Magneto vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Who winzorz?

Bentley
Been done a number of times and only the biggest Magneto fanboys give him the majority.

Estacado
What has Gabriel done that puts him above Erik?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Estacado
What has Gabriel done that puts him above Erik?

It's just the nature of his powerset. He's an energy being killer. His fight with Adam Magus pretty much proves that he can nullify anything Magneto can throw at him...unless it happens to be a star.

rader
I'm a Magneto fanboy, and I'd have problems giving him even 1 win.

The Nuul
Mags is better and more crafty with his powers.

He should win.

batdude123
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
It's just the nature of his powerset. He's an energy being killer.

Like Proteus?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by batdude123
Like Proteus?

Yes like Proteus. But unlike Magneto, Vulcan would feel a lot more at home against Proteus. Mags was shown to be able to shield himself against Proteus energy form for a very short period of time because it was close enough to the EM spectrum and was shown to only slightly change Proteus's energy matrix making it too unstable to remain in Blindfold thus he had no host and dissipated. Psylockes psi-knife also managed to drive him out of the others. Truth be told the X-Men only survived that because Proteus did not want them dead he wanted to possess all of them and because Proteus weakened himself by possessing multiple hosts.

Vulcan was shown to manipulate some weird ass "spiritual energy" in Kingbreaker I've never seen Magneto manipulate something similar to that before. Vulcans has a much broader range then Magneto.

batdude123
Vulcan was shown to manipulate some weird ass "spiritual energy" in Kingbreaker I've never seen Magneto do that before. Vulcans has a much broader range then Magneto.

What would you say Phoenix's life energy is made out of?

ExodusCloak
What would you say Phoenix's life energy is made out of?

The Phoenix Force is a psionic entity. Psionic energy probably. Psionic energy is equated to life energy in X-Men comics. It's how Exodus feeds.
Depending on the writer EM energy and psionic energy are close enough.
It's how some writers have Magneto shield himself from telepathy.

Also Magneto once put Hulk, Xavier etc..in a EM prison. Xavier messed it up by using his telepathy to interfere with the EM energy.

Philosophía
Magneto.

batdude123
The Phoenix Force is a psionic entity. Psionic energy probably. Psionic energy is equated to life energy in X-Men comics. It's how Exodus feeds.

Never seen Vulcan manipulate that type of energy before. uhuh

ExodusCloak
Never seen Vulcan manipulate that type of energy before. uhuh

Rachel Greys, Oracle and that Illusion caster Imperial Guards powers.

batdude123
Rachel Greys, Oracle and that Illusion caster Imperial Guards powers.

Fair nuff.

jinzin
Originally posted by rader
I'm a Magneto fanboy, and I'd have problems giving him even 1 win. thumbsup

Mags gets MAYBE a couple due to experience and trickery.... that's even generous.

Vulcan is a ****tard. Magneto can win some battles

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd favor Magnus in this fight.

If Lorna has proved one thing, it's that electromagnetic based powers can make Vulcan cry. smile

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

If Lorna has proved one thing, it's that electromagnetic based powers can make Vulcan cry. smile

Lorna at her best still lost to Vulcan.

batdude123
And Magneto is >>> Lorna at her best.

There is that too. Mags has decent chances

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Lorna at her best still lost to Vulcan.

I'd favor Vulcan over Lorna in a in a fight true but I doubt he'd walk away unharmed.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/PolarisvsVulcan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/PolarisvsVulcan2.jpg

According to her she would've made him scream again in the standoff after Vulcan captured Havok but Gladiator's cousin interfered.

ExodusCloak

How many times has that happened? Once? If I'm remembering correctly, Lorna had to catch him off guard while he was focused on fighting a Rachel and Korvus + Phoenix Fragment. And that was a very green Vulcan.

Gabriel has seriously uped his durability and strength since then.

In this fight Mags has two things going for him, Vulcan is a 13 year old punk and doesn't have much experience but that's about it. He seemed to do fine against Blackbolt and Magus.

According to her she would've made him scream again in the standoff after Vulcan captured Havok but Gladiator's cousin interfered.

Lorna is clinically delusional and crazy, she also wet herself once she saw Xenith.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How many times has that happened? Once? If I'm remembering correctly, Lorna had to catch him off guard while he was focused on fighting a Rachel and Korvus + Phoenix Fragment. And that was a very green Vulcan.

Gabriel has seriously uped his durability and strength since then.

In this fight Mags has two things going for him, Vulcan is a 13 year old punk and doesn't have much experience but that's about it. He seemed to do fine against Blackbolt and Magus.

I posted the scans above.

When did his durability and strength get upgraded?

As I predicted long before their actual encounter, Vulcan's abilities would be played up above what I'd say was his norm in that fight with Black Bolt and some agree that they were.

Lorna is clinically delusional and crazy, she also wet herself once she saw Xenith.

I'm pretty sure she was being written as pretty stable throughout that entire arc. She hasn't been written as the crazy lady with magnetic powers for a while now. Writing it off as delusional won't fly if that's the case. And clearly it had some merit. However Havok was the one who owned Vulcan and not Lorna this time.

Okay....

ExodusCloak
I posted the scans above.

When did his durability and strength get upgraded?

As I predicted long before their actual encounter, Vulcan's abilities would be played up above what I'd say was his norm in that fight with Black Bolt and some agree that they were.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, those scans say he was focused on fighting Rachel.

Not played up, Bru gave his pet character a way out when he got creamed by Gladiator. In that very comic Vulcan was given the wrong information that's how he lost to the Imperial Guard. Still very impressive considering that.

Vulcan is a new character, it's silly to say his abilities were played up. Your argument equates to pretty much "I don't like it".

Vulcan was shown to take hits from Blackbolt. That's pretty much his durability. He was also shown to amp his strength with his powers so that's his strength.

I'm pretty sure she was being written as pretty stable throughout that entire arc. She hasn't been written as the crazy lady with magnetic powers for a while now. Writing it off as delusional won't fly if that's the case. And clearly it had some merit. However Havok was the one who owned Vulcan and not Lorna this time.

Okay....

No trash talk doesn't equal fact. Otherwise Storm pwns everyone.

Havok was amped by a star. Seriously I don't give a shit about the character but can we at least try and be thorough.

Also Lorna has had many crazy spells that goes away all the way back to her first appearance. Just this decade she bullied Nurse Annie, made a show of herself at her wedding. In space she saw Doop/Daap and became even more crazy, then she was made a horsemen and was still crazy. She ran off because she was crazy, they found her and took her to space. Wait till she comes back she'll still be crazy. It's genetic.

Heck she was being tortured for days/weeks right before that. ***** is psycho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, those scans say he was focused on fighting Rachel.

Not played up, Bru gave his pet character a way out when he got creamed by Gladiator. In that very comic Vulcan was given the wrong information that's how he lost to the Imperial Guard. Still very impressive considering that.

Vulcan is a new character, it's silly to say his abilities were played up. Your argument equates to pretty much "I don't like it".

Vulcan was shown to take hits from Blackbolt. That's pretty much his durability. He was also shown to amp his strength with his powers so that's his strength.

Okay.

You have a point there. The Shi'ar gave him the wrong info so that he would not be prepared for how strong the Imperial Guard was. However, I highly doubt it would have helped against Gladiator much.

He had proven he had limitations such when the Sun amped Havok beat that ass.

Even if you take the handbook stats that Black Bolt is 1 ton level character at base, it still doesn't make sense for Vulcan who's from what I recall seemed to have human level durability suddenly be taking his punches without even so much as some blood. Even an amped punch didn't seem to do much besides knock out a tooth. That's what I meant by being played up. He could be amping but his never consciously shown to do that as I recall.

Strength amping? I always thought physical amping would be a good utilization of his power set. The closest I recall of Vulcan strength amping is when he backed up his punches with an onslaught of energy against Black Bolt.

No trash talk doesn't equal fact. Otherwise Storm pwns everyone.

Havok was amped by a star. Seriously I don't give a shit about the character but can we at least try and be thorough.

I never said it did. Simply pointed out that Lorna believed she could so again, and it's not a claim without merit.

I know the context. A drained Havok drained the power of Vulcan's Imperial Guard member. He then used the energy to kick his ass. I can even post scans if you like.

ExodusCloak
Okay.

You have a point there. The Shi'ar gave him the wrong info so that he would not be prepared for how strong the Imperial Guard was. However, I highly doubt it would have helped against Gladiator much.

Exactly we can not say for certain that is a story for another writer. But keep in mind that Vulcan + More info means Gladiator could get hit by his radiation weakness. Heck Vulcan powerset is so iffy that a writer could even increase his speed if they wanted to.

Yeah but that's a freakin star and he still survived that twice. Havok wanted him dead remember.

Vulcan had no time in RAFOTSE to learn how to use his abilities. He just got freed in Deadly Genesis and took off to destroy the Shi'ar Empire. It's fairly common for Magneto and Psylocke to amp their strength with their powers. With time to practice I don't see that being a problem with Vulcan. Also handbook stats put Vulcans energy manipulation at a solid 7.

It is one because she's never taken him without catching him off guard. He was fighting Korvus and Rachel + Phoenix Fragment. Electron gave her trouble in the previous mini. Vulcan trashed Electron.

Yeah he drained the guy with the power of a star. Can we at least say that when throwing out a Havok pwns Vulcan comment? It will keep people who haven't read the story informed.

If black bolt could do it, magnus has good chances of downing Vulcan as well.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
If black bolt could do it, magnus has good chances of downing Vulcan as well.

The issue is that Blackbolt barely did it with his most powerful weapon, Vulcan was fell by a BB scream with an explosion that tore time and space.

Originally posted by Bentley
The issue is that Blackbolt barely did it with his most powerful weapon, Vulcan was fell by a BB scream with an explosion that tore time and space.

The T bomb that made the fault is what killed them both yes. But I thimk Vulcan could have been disposed off when BB got that temp win, if BB didn't have more important things to worry about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Edit. Stupid lag.

Bentley
Originally posted by 753
The T bomb that made the fault is what killed them both yes. But I thimk Vulcan could have been disposed off when BB got that temp win, if BB didn't have more important things to worry about.

Vulcan seemed to underestimate BB somewhat, but yes, it could be accounted as a win. My issue is that I don't see Mags as capable of pulling a BB-scream-level attack with Vulcan messing with the energies he uses. Heck, even BB had problems using his powers against Summers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The T-Bomb absorbed most of the energy of Black Bolt's scream. The T-Bomb was the main reason why Black Bolt was restraining himself.

Bentley
Yeah, but Vulcan notices how BB's powers work implying he's going to mess with them.

abhilegend
Bump

MrMind
I'm sure all the talk of magneto being underrated and vulcan being overrated

surely means we ignore powersets

StyleTime
It surely means Magneto wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.