Sundipped Superman Vs. WM Thor w/full armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Yet another Superman Vs. Thor thread. But what can i say, I'm a sucker for compelling battles.
Superman sundips for 2 minutes.
Thor has his full armor including special gauntlets & BoS.
Who wins this battle in a never ending war for top comic book tough guy?!?

JakeTheBank
I think this one was done before, actually.

Thor ftw.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Warlord
so Thor has wm+bos=strength x20 plus gauntlets that allow him to unleash magical energies like never before?

I think he can win this

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think this one was done before, actually.

Thor ftw.

really? i searched..

celeyhyga17
yeah but how bout that supes pushing warworld with a sundip??!?!

amnesia
I don't usually share my opinion on the Thor vs superman thing, but i think Thor takes this smile

Warlord
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
yeah but how bout that supes pushing warworld with a sundip??!?!

Thor was doing things close to this, like the serpent and the world engine without being amped. I think they are close in strength in these modes. Thor just has the way to depower Supes IMO

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

JakeTheBank
Well, we're all in agreement that Thor wins. Thread should be closed, now. It's served its purpose.

celeyhyga17
Well, we're all in agreement that Thor wins. Thread should be closed, now. It's served its purpose.

party pooper

quanchi112
Well, we're all in agreement that Thor wins. Thread should be closed, now. It's served its purpose. Agreed.

Mshinu
Thor would do that famous neck snap move (Hulk and Sentry in what ifs) on supes here.

BattleMage
WM THOR

amnesia
as long as this never reaches comic vine, we a safe from trolling. (They have a hard-on for superman over there.)

celeyhyga17
so how long was Supe's sundip in OWAW when he pushed Warworld?

Wild Shadow
superman wins b/c he fights above ftl speed and he can take galaxy lvl blast and supes can absorb mjolnir's energy like he did the sun eater.. leaving thor powerless without flight

shifty

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
superman wins b/c he fights above ftl speed and he can take galaxy lvl blast and supes can absorb mjolnir's energy like he did the sun eater.. leaving thor powerless without flight

shifty

did you just say he will absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!?!?!?!?~!

I think I just got mind raped.....

*walks away talking to himself*

"Absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!"
"did he just say absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!"
"did he just... naaahh.... did he??!!?"
"Energy from Mjolnir? Absorb?!?!"
"Naaahh!!?"

Galan007
so how long was Supe's sundip in OWAW when he pushed Warworld? No exact time was given, but I'd estimate a few minutes.

amnesia
did you just say he will absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!?!?!?!?~!

I think I just got mind raped.....

*walks away talking to himself*

"Absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!"
"did he just say absorb energy from Mjolnir?!?!"
"did he just... naaahh.... did he??!!?"
"Energy from Mjolnir? Absorb?!?!"
"Naaahh!!?"

I don't think he is serious smile

cdtm
Superman wins via sundipped enhanced speed blitz.

Thor could definitely blow him away if given his shot, though.

Philosophía
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor could definitely blow him That much we agree upon.

You shouldn't have edited.

cdtm

JakeTheBank
If Thor's high level speed wasn't dependent on his hammer, but natural like, say, Flash or Gladiators, he'd be unstoppable. And battles would be a lot less debatable/interesting. big grin

In sheer raw power, there's simply no comparison.

Thor's already defeated Gladiator, a bloodlusted Glads with prep time who attacked him in his mortal form first, no less.

Speed's really not an issue for Thor when he has countermeasures against it outside of his own reflexes and speed.

psycho gundam
gladiator also whooped thor (thor got him in the second round though but i guess that's just another example of thor's cis)

you know the issue i'm talking about, gladiator embarrassed him

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
gladiator also whooped thor (thor got him in the second round though but i guess that's just another example of thor's cis)

If it's the same issue we're talking about, it just goes to show if Gladiator can get the jump on Thor and endanger civilians nearby while bloodlusted, he can potentially defeat him. Not to mention this was back when the 60 second rule was in effect for Mjolnir. The deck was literally stacked in favor of Glad's. It was far from a clean win, imo.

psycho gundam
i'll give you the hammer thing, that can't happen again

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam

The issue that started off The Reigning. Older Glads fights for his future, and stuff.

Even in that issue, Glads didn't really blitz Thor. Blitzes are very, very rare occurrences in actual comic book fights. Otherwise, Spidey never would've defeated Speed Demon and Quicksilver like he did..

That's why Thunderbolts rules.. It's one of the few comics where characters actually competently use their power sets, like in the case of Mr. X vs Quicksilver.

Tell me I wasn't the only one who thought "That's how Quicksilver should've been written all along!"

JakeTheBank
Without circumstances such as attacking Jake Olsen with heat vision, endangering Mandy, the girl who Jake was trying to catch up with, or being bloodlusted while attacking a Thor who doesn't know what the hell is going on, I can't see Gladiator replicating that good of a showing against Thor again, especially not a forum setting without plot device or PIS.

Galan007
If y'all are talking about the Thor/Glads battle in "Thor v2" #34-35, then Thor is clearly superior... After he stops holding back. Granted Gladiator slapped Thor around initially, but there are external factors pertaining to the beginning of their fight which must be taken into consideration (ie. Thor protecting innocents whilst fighting, etc.)

But yeah, when Thor got serious he owned Glads with a fair amount of ease.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
If y'all are talking about the Thor/Glads battle in Thor v2. #34-35, then Thor is clearly superior after he stops holding back. Granted Gladiator slapped Thor around initially, but there are external factors pertaining to the beginning of their fight which must be taken into consideration (ie. Thor protecting innocents whilst fighting, etc.)

thumb up

Exactly.

cdtm
If y'all are talking about the Thor/Glads battle in Thor v2. #34-35, then Thor is clearly superior after he stops holding back. Granted Gladiator slapped Thor around initially, but there are external factors pertaining to the beginning of their fight which must be taken into consideration (ie. Thor protecting innocents whilst fighting, etc.)

He owned Glads after catching him off guard with an energy attack first. Energy attack from Thor can hurt anyone.. ANYONE.

You can't really say Thor's beatdown on Glads was indicative of how a "real" fight would go, any more than you can dismiss the circumstances of the first round.

JakeTheBank
He owned Glads after catching him off guard with an energy attack first. Energy attack from Thor can hurt anyone.. ANYONE.

You can't really say Thor's beatdown on Glads was indicative of how a "real" fight would go, any more than you can dismiss the circumstances of the first round.

I don't see how off guard Glads could have been when it was clear that after they saved the plane they were going to resume their fight. Thor even clearly stated he was about to beat that ass before he did actually beat that ass.

Said blast hurt Glads, sure, but he stood up almost right afterword, ready to go again. It was the Mjolnir bashing that did him in. Tarene just added insult to injury after the fight.

Galan007
a.) Thor shouted at Gladiator for a few seconds prior to using the energy attack. So unless Glads is totally deaf, then he HAD to of known something was coming.

b.) That energy attack didn't cause much lasting harm to Glads anyway (he got up immediately after.)

c.) It was Thor's melee-hammer-attack that wtfowned Glads.

Here's the pertinent scans:
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/thorown1.jpg/
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/thorown2.jpg/
http://img203.imageshack.us/i/thorown3.jpg/
http://img218.imageshack.us/i/thorown4.jpg/

Hell, Glads outright stated Thor was more powerful:
http://img411.imageshack.us/i/thorown5.jpg/

leonidas
a.) Thor shouted at Gladiator for a few seconds prior to using the energy attack. So unless Glads is totally deaf, then he HAD to of known something was coming.

b.) That energy attack didn't cause much lasting harm to Glads anyway (he got up immediately after.)

yep.

thor whoops glads everytime. sundipped supes is something different. depends on the length of the sun dip i'd guess.

kgkg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/Decrepitbeef/Facepalm.jpg

JakeTheBank

thumb up

Omega Vision

I hope you realize this means you're off Carver's Christmas Card mailing list.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor beats that ass.

Warlord
on a side note it was ridiculous how they strugled both to stop that plane when they have far better feats on their own

JakeTheBank
I don't think it was the weight that was tricky. It was forcing it to land gently enough without damaging it or the passengers inside.

Warlord
kill them all I say!!!

QUICKTOLEARN
Thor's already defeated Gladiator, a bloodlusted Glads with prep time who attacked him in his mortal form first, no less.

Speed's really not an issue for Thor when he has countermeasures against it outside of his own reflexes and speed. First of all, i think thor wins against supes in this thread. Second, i disagree that gladiator was bloodlusted, he never showed that in their battle. Gladiator KOED thor with one shot. Thor did not save thor.. the story saved thor for the next book. ( no way was thor going to die in that book ). Both supes and glads have taken thors hammer out of play and KOED thor with one shot. The thing is, gladiator has to follow the story and lose in the end, superman did not. In a straight up no writer determined fight with powers and abilities used, gladiator and superman both would make short work of thor due to speed and strength. Thors only hope is a weapon that gives him a chance. The minute supes and glads removed the hammer and left the battle up to man to man, thor got KOED.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator was sent their specifically to kill Thor.

He did not one shot Thor. He did however uppercut Thor who transformed into Jake Olsen. No actual damage is done to Thor. Hence why when Olsen transformed back into Thor, Thor was perfectly fine while his Donald Drake persona was not in good shape at all.

Superman never knocked out Thor in one shot. I don't think you actually know what a one shot means.

Thor's stronger than Gladiator and about as strong as Superman I'd say.

Moron? Moron.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Warlord
on a side note it was ridiculous how they strugled both to stop that plane when they have far better feats on their own

They didn't struggle with the plane because of the weight or it's size but because they could only apply so much pressure before they tore it apart.

QUICKTOLEARN
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

He did not one shot Thor. He did however uppercut Thor who transformed into Jake Olsen. No actual damage is done to Thor. Hence why when Olsen transformed back into Thor, Thor was perfectly fine while his Donald Drake persona was not in good shape at all.

Superman never knocked out Thor in one shot. I don't think you actually know what a one shot means.

Thor's stronger than Gladiator and about as strong as Superman I'd say.

Moron? Moron. Thor was KOED and went across the sky for 60 seconds. When thor changes from mortal to god, he is healed. jake Olsen did not get hit by glads, thor did. Thor was koed and the 60 seconds expired. When did thor get stronger than glads? How many planets have thor destroyed with his fists? If superman and gladiator hit thor one time in the face and he could not get up..... What do you call it? Thors more powerful than glads, but nowhere near as strong as glads.

amnesia
Originally posted by QUICKTOLEARN
First of all, i think thor wins against supes in this thread. Second, i disagree that gladiator was bloodlusted, he never showed that in their battle. Gladiator KOED thor with one shot. Thor did not save thor.. the story saved thor for the next book. ( no way was thor going to die in that book ). Both supes and glads have taken thors hammer out of play and KOED thor with one shot. The thing is, gladiator has to follow the story and lose in the end, superman did not. In a straight up no writer determined fight with powers and abilities used, gladiator and superman both would make short work of thor due to speed and strength. Thors only hope is a weapon that gives him a chance. The minute supes and glads removed the hammer and left the battle up to man to man, thor got KOED.

Everything Thor does is PIS and everything gladiator does is super duper real. HURR DERP DERP.

Anyways, do you get a hard on from hating on Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor was KOED and went across the sky for 60 seconds. When thor changes from mortal to god, he is healed. jake Olsen did not get hit by glads, thor did. Thor was koed and the 60 seconds expired. When did thor get stronger than glads? How many planets have thor destroyed with his fists? If superman and gladiator hit thor one time in the face and he could not get up..... What do you call it?

He was not knocked out.

No he doesn't. Whatever wounds he suffers as Thor do not get healed when he turns into a mortal (That was only the case for Masterson.). Jurgens specifically addressed this a few issues later. Jane Foster guessed that whatever injuries he suffers as Blake get healed when he transforms into Thor but whatever injuries he suffers as Thor do not get healed when he transforms into Jake.

None as far as I know. Then why has Thor gotten up from being attacked by both Gladiator and Superman.

Moron? Moron.

QUICKTOLEARN
Originally posted by amnesia
Everything Thor does is PIS and everything gladiator does is super duper real. HURR DERP DERP.

Anyways, do you get a hard on from hating on Thor? I dont hate thor, but i know that he is not stronger than gladiator and will not win against him unless pis is involved. Thors hammer will give thor some wins, but not many. Thor has never fought gladiator hand to hand, he tried that against hyperion and was losing and had to use his hammer, it CLEARLY showed hyperion as the stronger.

amnesia
I dont hate thor, but i know that he is not stronger than gladiator and will not win against him unless pis is involved. Thors hammer will give thor some wins, but not many. Thor has never fought gladiator hand to hand, he tried that against hyperion and was losing and had to use his hammer, it CLEARLY showed hyperion as the stronger.

Hal could never take superman without his power ring. So whats your point?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I dont hate thor, but i know that he is not stronger than gladiator and will not win against him unless pis is involved. Thors hammer will give thor some wins, but not many. Thor has never fought gladiator hand to hand, he tried that against hyperion and was losing and had to use his hammer, it CLEARLY showed hyperion as the stronger.

Thor's stronger than Hyperion as well.

If your talking about the first fight with Hyperion, Thor was holding back (Like usual.). That's why the superior Hyperion needs the help of Power Princess just to hold his own against Thor. And that's before he got mad.

QUICKTOLEARN
He was not knocked out.

No he doesn't. Whatever wounds he suffers as Thor do not get healed when he turns into a mortal (That was only the case for Masterson.). Jurgens specifically addressed this a few issues later. Jane Foster guessed that whatever injuries he suffers as Blake get healed when he transforms into Thor but whatever injuries he suffers as Thor do not get healed when he transforms into Jake.

None as far as I know. Then why has Thor gotten up from being attacked by both Gladiator and Superman.

Moron? Moron. He gets up because thats what the story requires... Superman could have stomped his head in while thor was on the ground KOED. Gladiator could have intercepted thor in the air while thor was KOED and killed him hundreds of ways.. Thats not going to happen in a comics or a lot of characters would die each week. A battle between thor and glads without writer interference and powers used to their fullest favors gladiator, how can thor deal with a FULL speed, full power punching gladiator outside of a controlled comic?

QUICKTOLEARN
Hal could never take superman without his power ring. So whats your point? My point is that if thor and glads went hand to hand, gladiator would kill him... Thor with his hammer loses if glads uses his superior speed.

amnesia
My point is that if thor and glads went hand to hand, gladiator would kill him... Thor with his hammer loses if glads uses his superior speed.

Thor do move at the speed of lightning, which is 270k MPH.

QUICKTOLEARN
Thor's stronger than Hyperion as well.

If your talking about the first fight with Hyperion, Thor was holding back (Like usual.). That's why the superior Hyperion needs the help of Power Princess just to hold his own against Thor. And that's before he got mad. Gladiator is stronger than both thor and current superman. Strange that you think thor is stronger than than glads, but close to supes..lol.. Now until you show me thor ( or super ) destroying a planet with strength alone, or containing an explosion that would destroy half the solar system with nothing more than their strength ( no hammer ) i will say glads is stronger. Its up to you to now prove your claim.

amnesia
Gladiator is stronger than both thor and current superman. Strange that you think thor is stronger than than glads, but close to supes..lol.. Now until you show me thor ( or super ) destroying a planet with strength alone, or containing an explosion that would destroy half the solar system with nothing more than their strength ( no hammer ) i will say glads is stronger. Its up to you to now prove your claim.

Tell me when gladiator tanks blasts from celestials.

And stop making sock accounts.

QUICKTOLEARN
Thor do move at the speed of lightning, which is 270k MPH. I think thor is faster than that.... but nowhere near as fast as gladiator.

QUICKTOLEARN
Tell me when gladiator tanks blasts from celestials.

And stop making sock accounts. Tanking a blast has nothing to do with strength.. Also, what is a sock account? Am i breaking the rules somehow?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator is stronger than both thor and current superman. Strange that you think thor is stronger than than glads, but close to supes..lol.. Now until you show me thor ( or super ) destroying a planet with strength alone, or containing an explosion that would destroy half the solar system with nothing more than their strength ( no hammer ) i will say glads is stronger. Its up to you to now prove your claim.

Lol.

Really, why?

Once again with the space cheese feats. Jokes like Terrax can destroy planets. For purely argumentative purposes, Bill has destroyed planets. It doesn't matter how many cosmic cheese feats you have under the belt if you can't step up your game when it counts. Thor once swung and destroyed a portion of the fabric of reality! He broke through Celestial Armor in one blow that was shrugging off planet destroying blows earlier! Thor once lifted himself after his weight was multiplied infinitely!

Trust me, if you want to go down the Cosmic scale feats, both Thor and Clark have Gladiator beat.

He gets up because thats what the story requires... Superman could have stomped his head in while thor was on the ground KOED. Gladiator could have intercepted thor in the air while thor was KOED and killed him hundreds of ways.. Thats not going to happen in a comics or a lot of characters would die each week. A battle between thor and glads without writer interference and powers used to their fullest favors gladiator, how can thor deal with a FULL speed, full power punching gladiator outside of a controlled comic?

Superman was too busy trying to stand up.

Once again, Thor was not out.

Moron? Moron.

I think that's it for me. I've long learned not to get into any extended arguments with sock accounts.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Warlord
on a side note it was ridiculous how they strugled both to stop that plane when they have far better feats on their own high g-force + hundreds of passengers + planet shattering strength x 2 = a difficult situation

Rage.Of.Olympus
Double.

amnesia
Double.

Nah, check out these doubles

QUICKTOLEARN
Lol.

Really, why?

Once again with the space cheese feats. Jokes like Terrax can destroy planets. For purely argumentative purposes, Bill has destroyed planets. It doesn't matter how many cosmic cheese feats you have under the belt if you can't step up your game when it counts. Thor once swung and destroyed a portion of the fabric of reality! He broke through Celestial Armor in one blow that was shrugging off planet destroying blows earlier! Thor once lifted himself after his weight was multiplied infinitely!

Trust me, if you want to go down the Cosmic scale feats, both Thor and Clark have Gladiator beat.

Moron? Moron.

I think that's it for me. I've long learned not to get into any extended arguments with sock accounts. The hammer did those things.. Thor could not do it with his fists alone. Plus he was amped anyway. He could never do those things without his hammer, but you are right, you have your say and i have mines. Have a nice day.

amnesia
The hammer did those things.. Thor could not do it with his fists alone. Plus he was amped anyway. He could never do those things without his hammer, but you are right, you have your say and i have mines. Have a nice day.

The hammer needs a sufficient force to be able to hit through celestial armor (Celestials>>>>>>> Odin's spells.)

Rage.Of.Olympus
The sock is banned. I can go to sleep with a smile on my face now.

cdtm
thumb up

I dunno, with an opening attack like that, at the least, Glads must've been stunned..

I still don't think this proves Thor "beats his ass every time".. Yeah, Thor delivered a savage beatdown, but Gladiator is a formidable opponent for anyone. He could dish it out, if given the chance, and to his credit he wasn't outright KOed while on the recieving end.

Anyways, sticking with Supes as my choice in this battle, mostly due to a speed edge combined with a more comprehensive stat ampage.

Joker793
Sundipped superman

carver9
Lol.

Really, why?

Moron? Moron.

I think that's it for me. I've long learned not to get into any extended arguments with sock accounts.

confused Thor isnt stronger than Gladiator. More powerful, hell yeah; can Thor beat Gladiator, sure can, I give Thor a clear majority over Gladiator, like 7 or 8/10 but is he physically stronger, NOPE.

Clark isnt stronger than Glads either and I consider Clark and Thor equals when it comes to strength. Hell, going by showings of strength, Thor has clark beat but Glads, hell naw.

Lets not even add to the fact that Glads can amp. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
confused Thor isnt stronger than Gladiator. More powerful, hell yeah; can Thor beat Gladiator, sure can, I give Thor a clear majority over Gladiator, like 7 or 8/10 but is he physically stronger, NOPE.

Clark isnt stronger than Glads either and I consider Clark and Thor equals when it comes to strength. Hell, going by showings of strength, Thor has clark beat but Glads, hell naw.

Never change, Carver.

carver9
Never change, Carver.

LOL, I'm sorry; I guess this will be something that we will just have to agree to disagree on.

At least I admitted Thor>Gladiator, even though it pains me to say this.

JakeTheBank
LOL, I'm sorry; I guess this will be something that we will just have to agree to disagree on.

At least I admitted Thor>Gladiator, even though it pains me to say this.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
No exact time was given, but I'd estimate a few minutes.

i knew as much.. havent checked it out in a while. i gathered it was a few minutes as well.

cdtm

He did not one shot Thor. He did however uppercut Thor who transformed into Jake Olsen. No actual damage is done to Thor.

Again, that only makes sense if you believe it took Thor 60 seconds from the time Gladiator hit him to the time he landed in that burning building.

As he should've at least had enough time to at walk/run out of there if he wasn't damaged since Glads knocking the hammer away and punch were pretty close together, it means he wasn't in any condition to simply walk out of there when he landed, being either stunned or koed for a few moments, and than transformed.

cdtm
We're talking about the gear Thor wore against that Thanos clone, right? The one who appeared about as powerful as the real Thanos (Considering the writer thought he was writing the real Thanos)

And Thor gets WM on top of this...

Thinking about changing my vote. I'm not sure even sundipped Supes can kick Thanos around like full gear Thor did, and this is full gear Thor plus WM....

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
We're talking about the gear Thor wore against that Thanos clone, right? The one who appeared about as powerful as the real Thanos (Considering the writer thought he was writing the real Thanos)

And Thor gets WM on top of this...

Thinking about changing my vote. I'm not sure even sundipped Supes can kick Thanos around like full gear Thor did, and this is full gear Thor plus WM....

The Thanos that Thor fought in his gear was way more powerful than the regular deal. He was going to end life across the Universe with the power he had amassed.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I'd say Superman or Thor have an edge on Gladiator in strength. Not a large one, but it's still there.

carver9
I'd say Superman or Thor have an edge on Gladiator in strength. Not a large one, but it's still there.

I dont agree and I honestly cant see where you are getting this from. Him halting and moving an asteroid that was big enough to cover a star lane; him busting a planet open with his fist, him stopping a moon sized meteor from destroying earth while weakened, him one shotting Binary, one shotting Nova, him one shotting black bolt during their last encounter, him one shotting a skrull that possessed some of earth mightiest heros powers and lets not even bring up the thousands of on panel statements of his strength or him ripping through 12 inch thick titanium like it was paper, or him curb stomping Wolverine wink .

quanchi112
I'd say Superman or Thor have an edge on Gladiator in strength. Not a large one, but it's still there. Thor doesn't they seem to be equals although it's obvious Thor needs his hammer to beat Glads for a majority outside a durok blast or something.

cdtm
Still not sure which way to go on this.

If Thor decked out in full gear really is Thanos level, I guess that should be above even sun dipped Supes.. There isn't any combat feats to suggest Supes can tackle someone on Thanos's level..

Also, in an unrelated note, should Thor knocking Superman tfo in JLA/Avengers 1 be counted as a "win"? It was kind of cheap, but both teams were ready to fight, and Thor still took him out in ONE HIT...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.