Ryu vs Albert Wesker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Two of Capcom's iconic characters butt heads in a clash of epic proportions.

In his tenure as Capcom's posterboy, Ryu has faced down madmen, meglomaniacs, wannabe gods, and the finest that SNK, Marvel and Tatsunoko has to offer.

So how will the Japanese Ansatsuken master will fare in a one-on-one match against Resident Evil's power-hungry superman?

Before Kijuju, Wesker decides on a little detour, and heads for Japan to investigate rumors of a hidden Shadowlaw facility.

Instead of a facility, both he and Evil Jill find an abandoned Shinto temple, with Ryu inside.

Ryu is immediately on his guard. Wesker sends Evil Jill after Ryu. Imagine Wesker's shock that despite being on a P-30 trip, E. Jill is brought down by a Shinshoryuken.

"Good. Bad. I'm the one with the Dragon Punch," Ryu mused as he turns from the downed woman. "If it's a fight you want, then you got it. Now that your partner is out of the way, the numbers are now fair. One-on-one."

Wesker cracks his knuckles. "You're strong. When I'm through playing with you, I will use your body for my experiments," he replies.

The battle is on. Strictly hand to hand. Wesker's Samurai Edge is banned.

FinalAnswer
*Running headbutts a wall and an heros*

No End N Site
If Ryu aint got Hadoukens, he may be in for a hard match.

Strength-
Ryu

Speed-
Wesker

Durability-
Tie or slight edge may go to Ryu. 'Guy did fight Akuma, and S.Bison and did not die. Bullets also bounce off Ryu's body. Wesker can be mildly hurt by bullets if he fails to dodge them, then again, an RPG did explode in his hand. Still, Wesker would get raped instantaneously by S.Bison. Ryu kinda did too, though.

Skill-
Ryu

Endurance-
Ryu or maybe Wesker, not sure.

All and all, if this is Ryu by the time of 3rd Strike, he takes it. If this is the SFIV, Ryu. I think it's a tie, wit no chi to fire.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by No End N Site
Bullets also bounce off Ryu's body. Wesker can be mildly hurt by bullets if he fails to dodge them, then again, an RPG did explode in his hand. Still, Wesker would get raped instantaneously by S.Bison. Ryu kinda did too, though.

In the SF Alpha manga, Ryu gets shot in the opening, but he ejects the bullets from his body whilst in a Dark Hadou trip.

Kirikaze Fuuma
You mean Evil Ryu.

No End N Site
They are the same person.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
In the SF Alpha manga, Ryu gets shot in the opening, but he ejects the bullets from his body whilst in a Dark Hadou trip.

That's nothin', in the Ryu Final (same guy behind the SFA Manga). Sagat blocks two bullets just by openin' his hand. Ryu the goes on to reopen Sagat's scar (Ryu still lost to Sagat though). Ryu also intentionally allowed Akuma to impale him with his hand.

Kirikaze Fuuma
They are the same person.

But if this normal Ryu, you can't use his evil form. Unless Snafu said Evil Ryu is included too.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
But if this normal Ryu, you can't use his evil form. Unless Snafu said Evil Ryu is included too.

Being Evil does not increase his durability.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Being Evil does not increase his durability.

He got a power up from satsui no hado. So, you wanna say his power and speed increased while his durability isn't?

No End N Site
He got a power up from satsui no hado. So, you wanna say his power and speed increased while his durability isn't?

The hardness of one's skin is not that same as speed and power. So yeah, that's what I'm sayin'.

Kirikaze Fuuma
The hardness of one's skin is not that same as speed and power. So yeah, that's what I'm sayin'.

It's his evil aura that deflected the bullet.

No End N Site
It's his evil aura that deflected the bullet.

Evil Ryu is nothin' more than Ryu wit the intent to kill. As shown "Ryu can use his full power to do good things too. Not just kill people.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu is stated to be equal to Evil Ryu. Ryu never even goes evil in SFIV, he only taps into it. Ryu is 'much' stronger than he was in that movie by the time of 3rd Strike.

You mean SF3? To be exact, he is as skilled as Evil Ryu. He doesn't have a power like Evil Ryu had. Don't believe me? Gouki sank an island with his punch. Ryu performed a shin shoryuken and failed to KO Hugo. Now don't tell me Hugo has an island durability since people like Cody and Kyle defeated him.

No End N Site
You mean SF3? To be exact, he is as skilled as Evil Ryu. He doesn't have a power like Evil Ryu had. Don't believe me? Gouki sank an island with his punch. Ryu performed a shin shoryuken and failed to KO Hugo. Now don't tell me Hugo has an island durability since people like Cody and Kyle defeated him.

Wrong, Streetwise is not canon. Hugo being in FF is erroneous. He's only related to the Andore's in FF. So he never fought Cody or anyone else. Given the nature of of the SSRK and the fact that SFIII Ryu is beyond A2 Akuma, I would say, not being able to KO Hugo in one move is not bad for Ryu, but is good for Hugo.

How much do you actually know about SF, cuz almost everything you type on the subject is wrong?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Wrong, Streetwise is not canon. Hugo being in FF is erroneous. He's only related to the Andore's in FF. So he never fought Cody or anyone else. Given the nature of of the SSRK and the fact that SFIII Ryu is beyond A2 Akuma, I would say, not being able to KO Hugo in one move is no bad for Ryu, but is good for Hugo.

How much do you actually know about SF, cuz almost everything you type on the subject is wrong?

So, Hugo had an island durability huh?

No End N Site
So, Hugo had an island durability huh?

May be more durable than that.

Kirikaze Fuuma
May be more durable than that.

I'd like to see what would Sado says if he sees this. laughing out loud

No End N Site
I'd like to see what would Sado says if he sees this. laughing out loud

Lol, I bet you would like to swing off Sado's nuts right now...

I bet it gets pretty damn lonely.

Sin_Volvagia
Wesker wins for having regeneration.

If Ryu aint got Hadoukens, he may be in for a hard match.

Strength-
Ryu

Speed-
Wesker

Durability-
Tie or slight edge may go to Ryu. 'Guy did fight Akuma, and S.Bison and did not die. Bullets also bounce off Ryu's body. Wesker can be mildly hurt by bullets if he fails to dodge them, then again, an RPG did explode in his hand. Still, Wesker would get raped instantaneously by S.Bison. Ryu kinda did too, though.

Skill-
Ryu

Endurance-
Ryu or maybe Wesker, not sure.

All and all, if this is Ryu by the time of 3rd Strike, he takes it. If this is the SFIV, Ryu. I think it's a tie, wit no chi to fire.

Ryu is only bullet proof as Evil Ryu. Unless, normal Ryu has been shot, you have no proof.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Ryu is only bullet proof as Evil Ryu. Unless, normal Ryu has been shot, you have no proof.

He wasn't Evil in the movie. 'Pretty damn clear you don't no shit about SF, or more specifically the Satsui No Hadou.

Stop it...

Frisky Dingo
He wasn't Evil in the movie. 'Pretty damn clear you don't no shit about SF, or more specifically the Satsui No Hadou.

Stop it...

Pretty much. I think it's best 2 read official N4mation, play a few games, and try 2 stay current B4 participating N a debate like U now what U'R talking about. There is a stark difference Btween SNH Ryu and Ryu using his full strength. It's clear that Ryu can channel his "purple aura" without going mad.

Metsu Hadouken

Metsu Shoryuken

Using his "evil" energy to amp his Hadouken and destroy the S.I.N base to protect Sakura from the BLECE machine.

Gouki uses the SNH all the time and always holds back and never kills unnecessarily. It's their own energy they gained through hard and work training. And unless it's Bing used to kill, it's not SNH. Covering yourself in a aura 2 protect yourself doesn't sound like the intent 2 kill some1. Just because Ryu can't go evil, doesn't mean he can't use his full strength. News flash people, the only difference Btween Ryu and SNH Ryu is the destructive force and lethality of their attacks.

Until Ryu's gi turns black, his skin changes, and the kanji, "Metsu", 4 destruction appears on his back, he's not evil. Bing able 2 withstand island sinking punches and equaling his power out with the with SNH Ryu, even B4 Oro makes Ryu pretty much impervious 2 bullets. I honestly don't C how U and DSZ can still argue with people on KMC even after most have proven near absolute ignorance on the game, like now. Posters don't even seem 2 B aware of the the point that "Evil Ryu" doesn't exist. It's only an Xample of who Ryu would B if he walked the same path as Gouki.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Pretty much. I think it's best 2 read official N4mation, play a few games, and try 2 stay current B4 participating N a debate like U now what U'R talking about. There is a stark difference Btween SNH Ryu and Ryu using his full strength. It's clear that Ryu can channel his "purple aura" without going mad.

Metsu Hadouken

Metsu Shoryuken

Using his "evil" energy to amp his Hadouken and destroy the S.I.N base to protect Sakura from the BLECE machine.

Gouki uses the SNH all the time and always holds back and never kills unnecessarily. It's their own energy they gained through hard and work training. And unless it's Bing used to kill, it's not SNH. Covering yourself in a aura 2 protect yourself doesn't sound like the intent 2 kill some1. Just because Ryu can't go evil, doesn't mean he can't use his full strength. News flash people, the only difference Btween Ryu and SNH Ryu is the destructive force and lethality of their attacks.

Until Ryu's gi turns black, his skin changes, and the kanji, "Metsu", 4 destruction appears on his back, he's not evil. Bing able 2 withstand island sinking punches and equaling his power out with the with SNH Ryu, even B4 Oro makes Ryu pretty much impervious 2 bullets. I honestly don't C how U and DSZ can still argue with people on KMC even after most have proven near absolute ignorance on the game, like now. Posters don't even seem 2 B aware of the the point that "Evil Ryu" doesn't exist. It's only an Xample of who Ryu would B if he walked the same path as Gouki.

Exactly...peeps act like dude put up the aura intentionally to deflect bullets. Ryu at the end of that movie was stronger than he was at the point he fought C.Viper. And the SFIII Ryu is leagues above both. The ignorance of people, it's not "Weak" Ryu and "Strong" Ryu. It's 2 different philosophies at work. I guarantee that Evil Ryu woulda never caught that leaf in 3rd Strike. Learned the "Fists of Wind". Beat Bison in SFA3. Or caught the interest of Sagat (Sagat even held back in Evil Ryu's story cuz he was disgusted wit his power). Rose wouldn't constantly urge Ryu to chose the path of good. Oro wouldn't wanna train Ryu, Alex wouldn't be inspired, Gouken wouldn't be equal to Akuma and etc...

Evil Ryu is just more deadly and destructive because he's willin' to go far enough to kill. It's not like going Super Saiyin and Wesker isn't unlike anything Ryu has handled before.

Kirikaze Fuuma
So by your logic, Satsui no Hado Ryu is just Ryu who goes all out?

No End N Site
So by your logic, Satsui no Hado Ryu is just Ryu who goes all out?

By my logic? That's what CAPCOM officially states. Evil Ryu is just Ryu wit blood lust. His desire to murder adds deadly destruction and effectiveness to his moves.

Kirikaze Fuuma
By my logic? That's what CAPCOM officially states. Evil Ryu is just Ryu wit blood lust. His desire to murder adds deadly destruction and effectiveness to his moves.

To tap into satsui no hado, someone must be consumed with the desire to win that they are willing to kill and it would make those person unbelievably powerful and lose his mind. Evil Ryu is not simply Ryu with blood lust and goes all out. When Ryu enter that state, he lost his mind and become more powerful. If you say it's Ryu with blood lust, then everyone in this world can tap into Satsui no Hado simply by just want to kill people in battle. The fact is : He become much more powerful, faster, his aura deflected the bullets, and lost his mind. Nothing but dark power would make Ryu lost his mind. ever wondering why Ryu always tried to resist it? Ever wondering why Gouken sealed his satsui no hado with his power of nothingness? So, yeah. It's a power up.

No End N Site
To tap into satsui no hado, someone must be consumed with the desire to win that they are willing to kill and it would make those person unbelievably powerful and lose his mind. Evil Ryu is not simply Ryu with blood lust and goes all out. When Ryu enter that state, he lost his mind and become more powerful. If you say it's Ryu with blood lust, then everyone in this world can tap into Satsui no Hado simply by just want to kill people in battle. The fact is : He become much more powerful, faster, his aura deflected the bullets, and lost his mind. Nothing but dark power would make Ryu lost his mind. ever wondering why Ryu always tried to resist it? Ever wondering why Gouken sealed his satsui no hado with his power of nothingness? So, yeah. It's a power up.

Once again, wrong. Could you stop arguin', about SF, cuz it's clear you are clueless on the subject. Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu is Ryu who has Awakened to the Surge of Killing Intent and it's very clear you got ALL of what you just posted from SFwiki, while I rely on actual official informative books. Ryu did not gain power from the Satsui No Hadou, he unlocked his true power at that time and used it to kill. Gouken sealed the Dark Hadou away because he is well aware of the fact that Ryu can only reach his full potential without it. It's a power up, yet Ryu is now equal to it and Gouken has surpassed it. Pleez, STFU and go away.

Lol, Evil Ryu clearly has the upper hand in the Ryu VS Evil Ryu pre-fight animation in Alpha 3.

Street Fighter Eternal Challenge
...He sported a dark uniform with glowing eyes. Looking much like Akuma, Dark Ryu emerged from the storyline in the Alpha series. His powers came from loosing control of the Hadou energy he stored in his body. This SAME energy gave Ryu the ability to preform Fireball attacks and made him more powerful in combat but losing control of it consumed him with DESIRES FOR DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. This is the same corruption that over took Akuma when he killed Gouken, Ryu's master. Most of the time Ryu managed to keep the energy in check so Dark Ryu rarely surfaced.

As far as the timeline is concerned, Dark Ryu doesn't surface again after the Alpha series. HE WAS ABLE TO FIND A NEW SOURCE OF POWER WITHIN HIMSELF TO REPLACE THE DARK HADOU AND USED IT FROM STREET FIGHTER II ONWARDS.

Where in the hell does it say Evil Ryu is stronger. It says exactly what I have been sayin', It's Ryu not holding back with the Intent to Kill and Destroy (Ryu's bad side). Ryu has always had the power within. The Darkness just corrupts his mind and he uses the Hadou to kill. It's clear you have no knowledge on SF and your just arguin' for the hell of it. Your back on my ignore list...I could understand if your posts had more questions and uncertainty but you post as if you know what your talkin' about 100% and are damn sure of it. It's hilarious!

Kirikaze Fuuma

Once again, wrong. Could you stop arguin', about SF, cuz it's clear you are clueless on the subject. Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu is Ryu who has Awakened to the Surge of Killing Intent and it's very clear you got ALL of what you just posted from SFwiki, while I rely on actual official informative books. Ryu did not gain power from the Satsui No Hadou, he unlocked his true power at that time and used it to kill. Gouken sealed the Dark Hadou away because he is well aware of the fact that Ryu can only reach his full potential without it. It's a power up, yet Ryu is now equal to it and Gouken has surpassed it. Pleez, STFU and go away.

Lol, Evil Ryu clearly has the upper hand in the Ryu VS Evil Ryu pre-fight animation in Alpha 3.

...I thought you rely on SNK wikia when we debate about Zero. Nice double standard bub. Besides, it's the same with what you wrote. You just made it up to make Ryu looks strong.

Where in the hell does it say Evil Ryu is stronger. It says exactly what I have been sayin', It's Ryu not holding back with the Intent to Kill and Destroy (Ryu's bad side). Ryu has always had the power within. The Darkness just corrupts his mind and he uses the Hadou to kill. It's clear you have no knowledge on SF and your just arguin' for the hell of it. Your back on my ignore list...I could understand if your posts had more questions and uncertainty but you post as if you know what your talkin' about 100% and are damn sure of it. It's hilarious!

So, going by your words, every Ryu in this versus forum is Evil Ryu, Hugo has an island durability for tanking Ryu's shinshoryuken And Dark hadou corrupted Ryu's mind and makes him goes all out. Nice. You overhyped Ryu to a shameful level. All of these are wrong except Ryu's mind was corrupted. Rather than goes all out like you said, I prefer to say it's his hidden potential (Dark hadou) that would be unleashed when he really wants to kill his opponent. Not going all out.

I'm trying to talk to you politely to you but you told me to STFU even put me in your ignore list. Very nice try to offend me, bub.

No End N Site

... I thought you rely on SNK wikia when we debate about Zero. Nice double standard bub.

Never asked you to believe it. I KNOW that what was written in my book was translated on there. Even SNKwikia has obvious bull shit on it.

So, going by your words, every Ryu in this versus forum is Evil Ryu.

Hugo has an island durability for tanking Ryu's shinshoryuken And

Dark hadou corrupted Ryu's mind and makes him goes all out. Nice.

You overhyped Ryu to a shameful level.

All of these are wrong except Ryu's mind was corrupted.

Rather than goes all out like you said, I prefer to say it's his hidden potential (Dark hadou) that would be unleashed when he really wants to kill his opponent. Not going all out.

Only if he's fightin' wit the intent to kill.

Ryu in SFIII is stronger than SFA2 Akuma who can bust islands. Ryu uses his strongest attack and fails to KO Hugo (he does eventually beat Hugo). It's pretty simple. Now would I use that logic in a normal VS thread? No. But in a Ryu VS Hugo thread? Hell yeah.

Dark Hadou corrupts Ryu's mind, AS OFFICIALLY STATED, and Ryu unleashes the full power of his Hadou with the intent to kill.

You downplay Ryu and make up facts cuz you don't like Ryu or SF. You shove your face full of Hatertots and then you come post on KMC.

All of this is right because I just posted it outta the damn book. Your just flung into a violent spell of hate filled denial.

Whatever quells the hatred within your soul and helps you sleep at night.

Kirikaze Fuuma

Only if he's fightin' wit the intent to kill.

Normally, he never fight to kill.

Ryu in SFIII is stronger than SFA2 Akuma who can bust islands. Ryu uses his strongest attack and fails to KO Hugo (he does eventually beat Hugo). It's pretty simple. Now would I use that logic in a normal VS thread? No. But in a Ryu VS Hugo thread? Hell yeah.

Saying Hugo has more than an island durability is ridiculous. If he really has it, then that'll make him even stronger than Gill, Bison, and even Ken. You still can't understand what is "strong" means in japanese. It's about skill. Not power. Even if you say he is really "As strong", Evil Ryu only made a small creater with his punch when his punch connect to the ground when he fought Crimson Viper. Which already a proof that you are wrong that he has island sinking punch.

Dark Hadou corrupts Ryu's mind, AS OFFICIALLY STATED, and Ryu unleashes the full power of his Hadou with the intent to kill.

I agree with this. So?

You downplay Ryu and make up facts cuz you don't like Ryu or SF. You shove your face full of Hatertots and then you come post on KMC.

Ryu is number 7 in my favorite list character. I'm just trying to straight the fact that you overhyped. I must tell you that you are the worst SF fanboy I've ever seen.

All of this is right because I just posted it outta the damn book. Your just flung into a violent spell of hate filled denial.

Ryu going all out is coming from the book?

No End N Site
Normally, he never fight to kill.

Saying Hugo has more than an island durability is ridiculous. If he really has it, then that'll make him even stronger than Gill, Bison, and even Ken. You still can't understand what is "strong" means in japanese. It's about skill. Not power. Even if you say he is really "As strong", Evil Ryu only made a small creater with his punch when his punch connect to the ground when he fought Crimson Viper. Which already a proof that you are wrong that he has island sinking punch.

I agree with this. So?

Ryu is number 7 in my favorite list character. I'm just trying to straight the fact that you overhyped. I must tell you that you are the worst SF fanboy I've ever seen.

Ryu going all out is coming from the book?

As wrong and as ignorant as usaul. I hope your done now...

Sin_Volvagia

Stop it...

I disagree with one thing and all of a sudden I know nothing of SF? Cut your bullshit!

Snafu the Great
From the Street Fighter Wiki:

To tap into Satsui no Hado, a fighter must be so consumed with the desire to win that they are willing to kill. As a result, only people who push themselves to be the best at all costs can take advantage of it. However, the untrained mind can be driven to a temporary insanity if they have not prepared for it. For those who do succeed in controlling it, they develop an almost cold, cynical detachment from themselves. After Akuma tamed the Satsui no Hado, he lost all of his humanity and became a fighter who only seeks to become the strongest in the world. As such, Satsui no Hado makes a human unbelievably powerful but at the cost of losing one's humanity. Akuma's understanding of Satsui no Hadou is so great, he can seal himself off from it, giving lesser opponents a fighting chance. Learning Satsui no Hadou is the first step in learning the most fatal technique known to all of their martial art, Shun Goku Satsu.

Goutetsu himself was once seen meditating while tapping into Satsui no Hado, so he probably encouraged, or at least accepted, it. This was also how both his students Gouken and Akuma were introduced to the power. Goutetsu would also have had to teach Satsui no Hado to his pupils if he did teach them the Shun Goku Satsu. Finally, he was actually pleased with his student Akuma for tapping into Satsui no Hado during a life or death battle for control of their school. Gouken, a student of Goutetsu who taught a toned-down derivation of his style, detested Satsui no Hadou since he believed it encouraged killing. He condemned his brother Akuma for corrupting his Chikara no Hadou (Surge of Power).

Originally, Ryu scarred Sagat with a single Shoryuken. It was later retconned that Ryu lost control of himself by rising up fist first, upsetting Sagat (and nearly killing him) with a Metsu Shoryuken. His attack took on the properties of Goutetsu's original art despite having never been taught it by his master Gouken. Although Sagat wanted revenge for his scarred chest, he never knew that the scar came from the Satsui no Hado, a dark power that consumed Ryu. During Street Fighter Alpha 2, Ryu finally realized that the Satsui no Hado was the culprit behind his cheap victory over Sagat. Knowing about this dark intent, Ryu has vowed to reject the Satsui no Hado. It was not until the end of Street Fighter IV that Gouken was able to seal it away using the "Power of Nothingness".

No End N Site
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I disagree with one thing and all of a sudden I know nothing of SF? Cut your bullshit!

I may have overreacted but this AINT the 1st time you came WAY off base at me on some SF shit, tho. And some of things you say make me think, "WTF, how many SFs have you actually played"? How can you disagree wit me and contribute to a discussion, tell me, I'm wrong and not even know WTF your talkin' about? I mean, you tell me I'm flat out wrong without even knowin' why I said what I said. Cut 'your' bullshit, pal.

Not even, "Are you sure?". No, it's just, " Your wrong!".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.