't mean A beats C.
I honestly don't see supes getting more then a single(and even thats unlikely)win.

moonknight11
but supes already took down the female dc galactus? embarrasment

He took down a featless inferior copy of Galactus.

Supes stands no chance.

Joker793
U guys r ignoring the fact each ring has infinite juice
how does galactus defeats this superman

U guys r ignoring the fact each ring has infinite juice
how does galactus defeats this superman

Same way he deals with everything, by eating it.

armed&dangerous
dur

FOOM
DC's world-eater has head gear like that? - a blatant rip off, don't you think?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by moonknight11
He took down a featless inferior copy of Galactus.

Supes stands no chance. i was just being a smart @$$

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by armed&dangerous
dur laughing laughing

Joker793
Originally posted by 753
Same way he deals with everything, by eating it. ur answer makes me think u r a galactus fanboy
rings are not energy based
they are plasma based which react to willpower,fear,greed etc
only exception is red ring
red ring is plasma mixed with inflammable acid
thats why red fire burns in space
read FC n GLC
now how does galactus beat this superman?

JakeTheBank
ur answer makes me think u r a galactus fanboy
read FC n GLC

The rings are based on energy, emotional energy which manifests usually in the form of hard light constructs.
Plasma is a form of energy anyway, so there's that.
Galactus absorbs energy.
Galactus wins in a ragestomp.

TheTyrant
By blasting him into smithereens. You can have entire lantern corps and still galactus would casually solo them.

Joker793
How does he absorb infinite plasma
he would be full after absorbing plasma worth of a planet
srsly i see there is major superman, hulk, wonder woman, captain marvel hate n unnecessary doom, galactus, thor, squirrel girl love here

JakeTheBank
How does he absorb infinite plasma
he would be full after absorbing plasma worth of a planet
srsly i see there is major superman, hulk, wonder woman, captain marvel hate n unnecessary doom, galactus, thor, squirrel girl love here

The rings aren't based on plasma energy.
An infinite charge to a power ring still won't make Superman as powerful as he needs to be to stop him from being stomped. Not to mention all the conflicting emotions would make Superman a basket case and effectively even worse off then if he had seven rings of the same color.
Do you know what Galactus can do?

You've effectively made an unintentional spite thread.

Joker793
imagine 6*7200+1 no of lanterns combining their power in a single attack
this attack would destroy galactus
can galctus beat ben parker with IG if ben only uses energy attacks?no he can't
energy attacks have defeated galactus in past
galactus can't absorb every type of energy
if he could he would be eating stars not planets
he uses machines n a crystal to convert life energy of planet into absorb able energy

JakeTheBank
imagine 6*7200+1 no of lanterns combining their power in a single attack
this attack would destroy galactus
can galctus beat ben parker with IG if ben only uses energy attacks?no he can't
energy attacks have defeated galactus in past
he uses machines n a crystal to convert life energy of planet into absorb able energy

Okay, I'm imagining it. Too bad Superman won't come close to that kind of firepower.

Based on what?

IG has nothing to do with this thread.

Energy attacks greater than what Superman can summon.

Energy is energy. Galactus absorbs energy.

He requires a specific kind of energy to survive. It doesn't stop him from using the Power Cosmic to be able to absorb/rechannel other kinds of energy toward his own ends.

Okay?

Galactus wins and it's spite.

TheTyrant
Ypu jet proved you know Jack about Galactus.

Joker793
IG has every thing to do with thread as superman has 7 energy equals of IG
if galactus is such a good energy absorber why could not he absorb the pain dished out by 2 primal gods during annihilation
u fail to give a logical answer about how galactus wins

JakeTheBank
if galactus is such a good energy absorber why could not he absorb the pain dished out by 2 primal gods during annihilation

....Did...did you just say that Superman with the seven different Lantern Corps rings equals the Infinity Gauntlet?

My brain hurts.

Joker793
i said they r energy equals of IG as they have infinite juice

JakeTheBank
i said they r energy equals of IG as they have infinite juice

What the f**k?

Joker793
Read the first post

JakeTheBank
Read the first post

Infinite juice =/= the energy the Infinity Gauntlet brings to bear.

So Superman won't run out of energy and won't have to recharge with a power battery. Cool.

He still isn't powerful enough to beat Galactus. You realize that the Power Cosmic can do essentially everything that the power ring can, right? And you do realize that there is no way in hell Superman will be able to use all of the rings effectively as most of them have conflicting effects with one another?

Joker793
only conflicting effect blue ring has on other rings is that it discharges yellow ring
that won't be a issue here

galactusischere
Galactus stomps.

read FC n GLC

I loled at this.

The rings are very much so energy based and plasma is superhot gas, nothing else. Galactus could causally absorb the energy and mass (plasma) of a whole star. What he requires, as jake stated, is a particular type of energy to survive, but he can devour other types of non sustaining energy as well. He usually only eats as much as he needs to stay alive, but he can consume much more. He once began eating Mephisto's realm - that's eating a dimension - and in another ocasion (when his hunger was amplified) began eating universes, threatening to devour the multiverse. Read BCA.

The fact that SM doesn't need to recharge, doesn't mean his atatcks will pack infinite energy, only that he has infinite juice to power up attacks that will never hurt galactus.

Even if we assume G can't absorb the ring's energies or outright convert SM's mass into energy and assimilate it, he'd still swat him down like a fly by blasting through all his shields and killing him.

Are you on drugs?

kgkg
Galactus can absorb pretty much anything including living being.

cdtm
I'm confident G could handle the colors.

Black and White, I'm not so sure on.. The Black did give Spectre problems, and the White being the manifestation of all life in the universe means it's a pretty high concept power.

But putting White and Black rings together is counterproductive...

cdtm
Originally posted by TheTyrant
By blasting him into smithereens. You can have entire lantern corps and still galactus would casually solo them.

Disagree. The combined Corps bottled up an entire living sector of space, and that's when they were 3600. That's a high Skyfather showing, at the least.

7200 Lanterns with a solid battle plan should even give a well written G troubles.

Bentley
Again another thread that reminds me about the classic "Galactus vs any number of daxamites"

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Again another thread that reminds me about the classic "Galactus vs 10,000 daxamites"

Do you mean my thread?

That was 3 billion. stick out tongue

galactusischere
read FC n GLC

Greatest post in the history of KMC.

cdtm
Greatest post in the history of KMC.

Possible the greatest post in comic board posting history. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/2guns.gif

galactusischere
Originally posted by cdtm
Possible the greatest post in comic board posting history. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/2guns.gif

Indeed gun_bandana

Black bolt z

laughing laughing laughing

You know he can eat stars right?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

The rings aren't based on plasma energy.
An infinite charge to a power ring still won't make Superman as powerful as he needs to be to stop him from being stomped. Not to mention all the conflicting emotions would make Superman a basket case and effectively even worse off then if he had seven rings of the same color.
Do you know what Galactus can do?

You've effectively made an unintentional spite thread.

didnt you read blackest night superman? uhuh

Black bolt z
u fail to give a logical answer about how galactus wins So your small brain thinks superman holds the power of 7 IG's

http://www.failimages.com/jokepics/4-3a066hellovaderpt5-1.jpg

You know there are different levels of infinity right?A universe in infinte in size.Galactus has said so himself.Yet he has eaten universes meaning he has eaten infinity.With that logic he can eat the rings.Supes anit winning.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
didnt you read blackest night superman? uhuh

I did, actually. I preferred it over Blackest Night: Batman and Wonder Woman, too.

And while he can probably feel all these emotions at any given time, to be able to wield them all in conjunction effectively is another thing entirely. Superman trying to tap into all these emotions to use his power rings, especially Avarice, can't be good for him mentally.

-Pr-
I did, actually. I preferred it over Blackest Night: Batman and Wonder Woman, too.

And while he can probably feel all these emotions at any given time, to be able to wield them all in conjunction effectively is another thing entirely. Superman trying to tap into all these emotions to use his power rings, especially Avarice, can't be good for him mentally.

well i didnt read all the batman one, and the wonder woman one... ugh.

yeah, that's true. i think he'd do ok with three or four, though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
well i didnt read all the batman one, and the wonder woman one... ugh.

yeah, that's true. i think he'd do ok with three or four, though.

Batman one was ok. Wonder Woman's....lol.

He could do good with Will, Hope, and Compassion, imo. Adding the other ones will probably mess him up.

-Pr-
Batman one was ok. Wonder Woman's....lol.

He could do good with Will, Hope, and Compassion, imo. Adding the other ones will probably mess him up.

it sucked. i love greg rucka most times, but good god...

will, hope, compassion and maybe love or rage, i was thinking, though its a long shot.

Joker793
Originally posted by Black bolt z
So your small brain thinks superman holds the power of 7 IG's

http://www.failimages.com/jokepics/4-3a066hellovaderpt5-1.jpg

You know there are different levels of infinity right?A universe in infinte in size.Galactus has said so himself.Yet he has eaten universes meaning he has eaten infinity.With that logic he can eat the rings.Supes anit winning. u hav Sg in ur sig
i don't care what u think
u r the 1 with small brain
i said his 7 rings r energy equals of ig
let me repeat energy equals
scans of galactus eating MU?
oh wait he gets his ass kicked every time he tries to eat marvel earth
answer this y did not galactus absorbed the energy attack by the female goddess during annihilation
how does he absorb the blue ring
not even Orange lantern can absorb them

Slaanesh
having all the rings will not put u anywhere near the power level of an abstract being..Supes can probably challenge a skyfather with it..but an abstract..it's just to much..Galactus can wipe out 3 star system while weaken..at regular power level..he will turn Supes into dust..

cdtm
Probably not with just the rings.

Although, Spectre is abstract level, and he was Nekron's *****. And the white ring wearers took out Nekron, so they could be an exception.

Slaanesh
the white and black ring isn't a normal ring..they're not one of the emotional spectrum..the white rings wearers didn't do anything..it was the white rings that came out of black hand that destroy Nekron..Nekron is probably an abstract entity..he's suppose to be death rite..

TheTyrant
Probably not with just the rings.

Although, Spectre is abstract level, and he was Nekron's *****. And the white ring wearers took out Nekron, so they could be an exception.

Spectre isn't abstract level no expression
His best feat is holding apart two universes. That is nothing compared to what some of the most powerful abstracts have done.

Slaanesh
His best feat is holding apart two universes. That is nothing compared to what some of the most powerful abstracts have done.

dude..everybody knows Spectra is an abstract level entity..he's the wrath of god..not just any god..the supreme god of DC universe..are u seriously saying he's not an abstract??

cdtm
Also fighting Zero Hour Parallax.

Universe affecting feats are about abstract level, imo... Hell, Eternity and Death have much lower showings than that, like the time Eternity got put into a coma by Cubes or Death was captured by Elders...

Not to downplay them, but just saying Spectre has his good and bad days. just like they do..

TheTyrant
Also fighting Zero Hour Parallax.

Universe affecting feats are about abstract level, imo... Hell, Eternity and Death have much lower showings than that, like the time Eternity got put into a coma by Cubes or Death was captured by Elders...

Not to downplay them, but just saying Spectre has his good and bad days. just like they do..

They never get beat up by aliens though. I don't remember the issue, but in one comic, a bunch of highly advanced aliens attacked earth and managed to trap beings like Spectre, Superman, Batman, etc into a chamber. After the heroes managed to free themselves, the Spectre still didn't do anything remotely impressive. All he did was grow in size and take down a few ships. I was expecting a 'herald my RAGE' moment from Spectre.

Juntai
His best feat is holding apart two universes. That is nothing compared to what some of the most powerful abstracts have done. eek!

Parmaniac
Spectre isn't abstract level no expression Where would you put Spectre?

Joker793
Galactus is not abstract level

Yes he is

Joker793
u telling a lie does not make it truth
Galactus is not abstract
He loses here
Superman stomps him

Parmaniac
u telling a lie does not make it truth
Galactus is not abstract
He loses here
Superman stomps him Yeah because you need to be abstract to beat supes right?

guy222
another silly thread

galactusischere
Galactus is an abstract.

Black bolt z
How is this thread still open?

Joker793
Srsly galactus is above celestial level
but he is not abstract
oblivion is abstract
guy222 do u think galactus is abstract

galactusischere
but he is not abstract
oblivion is abstract

Galactus is a 'sibling' to the abstracts and represents the balance between Death and Eternity. How is that not abstract?

Black bolt z
but he is not abstract
oblivion is abstract
guy222 do u think galactus is abstract Galactus is an abstract.An abstract represents something in the universe.The tribunal has four faces

Equity(Galactus)Nesscisity(eternity)and vengence(death).Forgive me if I mixed up galactus and eternity but I know these three are for these.The fourth face is a void that LT said could represent the stranger.

Joker793
then why does not his power level display his status?

galactusischere
then why does not his power level display his status?

Because Marvel earth must survive.

Black bolt z
then why does not his power level display his status? Originally posted by galactusischere
Because Marvel earth must survive. Have you acutally read a comic with galactus?PIS.If galactus wanted to eat earth he could in a second from space.

guy222
but he is not abstract
oblivion is abstract

good morning friend

imo, debate whether galactus and the celestials is endless with both sides taking either one

tiamut is the most powerful celestial

in the older comics, galactus is the force that balances death and eternity

Badabing
speedblitzcombotoakoftw!!!111

Spectre and Galactus are both abstracts. Strictly speaking, abstracts must represent some abstract concept or fundamental force of nature, like eternity for time and the universe, and the endless for their respective domains .

In forums, we also use the term abstract to refer to characters like MXY and scarlet witch, that aren't really embodyments of abstractions, but are as powerfull as the 'true' abstracts. People above cosmic cube level of power.

Galactus and spectre fit both definitions.

galactusischere
An unrestricted Cosmic Cube is actually more powerful than either Galactus or Spectre.

Neither Galactus nor Spectre are more powerful than Cosmic Cubes. That depends on what source you choose to believe. But offically, post-retcon cosmic cubes are below the celestials and were always microbes compared to the heavier weight abstracts. Spectre is as powerfull as the presence makes him and G is also pretty high up there in the cosmic ladder.

galactusischere
Those are restricted cubes. Premature CCs would rival the power of the Gauntlet.

Those are restricted cubes. Premature CCs would rival the power of the Gauntlet. I was referring to the fully formed cube beings yes.

Black bolt z
How the hell is this thread still open?

Joker793
coz supes can beat big G in this thread

shokosugi
The greatest super hero of all time vs. an oversized b-level villain?

brownqk
Originally posted by shokosugi

Yeah, well that oversized b-level villain beats your hero everyday all day....

/thread

TheTyrant
Originally posted by shokosugi

You mean the lamest superhero vs the greatest cosmic character?

cdtm
You mean the lamest superhero vs the greatest cosmic character?

Yeah, Big G's outfit is probably lamer than Vartox's. stick out tongue

As Plastic Man said, "That's fashion?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.