Ironfist vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
ko, kill cis on morality on.. each start off opposite end of a football field..
music on speakers:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXrU1RzEFE&feature=related

who wins and why?

The Nuul
Whats next......Danny vs Colossus or Juggernaut?

Wild Shadow
pretty sure there was already a colossus vs ironfist thread

Omega Vision
IF. It takes him a while but Thing is essentially just a more powerful Luke Cage without the Blacksploitation swagger.

Wild Shadow
multiply thing to luke by a factor of 5 at a bare minimum just to reach thing's strength bracket not his full peak strength..

FOOM
Iron Fist fighting the Thing is not as far fetched as Iron Fist fighting the Juggernaut.

Danny did once knock Ben out - however, to do so, he came up behind Ben while Ben was busy teaching Luke a lesson.

jalek moye
I say Iron Fist wins

The Nuul
Thing wins.

He has taken much harder hits before. Its a matter of time before Danny runs out of gas or gets KOed/stunned by T-claps.

Wild Shadow
i'll take thing ftw

jinzin
Danny slices him in half.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jinzin
Danny slices him in half. would that be within cis? shifty what makes you think he even can?

jinzin
Cause I like his bandana mask. confused

Wild Shadow
Cause I like his bandana mask. confused watch at 3:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9yHM4Bzq0&feature=related

must have bn danny's asian influece he is pratically chinese

jinzin
I'll watch it when I get home....
As for the fight... pfft I've seen Danny break rocks before.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wild Shadow
i seen thing tank nukes even though the annual shouldnt be looked at as canon imo.. anyways i seen thing grab nano sharp tech blades and whatnot while attempting to cut him..

anyways i just realize the youtube video in my op was not the theme song i intended to put in... this is the song they will be lessoning to as they enter the field..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikKzQwgBJc

jinzin
Yeah? Well Danny killed a bullet train with one punch and didn't even hurt his wrist.

Wild Shadow
thing destroys trains while not even being aware of getting hit or even trying to.. he can fall asleep on the tracks or casually walk by as the train approaches and demolish it..

BUSTER1
Thing for the win!

jinzin
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
thing destroys trains while not even being aware of getting hit or even trying to.. he can fall asleep on the tracks or casually walk by as the train approaches and demolish it..

All that means is that Thing has no sense of awareness... Danny can HEAR sweat dropping down a face from 20 feet away. He's going to put Ben to sleep on the tracks with a pair of yellow slippers to the face!

The Real Wolvie
All that means is that Thing has no sense of awareness... Danny can HEAR sweat dropping down a face from 20 feet away. He's going to put Ben to sleep on the tracks with a pair of yellow slippers to the face!

So is Fist ubber tier now? I don't read any of his comics...

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
So is Fist ubber tier now? I don't read any of his comics...

Some think so..

Wild Shadow
i like how ppl vote and not make a single post with why they think their pick will win.. i think i am finished using polls since they dont even match up with the arguments.. you can have 50 guys arguing about why one character wins and only have 3 ppl argue against them but some how the pull will have 200 ppl siding with the under dog that only has three ppl arguing against the 50 actual posters

Starscream M
prob thing...dannys out of his league here

StiltmanFTW
I'd say Danny wins. Way faster, obviously more agile and skilled... and should be able to land several punches before Thing could react.

Wild Shadow
thunder clap puts an immediate stop to that and ground stomps will keep danny distracted and focus on not breaking a leg or falling into a crack

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'd say Danny wins. Way faster, obviously more agile and skilled... and should be able to land several punches before Thing could react. could dannys punches KO thing?

Bentley
Originally posted by Starscream M
could dannys punches KO thing?

If he stood still and took them to the face I think so.

StiltmanFTW
thunder clap puts an immediate stop to that and ground stomps who keep danny distracted and focus on not breaking a leg or falling into a crack

Serious question: can Thing thunderclap? If so, how often does he resort to that?

Ground pounds... with Rand's superhuman balance it won't be an issue.

To be honest, quite the opposite thing is more likely. IF can ground pound too, y'know. Wouldn't be hard to knock Ben on his ass and then beat the shit out of him.

Originally posted by Starscream M
could dannys punches KO thing?

Why not? He's more powerful than ever now.

Starscream M

Why not? He's more powerful than ever now. whos the most powerful guy he's beaten?

The Nuul
Somehow characters like Hulk cannot smash Thing in one shot but some how Danny can.

facepalm

Bentley
Originally posted by The Nuul
Somehow characters like Hulk cannot smash Thing in one shot but some how Danny can.

facepalm

Hulk is a jobber.

dmills
Danny can survive a damn thunderclap. And destroying the ground would effect Ben also, unless he can float now. Besides, this fight would be over before one Thunder clap is accomplished.

Wild Shadow
Serious question: can Thing thunderclap? If so, how often does he resort to that?

Ground pounds... with Rand's superhuman balance it won't be an issue.

To be honest, quite the opposite thing is more likely. IF can ground pound too, y'know. Wouldn't be hard to knock Ben on his ass and then beat the shit out of him.

Why not? He's more powerful than ever now.

he has done plenty of times he has done it to the x-men when logan kicked reed in the face.. iirc correctly he has done it to the spider when he got annoyed with trying to grab him as well..

bens a wrestler he can fight from the ground position better then danny could ever hope to do.. plus his strength would be enough to get him the win on the ground fighting less chance for danny to manuever and use his chi punch.. stick out tongue

dmills
@The Nuul,

Apples and oranges. Danny is one of the most skilled martial artists in the MU, and he can throw class 100 punches, make use of chi amped pressure point strikes, or eyeball strikes.

Wild Shadow
has his punches ever knocked out a 100 tonner?

The Nuul
Originally posted by dmills
@The Nuul,

Apples and oranges. Danny is one of the most skilled martial artists in the MU, and he can throw class 100 punches, make use of chi amped pressure point strikes, or eyeball strikes.

What feats does he have KOing someone like Thing and what feats say that he can throw class 100 punches?

Smashing a train is different than trying to smash someone like the Thing.

tkitna
The Nuuls right. This is silly. The Things to much for IF regardless of all the wanking.

Juk3n
let go the Fanwank, List of people Rand isnt beating so we can avoid future mismatches.

Hulk
Thing
Gladiator
Thor
Sentry
Superman
Wonderwoman
BA
on
and
on
and
on.

jinzin
Lol okay I was just goofing around before but..... hasn't IF already harmed the Thing?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's not inconceivable that Iron Fist can put down the Thing currently. As long as he plays smart, avoiding all his blows and wearing him down with his Iron Fist, he could win.

namorsubby
the thing

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Juk3n
let go the Fanwank, List of people Rand isnt beating so we can avoid future mismatches.

Hulk
Thing
Gladiator
Thor
Sentry
Superman
Wonderwoman
BA
on
and
on
and
on.

so he can beat clossus, skaar and hercules since they are not on the list, right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really?

Wild Shadow
i think IF already ko'ed Hercules so he does have the potential to compete with this weight class..

The Nuul
Why stop there, Juggs should be next!

SuperiorTech
i think IF already ko'ed Hercules so he does have the potential to compete with this weight class..

Being mortal and drunk probably had something to do with that.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I wasn't referring to any specific match up but to the astoundingly stupid conclusion you came to based on Juk3n's post.

It was a drunk and mortal Hercules as I recall.

Wild Shadow
dont make excuses for herc.. angel (by the way teasing)

Rage.Of.Olympus
dont make excuses for herc.. angel (by the way teasing)

I'm not. I'm just providing the context you were missing.

No, you weren't.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not. I'm just providing the context you were missing.

No, you weren't. yes, i was.. anyone who has argued for or against herc has heard that IF moment at least once or twice..

dmills
Yes he has stunned Ben with an Iron Fist before. It actually was more like an iron slap. He slapped the hell out of Ben laughing out loud "What's wrong with you byatch?!" HIIIYAH! Iron pimp slap.

cdtm
Thing wins, after a long, hard fight.

Wild Shadow
only thing hard about it is thing trying not to hurt him and trying to grab him instead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.